Group 3 check in (dd12/17-12/24) wo 5/13

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves:

Questions: 

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? 

Re: Group 3 check in (dd12/17-12/24) wo 5/13

• Due Date / Weeks + Days: Due date was just changed again. Last period chart had it at 12/18. My first ultrasound had it at 12/20 and today they did another ultrasound to put it at 12/22. Getting closer and closer to a Christmas baby!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM, very first pregnancy 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out. I ordered that SneakPeak kit in the mail and can take the test this Sunday. So we should know by the end of next week!

Upcoming Appointments: Just had another ultrasound today. They said everything looked "amazing," "great," and "fabulous." Judging by those words and the nurse saying the baby was a healthy size I'm in an excellent mood today.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Feeling great today, probably because I got to sleep in and haven't experienced any morning sickness since yesterday. Yay! Craving sweet and spicey things. Eating a lot of Mexican food. 

Rants/Raves: There are so many things I want to rave about. I feel super blessed for having such a supportive tribe in my life. Everyone from my mom, aunts and best friends are so pumped for me and my husband. They are constantly asking for pictures and updates. My dad's (bio and step) are probably the happiest and over the moon about the baby. It's so sweet and I'm so emotional that I almost cry just thinking about it. Even my co-workers are amazing. HR has been super understanding and my friends are so loving. I work with a lot of 50-60-year-old women and one of them keeps gushing about how she is so pumped to be a grandma again (in reference to my baby) and cannot wait to babysit for me. How lucky is that? To have co-workers who already consider themselves family and a part of my baby's life. 

Questions: I'm a first-time mommy and know little to nothing about baby gear. If you have a brand of stroller, car seat or baby carrier/wrap that is amazing and you would recommend, please let me know! 

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? : I just finished watching season 1 of Roswell, New Mexico on Netflix. It only took me like 3 days to watch all 12 or 13 episodes. I'm a sucker for alien-themed movies and shows. It was really good in my opinion. 

• Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/17, 9w 

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: GREEN!

Upcoming Appointments: 5/29 for next routine appt, 6/6 for NT scan. went to a private place last week with MH because he missed the first u/s and baby was measuring 8w4d (3 days ahead)with a heartbeat of 168. was really cool to see how much baby changed in a week.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): French fries make everything better, and potato rolls, and potato chips - basically this baby is a potato. Morning sickness isn't every day, but when it does happen it's all day long. No actual barfing though, so yay - could be worse. I think I have heartburn under control for now, that was very unpleasant. Exhaustion I think it hitting - fell asleep the last two nights at 8.30pm.

Rants/Raves: Raves: My Zika test came back NEGATIVE! woot! We also told our families Sunday and it was awesome. We've been letting people know as we see/interact with them, I know it's earlier than you're "supposed to" but for whatever reason I'm ok with it. My mom is already making mental baby lists and parents have offered to buy as all the nursery furniture which is amazing and generous. Also, my OBGYN office has every appt between now and my due date scheduled which I love, the planner in me feels great that it's all mapped out. Rant: my health insurance. UGH. I have a high deductible grandfathered plan - which means they still treat pregnancy like an illness, they won't cover a breast pump, etc. Really disappointing. I don't even have the physician charges from my first appt, but the sonogram and lab work alone is $331 that we'll pay (actual charges are $2,083.25). I knew we would hit our deductible, but actually seeing the charges is always annoying.

Questions: 

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? Wrapping up GoT, and Bachelorette is starting. Opposite ends of the tv spectrum. Very excited for Big Little Lies and Handmaid's Tale to come back in June!

• Loading the player...
  • @anniemarie887 - I'm so sorry about your health insurance woes. I think it's crazy and unacceptable that grandfathered plans can get around the affordable care act, especially when it comes to prenatal visits and breast pumps. Those laws were put in place for a reason and allowing old plans to work their way around the system sets women's rights back a decade.    
  • Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/19/ 8weeks 6 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We'll be finding out

Upcoming Appointments: I'm waiting for my dating ultrasound to be scheduled - the midwife sent a requisition in weeks ago but apparently there is quite a wait.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): AWFUL! I was in the hospital last week for dehydration, am taking diclectin and a super strength TUMS thingie, plus gravol...bleh so much sick.

Rants/Raves: Rant: My hubby is in the navy and is currently away.... everytime I get sick I quietly (and somewhat jokingly) curse him - 'you did this to me...and LEFT!!' He'll be back in June so he'll get to make it up to me.
    Rave: My workplace is SO understanding! I was feeling a lot of guilt about being sick or late because i was sick in the morning, but my supervisors (the only people who I've made aware) are the best and totally understanding about it all.

Questions: nada 

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? I'm binging Lucifer.

• @mrszoobear you know what the craziest part is - I work for an insurance company. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @mrszoobear you know what the craziest part is - I work for an insurance company. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    That's so sad 😔
  • spawnsvesselspawnsvessel member
    edited May 2019

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/23, 8w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Finding Out, but I keep feeling in my bones we are blue.

Upcoming Appointments: 05/22 we have our 9 week ultrasound. I’m so excited to see Spawn again and check up on it

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Honestly, pretty awful. Idk what morning sickness it, but 5pm sickness hits me real hard. 😂😂 Very tender breasts. Lots of cramping which concerns me but my doctor says is normal because no bleeding. So I’m trying not to freak out. I sleep constantly. Thankfully my food aversions have mostly gone away. And the acne is terrible.

Rants/Raves: DH has been so amazing. I’m so blessed to have such an incredible support system.

Questions: Is anyone else having neck pain? Mine is getting really stiff and it is starting to freak me out a little.

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? Pose. I’m obsessed right now.

• @anniemarie887 I feel you on the high deductible.  Ours is $4,000, and we have left than $1,000 left.  Fortunately, the OOP isn’t too much higher, and it includes medication in it.  My ultrasound and doctors visit last week will be about $400.  

@spawnsvessel it is hard to not feel concerned about the cramping, but it is so normal.  Even bleeding isn’t always an issue.  I bled for 4 weeks with my son.

• Due Date / Weeks + Days:  12/22 8w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM  dd is 8 ds is 6 (and both are super excited!)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team finding out

Upcoming Appointments:  Don’t go back until early June!  TW I think this is my first pregnancy not being threatened miscarriage or not having a concern with an ultrasound early end tw

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):   Relatively crappy.  My morning sickness is getting worse, heartburn is constant (even with lots of ranitidine) tired and just grumpy.  Cravings are coming and going, this week has been peach pie, which dh brought me today.

Rants/Raves:  tomorrow is our 10th anniversary.  We aren’t doing anything special, we will plan something when we are both a bit less busy.   Otherwise, my kids have been so well behaved lately, it has been a big help when I feel like cramp and don’t feel like functioning. My SIL is pregnant too, about 12 weeks.  She found out today  she is having a boy.  I was pregnant at the same time as her with both my kids and we had the same thing each time, so I am interested to se if the trend will continue.

Questions:  not at this time 

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now?  GOT and I just started rewatching downton abbey while I do my work from home in the evenings.  Other than that, I don’t watch much more than the office.

• ninrmsninrms member

Due Date / Weeks + Days: Due 12/24, 8w today!!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM :) 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Probably team finding out :)

Upcoming Appointments: First official appt 5/25, and I can hardly wait! I had panicked over some cramping in the middle of week 6, so I already went in for some testing and had a great ultrasound. Not sure what the 5/25 appt will have in store. No OBs where I live, only general practitioners, so it'll be my first appointment with my family doctor.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Not many cravings other than fruit (hooray!). Sore boobs and nipples, headaches the last couple of days (thankfully not migraines, which I'm prone to pre-pregnancy), no patience for any of my students' BS (though could be because it's the end of the school year), and still exhausted all the time. MS hits worst in the evening. 

Rants/Raves: Rave! Am very hopeful that I'll have an opportunity to teach part time the next couple of years...a coworker and I are proposing a "job share" situation to our principal tomorrow. This would be the ideal situation for me!! Cross your fingers, please!

Questions: None. :)

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? Hubby and I are watching GOT. I'm watching "This is Us," currently on second season and loving it more than I would have guessed. :)

• Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/18    8+6?

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Upcoming Appointments:  5/21

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): like crap  my hips are already hurting and my entire pelvic cavity is sore and I want to cry. I’m also super hormonal so that’s not helping at all. Also nothing sounds good and I’m getting a pit in my stomach at dinner each night.

Rants/Raves: I’m still upset that my MIL wasn’t excited to find out that she’s going to be a grandma again. I’m not sure why I’m letting it bother me so much but it does. She still hasn’t bother to ask about anything either.

Questions: my boss already knows, but I’m trying to figure out how to tell my co-workers. How do you plan on telling your coworkers? I don’t think I’m going to be able to hide it much longer due to how bloated I’m getting already. I’m not one for big announcements but I’m in such a small office I feel like my coworkers would be offended if I didn’t say something. 

I’m also dreading telling HR, our benefits coordinator and I don’t get along (long dramatic story, I now have her old job). Last time I was pregnant I was HR so I’m not sure how to tell them?

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? I started watching a show called Babies last night on Netflix. Totally fascinating, but of course freaked me out because it talked about super rare genetic changes and how they still don’t know so much about what / how things happen. 

• Due Date / Weeks + Days:       8 weeks DD: 12/13

FTM/STM/TTM+: First Timer

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green! :-:smiley:

Upcoming Appointments: May 21 for our first US ever, I am so nervous and excited.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): MY symptoms have been so random. I sometimes feel pokey then 15 min later im gorging on everything bagels. Mainly just so damn tired I could and sometimes do lay on my couch all day (not currently working atm which feel super grateful about). TMI: so hard to get a great BM...frustrating.

Rants/Raves: similar to @mrszoobear , my family and close friends have all accepted the news so excitedly it really helps take off some of my anxiety. Rant: all these controversial posts on social media lately. I had to delete twitter and instagram...just need a break from the nonsense. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? Super into WestWorld, and I hate to say it but I've started GOT three times in the lat 5 years and I can't make it passed the first ep!!! Lol

• Oops, I meant DD is 12/23. 
  • 777sho777sho member
    edited May 2019

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

December 19th, 9 weeks 3 days

I had a dating scan with a heartbeat at 5 weeks 6 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:

2 teenagers, third child

4th pregnancy, missed miscarriage and D&C this past January

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Not finding out

Upcoming Appointments: 

10 week this coming Wednesday 

NT scan June 3rd

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves:

I seemed to have purged all memories of my previous pregnancies 

Questions: 

How do I get rid of this migraine headache for good?

GTKY: What TV show are you really into right now? 

I don’t watch much. I am reading the Immortalists and recently finished the Nina Simone autobiography which I enjoyed!