July 2019 Moms
Options

Measuring 4 weeks ahead

Im currently 31weeks 6 days and Baby Boy is measuring 35 weeks 4 days. He’s weighing 5 lbs 11oz.. I’m a FTM and doctor says she doesn’t want to change my due date. Instead schedule another ultra sound 6 weeks from now to re scan and talk about delivery options ( natural, c section or induce). Should I be concerned ?  Mind you my husband and I aren’t small people I’m 6’3 and my husband is 6’5. Thank you in advance!

Re: Measuring 4 weeks ahead

• Options
    nolemomma14nolemomma14 member
    edited May 2019
    At this point they won’t change your due date. Scans done in the first trimester, usually 6-8 week mark are the best to date the pregnancy, after that it’s too hard to base due date just from an ultrasound. My last baby measured over 5lbs at 32 weeks like yours did. I had a follow up scan at 36 weeks and they measured him at 8lbs 8oz. I ended up being induced at 37w2d due to high fluid levels. They knew he would be big but the fluid levels were their concern, not really his size. He came out 8lbs 10oz, so they weren’t too far off, but they can be off by up to 2lbs. Babies also go through growth spurts so they might’ve just caught yours at the tail end of a growth spurt. It’s good they’ll do another scan in a few weeks and keep an eye on his size but i wouldn’t worry too much, some people just make big babies! I’m 5’2 and my husband is 5’11 so neither of us are super tall, just made a big baby. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much! This helped alleviate a lot of my concerns! 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 to @nolemomma14 . I've been measuring 4 weeks ahead since 29 weeks. It was the same with my first and she came at 40+2 weighing 8lbs 8oz (I am 5'11" and SO is 6'0"). I wouldn't be concerned. Try to enjoy these last few weeks:)
  • Options
    erynpdxerynpdx member
    Ditto the above! I say nothing to worry about at this point. :smile: