1st Trimester

Heavy bleeding at 11w3d. Please help.

I am active on my BMB but didn’t want to start a thread/ask there and freak anyone out.

This morning at 2am I woke up to pee, I noticed my underwear was damp and thought I’d peed myself. I get to the bathroom, take my underwear off and immediately see a pink tint. Possibly blood and urine mixed? Before I could sit on the toilet I had blood running down my leg. I’ve had no abnormal cramping or discomfort. At the ER the baby was moving and had a good heartbeat and that was about all we were told. I was still bleeding a good amount at 8am. I spoke with the oncall ob who said if the baby looked good at 2am and I wasn’t in pain it was likely a SCH. Has anyone had a similar experience? I won’t know more until I see my ob tomorrow and I’m sick with worry.

Re: Heavy bleeding at 11w3d. Please help.

• k_mama91 said:
    I am active on my BMB but didn’t want to start a thread/ask there and freak anyone out.

This morning at 2am I woke up to pee, I noticed my underwear was damp and thought I’d peed myself. I get to the bathroom, take my underwear off and immediately see a pink tint. Possibly blood and urine mixed? Before I could sit on the toilet I had blood running down my leg. I’ve had no abnormal cramping or discomfort. At the ER the baby was moving and had a good heartbeat and that was about all we were told. I was still bleeding a good amount at 8am. I spoke with the oncall ob who said if the baby looked good at 2am and I wasn’t in pain it was likely a SCH. Has anyone had a similar experience? I won’t know more until I see my ob tomorrow and I’m sick with worry.
    Sorry you are going through this, but you have had 2 doctors tell you that it could be a SCH.  You were told baby is ok.  So just know that you saw baby, and there is not much else that can be done.  You will get your concerns discussed tomorrow.  Unfortunately, not much else can be done. 
  • I had a SCH in my first trimester with my first pregnancy. It was detectable on my ultrasound, it looked like a large black mass- were you able to see anything like that on yours? We also had an otherwise normal baby with a heartbeat.  I continued to bleed on and off, but after a couple of weeks the hemorrhage was completely gone. We went on to have a healthy baby.  I was told that SCH are more dangerous the farther into your pregnancy you are, and that they are surprisingly more common than you would think. Get plenty of rest and don’t lift anything, I hope everything goes well. The waiting is horrible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your replies. @Knottie38759220 we had a vanishing twin at 8w3d, the sac is very small now but almost gone, that is all I saw last night. The ultrasound was grainy and the er doctor wasn’t the greatest at using the machine. He didn’t mention anything about seeing a bleed or possibly having a SCH. He didn’t do much other than reassure us with baby’s heartbeat which was great but I’m still really nervous. 
  • Thinking of you, @k_mama91 Praying all is still well tomorrow.
  • @sunshineandlemons thank you. I didn’t want to scare anyone on our board with this. I’m waiting for a call from my ob now.
  • @k_mama91 thinking about you, keep us posted, and don't worry about scaring people on the board. take care of you!
  • @k_mama91 I had 2 small SCH with my current pregnancy. I never started bleeding with these but they resolved after a few weeks. I was on modified bedrest and just basically tried to stay horizontal as much as possible so they would have the best chance of healing quickly. If they are small they likely won't cause any issues. Best of luck! 
  • @emeraldcity1214 thank you! I was told pelvic rest but I wasn’t satisfied with that so I am going with modified bedrest. Im still spotting and being up seems to make it worse. Knowing they’re small and not too close to the baby makes me feel a little better. 
  • sgrn18sgrn18 member
    I had a rather large SCH that started bleeding at 11 weeks. I was SURE i miscarried it was so much blood. US at the ER was good and baby was okay.  They repeated an US at the OB and the SCH was shrinking. I continued to spot brown blood for a few weeks after that.  When it stopped another US confirmed that the SCH was gone.  My LO is now 15 months old.
  • I had exactly the same thing happen to me at 10.5 weeks. The amount of blood is absolutely terrifying and waiting in the ER for hours while you bleed is an awful experience. It’s crazy how many women go through this but seems like with adequate rest they resolve themselves. All the best xx