October 2019 Moms
Options

Game of Thrones 5/5 * SPOILERS *

CAUTION: SPOILERS AHEAD....... 

Recap anyone? Were you expecting that ending?   Actually I thought Tyrion would start walking back and Cersei would shoot him with an arrow.  He already tried getting to her via the mother emotions before and it didn't work, so I was not expecting anything to change. 

Other thoughts - Danny was foolish to rush into action and did not thoroughly plan things out.  What was she thinking to casually bring the dragons around to the castle without scoping things out?  

I think Danny is more pissed that she lost the sexual hold she had on Jon ha - I knew Sansa would not keep her word- curious to see what she does next. 

I also was not surprised about Jamie and Brienne- sexual tension has been building there forever.  I wonder now will he run back to Cersei to defend her once again or was he going back to finally stand against her?  I'm leaning towards fighting against her. 

Re: Game of Thrones 5/5 * SPOILERS *

• Options
    @jal88144 I had all the same thoughts as you.  I was expecting more action in this episode but I still think it set us up for two good episodes coming up.  Devastated about Missandei’s death... Grey Worm’s reaction!  😭
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    Dany is being way foolish with her actions, and for once I agree with Varys (and I don't completely trust either of them). She's getting too irrational.

I KNEW Jamie was going to do that to Brienne!!! From the start I said no way its not a good idea she doesn't deserve him, my heart broke for her so bad last night. I wish he just would have let Tormund go get her (though he might have done the same thing).

The two things that upset me the most was 1) The dragon death scene, even though I saw it coming it was still brutal 2)Jon couldn't at least hug his dog goodbye? Like he was whimpering for god sake, give the baby some pets will you!! (I have a soft spots for animals can you tell? lol)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gasped when Viserion was hit. But then realized that things were going too well so of course something would happen. 

And I honestly though when Missandei said "dracarys" that Drogon would come in and let the fire rain down.

Watching this show while pregnant is intense. haha
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Options
    You guys, I cried like a baby when Viserion died. And I could not stop crying. Like I just sat there, leaking tears for the rest of the episode. It was hilarious because I knew it was an over the top reaction but I literally couldn’t stop. 

Also, I think they should have had Cersei kill Tyrion. It would have been devastating but man would it have been a great story arc. 

This is was a great episode. Now the question is - is Dany a Mad Queen after everything she’s been through? Or will she somehow see reason and not kill all those people??

i can’t effing believe there are only two episodes left!!!
  • Options
    You guys, I cried like a baby when Viserion died. And I could not stop crying. Like I just sat there, leaking tears for the rest of the episode. It was hilarious because I knew it was an over the top reaction but I literally couldn’t stop. 

Also, I think they should have had Cersei kill Tyrion. It would have been devastating but man would it have been a great story arc. 

This is was a great episode. Now the question is - is Dany a Mad Queen after everything she’s been through? Or will she somehow see reason and not kill all those people??

i can’t effing believe there are only two episodes left!!!
    I was convinced Cersei was going to shoot Tyrion. 

And I really think they are setting Dany up to be the Mad Queen so when she dies everyone is like "meh."
    She's really power hungry the last few episodes. 
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Options
    @nachellebeck13 I agree, and it kind of bums me out! I get why it’s a logical place to take the story, but I’m kind of hoping they do a last minute beer off of that course.
  • Options
    jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited May 2019
    Double post, ignore please!
  • Options
    What is even happening this season?! It feels like the characters aren't acting like themselves and it's partly because there is no more source material. I 100% believe that Cersei is going to kill Tyrion. Especially because a few episodes ago he was like, "I'm just glad that Cersei didn't get the chance to kill me!" Well, now that you've said that...
    I also (sadly) haven't trusted Dany for awhile. And it has nothing to do with that Starbucks cup she had at the celebration scene.
    Jon not petting Ghost will be forgiven because I am praying that the dire wolf will show up and battle in one of the last two episodes and then Jon will not be a total twat to him.
    I'm sad about the deaths of Missandei and Rhaegal. I read one thread that said it would have been more in keeping with Missandei's character to jump to her own death and not give Cersei the satisfaction in killing her. I could see that. It just sucks that she started and ended her story in chains. A really shitty thing to do in general, but especially for one of our few characters of color.
    I'm really hoping that these last two episodes deliver. I need to watch them now!
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @jal88144 I had all the same thoughts as you.  I was expecting more action in this episode but I still think it set us up for two good episodes coming up.  Devastated about Missandei’s death... Grey Worm’s reaction!  😭
    horrible!  :'(
  • Options
    @elle-0409 I just had to google what you were talking about. Omg the starbucks cup lol, so bad 
  • Options
    jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited May 2019
    elle-0409 said:
    What is even happening this season?! It feels like the characters aren't acting like themselves and it's partly because there is no more source material. I 100% believe that Cersei is going to kill Tyrion. Especially because a few episodes ago he was like, "I'm just glad that Cersei didn't get the chance to kill me!" Well, now that you've said that...
    I also (sadly) haven't trusted Dany for awhile. And it has nothing to do with that Starbucks cup she had at the celebration scene.
    Jon not petting Ghost will be forgiven because I am praying that the dire wolf will show up and battle in one of the last two episodes and then Jon will not be a total twat to him.
    I'm sad about the deaths of Missandei and Rhaegal. I read one thread that said it would have been more in keeping with Missandei's character to jump to her own death and not give Cersei the satisfaction in killing her. I could see that. It just sucks that she started and ended her story in chains. A really shitty thing to do in general, but especially for one of our few characters of color.
    I'm really hoping that these last two episodes deliver. I need to watch them now!
    Oh lord it was Rhaegal. My brain is not functioning! I agree that the characters seem to have slipped some - I was telling my husband last night that I think it’s because they had so few episodes to try to bring all of the story arcs home, so things seem a bit forced. I’m still enjoying the hell out of every episode, but not everything tracks as it should. 

ETA autocorrect sucks
  • Options
    elle-0409elle-0409 member
    edited May 2019
    Coffee cup in spoiler:

TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    I totally did not see the cup when I was watching but wow... 

DH was upset about the harpoons being able to decimate those ships... he couldn't get over it and said that it was impossible. lol men... it's a show, darn it. 

Not sure where GOT is going with these last few episodes. I'm trying to hold out hope that the series ends in a way we can be glad about.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    DH was upset about the harpoons being able to decimate those ships... he couldn't get over it and said that it was impossible. lol men... it's a show, darn it.
    The tactics/battle is all my husband complained about lol. He didn't have a problem with the harpoons, he didn't understand why they just didn't over take Dragons' Reach before hand, OR why Cersei didn't just use them when Dany and her crew were at the gates.
  • Options
    Cass005 said:
    The tactics/battle is all my husband complained about lol. He didn't have a problem with the harpoons, he didn't understand why they just didn't over take Dragons' Reach before hand, OR why Cersei didn't just use them when Dany and her crew were at the gates.
    Tell me about it. MH ranted at me for TWENTY mins last week about the terrible battles plans and/or inaccuracy compared to actual feudal warfare...*eye roll intensifies*
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    marbellie said:
    Tell me about it. MH ranted at me for TWENTY mins last week about the terrible battles plans and/or inaccuracy compared to actual feudal warfare...*eye roll intensifies*
    OMG mine did too, at bed time too! My nausea had hit and I just wanted to tell him to be quiet lol
  • Options
    I was MIA today and couldn't chime in here, but I FINALLY found some coworkers who watch so I got to debrief with them. Agree that Dany is turning into the Mad Queen, which I am not sure I like that direction. These last episodes are moving so fast! I can't believe all they have to wrap up in only two more episodes. Also, whoever said Missandei should have jumped instead, YES! I am still shocked that we've barely lost any of the A-list characters. The shock value isn't really there this season for me--Red Wedding shock, Ned Stark shock. (Of course I am still totally hooked.) ...Also, I did not like that Jamie and Brienne got together. Why do they feel like they need to pair everyone off? That whole storyline cheapened the friendship between J and B.  
  • Options
    It’s interesting how many people didn’t like the Brienne/Jamie plot! I didn’t mind it actually. I would have rather had her choose Tormund but I think they did what they did as part of Jamie’s redemption arc - it shows him waking up more and more. I don’t think he left to help Cersei, he just pretended that was why. He left to kill Cersei, or at least try to. Just my theory!
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    It’s interesting how many people didn’t like the Brienne/Jamie plot! I didn’t mind it actually. I would have rather had her choose Tormund but I think they did what they did as part of Jamie’s redemption arc - it shows him waking up more and more. I don’t think he left to help Cersei, he just pretended that was why. He left to kill Cersei, or at least try to. Just my theory!
    As much as I would love to see Brienne have someone to love, I didn't trust Jamie with her. She may be strong but I think she's very vulnerable too with her feelings.

That's an interesting perspective on the real reason why J left, I could see him doing something like that.
  • Options
    I love the Brienne/Jaime story line, but my husband thought it was weird. As they were preparing to *ahem* spend quality time together, I yelled out, "Yay!" while he kind of cringed. Brienne had developed feelings for him seasons ago, so I always kind of hoped that they would hook up. And I definitely believe that he's going to try and defeat Cersei.
    Is it Sunday yet???
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• Options
    elle-0409 said:
    I love the Brienne/Jaime story line, but my husband thought it was weird. As they were preparing to *ahem* spend quality time together, I yelled out, "Yay!" while he kind of cringed. Brienne had developed feelings for him seasons ago, so I always kind of hoped that they would hook up. And I definitely believe that he's going to try and defeat Cersei.
    Is it Sunday yet???
    @elle-0409 same! Also, I said at the beginning of the episode "there's sexual tension between them and she's in love with him" and my (guy) friend cringed and didn't believe me. I thought it was so crazy that all of the clues dropped throughout the seasons went completely over his head. I candidly think it's because she's not feminine so he didn't see it even in the realm of possibility.
  • Options
    elle-0409elle-0409 member
    edited May 2019
    @marbellie Ugh, I think you’re right. Because she is not as “pretty” as he is (because come on, Jaime is a pretty guy) it was more awkward for the men. (Hashtag Not All Men.) But when it’s a delicate woman with a monster truck guy, there isn’t a problem. At least that’s my take on why some people were uncomfortable. 
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• Options
    elle-0409 said:
    @marbellie Ugh, I think you’re right. Because she is not as “pretty” as he is (because come on, Jaime is a pretty guy) it was more awkward for the men. (Hashtag Not All Men.) But when it’s a delicate woman with a monster truck guy, there isn’t a problem. At least that’s my take on why some people were uncomfortable. 
    AGREED
  • Options
    elle-0409 said:
    Totally this! My husband said it was awkward and I think it was for this exact reason. Ridiculous, but what can ya do?