Group 2 Check In: DD 7/9-7/16 | Week of 5/13

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  *Stolen from Group 3/4* We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why?

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
<3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

Re: Group 2 Check In: DD 7/9-7/16 | Week of 5/13

• Options
    cindlercindler member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15, 31W

Baby is the size of a(n): IDK.  Haven't looked yet

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Regular prenatal on Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Exhausted.  I overdid it late last week and this weekend and I'm paying the price.  I have so much more to do, though, so there appears to be no opportunity for rest in the near future.

Rants/Raves:  Brain is mush.  Can't think of anything.

Questions: 

GTKY:  *Stolen from Group 3/4* We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why?  Definitely not a holiday person when I'm the one celebrated, however, I love celebrating others.  My favorite holidays are the ones where I get to get together with my immediate family, namely Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Also a big fan of holidays that I get off work, even if we don't celebrate them, because a free day off is celebration in itself!

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 31 weeks, 5 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): small otter with no tail ;) 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: this Friday, standard Prenatal 

How are you feeling?: really big and uncomfortable, back pain constantly sore and BH are getting more intense 

Rants/Raves:  Rants, ended up in L&D for really bad Braxton Hicks making me super sore, and although I’m a centimeter dilated, they’ve ruled out preterm labor. It’s a rave that it’s ruled out, but a rant for the hospital stay and the nasty wrist IV. 🤢

Questions: none! 

GTKY:  We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why?  I love holidays and enjoy the family time and celebration with people close to me. I love Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Fourth of July mainly. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13/ 31+2

Baby is the size of a(n): asparagus. I’m finding the size comparisons from the bump really dumb

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday, regular 32 week check up

How are you feeling?: started taking Prilosec yesterday and now I’m feeling 10x better! Her movements are getting uncomfortable, but overall still pretty good! 

Rants/Raves:  my oldest woke up congested and snotty on Saturday and now I think both boys have some sort of cold. Hopefully it’s short lived 

Questions: nope

GTKY:  *Stolen from Group 3/4* We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why? I do enjoy holidays, but don’t go all out for any of them. Memorial Day weekend and thanksgiving are my favorites!! We go camping every Memorial Day weekend and the whole family looks forward to it. Thanksgiving is probably my number 1 though! Sitting around all day eating, watching football and relaxing! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    breweber2010breweber2010 member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry....Wrong month!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 31 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of asparagus 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: Next Monday

How are you feeling?: A little tired and my back has been aching.

Rants/Raves: Went back to 50° weather and rainy😫 I want the warm weather to stay!!

Questions: None

GTKY:  *Stolen from Group 3/4* We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why? I used to think it was Christmas,  and I do still like it. It just gets overwhelming now that we have kids and the grandparents think they need every toy ever made🙄 I've decided my favorite holiday is Easter! I love springtime and I love celebrating Jesus's resurrection at church. We also have a Good Friday service. It's not very long, but it helps us remember why we celebrate Easter in the first place😊 It just makes me feel alive and rejuvenated and so thankful for my Savior's love for me❤❤

• Options
    msimimsimi member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16; 30+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Asparagus?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Group appointment next week, from then on they're switching from monthly to every two weeks. Means we're in the final stretch which is so crazy!

How are you feeling?: Still pretty good. Definitely moving slower these days and I have waves of totally uncomfortable symptoms (pelvic pain, BH, back pain, etc.). Also dealing with constipation which is no fun so I upped my magnesium and just bought a Squatty Potty off of Amazon. Lol.

Rants/Raves: Rave/rant in one. Had my first baby shower this weekend and it was SO lovely. It made me feel even more excited about baby coming. My SILs really went above and beyond. The rant portion is we got SO MANY clothes/hair bows, etc. and not a ton of useful items (although we did get our car seat so I feel like now we have the absolute essentials covered). I guess that's one of the disadvantages of knowing baby's sex :#

Questions: Does anyone have a good description of what baby hiccups feel like? I don't think I've felt them so far but maybe I just don't know what they feel like. I'm mostly just curious because otherwise baby moves a ton so it seems weird that I haven't felt them yet.

GTKY: I like holidays like Christmas but I think they've kind of lost their magic being an adult with no kids so I'm excited to hopefully have that change once baby arrives (and is old enough to actually get what's going on). Otherwise I like holidays like Memorial Day/Fourth of July where I get an extra day off work and get to have people over to relax and have a seafood boil or whatever without having to deal with navigating celebrations with multiple families.
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 I didn't get the comparison this week either🙄 How did it go from a zucchini to asparagus?! I'm guessing they go more by length, but even so asparagus is usually shorter than zucchini! And today it says as long as a carton of eggs🤣
  • Options
    @msimi I bought a squatty potty when i was pregnant with my second and that thing is a life saver haha. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 31 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): small clawed otter 

Upcoming Appointments: Friday, may 24 

How are you feeling?: lots of discomfort in the pubic area from walking a decent making  

Rants/Raves:  I’ve spent the entire weekend trying to get this baby to flip. It’s not working and I’m so anxious about it even though I know she has time  

Questions: 

GTKY:  *Stolen from Group 3/4* We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why? I think I like Christmas the most, especially with kids. I just hate all the obligations that come with it. I wish it was more of a relaxing holiday. Lol

• Options
    @msimi I haven't felt them as much with this one as I did with my girls. But they feel like light taps a second or 2 apart. With my second daughter they lasted several minutes to the point they were almost annoying! She still gets them for a long time lol! They definitely are more consistent feeling then regular kicks and movements. 
  • Options
    @cindler Right there with you on mushy brains and lots of work!
    I am wondering how to tell my boss we ain’t making our goal deadline. And I’m debating when to stop work before birth. I need to be half time right now, but i think ill go one more month at least. I definitely find it hard to explain that this is a medical condition- pregnancy- and I’m coming to my physical/mental limits. The business world could care less and will point to all the women who work right up to labor. I point to all the countries that give women maternity leave BEFORE birth. Cuz this shit is real and I’m not just being “lazy”. 

Question: How have you guys handled work during the month or so before your due date? Any work arrangements or just saved up your leave day for after?

@mamahmh2 Sorry about all the BH pain!! Don’t know how you just keep plodding on when it hurts a lot! Hang in there!

@msimi I think I felt hiccups yesterday. It was a series of movements at the same rhythm as typical hiccups...and the movement was consistently the same intensity. And it goes on for more than 1 or 2
    minutes...just like regular hiccups! I could tell it was something different because all his other movements are more like arms and legs- while this felt sort of more like a heartbeat.

Sorry I’m not following the format guys, Im just less likely to post here when I gotta hit that before talking! Having a growing boy, ultrasound appt this weekend, and I like hanging lights in the house for Christmas and Halloween. FTM so looking forward to having holidays with a kid in the house!

Have a good rest of the week everybody! May the kicks be cute and not painful! 😉
  • Options
    erynpdxerynpdx member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 32 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): zombie ferret

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: group tomorrow, also acupuncture tomorrow

How are you feeling?: bleh. Kind of an emotional mess - thinking it's time to talk to my midwife about how much third trimester crying is too much.

Rants/Raves:  weather is turned back to rain. Trying to embrace a couple days of not needing to water, but it's going to be a long week.

Questions: Has anyone been hit with the nesting? I'm worried the urge is completely skipping me over this time. :/

GTKY:  *Stolen from Group 3/4* We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why?

• Options
    cindlercindler member
    @msimi I agree with you on holidays not being the same when you're an adult with no kids.  DH and I have pretty much stopped celebrating most holidays for that reason.  Christmas in my family the last several years has just been a drinking fest because there are no kids.  It's fun, but definitely not the normal Christmas celebration.  I'm hoping that with just one little one we can combine the drunkfest with some more traditional ways to celebrate and have the best of both worlds!

@expatmom39 I have started to think that I need to take some days off because work, combined with family/home requirements, is just so taxing.  I probably won't because I'm an income generating member of a small business, but it has certainly crossed my mind.  I plan to work up until delivery or I'm told I can't any more.  Not saying I'll be the most productive member of the office, but I'll be there (mostly)!

@erynpdx I can't say as I've had the nesting urge like others describe.  I'm getting the urge to get some stuff done around the house, but that's more motivated by the looming "deadline" of this LO coming, rather than nesting.  Mostly, I want to just sit around the house and enjoy peace a quiet while we have it. :)
  • Options
    acgxacgx member
    edited May 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 32+1, July 9

Baby is the size of a(n): Armadillo

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for a check-up & growth ultrasound

How are you feeling?: More and more uncomfortable. 🤷

Rants/Raves:  Moved into our house this weekend. It's still not done yet. It's not bad except we didn't think about what we we're going to do with our animals during the day while we're at work and there are contractors coming and going. So that's not been fun. I can finally start putting together the baby's room though! 

Questions: 

GTKY:  *Stolen from Group 3/4* We just had Mother's Day! Are you a big holiday person? Which holiday is your favorite and why? I love Christmas and Thanksgiving. And really all the food + family holidays! I'm very lucky to get along really well with my whole big family ❤️

• Options
    @acgx Congrats on moving in! Hope the baby prep goes well in the new place! Our baby room has furniture we need to move out and furniture we need to move in...so as far as that goes, you’ll probably be set up before we are! @erynpdx and @cindler, I think the demands of work and home plus body limitations are totally too much right now. I had insomnia a few nights last week and trying to function mentally at work...and then make dinner at the end of the workday...I was in tears by the weekend. It’s why I’m starting to get serious about a “something’s gotta give” plan. And now Im laying here in bed, mosquito hunting with my electric racket for a mosquito I saw earlier that could be carrying Zika, dengue or malaria. And I wanted a nap. FML! 😖
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    @expatmom39 where do you live? 
  • Options
    expatmom39expatmom39 member
    edited May 2019
    Central America. Luckily not coastal where Aedes aegypti are everywhere, but I know of a lady who tested positive for Zika while pregnant here where I live a year ago. Rare but still around...same for dengue, malaria, chikungunya...nasty f-ing mosquito!! I’m pretty good at hunting them, but no luck tonight...🤬
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    Oh my goodness! That is so crazy. I traveled to a place with Zika the week of implantation so I was stressing. I'm a MAGNET for mosquitos and in the 10 minutes I was on land and not in the water, I got over 10 mosquito bites. They just love me. Thankfully, I never had any symptoms and so they took no action at my OB, but it was still something I worried about. I'd be so stressed if I lived somewhere where I'd be at risk for all of those things. 
    That sucks that you couldn't find him. 
  • Options
    expatmom39expatmom39 member
    edited May 2019
    I’ll get him. 😈
    We decided to let all our balcony plants die so we aren’t leaving the doors open for watering.  Mosquitoes are returning as rainy season 1 just started.  Shame, we have 20+ planters, but I’ll be damned if I have to play Zorro with the electric racket to protect this baby and I!
    I’ve gotten used to staying inside and covering up when I go out. Repellent always in the purse. It’s a lifestyle! 🤓
     I don’t want to leave the house much now anyway...foot hurts and I can’t breathe! Love this trimester! 🥳
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12, 32+1

Baby is the size of a(n):  footprint size of an egg

Upcoming Appointments: may 31

How are you feeling?: Surprisingly I'm finally feeling good physically and mentally is on the upswing, still stressed but trying to manage

Rants/Raves:  baby Sprinkle next weekend.... I'm so excited and anxious all at the same time. Hoping for a relaxing time catching up with family and friends without any drama. 

Questions: Anyone else feeling the pressure of only 2 months left to go? So much to do and get better LO gets here 😬

I love most holidays. I work healthcare so I often don't get to celebrate them like normal. Cliche but it really is something about Christmas that I really love. The only thing is I hate the gift part of Christmas. I just want the twinkling lights and spending time doing things with family.

@erynpdx I've been nesting since like February but I think it's just me trying to get things done over a longer time frame. With my first I didn't start nesting until 36 weeks when at my first weekly check the OB was like "I would bet good money you don't make it through the weekend before delivering" 🤯 went home and both me and my husband scrambled. (Our son was born the day before his due date fyi). Something will trigger it eventually and it will be an urge you can't ignore