Infertility

IVF with donor eggs

Re: IVF with donor eggs

• Hi everyone. I just got the results of some genetic testing and found out that my AMH issues stem from the fact that I tested positive for Fragile X syndrome. Does anyone else here have experience with this? We have been considering using DE and it seems like it’s our best choice given this result. 
  • @knottie7777!!!!! Yes girl!!!!  Amazing beta #2!!!!    I simply could not be more thrilled for you!!   
    Backing up a moment, hello all! I’m usually over with the DOR ladies but I have been lurking for a little while here but not very regularly:)

Hopeful! (Aka knottie7777) it’s me! Other hopeful! Lol now we can just hang out in all the cyber corners of the internet!  I just read through the last couple days and realized this is obviously you:) I’m cheering you on from all angles!!!

i hope you ladies don’t mind if I join in on this thread:)  I have a donor on hold and I’m checking off all the boxes so that I can hopefully get started on my first donor egg IVF cycle!   I’m totally terrified because I have Hashimoto but trying to tell myself this will be different...

@JamiehH2000 Hi friend!   I’ve been terrible at keeping up with things because I’ve been absolutely slammed at work with a new product launch.  how are you?? How is your beautiful baby boy?  
    Me: Hashimoto Autoimune Disease
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    DOR - AMH  .27 High FSH (don't even know how high)
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 1 -3 made it do day 5!    2 5AA 1 6BB  PGS results =  all abnormal :(
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 5 - Canceled -  looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 6 - 3 mature, 2 fertalized 1 made it to day 5 and sent for PGS

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    FET#2 - PGS normal boy - BFN
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
    1st transfer - chemical pregnancy
    2nd transfer - success, May 17 2020 due date!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lucyb1954- I don’t believe any of us here have fragile x, but I am familiar with it. That’s a hard diagnosis :( I think DE is a great option given your situation. It’s a grieving process but so many of us have had success this way and have no regrets!

@hopefuljj- so excited for you to be moving forward! I hope things keep moving quickly! Baby boy is doing good- gaining weight everyday :) I can’t wait to keep up with your journey 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @knottie7777 That second beta is awesome! Do you go in for an ultrasound next?

Welcome @lucyb1954 and @hopefuljj !

AFM, it's been a tough week here. I had a transvaginal ultrasound as part of my regular BRCA1 cancer screening, and they found a "structure" in the outer wall of my uterus. Its most likely a fibroid, but could be something else. My doctor is consulting with some other gyn oncologists and my RE to figure out how best to sort things out. Assuming its a fibroid, this almost certainly pushes our timeline out another 3-6 months.... If its not a fibroid, that might pull me out of the running all together. Feeling super frustrated and anxious. Fingers crossed for fibroids! (ha - never thought I'd say that in my life!)
  • @hopefuljj too funny ! We can be friends on every website ahahhaha. Love it 

@avocado4one I go for one more blood test on Thursday and then they will schedule ultrasound after that , right around 7/7.5 weeks . Hopefully then I’ll officially graduate the fertility clinic . I hope your issue is a fibroid or something that won’t cause you any delays ! That’s what happened to me , stupid fibroids but at least once they are gone , it definitely helps , the delays are just awful though , keeping my fingers crossed for you . 
  • lucyb1954 - Sorry, I don't have experience with Fragile X.  Have you had a chance to talk to your RE about what this means and if his/her rec is DE as a result?  Also with regard to your question about how we each made the decision, it was a long and emotional road. My husband was firmly on board with DE very early on when it became apparent that something was up with my egg quality, so the fact that he was pushing for it made the decision somewhat easier for me. I still sometimes question "what if" (what if i had tried just one more cycle with my own eggs, what if I had tried yet another RE, etc.) and this is even though I have a sweet baby boy as a result of DE.  I don't have doubts or regrets, I just always second guess everything since it's such an unusual path we ended up on. We still have not told out family members; we will, the time just has never been quite right. There is just a lot to think about. That said, after the years of bullshit results and failures and losses, it was SO wonderful to finally have something go our way and feel so "easy" ya know? And when I hold my son now I'm not thinking about how he was conceived, I'm just grateful that he's finally here. Sure there's a chance that he might want to seek out his donor one day, and it's something I definitely think about, but I trust that DH and I are going to do everything we can to be a good parents and to raise a loving and compassionate kid who appreciates the struggle that we went though and is grateful that we brought him into this world even if I needed some help to make that to happen. 

avocado4one - Ugh, how frustrating.  Sorry about the potential delay, I know how terrible they are, but I'm glad they caught whatever it may be on the front end. Any update? 

hopefuljj - Welcome, glad to have another girl on here to root for!  Do you have a general timeline yet or no? 
  • Thank you @c-town18 !! I so appreciate it:) right now my donor is waiting for cycle to start because my clinic needs her to get bloodwork. I assume this is to get an up to date AMH and FSH #.  They told me she expects it this week. Which feels sorta weird because i will be getting AF this week to.  So so strange! But then as far as I know based on that bloodwork being good, then they schedule her trip for the inperson medical workup and psychiatric evaluation.  I was so so distracted with an out of control all consuming work situation that had me constantly beyond busy and now before the dust has barely settled I’m like, wait, what’s happening, what’s the plan and the timeline and come on let’s grt this party started!!  So I need to remember that I’ve gottrn extremely good at this waiting game and I just need to chill!  

@avocado4one oh my gosh, that sounds so scary! I’m sure everything will be fine...I’m hoping for a fibroid too(as rediculous as that sounds) so you have any updates? Have they come back with any next steps or testing options to diagnose?   I swear the road blocks on this dang journey.....ugh.

@lucyb1954 oh gosh I’m very sorry about the fragile X diagnosis. Aside from doing IVF with PGS/D donor egg would be a great option if you are open to it.  I’m very sorry though that you got that news. 
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
  • avocado4oneavocado4one member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the support, everyone! Its been a bit of a rollercoaster week for sure. So far the follow up hasn't been very satisfying - I have an appointment with a gyn oncologist in late April. Until then, I'm on the bench. I'm going to need to learn to knit or something to get all this nervous energy out! Anyone need a new pair of socks or a scarf?!
    On the positive side, we did get the carrier screen stuff all sorted out and DH had his blood drawn earlier this week. So that piece is moving forward. We should get his results in ~ 2 weeks.

@knottie7777 How'd the beta go?

@rondah28 How's your cycle going?

@lucyb1954 We actually ended up on the DE route relatively quickly. After a year and half of failed IUIs and one round of IVF with my own eggs it became clear that egg quality was our main issue (due to some genetic issues). Our RE said that we might be able to get a good embryo, but it would likely take several more rounds of IVF to get one (just one!). Emotionally (and financially) we didn't feel like we could do that. I was on board with the idea of using DE a bit earlier than DH. After a lot of conversation though, we decided to give DE a try since it gives us the best chance at starting our family, while still allowing us to experience some aspects of parenthood that are important to us (e.g., being able to experience pregnancy is important to me, and having a genetic link to our children is important to DH).

@c-town18 You bring up an interesting point about not having told family yet - we haven't either! Our current plan is to bring it up if we end up pregnant.... I worry about this part a lot and have envisioned those conversations going in so many different directions. We've been really private re: all of our fertility issues (only my best friend and DH's brother know details). Its hard to know where to start those conversations!
  • @hopefuljj thanks! I’m hopeful we can start a family, whatever that looks like for us. We’re still waiting on some test results that will tell us how stable or unstable the mutation is and go from there. I’m not sure we’ll even be able to retrieve enough eggs for IVF. hope you’re doing well, I saw you on the AMH board and was following!

@avocado4one I’m trying to let my SO go through his own process too. He’s definitely someone who needs time and space to process even though I always want answers! How did your DH end up coming around? 

@c-town18 thanks for sharing:) are you trying for another with DE? Did you end up doing an anonymous donor or no? I think I’d like the child to be able to seek out their donor someday even if it would hurt or cause jealousy for me. 
  • Loloo @avocado4one I no joke did take up knitting!!!!  Right before my last transfer.  I swear it’s been a life saver! I totally recommend it!
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• lucyb1954 - Yes, we plan to transfer another in a year or maybe less. We have several PGS normal embryos frozen. We did an anonymous donor but I have photos of her and detailed profile information.

Another kind of crazy aspect of this to think about is with all of the 23 and Me and other genealogy websites (and even more that there will be in the future) it's pretty darn likely that a DE child would be able to find and contact half siblings later in life (children of other couples who used the same egg donor either before or afterwards).  
  • There’s a kid in my family (well kid, he’s 32) who was conceived with a sperm donor and pretty much everyone knows it except for him. I’m sure he’ll find out some day but it seems kind of awful not to tell him, especially now that he’s having his own kids and might want to know some of that genetic stuff. Do you have a plan for telling your kids? Directed at anyone on this board who feels okay responding to the question 🙂
  • We do plan on telling but I know it's easier said than done. There are all kinds of children's books that can facilitate the beginning of that discussion; I actually was just looking at some online. I think with all the genetic testing and genealogy websites that there are even just at this point, the likelihood that the child is going to find out one day anyways is pretty darn high. We met with a counselor at our fertility clinic early on in this process and she said the overwhelming recommendation in her field is to tell early and often in an age appropriate way. I want my son to know that it's just a part of his story and who he is (albeit private information) but it isn't some dark secret or something to be ashamed of.  
  • @avocado4one my third beta was good ! 6,847, so I go back for an my first ultrasound next week and if all goes well I’ll be discharged from my fertility doctor after almost 4 years !! 

@lucyb1954 we will likely do what ctown said and get the children’s books in order to introduce the idea and get into more details slowly as they get older so they grow up with the idea in their head instead of a big sit down reveal when they are older . Then they will always know and not think it’s weird or something to be ashamed of. 
  • He is perfect! Thank you so much for your response. I am in this limbo period of waiting for further genetic tests to determine my risks for OE. but I also read somewhere that even using DE you still pass on some genetic material to your child which I find reassuring. The more I contemplate this route the more I realize that what I truly want to pass on to a child is an experience and a relationship and not genes. I really mourn not being able to have the easy conception experience of others and I’m still in thatwhy me phase. But I’m so happy to learn of others experience and find that I am not alone. 
  • Hi everyone , I had my ultrasound and we were able to see heartbeat at 141 bpm ! So surreal , so I have been discharged from my fertility doctor almost 4 years , 7 IVF cycles with my own eggs , one donor egg transfer and 6 surgeries ! Craziness , onto my first OBGYN appointment next week . 
  • So exciting!!!!!!! All congratulations! I’m so happy for you, what a feeling ❤️
  • knottie7777 - AHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!  Fantastic news, I bet you are on cloud nine.  Make sure to keep us updated as you continue on!  
  • @knottie7777- soo happy for you!! You deserve this so much after everything you have been through!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Hi friends - checking back in to see how everyone is progressing. I have been dealing with some serious and sad stuff in my real life (one of my brothers passed away unexpectedly), so I am hoping that a couple of you can share good news to lift my spirits!

@knottie7777 Have you followed up with your OB/GYN yet? Will you be finding out the sex of the baby?
    @hopefuljj How are you doing? Have you gotten any more boxes checked off your list?
    @avocado4one I am sorry to hear of your setback - I seriously considered taking up knitting as well. I didn't in the end, but I did use those adult coloring books and found them to be a great distraction and time suck!
    @lucyb1954 I can say ditto to the reflections @c-town18 and @laurad75 have shared - I am mommy and this sweet girl is my baby. She would not be the same child without my contributions and our goal is for her to know about her background early so that it is never considered taboo. My friends and family know about our path to get here though honestly, most of them forget about the DE part. But I know how easy DNA information will be and I want to prevent any surprises or confusion in her future.
    I hear you on the mourning - that is real and should be faced, not ignored. It's tough to accept at first. And it's ok for you to go through a kind of grief for what you had planned/hoped. Where are you in your process now? Please keep us in the loop.

Wishing you all lots of luck as you continue moving forward. <3

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• @fivetimesnoluck thank you so much for the good wishes ❤️ I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. Many hugs to you, what a tragedy. My SO and I have decided to try a few mini IVF cycles and see what happens. My doctor is recommending mini because I’m DOR and she wants to focus on quality rather than quantity because we already know we’re not going to get a ton of eggs. My insurance will actually pay for PGD, so that’s really helpful. My chances aren’t great but I’m trying to be hopeful and realistic. DE is definitely a possibility for us. It’s scary to me but I’m going Day by day and I’ve been listening to some podcasts that interview women who used donor eggs and it’s really reassuring. A friend of a friend used donor eggs and I’m hoping she’ll sit down and have coffee with me. A lot of it is just processing the Fragile X diagnosis too, this whole thing has just hit me like a Mack truck. Many hugs also to you other amazing ladies @avocado4one and @knottie7777
  • @fivetimesnoluck I’m so sorry about your brother . Very sad to hear that 

I did go to my Ob appointment , love this doctor , he’s great ! He even gave me his cell phone number to text anytime I have questions. We did the screening blood test so will find out gender with that ! We are asking them to put in an envelope so we can do gender reveal, probably sometime in May . We may have envelope a few weeks ahead because we have vacation plans so party will be pushed a few weeks but that’s ok ! I’ll go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound and then after that we may tell our family and friends , so far just our parents know , I’m 10.5 weeks now🤗
  • @fivetimesnoluck I am so so so sorry for your loss! That is absolutely heartbreaking:( I hope you and your family are able to spend time with each other and begin to heal, although I know that kind of loss never truly heals. 

I’m just sitting here with delay after delay so just quietly following everyone:)    My donors 2nd attempt to fly to NY for the psych evaluation and in-person medical was also canceled. This time it was my clinic that canceled on her because the doctor who does the psych evaluation became unavailable...so another wait. This time 2 weeks not 3 so that’s better?  Can’t believe that no matter what route I go, Time is just gonna keep ticking and dragging along.

@laurad75 such a beautiful message!!!!  Gave me all the feels!

Hi @knottie7777   :) looking forward to your gender reveal!!!!!
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• edited April 2019
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I am starting a donor cycle shortly.

I know donor egg IVF is not usually covered with insurance, and we are paying a lot out of pocket for it. But I wanted to ask if anyone got any coverage for the frozen embryo transfer part with donor eggs? My insurance is saying they will cover it even with embryos from donor eggs but the doctors office is saying they wont authorize it because my FSH is not under 15. Which makes no sense to me because my FSH levels should be irrelevant in a donor cycle. 

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight regarding this.

thanks for your help. 
  • @casey301 my insurance covered the transfer part with no issues , the only thing I had to pay for was the fee to get the frozen eggs . I have united healthcare . Hope that helps !
  • edited April 2019
    @casey301 my insurance covered the transfer part with no issues , the only thing I had to pay for was the fee to get the frozen eggs . I have united healthcare . Hope that helps !

Thanks for your reply. Did your FSH matter? My doctors office is claiming my FSH has to be under 15 in order for insurance to cover frozen embryo transfer of donor egg. My fsh is 22. I dont understand how my FSH should matter in a donor transfer and I think they may be giving me incorrect info. 
  • Hi everyone. I just wanted to share an experience with y’all. On Friday I was having a really bad day. I had had an appointment with the RE and at baseline saw an AFC of 4. To be expected I guess. Anyway had lunch with a colleague and hadn’t planned on sharing but had been having such a bad day I couldn’t hide it. She has kids and just looked at me and said, “you know, I don’t feel at all like my connection with my kids has anything to do with genetics. I thought it would but they are just really their own people.” Anyway as someone who is still considering this route, it just happened to be what I needed to hear that day.
  • Hi @casey301 I have not yet done my donor egg transfer but my clinic did get the FET costs cleared as covered with my insurance and there was no discussion around my FSH.  That should absolutely not matter at all so I would ask them to look at that again.  I have found that my clinic often say things that don’t pertain to me when they forget that we’ve taken my own ovaries out of the equation.   I think they are just used to talking regular IVF so they forget.  I had to legit remind my doctor when we were talking through the pros and cons of something that it did not pertain to me since I was using donor eggs. And he was just like, oh my god, you are right, I’m sorry. 
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• @casey301 no I don’t think my FSH mattered , no one ever mentioned it so I don’t think that factored in at all . 
  • edited April 2019
    Edited
  • casey301 - My insurance covered a fresh donor cycle as if it was one of my own fresh cycles.  Nothing like FSH levels mattered.  I was told if I was going to do a frozen egg cycle I would have had to have paid the fee for the eggs then insurance would have provided coverage for the actual transfer as if it was with my own eggs. I have UHC and live in Illinois. I know a lot of the fertility coverage laws are state-specific.  I would do some looking online and see if your state has laws governing fertility coverage and see if there are any requirements when talking about donor eggs. 

lucyb1954 - Sorry to hear about your baseline but glad your colleague had those words of wisdom right when you needed to hear it.  Any update from you?  

hopefuljj - Ugh, sorry you keep having delays.  I had some serious donor delays too and it sucked.  Was she able to get in or still not yet? 
  • @c-town18 thank you so much for checking in ❤️ We’re starting an IVF cycle, my first, to try with OE. I’ve been on estrace for a little more than a week and I just feel so blue. Could be the whole situation but it’s been a rough week. I know my chances aren’t great but I’m trying to at least be a little hopeful and it’s hard. I’ve been reading a lot of. DE stories on IG for IAW and that has been helpful. Dang this stuff is hard though!
  • lucyb1954 - You have every reason to be hopeful!  Hey, if this is your first IVF cycle you have no idea how your body's going to respond, this might just work on the very first try ya know?  Don't count yourself out.  Sending positive vibes your way!  
  • Hi everyone - apologies for the radio silence. I think after this last set back, I just needed to step away from the baby stuff for a bit and clear my head. I saw my oncologist the other week, and am on the bench for a few more months. In short, they don't really know what the mass on my uterus is... its not a fibroid and they don't think its a sarcoma, so the plan is to wait a few months and image again to see if it changes any. My next round of imaging will be in late June.
  • @fivetimesnoluck so sorry to hear about your brother! I also lost my brother unexpectedly a few years back, so can relate to some of what you're going through. Sending lots of love to you and your family!

@lucyb1954 What DE podcasts are you listening to? I'd love to check them out! Good luck with your IVF cycle - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

@hopefuljj I hear ya with delay after delay - so frustrating! Any updates on your donor?

@casey301 Welcome! My insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments, so I can't offer much insight on that end. Hopefully you've been able to sort things out. When do you start your DE cycle?
  • avocado4one - I'm glad to hear you were able to step away from all this for a bit and clear your head. I know how physically, emotionally, and financially draining this all is. The setbacks and delays just suck, there is no two ways about it, but at least it sounds like you are using the time to regroup and take care of yourself. I hope you get some answers in June and are able to move forward then. 
  • Thank you so much for cheering me on everyone! It’s so hard when you keep hearing bad news to try and be hopeful but it helps me enormously to have you all cheering me on. @avocado4one I think the podcast I listened to was just an episode of the beat infertility podcast and it was an interview with someone who had both used an egg donor and worked at an egg bank. 
  • Hi everyone:) 
    @lucyb1954 wishing you soooo much luck with your cycle!! Being on estrace is hard. I did estrogen priming before every cycle of IVF I did and it really took a toll, hoping you will start to feel a little better soon.  IG is a great place to hang out and get inspired by DE stories:) and it doesn’t hurt to keep looking into plan B, it won’t have any impact on how your plan A works out.  Also don’t beat yourself up about not being hopeful or positive. Sometimes you just can’t. And that’s ok too!   How are you doing now?? 

@avocado4one I can not express how sorry I am that you are dealing with this uncertainty.  I hope that you get some information in June that gives you a solid plan on how to move forward.
    here are some donor egg podcast episodes I’ve come across 
    https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Concluding-the-Fertility-Journey-through-the-use-of-Frozen-Donor-Eggs

https://beatinfertility.co/poor-egg-quality-tonya-success/

https://beatinfertility.co/donor-eggs-lauren/

https://beatinfertility.co/dor-low-amh-jamie-success/my personal favorite...for obvious reasons @JamieH2000

https://beatinfertility.co/donor-eggs-sperm-embryos/

These are all the Fertility Podcast episodes around egg donor https://www.thefertilitypodcast.com/tag/egg-donation/

AFM donor was finally able to fly to NY and get cleared by my clinic.  She goes in for her baseline at the end of May.  I’m basically a ball of nerves and feel like after all of this money this isn’t my very last shot and if it doesn’t work I don’t know where I will be so trying to not think about it and stay in the moment.  Bu my like, I never stay in the moment so it is especially difficult to do so with this!   
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• Ugh staying in the moment is so hard. This whole process is just hurry up! Wait! Hurry up! Wait! And when you’ve already been waiting so long to have kids it’s awful. I feel for you and I’m pulling for you. Excited for your process to get going!