August 2019 Moms

STM+ check in w/o 5/4

How far along are you? How big is baby?
How old is/are you other kid(s)?
Nails and fails from this week:
Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
GTKY: Do you live in the same country/state that you grew up in? If so, what do you love about it? If not, what was the most difficult adjustment of moving to the new place?

Re: STM+ check in w/o 5/4

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    24, eggplant
    3 and 1.5
    Nails: settling back into routine with minimal tantrums. Trying not to think about the fact that routine will only last another week and half before our very busy summer kicks off.
    Fail: DS#1 has completely regressed on potty training, I thought we were almost there, and now he refuses to go near it.
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    GTKY: Do you live in the same country/state that you grew up in? If so, what do you love about it? If not, what was the most difficult adjustment of moving to the new place?
    I grew up in PA, moved to NY for college, spent 6 years there, and then moved to MD when I got married. This is probably more a function of city than state, but in both PA, and NY I was in cities that were laid out as grids, getting anywhere was super simple. Here it's a warren. I leave my house and can turn right or left to get to the same place. It is so confusing!! And everyone here loves to talk about the best routes to get places.
    27 weeks,  bunch of bananaa

How old is/are you other kid(s)? Almost 20 months

Nail - DS initiated potty time for the first time yesterday (we aren't really training,  just ask him several times a day if he needs to go and he usually pees between 1-4x on the potty each day but only when we ask...until yesterday he said he needed to use it and did!)
    Fail- blood work fail last week.  Tried to do the 2- hour fasting glucose test (in widow instead of using a1 hour test as screening and then if you fail you do the 3 hour, they screen you based on other things and in low risk on everything except my first and only fundal height measure is 5cm high,  so I "fail" the screening and have to do the 2 hour fasting for dx. Hopefully it's nothing but they told me on the phone it was walk in.  It wasn't,  so I have to fast, take another half day, and get it done this week. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    Haha I've never lived in the same city for more than 4 years.  Actually come the fall,  my home in Sweden will be the longest place I've actually lived in a row lol.
    As a kid,  moving wasn't that hard...breaking into new schools where everyone had gone to school together since kindergarten was probably the hardest.  Moving overseas definitely language and trying to get official things done (1st overseas move everything was in Arabic,  so Swedish seems like a cake walk after that haha). Learning Cultural Norms could also be challenging at times,  but not as stressful as trying to do paperwork correctly in another language by a deadline

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Loading the player...
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    -23+5, grapefruit 

- 10 and almost 2

fail- getting a max of 4hours of sleep straight, waking up with leg and back pain
    nail- 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    -I’m the only one that knows baby is a boy. Family wants a girl so bad they are convincing themselves it’s a girl and getting so excited. I get to announce it while we are in Disney in June but I know it’s going to be a big disappointment. I made 2 beautiful healthy boys already. I hope this one is just as healthy. I get little girls are cute but my boys are the best. Why wouldn’t you want another?

-I moved around a bit but last year we actually bought in the town I mostly grew up in. A different section of the town but the same name. My kids will go to all different schools except for the middle school but I think it’s nice that I can be driving by certain areas and tell my oldest about my younger days. 
  • @mia8263 I hope the boy reveal goes better than you expect. I hate it when there's such a strong preference one way or another :/ maybe this is a UO but a lot of times boy babies are cuter than girl babies anyways imo. Maybe it's because their natural cuteness comes through more instead of having so many frills and bows etc. Idk. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• aecmaecm member
    24+1, cantaloupes 

DD, 2

Nail - DH took off work and took DD for a special outing on Friday morning. As a SAHM, having a morning to myself basically NEVER happens. I spent a couple hours being super productive, getting a bunch of laundry done, ironed, put away, etc. and it felt so good.
    Fail - it’s been raining all week here, and my kid is going absolutely bonkers. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    I’ve been stressing a bit about the transition from 1 kid to 3 kids, and handling 3 under 3. Nothing I can really do about it until they’re here and I really know what it’s like. We talked about having 3 kids but I always assumed DD would be about in kindergarten by the time #3 arrived...definitely didn’t plan on having 3 preschoolers home at one time. I’m mainly just worried about not giving each of them the individual attention they need and deserve. 

Nooo, I grew up in Canada but have lived in SC, IN, and KS before moving back and settling down in IN. Since I had already lived in IN, moving back pretty easy. We live in a really nice suburban area that has about everything we could want (good shopping, good restaurants, lots of nice parks and walking trails, and we’re not unreasonably far from more urban amenities like pro sports and an airport). I also like that we’re only a few hours from lots of other cities like Chicago, Louisville, and Cincinnati...even St. Louis isn’t too far of a drive. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    @BigBadWolf12 I wish I could say it will but for DS2 baby reveal, I left in tears because of all the disappointed faces. I was the only one that wanted a boy. They all love him to pieces now but no mother wants to see that. I feel that way about girls too! Outside of those cute dresses and bows, I just always wanted boys. 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    @aecm my 22 month old swears we are torturing him when it rains out lol I’m sorry but I can’t be outside all day especially in the rain! 
  • @mia8263 if you know it's not going to be a good experience, do you think it would be better to just skip the "reveal" and send them an email or text or "yay it's a boy!" video before then to just tell them without the letdown of their immediate reactions?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @mia8263 sending you hugs, it's so hard when family has unreasonable desires. 

@aecm my ILs had twins and then another baby 20 months later, and then another 22 months after that. So they had 4 under 4. My MIL is very laid back and easy going, and whenever anyone asks her about how she did it. She says  "it was hard but we just did it." She also talks about how she didn't experience a baby needing to be played with until #5 (born 8 years after #4) because the twins played with each other and then amused their little brothers 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    @BigBadWolf12 yeah I’m excited to be revealing in Disney cuz then I don’t have to see their faces. We’ll send the reveal via text and that’s it. 
  • @mia8263 oooooh I get it.  I thought it was a big extended family trip to Disney and they'd all be there.  Your plan sounds great! 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 24w5D Cantaloupe/ Puffin

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD 4

Nails and fails from this week: Nails: We scheduled a painter to come paint the nursery. It ended up being a lot more expensive that I'd hoped, but the person in the house before us painted the room (walls AND ceiling) a dark red that was just going to suck to paint. I can't wait until it's done and we can finally start getting the room ready

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: My stomach has been feeling a bit wonky lately and I've been getting some bad cramping in my ribs. Doesn't this child know it still have 16 weeks? Stop crowding me.

GTKY: Do you live in the same country/state that you grew up in? If so, what do you love about it? If not, what was the most difficult adjustment of moving to the new place? Different city/state. It is hard because I love the city I grew up in and it still feels like home. But the two places have a very similar feel in terms of culture, and I love the walk-ability to parks and restaurants where I live.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
    27w, lettuce, but according to my sonogram last week, he's measuring at 28w.

17 months 

Went to my cousin's wedding yesterday and survived the early May Texas heat!

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    I'm still irritated that at said wedding, they didn't allow kids under 12 at the reception. Kind of a slap in the face to those few of us who have young kids, IMO.

We moved to Texas when I was 3, and now I've lived in multiple parts of the state and they are all so different. The hardest move was in the middle of 7th grade, dealing with transitioning from a small private school to a bigger public school.
    I don't see myself ever moving out of Texas, I love it here, despite the heat.
  • Allycat11Allycat11 member
    edited May 2019
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 24w3d
    How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD6 DS3
    Nails and fails from this week: fail- I am useless around the house right now. Between pneumonia, ear infection, morning sickness and my body feeling like it has been hit by a truck I have no desire to do anything. 
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    I live in the same state but 3 hours away from where I grew up. The area where I was raised has a faster pace of life. Out here pace of life is slower, people are nice and it is a cute small ish town. The hardest thing about moving here was making true friendships. This is a town where many people never leave and often many generations of one family all live fairly close. As a result people have had the same friends for decades and spend a lot of time with family. When DD started preschool it got easier and every year since then our circle expands. The first couple years of her life were really lonely though.

Edit: also living in a small town makes it harder to avoid exes or people you may not care for. DH's ex gf has a daughter in DD's kindergarten class. Over the past couple months they have been getting pretty close, so there is a good chance we will eventually see eachother more than we already do.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @mia8263 it drives me crazy when people have a gender preference for someone else's baby! DH and I have never cared about our baby's gender. We have been saying the only reason we are glad to have one of each is because we don't deal with comments like "well it better be a ___ this time!" Or assumptions that we are trying for a specific gender. When I was pregnant with DS MIL kept telling me it better be a boy because we needed a miniature version of DH running around. She got her wish but we would have been just as excited for DD to have a sister. This pregnancy no one has voiced an opinion about gender thankfully. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• How far along are you?  25+2
    How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD1 turns 5 in 2 weeks and DD2 turns 2.5 in 4 weeks
    Nails and fails from this week: Nail: had a nice weekend away with DH. Fail: missed DD1s tball game last night cuz i was in the ER and it ended up being nothing. Well, suspected to be nothing I guess is a better way to describe it. Still waiting on any actual results.
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm ridiculously tired. MIL comes to town tomorrow and is already stressing me out.
    GTKY: Do you live in the same country/state that you grew up in? If so, what do you love about it? I live in the same city I grew up in. It's a small-ish city (its grown a lot since I've been alive) and very military focused. I love that there is basically no traffic, its wide open here so you can literally see mountain ranges all around for a hundred miles, and the weather is pretty awesome. It gets hot (it is AZ after all) but you get used to it. One potential negative is that there arent that many places to work in certain fields, and unless you are in those limited fields, the other jobs are mostly service jobs. DH, my mom, and myself all work in one of those limited fields...and we all work at the same place...in the same building. I love it, but many people dont want to work that close to family lol.

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• mkrelmkrel member
    edited May 2019
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 27+3 Bunch of bananas

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD 22 months

Nails and fails from this week: Nail: I'm finally feeling better. Fail: I keep eating junk

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm starting to get anxious about having a newborn again.  I loved it with my daughter, but I didn't have another kid to worry about.  The thought of not being able to spend as much time with my daughter just breaks my heart, and I hope the transition goes well.   

GTKY: Do you live in the same country/state that you grew up in? If so, what do you love about it? If not, what was the most difficult adjustment of moving to the new place?  Nope, I wanted out and left right after graduating college. I personally couldn't imagine living my entire life in the same place.  The hardest thing about moving away was losing friendships.  
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    @Allycat11 ugh that’s all I hear all day long is ‘it better be a girl this time!’ Or ‘oh I want it to be a little girl so bad!’ Why can’t you want it to be a healthy baby? I made 2 perfect little boys already why can’t you say I hope it’s healthy!’ Thanks for feeling my pain lol I hope you feel better soon! 
  • How far along are you?  25w5d
    How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD1 will be 3 on July 1
    Nails and fails from this week: Nail: *TMI* I've had 3 good BMs in the last 4 days *TMI end* Anyone who's been following my complaints, this is a huge win. Fail: I didn't notice - until she was waking up at 5:45-6:00 for almost a week - that DD1's bedtime got pushed out to the point that she now wakes up unreasonably early for our schedule. 
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I think I've *finally* solved my issues with not being able to fall back asleep within a decent amount of time after mid-sleep bathroom breaks: I've pulled out my anxiety blanket and sleep with that and the Snoogle. It was HEAVENLY last night. First time in almost a week where I was able to fall right back asleep. Definitely going to be repeating to make sure it's not a fluke.
    GTKY: Do you live in the same country/state that you grew up in? If so, what do you love about it? I am an Army Brat, so I "grew" up a little bit of everywhere (mostly US). Since my mom - who was a single mom for most of her military career - is from New England (RI), I would say that's the most consistent place I've spent time growing up and I claim that as my "home." I've lived in the same town now for nearly 17 years (almost half my life) in the South that is very different from what I grew up with; that being said, being a Brat really helped me keep a foot in both worlds and I feel both are home to me now. The strange thing about this town is it does kind of remind me of my "hometown" in that it's a small city/large town and is a short drive to the ocean - so plenty of tourists coming through and a lot of industry that brings in transplants. And in the last decade or so, they've been easing up on their Blue Laws so I'm pretty pumped about that ... and I believe it's come a long way (with plenty of progress yet to be made) from when I first moved here, as far as racial and socioeconomic issues. But the weather - and most of the food! - is fabulous and the cost-of-living can't be beat. So we're pretty much here unless some dream job comes open somewhere else, closer to family (which would be a nice change), we're going to be here for a while.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @mamak225 I think I pee in my sleep....sometimes it takes a while to gal back asleep but the other morning the sink was running (more than a trickle but not full blast) 🙈 I had no recollection but I must have not turned off the tap after washing my hands lol

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016