September 2019 Moms

May Symptoms Thread

Re: May Symptoms Thread

• @zuuls_mom That is so awful. You are such a trooper. 
  • @zuuls_mom omg could you catch a break already? You poor thing! 

Anyone else’s hand/arms/legs/feet falling asleep constantly? I can’t cross my legs anymore and when I get up from my office chair I have to stand there for a few seconds to make sure my feet aren’t asleep. And today they started to tingle while I was on the elliptical and I had to get off. This is nuts! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nomangos23 My arm fell asleep while I was holding my book reading. So weird!
  • @nomangos23 it hasn't happened to me yet this time, but it happened quite often later on with DS.  Especially when sleeping  :s   It's no bueno  :(  Hey pregnancy, stop f%&*ing with our bodies please!!
  • @cmdesigner I get horrid RLS, the only thing I have found that has worked for me has been this magnesium lotion, https://8sheep.com/products/sleepylotion?variant=17595301331044 I have tried cheaper versions and they did nothing for me, but this has honestly been a life saver. I apply a generous amount each night before bed and I also sleep with pillows between my knees & ankles. It has helped a ton. Good luck! I know how awful it is! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @nomangos23 my limbs fall asleep all the time, I haven't found any good solution! I know its due to the increased bloodflow but it was never this bad with my first pregnancy. If you find a magic fix - please share!! 
  • Why is my 'down under' so sore? Like trying to conceive, having sex 2x a day sore. Sorry...tmi?
  • @nightdreamr13 there’s a lot of extra blood flow down there! I’ve been having it too where it literally feels like someone kicked me in the vag with a steel-toe boot!! Stay active, walk around, try to not cross your legs when you sit, etc. Unfortunately now I think I’m leaning more into having Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction though, which is HELL! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kraanekraane member
    @nomangos23 both my legs fell asleep while sitting on the couch today. I wasn’t even crossing my legs...they were down flat on the floor. Ugh add to the list of weird pregnancy symptoms. 

@nightdreamr13 yep sore most days but even more after more activity or exercise.  

@sunshine2417 I have looked into that a little bit after I couldn’t go up the stairs or pull on pants without stabbing pain. It’s not fun at all. Is there anything that you are doing that’s helping with the pain? 
  • @kraane oof! If it’s stabbing pain then that definitely sounds closer to SPD rather than just extra blood flow pressure. I personally haven’t done anything major other than ensuring I’m active when I can be, resting when I can be too, and trying to just support my pelvis and legs when standing/sitting/sleeping etc. keeping your weight balanced on both legs and hips at the same level helps.

In The Great Question Thread, @tableforfourplease said she’s struggling with this too, and @septoctkids said she went to PT for it last pregnancy and is starting it up again this pregnancy too. She may have better recommendations than I do. I plan to talk with my doctor about it at my spot next week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kraane how does it feel going up and down stairs? That was a big symptom for me too. Aside from PT, a belly support band helped a lot too. It took the pressure off my pelvis that was separating too much 😣
  • @kraane @septoctkids I literally feel your pain. I am pretty sure I have SPD. I put an inquiry out on Friday with a local PT to see if they could get me in soon. I had hip surgery in August 2018 for a labrum tear and impingement. I am noticing some pain in my groin from that (my left hip, so laying on my left side has been rough) but then my pubic area hurts SO bad which is a new one for me. I also happen to have lax ligaments already (and have had several knee surgeries because of that) so I am expecting that this is not going to get any easier as the pregnancy progresses. I'll keep y'all updated if I get to PT. I'm going to ask my midwife for an RX this week. 
  • Total new (awful) symptom yesterday/last night. Sharp constant pain that worsened when I moved too much, or when I emptied my bladder right in the center of my lower abdomen, below my belly button. It kept me up all night stressing. Idk if the baby was just in a really weird position? I have felt much better this morning but I'm so afraid of it coming back... anyone else have something like this? It is definitely NOT RLP, I've had that and this is very different. It almost felt like a ripped muscle? 
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @cmdesigner @septoctkids @kraane wow, I think I have that too. I had no idea this was a thing and thought I was just unlucky. I was miserable all weekend. I had a hard time getting dressed because it hurts to stand on one leg, a hard time walking, and it feels like someone sucker punched my pubic bone. I was actually thinking how hard this pregnancy is going to be if this is normal. It sounds like maybe I should see a PT? 

• @MsBeachNJ Oh no, that doesn't sound like fun! I haven't experienced it myself but a friend of mine who just gave birth earlier this month went to the doctor around 6 months pregnant with a similar complaint. Turned out she had a pulled/separated abdominal muscle (with no idea how it happened, other than being pregnant). The doc gave her a brace that seemed to help.
  • @cammie0526 thank you! If it doesn't go away I will definitely ask my doctor if maybe a brace could help! 
  • kraanekraane member
    @septoctkids stairs suck the most actually. I’ll look into getting a support band and ask at my next appointment. 
    @cmdesigner that sounds like a complex issue. Hopefully you can get some relief somehow. 
  • Hemorrhoids. So much blood. That is all. 
  • @themadcamel amen sister! I’m dreading the after birth poop more than the birth itself. 
  • @themadcamel hemorrhoids have always been an issue for me. They get better and than they come back full force.  

Today my hips and crotch are so sore. My feet have also started bothering me in the morning when I wake up
  • I’m not sure if this is really a symptom, but man am I tired of peeling my belly off my thighs while sitting down wearing a dress.
  • @nomangos23 I’m laughing so hard! When I was pregnant with DS I was a server, and my belly knocked over drinks on multiple occasions 🤣
  • @kgg2241@septoctkids @kraane I went to the chiropractor for an adjustment re: pubic pain. Apparently, they use to Webster Technique which helps get everything in alignment. It'll be a few adjustments before I start feeling better but I am curious to see how it goes. The chiro I saw is also a licensed doula, so that was neat.
  • My chiro is needing to see me weekly for my siatica nerve right now and I've been seeing him monthly for years. Definitely not a quick fix.  
  • kraanekraane member
    @cmdesigner thanks for the update. Hopefully that gives you some relief. I will definitely ask at my next appointment. 
  • Since this weekend, I am suddenly ravenous! I want to eat everything in sight! Baby must be hitting a growth spurt. And I haven't done a grocery run in awhile so I have nothing to eat at work. Just need to make it 2 more hours before I can go get some groceries and stock up!  :s
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • @kaceyallan making anything good?
  • @nomangos23 Chili.. That's as far as I have gotten. Haha And I want all of the fruits and veggies. I'll be shopping hungry and with no real game plan. This should be fun. 
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • @lillywonderland yes! And I had a cantaloupe honey dew hybrid melon last night, sooooooo tasty too. I don’t know about you but watermelon makes my little one dance 
  • @lillywonderland watermelon has been everythiiing to me for the last few months, even when not seasonally the best, so I fully plan to buy tons and tons of them to eat up in season!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nomangos23 I've never heard of that hybrid! Sounds amazing! I crushed some watermelon last night and baby sure was moving! But it seems to be very active in the evenings when I am just chilling, so it may have been the watermelon or it may have been baby being baby. :)
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • I just took watermelon to a Memorial Day thing this wee . And it was so good I've been debating about getting another one just for me! 😆
  • Is anyone else starting to waddle?

• @lillywonderland Yes the pregnant swagger has begun. As well as having a hard time drying off after shower, bending over, breathing ect. Husband trimmed my toenails for me the other day. 
  • I wish it was warm enough for sandals already cause like you @taeleigh bending over is becoming uncomfortable. Also yes @lillywonderland the waddle is definitely there.  Esp after sitting at my work desk for a while. 3 more months right?
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @lillywonderland yes! Yesterday my coworker told me I have the "cutest little waddle." I feel like baby must be super low because walking is hard! 
  • @lillywonderland the waddle struggle is already so real. Bending down also sucks. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3