December 2019 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion 5/16

Re: Unpopular Opinion 5/16

• Options
    LM1007LM1007 member
    UO: I'm not a fan of kissing my kids on the lips. I'll even dodge my sons if they try 🤷

I slightly cringe when I see parents kiss their kids on the lips. Idk why. Oh especially if other family  members kiss the kids. 
  • Options
    I don’t really care for pie. I’ll eat it but I don’t like the crust (same with quiches). 

There is a soup place by me that has a yummy pumpkin soup and they sprinkle pie crust crumbs on it. 🤢
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @sunshineandlemons I totally agree- crust has to be amazing to be worth while, which is pretty rare.  Most crusts are flavorless blech-ness.  

On that note, my unpopular opinion- I don’t like cake.  If I eat cake, it has to be spectacularly light.  Or served with ice cream or a large glass of milk to water it down.  I’m weird about sweets- I’m a huge salt person (normally, pregnancy is turning that off a little bit), so sweets that are too rich and sweet are just too much for me.  The only cakes I liked as a kid were angel food and carrot cake, because it had a tangy frosting!
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons I love pie with a good crust and would pick it over most desserts any day.  But bad crust is more common and is nasty.

@cpk3535 I used to never touch cake, I thought frosting was the worst.  I do like a good cake, but I am a bit of a snob about it.

continuing with UO about food, I don’t like potato chips.
  • Options
    LM1007LM1007 member
    @holly321 I don't like potato chips either. I'm not really a chip person in general. 
  • Options
    @LM1007 😱 I love cake!! Hahaha

I do have a UO related to cake though. I do not like cake and ice cream on the same plate like it’s served at birthday parties sometimes. Also, cake shakes are gross. It’s a crumb and melted ice cream texture thing that just grossed me out.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of chocolate cake specifically, but most other cakes are good, especially angel food, YUM!

I would rather wear jeans than anything else, even during my last pregnancy. I had maternity leggings and a couple long dresses but I very rarely wore them. 
  • Options
    I dislike brownies, fudge, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, and carrot cake. All of those make me gag for reasons I can't explain. I still make chocolate cake for DH and kids though. 

I also hate wearing shoes. I would go bare foot as often as possible if it were allowed. 
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @j3nn1b33 I’m totally in your shoe boat!  I would rather wear flip flops every day if possible!
  • Options
    I have a deep seeded fear of salad bars and buffet lines. It just makes my skin crawl thinking about everyone who has passed through the lines and how many times the food has been picked over. I will only go to one buffet near where I live because they have people who literally guard the food and change out anything that has sat a while. It is also ridiculously clean, but smells nice not like high powered cleaner in fast food places. 

I also have doubts about subway..but that is just because my local one is disgusting. 
  • Options
    @j3nn1b33 Same! Buffets are gross, even with sneeze shield. Gives me the creeps.

UO: Being a Produce manager, I don’t eat any fruits or vegetables from fast food restaurants, even some sit down restaurants. I don’t trust them.
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    I have another really UO- I don’t love outlet malls, and I hate Ross stores. Ross stores particularly make me want to scream, as it’s just like pawing through somebody’s messy closet.  Blech! 😛😊
  • Options
    I don't like ketchup. I don't get the appeal, I think it tastes weird, and it's gross. I prefer mayo on my burgers and sandwiches and yes, even to dip my fries.