September 2019 Moms

Weekly Check in 5/20

Hi all! I added a little twist to a couple of our usual ftm/stm and pink/blue/green questions. We can trial it this week and then decide. I thought it might be fun to change those 2 questions up each week since most of us know those things about each other now. More details might be fun! :)

Estimated due date/ weeks + days:

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom?
-or-
STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? 

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme?

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

Re: Weekly Check in 5/20

• septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited May 2019
    Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 22 weeks + 2 days

STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? I’m looking forward to watching their bond grow. Hoping they get along well and can make many memories together for years to come. 

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team pink! Floral nursery theme 🌸 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : Baby weighs as much as a can of soup today. 

Upcoming Appointments: next one in 3 weeks.. I think my glucose test is that week too. Yuck 

How are you feeling?: I feel good but my stomach feels really pregnant today like it’s stretching sooo much and I’m only half way there😭😂 

Rants/Raves: I want to start our nursery but we haven’t moved to our new house yet. So that’s frustrating. I’m getting anxious haha 

Questions: none at the moment 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Hmm either coffee (even if it’s decaf) or a hair tie.. I always have to throw my hair up at some point in the day.  
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: Sept 24th / 22 weeks today

What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? DS is so loving, he has always loved to look at babies. When we get new clothes for the baby he says “awe look how little mommy! They’re so cute” So I’m looking forward to seeing him love on her and watching their bond grow. 

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Pink! Vintage farmhouse just call me Joanna Gaines

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : weighs as much as a football

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for a follow up AS. Hopefully she cooperates this time!

How are you feeling?: Tired and hot but overall good.

Rants/Raves: Rave - my fence has been the best decision EVER! I’m loving it so much. Rant - last night a batt got in the basement and while attempting to get it out DH let the cat out. Now he says he can’t find the cat or the batt. So our cat is definitely outside and the batt is potentially still in the basement. She has never been outside before, isn’t fixed yet, and we live next to woods with all kinds of animals. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Hmmm probably just chill time. I need time to relax and wind down alone at the end of the day!
  • Loading the player...
  • @septoctkids Thanks! I love the extra color this week! I'm very anxious about getting my nursery started too. I know there's still plenty of time but who wants to put their baby's room together in august when you're the size of a whale? That's what I keep telling my mom anyway.... Must be nesting?

@duewithpu2 Oh no!! How scary about kitty. Maybe leave a can of tuna on the porch, something smelly and delicious? I really hope you find her!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 22 weeks / due Sept 24

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom? Ummm everything! Seeing him for the first time. Discovering his personality. Celebrating holidays with him. Reading to him. Raising a little gentleman. Ugh, guys, I am just so excited. 

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Great question! I'm thinking animals for sure but am not subscribing to "woodland" or "safari" or "zoo". I think I'm going sans a "theme" and will just put it whatever I think is cute. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : He's a coconut this week and already weighs a pound! dawww

Upcoming Appointments: Next week! I think my doc is going to rail me on my weight gain. I'm up about 14 lbs this week, will probably be closer to 15/16 when I see her next week. Even if she does mention something though, I don't know what I could do differently. My "cheat snacks" are things like sherbert and angel food cake. I'm already exercising often (and am struggling with lightheadedness). In terms of everyday diet, not much has changed from pre-pregnancy except a few extra (mostly healthy) snacks here and there. 

How are you feeling?: Honestly, great. I'm basking in this glory for now. I know the tide will turn soon.

Rants/Raves: Small rant... Women have started telling me their labor stories. And asking questions like "Do your boobs hurt?" What? Why? whywhywhy? 

Questions: 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Sun glasses. I have such sensitive eyes. 
  • calliahcalliah member
    Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/20, 22w4d

STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? Someone to entertain the other. Lol. Also looking forward to watching my son with his little brother. He’s gotten lovey with my bump lately so I’m excited. 

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Blue- will probably reuse DS’s nursery and theme, space/rockets. Poor second child. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : the size of a hedgehog/coconut/reusable water bottle. 

Upcoming Appointments: next Thursday, 24 week appointment 

How are you feeling?: Little dude freaked me out yesterday, I hardly felt any movement. I’m hoping it was just a growth spurt and he was sleeping a lot or he flipped back to cephalic and I just could feel him much because of my placenta. I’ve felt him some today but I spent some time trying to figure out how to get a scan when I’m 8 hours from home and not around a hospital that takes my insurance. I think everything is fine though. 

Rants/Raves:  My mom and I drove from Michigan to Arkansas to visit my brother/SIL and their new 6 week old. He was so cute and I’m so ready for September now!

Questions: 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? sadly, my phone. I would be lost without it. Also, Diet Pepsi. Addicted. Don’t want the headache from skipping. 
  • cmdesignercmdesigner member
    edited May 2019
    @septoctkids I am wondering if we're at a weird stretchy phase because my abs have been killing me, too. I was massaging my belly like a weirdo last night.

@duewithpu2 no, kitty! I had to get a trap for our cat once. She got out and would NOT come back inside. Poor thing.

@nomangos23 try not to stress about the weight too much. I know that's easier said than done...but if you started at a moderately healthy weight you should be fine. Everyone carries their pregnancy differently. 

@calliah I wouldn't worry too much if you feel him moving today! I had a day like that last week and I think she had just been SO active they day before that she was tuckered out. 

---

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/22 / 22 weeks, 2 days

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom? Unlimited baby snuggles. Watching MY become a father!

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Pink :) To the Moon and Back!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : guinea pig!

Upcoming Appointments: I see my midwife for a check up on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Lots of pelvic discomfort. It is always worse when I am at work. I even have a chair cushion for it but it still hurts. I reached out to a local chiropractor that does a lot of pregnancy adjustments. I am hoping they will work with my insurance.

Rants/Raves: Rant - I got into a really weird argument with MH this morning. He just pissed me off so much this morning when he indignantly looked at me while I was getting ready and said “can you please make sure you close the blind all the way before you go to bed. I was up at 5am because the sun was in my eyes.” I deadass looked and him and was like “and how, exactly, is this my fault? can you not close blinds? are you arms broken? do you not walk by the window on your way to get into bed?” He came to bed after me. I fail to understand how this was my responsibility? We had to windows open because it was so hot in our house last night. 

Questions: Nah

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Tbh, coffee. My whole morning is off if I don't have it.
  • calliahcalliah member
    @septoctkids There is nothing worse than wanted to do something/being ready and not being able to for some reason! When do you move?

@duewithpu2 Oh no! I hope you can find your cat and the bat. I’m excited to see my son with the baby too. He talks about the babies at daycare frequently and I can’t wait to see him with his brother. 

@nomangos23 People seriously have no filter around pregnant women. I don’t get it. It’s like they think everyone has the same experience. 
    And I hate the pressure people put on pregnant women with weight gain. Your body will gain or not gain what it needs. I wouldn’t worry about it, as long as baby is healthy. I know GD is a concern but I feel like maybe they should test for it earlier than 2/3 the way though pregnancy if it’s really that much of a concern?
  • @septoctkids I'm right there with you on the stomach feeling stretched and tight! When are you going to be moving?
    @duewithpu2 Joanna Gaines is life. Have you seen the rugs she did for Anthropologie? Drool!!
    @nomangos23 he will be the most gentlemanly of gentlemen!! I'm with you on no theme. I just want it to look cohesive (through furniture and color).
    @calliah hope he's okay in there (I'm sure he is :) ). Space theme for the nursery sounds awesome, even if it is reused. I would love to do something with space for our nursery, but DH thinks it's too boyish.
    @cmdesigner I see a chiro who also specializes in prenatal adjustments, and she is a lifesaver. As far as insurance goes, I have a PPO plan and it covers a certain amount of chiropractic visits per year.

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/21 22+3

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom? Reading to her. Also everything.

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? No theme, just a color palette. White, gold, probably dark grey or black, and teal or dark green. We'll see. We are planning to move next spring/summer so I don't want to go too crazy, but it's hard not to!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : probably a coconut or some other thing that comes in like a million sizes lol.

Upcoming Appointments: June 10th for glucose

How are you feeling?: I feel huge, but I haven't gained a lot (unless you count the weight I gained back after throwing up for so long). Heartburn is annoying but under control for the most part. My mental/emotional state is a bit all over the place lately but there's a lot going on.

Rants/Raves: my parents haven't seen Hamilton yet but they just bought tickets for themselves, DH, and me. Can't wait to see it again!!

Questions: not really

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? My phone, or is that considered a necessity these days? Besides my phone, lip balm.

• @themadcamel I've always wanted to see Hamilton! So lucky to be seeing it again!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/28  21+3

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom? Seeing MH as a dad!!

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team pink! Still working on it. But we did figure out our crib, dresser and glider

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of :  her palm is the size of a dime

Upcoming Appointments: 5/29 for monthly appointment and 6/7 for follow up US

How are you feeling?: Little tired

Rants/Raves: Rant: I still can't exercise because of the marginal previa. I don't know what to do with myself. I feel so lazy. Rave: we are currently redoing our kitchen and our countertops were just put in yesterday. It looks so good! Can't wait until it's all done. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I guess my phone since I'm always on it. 
  • calliahcalliah member
    @cmdesigner I’ve been thinking of seeing a chiropractor to for sciatica/hip pain. There’s only one near me that treats pregnant women unfortunately. From what I’ve heard I don’t think it costs too much? Hopefully. 

@themadcamel I think it’s so unfortunate that space is seen more as a boy thing. I hate that girls are discouraged from science and the like, though I believe it’s changing some, hopefully. I’ve always been drawn to the sciences more than others more “girly” subjects. Most of the stuff we have is primary colors so I feel like that could go either way! I also used my mom’s CriCut to make a lot of the art, so it was nice to choose the colors. 

And thnks guys, I’m sure baby is fine, I’m just so used to a ton of movement, mainly because he’s always squished when I’m sitting scanning patients and I haven’t done a ton of sitting this weekend. I hate this stupid anxiety, which I’m sure stems from my job. I didn’t feel like this with my first. Especially at 22 weeks when they are still small and it’s normal for movement to be sporadic. 
  • @themadcamel I luckily have amazing insurance but if they're in network I won't have to pay anything because I hit my out of pocket max early this year. Out of Network is also fine (coverage is 70% but ONN providers usually work something out where I pay around my usual copay of $40). I would just prefer to not have to pay anything ;)

@calliah definitely see someone! I used to go regularly for adjustments and it's worth it. I just fell off the routine and haven't gotten back in to it.

• @septoctkids yay team floral nursery! I'm so excited to start buying decor. I hope it turns out as beautiful as it is in my head lol.

@duewithpu2 FX for a cooperative LO in the follow up appt! I also hope you find your cat and she doesn't get KU! Poor kitty. 

@nomangos23 I am SO excited for you! Having a son is such an amazing adventure. They are so sweet and loving. I also did a theme mixture for DS' nursery. I went with safari animal bedding, but then bought adorable animal prints from an artist I love that were more cartoony and it was just so cute. I'm sure whatever you decorate with will be amazing!

@calliah I love the space/rockets theme! That's what DS' big boy room is now and I adore it. So much fun stuff you can buy! I found these amazing prints on Amazon for like $15 and they are perfect.

@cmdesigner that sounds like something my H would say! Glad you clapped back. Why do they act so helpless sometimes and then so self righteous others? It's maddening. 

@themadcamel reading to DS has been one of my favorite things about being a parent! He used to just sit and listen and now he's even starting to "read along" which just warms my heart. I can't wait for you to experience that feeling!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 23+6

STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? Definitely seeing how DS interacts with his little sister. He is already so sweet that I think he will be very loving and protective. I can't wait to see him hold her. 

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Pink! Going with a vintage floral theme. Watercolor prints, light pinks, purples, gray and a bit of gold. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : A grapefruit or a barbie. 

Upcoming Appointments: Today! Just a couple more hours. 

How are you feeling?: Good and then bad and then good and then bad. I'd love some consistency!

Rants/Raves: Oooooh, just the 3+ inches of snow I woke up to this morning! WTF!? 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Definitely coffee or tea. I have to have one of those every day. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @septoctkids Thanks for starting the thread- love the new questions!
    @duewithpu2 I hope you find the cat, and the bat!
    @nomangos23 "Raising a little gentleman" - awwww

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/9; 24+2

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom: Maternity leave! In seriousness, I can't wait to see what this little boy's personality is going to be like.

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team blue! No theme, just classic/elegant. Gray walls, one with gray and white stripes, and white furniture.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : Cantaloupe 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/11 for the super fun glucose test

How are you feeling?: The other night I got in bed and started crying. DH asked what was wrong and I seriously had no idea. I'm far from an emotional person so it was extra strange! Pregnancy is weird.

Rants/Raves: Rant: There's so much going on at work this week, and I'm over it. At least it's a short week! Rave: Going with a friend to her mom's lake house for the long weekend/ my birthday. Can't wait to unwind.

Questions: No

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Reading, even though it's usually just a chapter or two right before bed.
  • @pj_soccer hooray for you kitchen reno! What kind/color countertops did you get?
    @calliah ooh i'm so jealous that you have access to a CriCut! Agreed that it's silly that space/science is typically seen as a "boy" thing.
    @zuuls_mom I have so many fond memories of reading with my parents and I want DD to experience the same joy. I'm going to be so sad if she's not a reader lol. What kinds of books do you read to YS? Like, did you still read higher level picture books to him? I'm not crazy about all of those baby board books. So boring!
    @cammie0526 short week and a birthday getaway sound awesome. Have so much fun!
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: edd 9.13, 23w4d

STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child?  Seeing my middle child become a big sister. I'm HOPING it gives her a kick in the pants to stop acting like a baby (she's 4), haha. This will be a rough transition.

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Uhhh, third child, so she's lucky she has a crib and not just a mattress on the floor?  :D  In all seriousness, we thought we were finished after two, so got rid of all the baby stuff. We bought a new crib, and it will go in the corner of the existing playroom. No theme, but she does have cute llama sheets. Sorry, baby.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : chinchilla

Upcoming Appointments: 24 wk appointment on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Tired, hungry, want to go to bed. I feel useless as a parent after about 6 pm each night.

Rants/Raves: it is FINALLY spring here in north dakota!

Questions: none

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? a hot bath every night (not too hot because my hot water heater sucks and I never have enough hot water to fill up the 7-foot soaker tub, lol)
  • @themadcamel we got granite countertops. We have already painted and got new door for the cabinets. See the spoiler for pictures!

Don't mind the yellow. That's the leftover glue from the old backsplash. Cabinets are all going to be white with medium hardwood floors. 

• @duewithpu2 your poor cat.  I hope she comes back.  I have an indoor cat who always tries to escape once spring comes.  I don't know what I'd do if she didn't come back. 
    @nomangos23 I hear you on the weight gain.  I'm about 15 pounds heavier than what I estimated my pre-pregnancy to be.  I still eat healthy and have been exercising consistently since the end of the first trimester.  The online calculators say I'm on track but I'm nervous for the third trimester.
    @pj_soccer Yay for the kitchen reno.  We want to redo one of the bathrooms and need to get on it soon.
    @zuuls_mom Boo to snow!  I can't say we've had a particularly nice spring but the snow is behind us at least.

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/22, 22+2

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom? Baby snuggles.  Seeing my husband become a father.

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team blue.  We're going to do an animal theme.  We already bought a little lion rocker and a bunny lamp.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : Corn on the cob.

Upcoming Appointments: June 3 for glucose test and 24 week appt.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good.

Rants/Raves: My indoor cat wants to go out now.  She's woken us up the past few nights with very loud meowing.  And then wants lay on us and purr.  So my sleep has been a little disjointed lately.

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Coffee for sure.

• @duewithpu2 oh no, I hope you find kitty very soon! And that the bat actually did go outdoors again, even though YH didn't see it.
    Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/6, 24w4d
    STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? Seeing how their personalities develop/differ/are similar! Seeing DS's personality develop was (and still is) just the best. And of course seeing them interact - DS is really sweet (you know, mostly), but I just have no idea how he's going to react to having a sister.
    Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team pink.  No theme; not sure what color the crib etc will be.
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : cantaloupe
    Upcoming Appointments: 5/28 for routine OB appt
    How are you feeling?: Bigger, tired, achy pelvic floor and still randomly get hit with momentary nausea. Have had some seasonal allergies in the mix as well lately. But basically feeling OK!
    Rants/Raves: Really enjoyed the weekend, but it was way too short. And I'm still struggling to get things done that need to be done, and have definitely fallen behind in a few areas.
    GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? sunglasses - haven't been outside without sunglasses in about a decade; really I should probably say sunscreen since I burn super easy, but usually I'm lazy about it and just grab a hat and long sleeves.
  • @themadcamel we started with just the board books and still read a lot of those most nights. He is very particular with what he wants to read and often wants the same books night after night which gets a little grating, but I am hopeful when he gets older we can branch out! He just loves to read in general, so I am happy! Right now, we're in a pretty heavy rotation of Mr. Moon, Goodnight Moon, Little Blue Truck, Grumpy Monkey, Spider Man and Nancy Tillman books.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• diner04diner04 member
    Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/7, 24w3d

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom? Lots of things but I love when newborns just sleep and cuddle on my chest! Looking forward to those early bonding moments with my baby girl

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team pink. No theme really, keeping things pretty neutral. I would say our house overall is more modern farmhouse so sticking with that.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : baby weighs as much as a basketball

Upcoming Appointments: had one yesterday. They gave me a little stuffed animal and recorded my baby's heartbeat to put in it (like how you can record something at build-a-bear), isn't that the coolest?! I love the clinic I go to :)

How are you feeling?: my lower back is bothering me today, feels like it needs to pop or crack but won't. Other than that typically good

Rants/Raves: looking forward to this weekend. My family always gets together at our cabin for memorial day weekend and is one on my favorite weekends of the year!

Questions: 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Probably my phone 
  • septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited May 2019
    @duewithpu2 you’ll have to share pics of your nursery! I’m obsessed with Johanna gains! Haha can’t wait to see it. I hope there’s some shiplap going on! 

@calliah good point about someone to entertain them too. My son has so much fun with his cousins but when he’s alone I have to play with him all the time. Will be nice to see him playing with his sibling! We haven’t found our new house yet. We are moving in with my parents until then. We’ve been house hunting like crazy! Hopefully we will be settled sometime in July in our new house.

@cmdesigner maybe that’s it! Maybe a big growth spurt. 

@zuuls_mom sounds like our nurseries will be similar! I can’t wait to start buying stuff too. I’ve been eye some cute watercolor floral things too by sweet jojo designs! 

@pj_soccer the kitchen is coming along awesome! So exciting 

@diner04 when I was in labor with DS my sister in law recorded the baby’s heartbeat and then went to build a bear and made us a bear with it in it. She gifted it to us when she met my son. Such a special keepsake!
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 23 + 5

STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? DS (almost 5) has such a distinct personality and I’m so curious if baby girl will be similar to him or totally different. I also feel like I was too anxious to fully enjoy DS as a baby, and I’m hoping to be more relaxed this time. 

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team pink, no theme. I haven't started buying anything or planning the nursery yet, but am hoping to start this weekend. DH, DS, and I are taking a little drive across the border to shop at Target. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : Barbie 

Upcoming Appointments: routine appointment on June 3. 

How are you feeling?: large but good. Still running 5K twice a week, but getting slower every run! 

Raves: It finally feels like spring in Manitoba after 7 months of winter, and we're getting closer to deciding on a name for this girl!

Questions: nope

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? My phone, honestly, although I'm trying to work on that. Also, earl grey tea.
  • @pj_soccer looks great!
    @zuuls_mom that sounds so fun. It's awesome that he loves to read.
  • kdl89kdl89 member

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 24weeks 5 days

STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? I can’t wait to see the bond between my girls. My sister and I are really close, and I am hoping these two girls will be too.

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Second baby girl gets first daughters’ nursery so grey walls with pink/bird décor.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : of a GI joe Doll

Upcoming Appointments: May 29th just a check up

How are you feeling?: I have been feeling good … just so tired however I am sure all this rain we have been getting doesn’t help with that.

Rants/Raves: Our Daughter has another ear infection which made for a grumpy 18 month old for the long weekend….She has a referral to the Children’s Hospital I just want them to call with a date for her to get tubes in her ears.

Also my Husband was talking about Cake last night and now all I want is cake. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? My SUV we live about 30 mins away from stores so I couldn’t function if I didn’t have a reliable vehicle.  

• @kdl89 I randomly wanted cake so badly the other night too! This mug cake recipe (link in spoiler) didn't disappoint.

• kdl89kdl89 member
    @cammie0526 thanks I might have to save this for the next time a cake craving hits.
  • @septoctkids I hope you guys can get everything all settled with the house situation. It must be so hard to want to nest and not have her room ready for you!

@duewithpu2 Your bat & cat situation sounds interesting. Has the kitty come home yet? 

@nomangos23 FYI, the first time we saw DS he legit looked like an old man (grey & wrinkly)!! But he pink’d up real quick. I know everyone was discussing it in the other thread, but your weight gain isn’t bad at all!! If they try to rail you, fight back and tell them you’re not a slug eating donuts all day on the couch!!

@calliah Aww, how cute you and your mom road tripped it to visit your nephew! How are they adjusting to parenthood (Is it their first?)

@cmdesigner I’m sorry I lol’d at your story about YH. Men are such babies!! I frequently say that I have two kids (and soon I’ll have to say three!!). My MIL just laughs because she knows it’s true.

@themadcamel I started reading Harry Potter to DS because I was getting sick of his baby books when he was like 6 weeks old. There are quite a number of “good” ones out there that are really fun to read though. I love the Little Blue Truck ones and we have a lot of books by Sandra Boynton (Dinosaur Dance and Barnyard Dance). Right now DS can’t get enough of his Christmas books. Which seems a bit weird in May...also he loves his gigantic (like 200 pages) Disney storybook, but he can’t sit still long enough for the individual stories yet so we just end up flipping through the pages and I tell him about each story. 

@pj_soccer Countertops look awesome!! I hate home reno but love the final product. It is so annoying and tough while you’re going through it!!

@zuuls_mom huh. Snow? In late May? Seems a bit weird!! How did the appt go? Did you ever start feeling really great when you were PG with DS? (Also, do you ever “hide” books from YS? I do if I’ve read it 39474792 times. Sometimes he notices, but sometimes he doesn’t!!)

@cammie0526 Happy early birthday at the Lake house!! I hope you have the best time!! Are you turning 29 again? 😉

@jaykay2004 At least she has the cute llama sheets!! 

@sparkles5275 What does the lion rocker look like? Is it for DS? I bet it is so cute!!

@diner04 Aww, how cute!! Your clinic sounds awesome! I hope you back starts to feel better soon!!

@house_of_boys_is_getting_a_girl_ I feel you on the anxiety when DS was small. I’m also hoping t really savor in the newborn this time around. It really does go by so damn quickly!!! (Also lol to driving over the border to visit Target...you crazy Canuck! 😜)

@kdl89 My sisters and I are really close also, I’m sure your little girls will be the best of friends!! Also, I can’t speak highly enough about the tubes in DS’s ears. He got them in after like 6 ear infections when he was 15mo. We’ve been ear infection free since then!! (Knock on Wood!)
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9.18 / 23w

STM/ STM+ - What are you looking forward to most with having more than one child? A built in play partner!! And giving DS a sibling. I love my sisters so much I desperately wanted him to have someone to complain with about me and MH!! 🤣

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Pink! Getting closer and closer to having DH be on board with my new Hawaiian theme! I think we picked out her artwork (just need to figure out how to ship it cheaper...we have a plan 😉)

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Something small, but actually kinda big.

Upcoming Appointments: Sometime soon.

How are you feeling?: Great! Sunshine, pool and beach are agreeing with us...except for the fact that I almost passed out yesterday after our day date of ice cream and a walk,

Rants/Raves: Hawaii. ‘Tis wonderful! I don’t want to leave!!

Questions: 

Right now it’s chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Usually it’s tea. I love my cuppa tea!!
  • @lillywonderland Enjoy the rest of your Hawaiian vacation.  We leave for Maui in just about 2 weeks.  
    Here's the lion rocker we got from Pottery Barn:

• @lillywonderland Thank you! I’m still a baby myself, turning 28 (for the first time!) I hope you guys are having the best time in HI!
  • Thank you all for your concern! Unfortunately kitty is still MIA. 

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: Oct 1. 21 wks 3 days 

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom?
    The little things that mean the most. Holding our baby for the first time. watching DH snuggle with him. Watching his every move, every sound, smile, and laughter with amazement. Watching him grow up repeating everything his daddy does. Just life.

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Blue. Nautical theme. Lots of anchors and fishies!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : grapefruit

Upcoming Appointments: may 31..just a normal check up. When do they typically do glucose?

How are you feeling?: well DH got me sick but I'm getting better. We are also going on our babymoon Saturday so I'm feeling pretty happy and beautiful. :) especially since I packed all dresses. Yay no pants!

Rants/Raves: seriously can't wait to go to Anna Maria island. Clear water, white sand, island time, 87 and sunny, just me and DH, I'm in lala land already! However I also agreed to go on a 4 hr fishing charter....and just found out theres no bathroom. Houston we have a problem....
    Regardless feeling pretty happy and in love.

Questions: 
    1. How the hell does 1 pick a crib? There aren't many set up in stores so how do i know it's sturdy and the paint won't chip if the baby chews on it? And why don't they all have matching dressers or changing tables that are available in my area? 
    2. DH read something about red tides in fl making the water and local seafood dangerous for pregnant women. Any insight?
    3. Maybe 1 day I'll understand but will moms ever realize their children are grown? I mean your baby is having a baby and you're still acting like I don't understand the concept of dealing with consequences of my own decisions. I think I've made it pretty well in life...

Hrmmmm...snuggles from my love.
  • @nightdreamr13 They will most likely give you the drink to take home at your upcoming appointment and then schedule the glucose test for your next apt! I went last week at 21 weeks and they gave me mine and told me to schedule it 6 weeks out. 
  • @nightdreamr13 I'm doing mine at my next appointment.  I'll be 24 weeks.  I'll drink it when I get there, have my routine appointment, and then have the blood draw.  My doc said they do it anywhere between 24-28 weeks.
  • @nightdreamr13 honestly, I just went heavily off of online reviews and picked a crib. Crapshoot, I guess. 
  • @nightdreamr13 Same approach as @cmdesigner. I narrowed the search to white cribs in our price range and sorted by avg. rating, then picked the one that I thought was the prettiest. I went with Target because they have a big selection, 5% off with the red card, and a good return policy if we didn't end up liking it in person (though thankfully we do).
  • @themadcamel I read basically grown up books to DS until he was about 5 months. Around then it started to seem like he was listening, so I started sitting him down with board books. I was worried about the board book situation, but DS is not always gentle with his books (he gets excited turning the pages and riiiip!) and I like to let him hold them when we read so we are exclusively board books over here. Some I like a lot better than others, but he doesn't always agree with me. I will say I made the mistake of hamming it up with a few of the ones I didn't like much to make them more interesting to read and he thought it was so hysterical he will specifically head for a couple of those books, lol. It does get repetitive, I just tell myself with luck it will pay off in a love of reading later.
    @septoctkids hope you find a place you love soon!
    @lillywonderland glad you are enjoying Hawaii! Almost passing out sounds no fun, though.
    @sparkles5275 I love that lion rocker!
    @nightdreamr13 no bathroom!?! I'd imagine they have to have a contingency plan (let's hope so!). Last appointment I was told the glucose test would happen around 26 weeks and that at my appointment next week they'll tell me when I should go in. (My provider doesn't schedule for 1 hours, though, you just stop by the lab and do it sometime during the window they give you. Sounds like there's a lot of variation with how places handle it.)
  • @ternsetc love that you hammed it up for the books you don't like as much. Sounds like something I'd do (and then regret later ;) ). It's all for the greater good though!
    @nightdreamr13 I picked a crib solely based on looks. I don't feel too guilty considering they all need to meet certain safety regulations and requirements.
    @lillywonderland I have so many things to say to you: 1) chocolate covered macadamia nuts are SO GOOD!!, 2) almost passed out?? Hope you're feeling better now, 3) can't wait to see how the new Hawaiian theme plays out, and 4) thanks for the book recommendations. I like the idea of just looking at the pictures and talking about them.

• kaceyallankaceyallan member
    edited May 2019
    We had such a busy weekend, and Monday was our holiday in Canada so I am just getting caught up now. I am not replying to much today, but I read everything and love getting caught up with what is going on in your lives!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 
    Sept. 15 / 23 weeks + 4 days

FTM- what are you looking forward to most being a first time mom? ALL OF THE BABY SNUGGLES! Seriously feel like I am ready NOW. This pregnancy thing takes sooo long. Also, really looking forward to reading to baby and my DH playing guitar for baby.

Team pink/blue/green- What is your nursery theme? Team green, so we are going with gender neutral colours and a music theme. Records, guitars, amps, the whole shebang! Can't wait to get it all together so I can share it with you all.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of : Baby is the size of a bottle of Honest tea..? I'm assuming that's a brand. Meh.

Upcoming Appointments: June 5th, and the glucose test shortly after that.

How are you feeling?: Good overall. Just exhaustion and low low energy. Seems to be my new normal.

Rants/Raves: @duewithpu2 We completed our fence too! I am in love with it and how it has transformed our yard! Pictures in spoiler. Another rave is that I have made the decision to go down to 6 hour work days for the remainder of the summer. I think this will help my sanity/mental state so much.

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? A bit of me time. I'm an introvert and need time away from people to decompress.

Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Woo! Your fence is gorgeous! Yay for 6 hour work days too. I’m majorly jealous!
  • calliahcalliah member
    @kdl89 I’m too lazy to whip up a batter, so I love the mug cakes they started selling in stores last year some time (or that’s when I noticed them at least) there’s a rainbow chip one! Great when you just need a little cake. 

@lillywonderland It’s their second. They seem to be having a hard time, I felt bad, she seemed stressed. I guess he’s really fussy and they had a unicorn for their first. I tried to help as much as she’d let me, I wish they lived closer. 
    Lol at “sometime soon” for your appointment. My office sends an email a week before. I’m glad they also call two days before because the email a week in advance does not help me remember!

@nightdreamr13 have fun on your babymoon!
    I think I got the drink at my 24 week appointment last time and was told to do it between 26 weeks and my next appointment. I’m at a new practice now and not sure how they do it. My 24 week appointment is next Thursday 

@Kaceyallen wow, your fence looks great!

update on baby boy’s movements, he has been kicking up a storm today. I scanned him when I got to work today just for piece of mind and I was right, he turned head down.  So I’m assuming that plus a growth spurt/extra sleep had me not feeling Him as much.