Introducing myself, would love clomid input — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Introducing myself, would love clomid input

Hi all, I’ve been reading some of the posts on here for a while and figure I should join in. I’m almost 35 and my hubby and I have been trying for longer than I care to think about. I started clomid 4 months ago after being diagnosed with “ovulation disfunction” so crossing fingers of course. That said, even on the clomid I am still having super long cycles (35-36 days) and the ovulation tests seem to be all over the place (month 1 is was on day 13, this month on day 23). Has anyone else had a similar experience? Anyone have any suggestions? I’ve emailed my doctor but would happily take input! Thank you. 

Re: Introducing myself, would love clomid input

• @2dogsmom welcome! I'm new too. ...New to posting same as you. That must be so tiring and all consuming. I had long cycles and really varied all over the place ovulation after coming off BCPs-- on BCPs for 10+ years. DH and I weren't trying until a couple years after coming off so I didn't really know the torment of wanting to ovulate but because we were not wanting to get PG then it was the other kind of waiting and watching bc we were trying to be so cautious... sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just be blissfully ignorant?! Maybe??  ;) Hope someone here has had similar experiences and can give you some great tips! 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Thanks for your reply. I am sure everyone here has felt that total frustration of waiting and waiting for what ends up being a no in some way! Glad to be sharing my frustrations with someone who understands ... my best friends have been supportive but they all have multiple kids and got pregnant the first month or two they started trying. In my head I always thought we would have kids similar in age but they are done and their youngest kids are going on 3 so guess not. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You're so right about the total frustration factor. I honestly can say, as much as I don't want to be positive about what has been sometimes a crazy and terrible experience, it has taught me so much about patience and how to handle my own emotions. I feel like I'm a much stronger person now than I ever was before. Kind of corny I know but truly. It's been a crazy battle of willpower and I get nauseous thinking about one of my friends who has been 7 years trying with unexplained.... No answers. 

I am also in the boat of having few friends to talk to but not really about anything in depth.... they've either had kids and no trouble or aren't having kids yet or a couple friends going through infertility and much longer than I have. Those friends are the hardest to talk to and we try to actively avoid talking about it bc there are definitely times when you just don't want to talk about it. My friends with the older kids are the easiest to talk to bc they can listen without giving too much advice. But I am truly enjoying having this community to vent and discuss... I think being able to really talk about the little things with people who have also experienced it has already made me feel so much more at ease.

My hubs and I are the last in his family to have children, everyone has had theirs and he's the second youngest. There's been 2 babies born in the family while we have been trying and it was soooooo hard trying to be excited for my sisters in law while they were PG and I wasn't. And the comments at showers and family gettogethers ....UGH!

If there's anything I hate most about all of this its realizing how frequently people ask about you having kids. I've just got more and more blunt as time has gone on! (That's a rant of it's own!)
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Yes!! OMG people asking me about when we will have kids is so annoying. I started dodging the question and then I started saying something like “we are trying just can’t get everything to cooperate” and now I vary between snarky and dodging. Weirdly the janitor at my work is the worst offender — ANY time I work a little late he says something like “you need kids so you won’t work so late” or “when are you going to have a family to hurry home to” and I swear I’ve started getting up and going for a quick walk when he comes in just to avoid him!