High-Risk Pregnancy

High risk pregnancy with multiples: Explained

bumptarabumptara admin
edited January 2016 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Pregnancy is confusing enough as is. So, it’s understandable to feel overwhelmed when you discover that you’re expecting twins.

Here, our editors share what exactly “high risk” means, and what you can do to keep things under control.

What are your tips for staying relaxed and healthy while going through a high risk pregnancy?

P.S. Let's take our friendship to the next level. Like us on Facebook

Re: High risk pregnancy with multiples: Explained

• Hi I went to the ER this morning because I started bleeding. I found out that I am 6 weeks and looks like it might be twins. I go back for blood work and ultrasound Monday. I have been told bleeding with twins is normal but I am worried. Anyone else ever have this or heard someone that has.
  • momurphmomurph member
    edited June 2017
    @gracekaniowsky1977  I have had this! Just Saturday (6w1d) had a bleed/gush and feared the worst! US today confirmed twins & 2 heartbeats. Hoping you got good news today! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I love your last sentence because I'm so exhausted and feel so guilty when I come home and go right to bed. 
  • @mrslowther, Hi!  I see you haven’t posted since November, how are you and the twins? Are they mono-mono or mono di? I am just starting out my twin journey at 9 weeks and am waiting for the maternal fetal medicine ultrasound to figure out if mine our mono-mono or mono-di.  I feel like it can be overwhelming at times.
  • Hi how are you doing ? I’m wondering how it all went for you - over a year ago ? I just found out I’ve got identical MoMo twins and I’m hoping to hear from anyone’s else else that has been there and might have Insight I hope everything went well for you and your family .
  • @mrslowther hi! Nice to meet you. Found out I’m pregnant with MonoDi twins (identical and share the same placenta) My first US too early to see the heartbeat at 5 weeks, but my second ultrasound at 7 weeks 3 days confirmed twins! This is our 3rd pregnancy. We have 2 boys already so I’m not a new mom, but would love to share this journey with someone. I’m also considered a geriatric pregnancy, I’m 35. Hope things get smoother the farther you go along. I meet with my OB on the 2nd and then after that I will meet with the MFM. 
  • @naughtypine hi! I have MonoDi twins, I realized I posted to that other woman, but she hasn’t been in the thread for sometime. Maybe we can share our journeys together? 
  • Hi all, I just had my 8 week scan and was SHOCKED to see 2 heartbeats! It’s clear that there are two little ones there.

But my doc became concerned that they might be conjoined, given how close they were to each other. It could have been the angle of the vaginal ultrasound, so I’m waiting to be scheduled again— another test with more high tech equipment, probably in a few weeks. Has anyone had a similar experience? 
  • Hello all,
    I am 6w6d, expecting di-di twins. I'm a first time mom (if they make it), and 38. I'll be 39 when they're born. 
    Thank you all for sharing your stories, its interesting to read even if this post is not that active, you know someone out there is having a similar experience. 
    Best thoughts wishes and prayers for all of you!