Questions:

GTKY: What was your first job ever?

Re: All Group Check In 5.20

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 23rd/13+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Lipstick maybe? I have no clue

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Surprise

Upcoming Appointments: Counting down til next Tuesday!! Feel like this 4 week period has been dragging by this time.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): started having heartburn last night. It haunted me last pregnancy. Also, i had major constipation last pregnancy but this pregnancy has been marked by the exact opposite. Which has not been fun. But my energy is coming back. And I just had my first intake of caffeine last night and lovvveeeeed it.

Rants/Raves: Im actually starting to keep better track of my eating and monitor my blood sugars a bit. Will do the GTT I think either the appointment next week or within the next few weeks. I just need to start wrapping my head around having to eat mindfully and purposefully since I have a high likelihood of repear gestational diabetes.

Questions: What are some of everyones favorite ways to entertain their toddlers every day? Im feeling in a rut and could use some good ideas but pintrest and I are not on speaking terms right now.

GTKY: What was your first job ever? I shelved books in our local library. I was also a magicians assistant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 14w4d due 11/14

Baby is the size of a(n): Beet

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out in 10 days!!!!

Upcoming Appointments: May 30 for gender US

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Went from nausea every night to nausea every few nights so I'm hoping that means it's almost outta here! But it's been replaced with all day exhaustion. I'm seriously tired from the moment I wake up until I crash on the couch around 8:30. Hips and back have also started hurting.

Rants/Raves:  Since it's my 3rd pregnancy, I'm feeling everything so much earlier. Felt a few flutters this week (rave) but also all the hip and back pain (rant).

Questions: none

GTKY: What was your first job ever? Limited Too :) 

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/23 13+3

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍋

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out at not yet scheduled AS

Upcoming Appointments: Mid June, for I think just an ordinary check-in

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Overall I can't complain. Some aches and pains, waking up so much at night but less sleepy and not sick so hopefully just gets better from here. Craving veggies mostly and salty vinegary foods. Eating lots of soup, cherry tomatoes 😍 and last week I drank a bottle of Clamato juice throughout the week which is Soo bad but it was Soo good.

Rants/Raves: RANT: I don't feel big enough to need maternity clothes but also don't feel comfortable in my non Prego warmer weather clothes so I'll probably start wearing maternity stuff this week. RAVE: My son is on an ABC countdown from school and today is letter C so that means >26 days of school yayyy

Questions: nothin

GTKY: What was your first job ever? Pet store 
  • Options
    @gumby22c congrats on team pink!!!

@purplefan1 I too need ideas to entertain my toddler.. I've tried a few activities with him but he never seems to stay engaged for that long. I'm a little worried for when I'm on leave and I have to drop him to 3 day daycare instead of 5. 

@ABabyMarshall I Have the same rant about some of my maternity stuff, but I just deal since its so much more comfortable haha. Probably technically I could squeeze into some of my normal stuff but why?

@Rawa1416 hope your nausea is on its way out for good! I just felt baby a couple days ago and it was awesome :)

EDD/Weeks + Days: 16+1, 11/3

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado per the bump

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: just left my regular 16w appointment, just a doppler + spina bifida blood work

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): ice cream! I bought some little sundae cups and I'm totally going to eat one tonight after DS goes to bed. Sorry not sharing!! I'm still exhausted all the time, very emotional, and I have a very short fuse. 

Rants/Raves: I guess my rave is that I've been sporadically feeling baby. She was wiggling all around during today's doppler check. I scheduled my anatomy scan, but I unfortunately had to take an appointment with the MFM I hate to fit into DH's schedule. 

Questions: not right now.

GTKY: What was your first job ever? Shelving at the public library, and I was probably a camp counselor either the summer before that or at the same time. 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease woohoo library pages unite!! 

I just feel like I am boring with my toddler. This morning I had an audio book going which allowed me to engage with her but not reach for my phone nonstop.

@ABabyMarshall I went out and bought maternity shorts and a pair of pants this past week. I had just donated all of my larger clothes and put my old maternity in storage literally a week or two before finding out about this one. I had lost 30lbs so nothing was fitting but now I miss those old pants because they were high waisted and saw me through my entire last pregnancy. I only bought one pair of maternity jeans and shorts last time around because the belly band and hair tie tricks made my pants last the whole pregnancy. Im rocking the maternity this time because it is the last time I plan to be pregnant so might as well enjoy the comfort!
  • Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    edited May 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 14+4 11/14

Baby is the size of a(n): I’ve seen apple and orange and peach! Lots of fruit 

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: it’s a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: had a midwife check in and Doppler last week and anatomy scan scheduled for 6/13

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 
    Feeling dumb because I assumed I would wake up feeling amazing now that I’m past the 14 week mark. Was wrong and still fighting with food. 

Rants/Raves: husband asked why we need childcare since I work at home. He did apologize but his general ignorance shocked me. 

Questions: midwife asked me if I wanted to schedule a spina bifida test but I thought they can see that during anatomy us so it confused me and I said there was no need.  Can anyone clarify? 

GTKY: What was your first job ever? In high school, I worked at a banquet hall bussing tables a couple times. I also worked at a cosi restaurant serving. I didn’t make any money (waiter pay plus tips) and it was way out in the suburbs at the mall so I always needed a ride 😂 what a disaster. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/10, 15+1

Baby is the size of a(n): eggo waffle?

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Today for a routine check in

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): hungry all the time. Thankfully I'm I'm starting to crave healthier stuff again, plus slushies haha. A little headachey, but really pretty good. Almost to the point of paranoia, which probably makes no sense at this point.

Rants/Raves: weather is finally nice here! Plus work knows now, so it's much easier.

Questions: Anterior placenta...anyone else have/had this? Is there anything to expect? Like when should I expect to be able to feel movement?

GTKY: What was your first job ever? Waitress at a mom and pop restaurant.
  • Options
    @ABabyMarshall - the ABC countdown is so cute!!! We are right around there too, thank god the school runs a summer camp that starts the following week.

@Rawa1416 - Feeling all the same things.  Some flutters but also insane back pain which I distinctly recall not having until 20 weeks.

@purplefan1 - I follow dayswithgrey for AMAZING toddler activities.  I also have been switching between duplos and cars lately to get the girls interested.  I made a cardboard ramp for our matchbox cars and that was the hit of yesterday until my 20 month old sat on it. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 8th / 15w + 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third Time

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Blueeeee

Upcoming Appointments: 5/31 for a quick check - It is always so long between visits.  I almost miss the chaos of multiple appointments of the first trimester.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Craving food all the time but I can only eat a little bit...but I am hungry again in an hour.    Symptoms  -  heartburn, aches and pains and fatigue 

Rants/Raves: Annoyance more than rant.  I was cleaning my guest room out because we are having my in-laws come the weekend and I found a wasp UGHHHH dealing with a wasp nest in the home is so not something I have time for right now.  So now I have to figure out where I am putting the in-laws as I have barricaded the guest room until pest control comes.

Questions:  Any advice for lake/beach bags to pack aside from towels, change of clothes and snacks?  We moved to the coast last year and I didnt go last year because #2 was under 1 and I wasn't up for that challenge but this year with almost 2 and 4 I think it will be fun but I am daunted by what to pack. 

GTKY: What was your first job ever?  I helped my mom do quickbooks for cash which is probably how I ended up as an accountant.  First outside of that was my campus bookstore.
  • Options
    perfectoopsperfectoops member
    edited May 2019
    Questions: Anterior placenta...anyone else have/had this? Is there anything to expect? Like when should I expect to be able to feel movement?

@dani_0921 I experienced that last pregnancy and definitely took longer to feel kicks or movement. I didn't start to feel kicks/movement until 23 weeks. 
  • Options
    @dani_0921 I had an anterior placenta with my 1st so I dont have anything to compare it to. I think I remember feeling movement around 18-20 weeks but I will say movement felt muffled the entire time. I rarely got good kicks or jabs or anything and even towards the end of pregnancy I felt like I experienced the most movement when I was sitting or laying still. Im really crossing my fingers that this isnt an anterior placenta for me because the movement is the part of pregnancy I have always looked forward to. I felt I got cheated a little with my 1st one. Hope that your experience is different and that being a 2nd time mom you feel all of the good movement and get to skip some of the jabs and pokes!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days:  11/28, 12w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): kit kat 

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out in a week, blood draw was today!

Upcoming Appointments: I had my MFM appointment today which was an ultrasound, bloodwork, and meeting with the genetic counselor.  I called to let them know I had a cold and they still wanted me to come in so I got to wear a nice little mask 😷 I was that person 🤦🏼‍♀️  BUT we got to see our baby and it was amazing.  I confirmed what I’ve been feeling is baby, I could feel and see the movements today, so crazy.  All looked good on the ultrasound and now we’re waiting for bloodwork to come back next week.

*TW* The genetic counselor seemed pretty concerned about my IVF history and abnormal embryos along with multiple losses, so I’m a bit nervous about her reaction, but I’ve made it this far so I’m feeling pretty good about everything otherwise.  End TW.  

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): new symptom this week: throwing up, not fun.  I’ve been pretty nauseas and now I have a cough so that’s not helping.  Hoping this clears soon!  No cravings but I keep adding to my “cannot eat list.”  I seem to be able to eat shrimp whenever and it doesn’t bother me, which is a weird one.  

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: None 

GTKY: What was your first job ever? I worked at Dairy Queen for thee years in high school and it was awesome.  Still my favorite job to date 😂
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I spent an hour coloring with my kids the other day. We build with blocks, play with Playdough (we have all kind of tools and toys that go with the playdough), we paint and do random arts and crafts. Yesterday we played in the water table outside for 2 hours. I will also be hitting up splash pads this summer and the pool. I will take them to the different museums that we have passes too as well. 

@gumby22c I'm sorry you're still getting sick. Hopefully that stops soon.  

@Rawa1416 Yay for flutters! I also had some back pain a few weeks ago that had me laying on the couch because it hurt so bad to stand. Tylenol wasn't helping either. Mine was gone after a few days so hopefully yours won't stay around. 

@ABabyMarshall I am craving some of those things too. I am about to make a salad of veggies and eat it with some vinegar splashed on it. 

@creamcheeseplease I don't ever remember doing bloodwork for spina bifida before. Is that something new that your OB is doing? Maybe I have done it and just don't remember. 🤷‍♀️

@cl4157 I don't think I have ever done a spina bifida test either. I'm thinking it may be something new that they are offering. 

@dani_0921 I have had an anterior placenta with my last several pregnancies. With my third I felt movement around 14 weeks but it was sporadic and I would go for days without feeling it again. Then around 16 or 17 weeks I started feeling it more consistent. With my last pregnancy I felt movement around 13 weeks and was feeling regular movement at 14 weeks. Regular, as in, I was feeling her all throughout the day. This pregnancy, I have felt movement but it is still sporadic and nothing consistent yet. For reference, this is my 6th pregnancy. 

@Dancer688 Yikes, I have never had a wasp nest inside. I hope they stay contained. 

@mc0303 enjoy your visit with your sister. 

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 14 weeks today/November 18th

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6thTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: I have an US on the 29th and a regular visit following that. I scheduled my AS for June 14th. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I haven't had many cravings but I could care less about sweets. I have felt pretty bad the last week. Mostly exhausted and just feeling kinda off for most of the evening. 

Rants/Raves: we spent the day at the zoo with friends. I plan to schedule lots of playdates with all of our friends before we move. We are going to miss them a ton. 

Questions:

GTKY: What was your first job ever? I was a cashier at a kmart. 
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    @dani_0921 I had one with my last pregnancy. I didn’t start feeling kicks until 27-28 weeks, but I could feel some flutters/rolls.  Some people don’t have that problem though. You may have to be more deliberate with kick counts, like drink some OJ and lay down in a quiet room and really focus on it. I found that movements were very easy to miss if I wasn’t trying to pay attention to them. 

@Dancer688 I am so not a MLM person but I have to admit I love my 31 Utility tote for beach/river/pool trips. It’s non absorbent and easy to clean and big. You can find them super cheap on Facebook Marketplace sometimes. 

DD/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks today 

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Finding out soon!

Upcoming Appointments: I have some bloodwork to do this week, my 16 week apt is next Thursday 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Having a really hard time sleeping. I can feel my uterus has popped out of my pelvis and I think that may be why. 

Rants/Raves: none

Questions: none this week 

i babysat throughout high school, my first “real” job was at my university bookstore. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 15w2d, 11/10

Baby is the size of a(n): Naval Orange 🍊 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: Monthly on 31st

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): A little crampy and can feel my uterus growing. Headaches here and there. Still tired. 

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: Is anyone planning on doing a home birth? I’ve always wanted one and I just can’t shake the idea from my head. I had my 1st and 2nd all natural with no IV or anything at the hospital with no complications. I just felt like it was a pain to go labor in a hospital and get all uncomfortable there when it could be so much better home. 

GTKY: What was your first job ever? I worked at my Aunts Garden Shop. 
  • Options
    @wackygurl316 I think some of the other ladies interested in home births were talking about it the other day in the questions thread. I'm still tired too :(

@emeraldcity1214 you know, I'm not sure if the bloodwork is new. I don't recall having it done last time though. 

@Kurtni I'm having a hard time sleeping too. It's really making me grouchy. I don't want to buy another pregnancy pillow and I threw mine out from last time after my dog had an accident on it.
  • Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    @creamcheeseplease @emeraldcity1214 I know about the actual bloodwork that tests for it but I was just shocked that she made it sound routine when I was quite certain it is not unless you have a prior risk factor or evidence to do the blood test based on the ultrasound (which isn’t for another 3 weeks). Thanks for the confirmation ladies I thought I was going nuts.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: due 11/28, but will have a scheduled repeat C around 38 weeks. I’m 12+4 today

Baby is the size of a(n): tennis ball 🎾 

FTM/STM/TTM+: this is my second, also have stepdaughters (19 & 23)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out, but DH wants to be surprised. I plan to win this argument. 

Upcoming Appointments: blood draw/NIPT Thursday afternoon

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): pretty good for the most part. Tired and always hungry, but any nausea stays away as long as I’m eating (constantly)  

Rants/Raves: rant from me. I’m in that awkward spot currently where my regular pants still fit, but look terrible by the end of the day and my maternity pants don’t stay up. Coupled with the fact that I’m 15 pounds lighter starting out than I was last time, I may have to actually purchase some pants (which wasn’t part of the plan 😑)

Questions:

GTKY: What was your first job ever? I was a nanny in middle school and high school. First “real job” was working at a sporting goods store in the shoe department. I loved it because I got a great discount on all the things I was going to be buying anyway!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11.8 / 15w4d TWINS

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 2 boys

Upcoming Appointments: 5/28, early anatomy scan as Baby B had a lot of fluid at the nuchal. CVS came back negative. Hoping the fluid resolves itself. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): heartburn so early this time around 😩 never feel hungry but feel terrible if I don't eat throughout the day.

Rants/Raves: all rants currently, boo. Heartburn, restless legs, can't sleep. Hoping I get a small window of comfort before third trimester.

Questions: anyone else expecting twins?! I have a 16 month old girl, expecting 2 boys. 💖

GTKY: What was your first job ever? Bussing tables at my family's seafood restaurant.
  • Options
    @MrsStork There was a multiple moms thread that sorta blew up. You can find it on the first page of the board. Although, the OP made my personal Post-it, there was another twin mom on there that seemed interested in connecting. You could tag her and start a twin mom check-in if you would like. We would just appreciate it being in the format of a group check-in and not some random one-off post. 

Welcome to the board, I'm glad you joined in our group check-in. Even though most of us are carrying singletons, we welcome twin moms to participate. 
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I struggled soo much with entertaining my son as I am just not good with imaginary play or playing with figurines. I had to find other ways to connect with him and they are similar to many of the PP: play-doh, puzzles, bubbles, water table, little workbooks, science and art projects, building things, board games. Things like that. Doing something that I enjoyed doing too helped me stay in the moment with him to bond.

@MrsStork Twins are so exciting! I'm expecting a singleton but I am fascinated by the twin connection. 
  • Options
    alaluapalaluap member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov. 10 (15w 2d)

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍊

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: June 4th for checkup, AS is June 25! 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Most nausea has subsided (hooray!) But I'm still exhausted and irritable. I still don't want to eat chocolate, but I will eat all of the spicy food!

Rants/Raves: My SIL gave birth to her twins this morning! I haven't met them yet, but for some reason seeing the pictures makes me so scared to have this baby.. My husband is out of town for work this week, but he's calling twice a day to check in, which he has never done before when he's travelled (I think he's a bit nervous of leaving his pregnant wife at home alone haha).

Questions: 

GTKY: What was your first job ever? I sold swimsuits at a store in the mall! I did it for so long and I still love doing it!
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    14+4/ November 15ish

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    I think I read peach the other day? 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 
    We just found out it's a boy!

Upcoming Appointments: 
    End of the month. Idk what for, I'm really terrible at paying attention when they tell me what's going on. 

Threw up yesterday because I had to clean dog puke out of the truck. Was mad, because I've NEVER had a problem cleaning up messes. This kids doing some weird shit to me lol

Rants/Raves: 
    We're getting all sorts of neat baby stuff for super cheap thanks to an auction company our town has. Brand new Halo bassinet for $80, activity play center for $4... baby on a budget 😂

Questions:
    Massages- yes or no? I've read they're ok in the 2nd trimester but you have to go to someone specializing in prenatal, which we dont have near here (that I've found)... I've also read that it's ok to just go to anyone. 

Technically my very first job was working in the concession stand at the go-kart races in my town. First job where I was on a payroll was waitressing. 
  • Options
    @angieeeeee, get allllll the massages.  That and facials got me through my first pregnancy and I’m counting down the days until I reach second tri to get one this time around.  If the spa offers prenatal massages, you should be fine.  The only difference is that you don’t lay on your belly, they use lots of pillows, and they’re typically lighter pressure than regular Swedish massages.  It can’t hurt to call the spa and ask if they don’t have it listed!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: November 21 13+5

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: I had an appointment today for an ultrasound

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I’m still craving sweets. My energy level is up And i’ve been able to eat a little bit more.

Rants/Raves: I’m very excited I started my new job this week and I love it!!

Questions:N/A

My first job ever was at McDonald’s.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov. 11 /15+2

Baby is the size of a(n):  Spongebob Squarepants😂 or a cinnamon bun 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: undecided 

Upcoming Appointments: OB early June

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): most have reduced. Still getting occasional nausea and breast tenderness.  The "not feeling pregnant" days freak me out dye to PGAL brain.  

Rants/Raves: Rave - got some energy back, 🎉 and getting some flutters! 
    Rant - my fasting numbers are creeping up, looks like GD strikes again this pregnancy.  

Questions: deciding when and how to tell our toddler about the party crasher.  We aren't ready to tell the world yet, so probably waiting until after the anatomy scan. So far we have gotten him some books about being a big brother that he loves.

I babysat before legal working age. First real job was Baskin Robins.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/6 16 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 🥑

FTM/STM/TTM+: clueless first-timer 😄

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: having a little girl

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan 6/11

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I've been a little tired again but mostly because I'm getting over a cold, thank goodness that is mostly behind me!

Rants/Raves: I am so excited to have the day off Monday! But why is it so hot already in Nashville??

Questions: Anyone planning a babymoon or just a fun upcoming vacation? We are doing a week in London and Scotland June 14-22 and I can't wait!

GTKY: What was your first job ever? I was a camp counselor at a summer day camp where I fell in love with working with kids. Before I moved into the business world of healthcare I was a child and adolescent therapist.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    14w 3d 

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    peach

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 
    finding out—hopefully Monday!

Upcoming Appointments: 
    June

pretty good

Rants/Raves: 
    school’s out and I’m on summer break!

Questions:

babysitting
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/7; 16 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife check up on 5/31, Anatomy Scan on 6/7

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  Lots of RLP lately. Oh and my absolute favorite has returned - second tri headaches. Fortunately, tylenol and a coke still seems to work like it did last time. 

Rants/Raves:  Rant: Sorry for being MIA again, but I've been sidelined with yet another cold and a case of conjunctivitis (thanks DD for sharing that with me :/ ).   I'm so over being sick. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What was your first job ever? Walgreens. I worked primarily in the cosmetics section stocking all the product on the makeup wall, but would occasionally help out with ringing customers at the front register. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    @klstone25 I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    natehknatehk member
    EDD: 11/2.  17 wks today

Baby is the size of a pomegranate 

FTM

Team Blue!

Upcoming Appts:   So because I’m high risk (age, ivf, cervical surgery/incompetence) I see my doc every 2 wks.  I went last Tuesday and unfortunately he was worried about some cervical opening.  So I’ve been on modified bed rest since then. Scary and it’s the holiday weekend!  It’s gorgeous and it sucks not to be able to do anything but i know better to be safe.  I go back next Tuesday to assess how it’s going.  I’m praying all will be ok 

How are you feeling?:  the hardest part about the modified bed rest is that I generally feel fine.  Heartburn.  Some small cramps or twinges.  Lots of RLP.  But not much else!  

Rants/Raves:  it’s the first really gorgeous weekend of the year. And a holiday.  I was planning on having friends over for a bbq and had to cancel.  😢.  At least my hubs Ian here.  My parents are visiting and some cousins are stopping by tomorrow. 

Questions:  anyone else on a form of bedrest?  What did you do to stay sane?

GTKY;  I grew up in Michigan.  My 1st job was at Ford Motor Company summer after my freshman year of college.  Mostly I made copies:) 

• Options
    @natehk I was on modified bedrest for a little over a month. I binged Netflix. I watched different movies with the kids. We played stuff on the couch. You could read some good books. Has your dr mentioned a cerclage? 
  • Options
    natehknatehk member
    @emeraldcity1214. I do remember that - glad you're out of it.  I actually have an abdominal cerclage that was put in during my surgery.  That’s what we’re making sure holds!  
  • Options
    @natehk I hope the bedrest does its job and your cerclage holds.