August 2019 Moms

Work Baby Shower & Quitting

naturelove35naturelove35 member
edited May 2019 in August 2019 Moms
I have been with my company for 15 months. A few months after obtaining the job, we realized the commute was not going to work for me. I have a chronic hip problem that is aggravated by the commute (55 minutes one way). Before being pregnant we made the decision that I would leave my job in March. Then I found out I was pregnant. Now the goal is a little longer to save for the baby. I will quit NLT July 1st (60 days before the baby arrives).

My co-workers want to have a baby shower for me. I have tried multiple times to tell them no or at least no gifts. They don't need to spend the money on me, I have everything I need. I can't get the message through. Should I ask my manager to at least say no gifts/money?

I feel guilty that they would have a baby shower for me and then I would just leave. Should I tell them (30 day notice)? Quit before the baby shower? Tell the baby shower organizer? Any recommendations, I don't want to burn any bridges. This is really about my health and the baby, they are all wonderful people.

Re: Work Baby Shower & Quitting