December 2019 Moms

Silly Old Wives Tales

Does anyone have any silly old wives tales to share? 

I am just curious because I day dreamt I was having twins (only having 1 bebe per 6w ultrasound.) But then making dessert I cracked a double yolked egg and searched it up. Apparently some say it is a sign of twins! I think it's silly and cute but what are the odds? 

Re: Silly Old Wives Tales

• Cold feet- boy
    Acne/oily skin- girl
    Sweet cravings- girl
    Salty cravings- boy
    High heartrate- girl
    Low heartrate- boy

There are tons! If these were actually true this baby will be all girl. It’ll be interesting to see what this baby really is!
  • I’ve heard if you’re carrying your bump high, it’s a girl, if your bump is low, it’s a boy.

lol with my daughter, so many people said she was low, so I was convinced I was having a boy, lol. But, she had the high HR and I was eating a TON of fruit (sweet). 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • @sunshineandlemons give me all the fruit 🤗
  • @k_mama91 Same, girl! 🙋‍♀️
  • @k_mama91 lol I like those they would all “prove” I am having a boy. 
    @sunshineandlemons I wonder if there is any truth to the bump theory....With my girls I carried low though, and my son I carried high. 

The bump Chinese gender predictor was spot on with all my LOs, even though it’s not an old wives tale, it is still fun. 

I heard on on the radio that if your SO ate sweets or caffeine during the time of conception it would be a boy. I laughed so hard because DH loves sweetbread and coffee every morning and evening he also drinks energy drinks despite my warnings...yet we have 3 DDs and only 1 DS. 
  • @j3nn1b33 I carried ridiculously low with my son, but as my obgyn so eloquently put it, I had been pregnant 3 times in well under 2 years, my muscle we’re done.  But I did carry my daughter really high.

I am craving sweets, the HR was high, I usually have cold feet but don’t, so far looks good for a girl.
  • @j3nn1b33 I forgot about the Chinese gender predictor. It was wrong for my daughter (also wrong for the baby I’m pregnant with now). It’s told me boy both times, but I’m team pink!
  • @sunshineandlemons Congratulations!! That is a bummer about the gender chart though, I was hoping for some true "magic" lol!! 
  • My coworkers think I'm having a girl based on the heart rate...some wives tale about it being a girl if the rate is 120-160, and a boy if it's slower. Baby's rate was 149. I feel like it's a boy though.
  • @j3nn1b33 Thanks!! We are pretty excited! 😁
  • There’s something about if your hair is shinier and fuller than usual it’s a boy, and if you have headaches and morning sickness it’s a girl. 
    I forget all of them but since we were team green one of our baby shower games was having a list of 10 of them and people guessed which way my symptoms were for each one. In the end my results were half and half for which it would be 😂 
  • @rjgmcmanus I need to get out my previous baby stuff and check the HRs. My Bebe had an HR in the 120s at 6w 4d. One week later at 7w 4d it was 140. I am really curious what my previous LOs were. I think Mommas intuition may be the best indicator though.  
  • @CapricaAndrea That is an awesome idea though for a team green baby shower!