1st Trimester

Measuring a week behind - positive stories please!

koopie2015koopie2015 member
edited May 2019 in 1st Trimester
Hi all,
I went for my first ultrasound at 7 weeks and a found out that I am only measuring 6 weeks with a gestational and yolk sac found, but no heartbeat. It was IVF so we are pretty certain with dates. Are there any success stories out there with this happening and having a positive outcome? This will be my 5th miscarriage and I’ m quickly losing all hope of becoming a mother. 

Re: Measuring a week behind - positive stories please!

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited May 2019
    Hi all,
    I went for my first ultrasound at 7 weeks and a found out that I only measuring 6 weeks. Are there any success stories out there with this happening? This will be my 5th miscarriage and I’ve lost all hope of becoming a mother. 
    Do you know exactly when you ovulated? Were you using OPK? Temping? Anything to know ovulation date? 
  • If you don’t know when you ovulated, then I would try not to be too concerned.  With my daughter, I had an ultrasound at what I thought was 8 weeks, based on LMP and she measured 5.5 weeks.

when I was pregnant with my son, I knew when I ovulated because I was temping.  I had an ultrasound when I was over 7 weeks, he measured 6 weeks and some days and heartbeat wasn’t consistent, so I had an ultrasound about week later and he measured 8 weeks which is what i had calculated based on my temping. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks...it was IVF so we are pretty exact with dates. I will update my comment 😊
  • In your OP: you really need to put at the end of the post: edited to clarify this was IVF, otherwise others may read the responses and be like the responders are dumb. LOL

Sorry that you are going through this :(  best wishes and hoping for the best! 
  • Truly hoping for the best for you! I was slightly hesitate to share because I don’t want to give a sense of false hope but since you asked for positive stories, I’ll bite.

We also measured a week behind from our dates and it all worked out okay. Though there’s always some margin of error, we charted, temped, and used OPKS, so we were pretty confident on our dates. Based on our first + test, a week behind would I have meant I got a + at some crazy early day that I’m pretty sure isn’t even possible. We racked our brains with the doc - she couldn’t explain it, but it all worked out. She also helped us with an extra ultrasound or two early on to help alleviate our stress and fears.
  • Thank you for your story ❤️❤️ I’m glad you shared it. I as well hope it all works out, but I also know there is a very high chance it won’t 🙈 So glad you got a positive outcome!