July 2019 Moms

Third Tri Symptoms

We're all getting closer. Here's our last thread to complain or ask about symptoms you may be having as the babies get bigger, we all get bitchier, and we start to question whether it's labor or not. Let the mind games begin!

Re: Third Tri Symptoms

• What are you doing to manage back pain? Tylenol isn't cutting it this time around.
  • @ketomommy Some comfort measures have been using my u-shaped pregnancy pillow on the couch and doing pilates roll-down/roll-up standing movements. But the biggest difference has been in trying to remember to engage my lower abdominals, keep my back straight and shoulders broad when I'm walking and standing a lot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ketomommy I've broken out my support band. I have this one from my first pregnancy, which doesn't look like it's available anymore but there are several that look similar. It doesn't help with my upper back pain, but helps immensely with lower back. I wear it under my clothes, it's pretty unnoticeable. As for upper back pain - scheduling a massage soon for arms/back/neck. 
  • This baby feels like she’s going to fall out, she’s so low. Kind of nice because I can breathe normally since she isn’t up high, but how in the world is she suppose to stay in there for another 6+ weeks!? I carried both of my boys super high, and never they never really dropped until I was in labor. Is it even possible for this baby to drop any lower!? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @nolemomma14 I'm in the same boat. Baby is so so low. I don't feel her like I did when DD dropped but seriously. I agree. How much lower can she get without actually starting to come out???

And I can't wait to be done with the nausea and vomiting. Gah. 
  • @hestia14 thats how pretty much all the time LOL!

a new thing that has started happening is like a shooting pain that feels like its coming from my bladder? I have no idea where its really coming from but feels like it goes from my bladder to my urethra. Not sure is LO is jumping on my bladder causing some sort of spasm or what. It's only happened about 3 times so I'm not trying to trip on it.
  • @hestia14 The heartburn is raging here too. I can't even drink water comfortably. DH says my stomach should just deal... as he snacks on hot fries.  :/
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    OMG the constipation. I thought I was being spared this pregnancy but here we are again. Advice welcomed.
  • @cbeanz Colace, colace, colace, and all the water you can drink without feeling sick. 
  • @Cbeanz Colace (I take 2 at night and 1 in the morning), I was okayed to take Senekot IF it got bad (my thoughts on bad are not going for 5 days.) My mom gave me some flaxseed oil pills and I started taking that. I think it’s helped! I’m also eating activia once a day. Prunes and apricots work as well, but they can cause cramping for me. I’m seriously trying everything. I’m at the point where you can see in my weekly bump picture when I’m full of shit and when I’m not. See picture below! 

• I’ve never had bad skin during any pregnancy.
    now nearing 32 weeks with this 3rd pregnancy (1st boy) and my forehead looks worse than when I was in high school 😢 I woke up this morning to a million blemishes/pimple/something  on my forehead and want to cry 
  • acgxacgx member
    My SPD and sciatica are maybe not worse, but more frequent/consistent. I'm walking slower than my grandmother. I also can only get comfortable if I'm sitting straight up or completely laying down. Any suggestions on how to lounge on the couch comfortably??
  • +1 on the Charley horse, the belly getting in the way of dishes and cooking, and the constipation until i got the flu this weekend. Plus I stink. So bad, like all of me! I need to go get in the shower, but I'm so sore and tired i can't get out of bed. 
  • hakelehakele member
    @Ashers423 Me, too! I'm breaking out so much! I'm crabby about it. I feel like my face is back in high school.... 

I don't have a lot of craziness going on right now and I'm just counting my blessings. Heartburn has been under control thanks to watching when, how much, and what I'm eating. 
    She's kicking around and having a party in there. 
  • I'm having some acid reflux/heartburn every now and again. So much sweating. I also have this random bump/lump right under my c-section scar that hurts to touch. I'm thinking it's from the constant sweating
  • Has anyone noticed a lot of changes in their vaginal discharge? 
  • geoduck21geoduck21 member
    edited May 2019
    @jennm0724, I remember shooting pain associated with cervical softening, which started about a month before he was born. There could be other reasons, too. 
    Re: constipation, I didn't have any with my first, but have a few times this time. Reducing cheese to let than half a serving a day and eating dried apricots/prunes if I have more has helped, and I take magnesium calm before bed every night (also helps with cramping and restlessness). Tons of water. 
    I just feel gross and miserable some days, I think maybe when baby is squishing my intestines more. Reflux isn't constant, but is bad. Still having nausea and vomiting some days. The insomnia is annoying.
  • I had to get on prilosec for my heartburn it was so bad. Since I started it a month ago things have been better. 
  • @foodislove I still eat the hot fries... And pay greatly for it 🔥🐉🐲
    I can't help it!
    Anyone else's baby cracking loudly? My son did it like once but this girl is cracking everything. And she's so high she rubs my ribs constantly and also kicks my hip bones. I can't put my son in his crib right since we had to lower the mattress and my stomach is so big, I've been gently tossing him in there 😂
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• @jennm0724 - this is called lightning crotch  :p
  • @cb123391 I’ve noticed an increase in vaginal discharge in the past couple of weeks
  • @nolemomma14 I had a good bit earlier tonight and it kinda looked like my mucous plug but there wasn't a whole lot of it. I feel like I'm being paranoid but with twins ya never know I guess. 
  • cindlercindler member
    +1 to increased discharge. Makes sex great, though!
  • Alllll the braxton hicks. I had a bleeding episode last Sunday and was 1 cm dilated. They said that I was having contractions the entire 7 hours I was at labor and delivery but no pain. Ever since, I feel like I've had braxton hicks all day, every day. Anyone else have a cervix check yet?
  • @cindler that's why I'm paranoid actually!! Dh and I had sex last night for the first time in weeks and now this 
  • @cb123391 I started losing my mucus plug pretty early on with my first, and still went to 39+4 before having him. It can regenerate. My dr told me if there’s ever a bloody discharge, to call them right away, but otherwise probably fine. If you’re worried at all though, I would call the nurses line, they can always answer any questions you have
  • I got the WORST charlie horse in my calf while sleeping on Saturday night. It’s Monday. I can still feel it. 

Ugh, I get the days-long charlie horses too :( Have you tried a heating pad? I sat on the recliner with a heating pad under my calves for an hour and the ache was completely gone the next day.
  • tova24tova24 member
    +1 for Charlie horses. I swear if I move my legs a certain way when I’m sleeping they just happen. I end up screaming and my husband frantically starts massaging them. Poor guy gets zero sleep between the toddler who randomly decides to wake up and the screaming wife 😂
  • @CBeanz weird suggestion for constipation relief...do you have a chair in your house with a concave seat? Or maybe you can sit in a flat chair with a folded towel under each leg--enough to raise each leg not even an inch. The office chair in my house is a little bit concave and I'm pretty sure sitting in that position stimulates bowel movements. DH and I call it "the poop chair." Results in 5-10 minutes every time! :D 
  • scp2585scp2585 member
    ALL THE DIGESTION RELATED COMPLAINTS. 
    I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and I just feel like he is making me extra gassy, constant hiccups, bloat for days, and so, so much poop. 🙊🙊
    I just want to enjoy a meal, a meal of anything, without feeling uncomfortable for the next 2 hours! 
  • @ketomommy - I think I have a weird, specific back pain that is somehow related to heartburn. My TENS unit makes all. the. difference. You can get an inexpensive one for $25 or so, and I think it would be worth a try!

@tova24 @jenniferjoy37 - With my first two, I would always get a charlie horse when I stretched my legs and pointed my toes. I am older and wiser (and can feel them coming now) and I immediately flex my feet back the other way. It stops the cramping in its tracks! 

@Ashers423 - I have had similar pregnancies all 3 times (boy, girl, current surprise), and the ONLY difference I can pinpoint is my complexion. It was bad enough with my first (boy) that I started on UnBlemish. That's also what leads me to believe this baby will be another girl, since my skin has been OK.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    Ashers423 said:
    I’ve never had bad skin during any pregnancy.
    now nearing 32 weeks with this 3rd pregnancy (1st boy) and my forehead looks worse than when I was in high school 😢 I woke up this morning to a million blemishes/pimple/something  on my forehead and want to cry 

I had some acne with my previous 3 pregnancies but never anything this bad. Team green here so who knows!
  • @hestia14 I’m going to have to try this! Thanks for the tip! 

@nerdtoyourmother  I feel like I can feel them coming too, but I’m half asleep and by the time I know it’s coming, it’s already there... I’ll have to try it too though when I can feel it coming! Thanks! 

• hakelehakele member
    @nerdtoyourmother
    im having a girl and breaking out like cray
  • @indulgentgypsy +1 to the smelling. My underarm odor was AWFUL during 1st tri, fine for awhile, but now is back with a vengeance, and NONE of the aluminum free deodorants seem to do a thing.

Swelling has also shown up big and fast this week, but probably also cuz I was on a plane and did more walking than I’ve done most of this pregnancy. Need to order compression something before my next trip, but right now the main shoes that fit are sandals, so idk what to do...

Last thing is the ongoing constipation. Sounds like I need to try colace...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • More than anything, I’m just pretty uncomfortable and that’s my biggest complaint. Can’t get comfortable to sleep, constantly running to pee, and anything I stand up and do too much “bending” activity... cleaning up after DS, dishes, etc... I get extremely out of breath and dizzy. I think it might just be my lungs being squished and I don’t notice it affecting my breath until I start seeing stars. 

For those experiencing acne, I noticed mine was waaaay worse with my son. Having a girl this go around and it’s been much more manageable. I’m thinking it might not be related to gender as much as we think. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Just some rough heartburn. I've continued to do the small meals and avoiding certain foods that'll cause it but not seeing a difference quite yet.

I was breaking out like crazy the first few months so I thought it was a girl (more so everyone told me that since I was breaking out it was a girl) but I am having a boy and it has cleared up which I'm thankful for. I've had super bad chest and back acne though, which isn't something I've had before getting pregnant.
  • @mamahmh2 I completely agree with your idea about acne/gender. With DD, I had horrible acne, like going to get acne facials every 2-3 weeks. Now, pregnant with this boy, I have amazing skin! I joke that my daughter stole all my beauty and my son is giving it back to me.