Intro — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Intro

Hi everyone!
I've been TTC for 18 months with PCOS, endometriosis and adenomyosis. I'm trying IUI with letrozole and HCG trigger shots at the moment. My 2ww is almost over but I have all my classic PMS symptoms so pretty sure it's a BFN this month. I'm glad I found this forum and I'm looking forward to connecting with other people who know what it's like to be on this journey! It's hard to find anyone IRL who really understands.

Re: Intro

• Hi! I’m also new and feeling the same way, happy to have people who understand. The TWW is always super hard for me. Sometimes I actually prefer when I get the pms symptoms because when I don’t I get my hopes up more. Either way it’s hard. Good luck with the rest of your wait and I hope your meds combo will work for you soon!! 
    sara_tory
  • @sara_tory welcome. I'm new this past week too and have found this board to be a major stress reliever this week as I started my first medicated iui cycle after 21 cycles ttc. My fingers are crossed for you for the rest of your TWW. Feel free to vent all the "feels" here if you need to- we definitely understand!! 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
    sara_tory
  • Loading the player...
  • @sara_tory welcome! This board helped me so much when DH was referred to a urologist after his SA and as we started seeing an RE.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 33 DH: 35 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction
    sara_tory
  • Welcome! Ugh at feeling unsuccessful... Sometimes it feels like we're just throwing money at a pit with IUI (I'm on my second cycle).

Be sure to treat yourself with kindness and maybe even some Ben and Jerry's :)
    sara_tory
  • Thank you so much for the warm welcome! It means a lot. I'm sorry we are all here but glad that we can support each other. Especially during the awful two week wait. It's a good reminder to practice self care right now :smile: