January 2020 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/20

• Watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants over the weekend, and I can't believe I've never seen it! I would have been a teen when it came out, so it was right up my alley.
  • @marebear15 I was a VERY sheltered child and I was so blown away by that movie when I was a teen. Like just absolutely shocked that other teens would behave that way 😂

i made baked potatos last night and actually baked them instead of using the instant pot or microwave and man I can’t believe how much better they are! Even microwaved for lunch today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The ant issue has exploded in my kitchen. I thought I had them under control but found a ton of them in the pantry. I’ve spent the better part of today purging and cleaning it. Hopefully I’ve contained it. I put in a call to our pest control and I’m hoping the come out soon. 
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited May 2019
    @MrsJessS - I think that's why I liked the girl in Greece. She was so much like me, just very shy and sheltered. 
    Oh, and I've never been patient enough for baked potatoes in the oven. How long did you bake them for?
  • @marebear15 they went in at 350 for about an hour. MH was grilling dinner so it was easy to just stick them in and walk away lol. They weren’t super big potatoes. Maybe fist sized? But if you put aluminum foil on a pan then rub olive oil on the potato and sprinkle on some salt. So worth it 
  • @knrown2385 ugh the ants! We had an ant issue a month ago in the pantry. I bought those little kid proof traps and my H sprayed. So far they’ve stayed away but it’s been a bad year for ants for us. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @susykat77 I’m off to lowes to get lots of traps today. I’m hoping this is the end of them! 
  • @kbrown2385 we put liquid ant bait outside the house. That does the trick here and then I didn't have to spray anything inside.
  • @kbrown2385 If you can afford it, hiring a professional is the way to go with ants. We had a problem with them at our previous house and tried everything to rid them. The pest guy came out and tracked them outside and their exact route into the house and was able to eradicate them entirely. If not, Terro gel at Home Depot/Lowes/wherever is definitely the best stuff to set out for them.

@MrsJessS if you have an air fryer, it makes the absolute BEST "baked" potatoes. But for sure, oven is way better than a steamed potato. No wrapping in foil either for the same reason. If you need them to cook faster, you can microwave for a few minutes and then rub EVOO and salt and cook them in a hot oven until they're finished and crispy. I'm clearly potato-obsessed.  
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • @MorganL925 I don’t have an air fryer sadly...but I also never thought to microwave them finish in the oven. That’s genius! I afteee EVOO and salt on the outside is a must 
  • tyrion_tyrion_ member
    @MorganL925 You’re a potato cooking genius! Definitely trying that when I’m pressed for time. 
  • DH took DD and I to get donuts this morning! Also, DD had pajama day at daycare today, so there she was, chilling in her pjs, sprinkles all over her lips, living the best life (she's 1.5 btw).