September 2019 Moms

UO/FFC Combo (Friday 5.3)

Bring on all the UOs / FFCs!!

Re: UO/FFC Combo (Friday 5.3)

• I don’t like fried foods. I feel nasty afterwards. And it doesn’t even taste that good!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cammie0526 That is AMAZING!  Wow.  Grocery shopping of the future!
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    We always have such tame FFFCs.... let's get a little wild!
    How about this: The first year of marriage was SUPER difficult. I hated it. Divorce was definitely floating around my mind. I never said it outloud to him or anyone else. It was definitely just me being restless. I'm so glad we made it out of that year. Things have been great for the last couple years and I love where we're at now. But damn that was hard.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 I had the same experience.  I didn't expect it at all since we'd been together for 10 years by that point, but that first year was ROUGH.  

Here's my wilder FFFC:  I've been fantasizing.  A lot.  About anyone and everyone besides DH.  I think it's my subconscious's way of dealing with the reality of being very much 100% committed to this relationship and family and having a body that no one is trying to go after for the next several months at least.  I would never cheat on him, but it's my outlet and I feel a little guilty about it.  
  • I am sexually aroused by the Night King  :#
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• I thought I was going to have to divorce DH because he was dragging his feet FOR YEARS about TTC. I was turning 31 and starting to freak the f*ck out about not being a mom or have kids at all. It took my BFF getting kinda-sorta-accidentally KU and me having a mental breakdown for him to finally go for it.

It honestly seemed like convincing him going for #2 was SO MUCH easier. And he was dead set on being one and done. 
  • mamaber2204mamaber2204 member
    edited May 2019
    @zuuls_mom I mean he is smokin' hot!  Have you seen the actor who plays him?  He's a sight for sore eyes!

Edited because I just looked the actor up and NOOOOO he's not.  I must have been thinking of another actor!!!  LOL
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @nomangos23 I feel the same way about most TTGP one-off posts. I joined TB thinking that's exactly what this place was. I had full intentions of posting a "why haven't we gotten pregnant yet" thread. And I would have if it weren't for the 2 day freeze on my account. I especially feel bad for the ones who get a BFP and post in the grad thread and then get flamed cause they haven't been on TB long enough. I get it. It stings. But just let them have their day/moment. Why take away their joy from a very special moment in their lives that they will remember forever. I've never responded to drive-bys because of that (besides that one who said she wanted to trick a man into having sex with her so she could get pregnant before the age of 35).
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @ljmoon6 Don't get me wrong, there are for sure some posts who deserved to get flamed! I love to sit back and watch the sh!tshow unfold 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @nomangos23 The first few weeks on TB I was appalled by the flaming... now I find it highly entertaining lol. And yes, some/most post deserve the flame, especially after they get butt hurt by the redirecting and/or scientific responses.
    *TW* TTC history

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @zuuls_mom Same! The Night King and the actor who plays him are both attractive. I saw a meme somewhere about how the Night King can poke them with his chin (referencing the poke them with the pointy end thing). It doesn't sound funny, but I literally died. Probably because I agree. 

@mamaber2204 Girl. I am right there with ya. I think it is for the same reason, too. Like woah, shit is getting real. I feel a little guilty because I haven't been the most affectionate to DH since becoming pregnant. 

@nomangos23 @LJMoon6 I feel the same as both of you. I definitely feel sympathy and sometimes think the flaming is too extreme. That being said, certain regulars have me rolling at their responses. It is definitely entertaining. 

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @mamaber2204 I just saw your edit. Have you seen the videos of him training? He is like a mixed martial artist or something and... damn... he looks good. Face, maybe not so much. 
  • @mamaber2204 Truth is, DH probably has fantasy dreams about cartoon characters! We feel guilt and shame, they dream of other women every night! Dream on, girlfriend! 
  • @mamaber2204 now I am curious to know who you were thinking of! The actor that plays him is not necessarily unattractive IMO, but not who I would consider hot lol. ALSO, I fantasize a LOT. It's just the way I've always been. I daydream a lot in general about everything. I know I would never cheat on H, but my mind just wanders lol. 

As for TB drama, I really only enjoy it when it's warranted! I do feel bad when some get flamed when you can tell they're actually struggling or when they're just excited and others get upset. BUT with that said, I love seeing someone get put in their place for being an asshole lol. Speaking of, there is a great thread in 1st Tri about someone not knowing the difference between their vagina and urethra. YIKES.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @kgg2241 @zuuls_mom @nomangos23 Thanks, ladies!  I feel a lot less guilty now.  I was starting to wonder if I was a sexual deviant.  Haha.  At this point I'd much rather daydream about various randos than do anything IRL with DH.  I can't find the video of the Night King training but I'm intrigued!  
  • Maybe we need to do a GTKY on who you fantasize about.  Could be very fun and interesting!  :)
  • My FFC is that I get annoyed by ladies who take birth plans over the top. I just can’t imagine being a doctor or nurse and being told how to do my job. Labor is unpredictable and I would just rather leave it up to the experts and get it over with. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @duewithpu2 Agreed!  I've seen fb posts about these elaborate plans typed in pretty font on colored paper and sprayed with perfume (ok, maybe that last part was exaggerated) and I'm like, ummm, are you a doctor?  No?  Ok, then.  I do think it's good to be informed about labor and the various methods and interventions and to have an idea of what you do and don't want (subject to emergency necessity), but if you're not flexible it leads to a LOT of heartache.  I have a friend who is in counseling 5 years later because of a super traumatic birth (both mom and baby survived and are healthy) that would not have been traumatic had she just listened to her doctor.  
  • @zuuls_mom I just looked up the Night King. He's a little bit frightening!
    @nomangos23 Aww your FFC is sweet! That's so nice of you.
    @duewithpu2 Ha, I’ve been telling everyone that my only birth plan is to get to the hospital and get an epidural as soon as possible. 

My FFC is that I like to sleep completely naked. Not looking forward to after the birth when I’m leaking fun stuff from all over and have to cover up. 
  • @cammie0526 girl put a towel or 2 down and let yourself leak. I would get so uncomfortable going 24/7 with breast pads and diaper sized pads that I didn’t care about ruining a few towels if it meant giving my body some time to breathe. 
  • @cammie0526 he's totally terrifying. I think it's his swagger in the episodes he's in that slightly revs my engine lol.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @zuuls_mom I am literally laughing out loud right now. Agreed. It's the swagger. I feel like I need to re-watch his sultry slow walk in the last episode. Also, yes, I realize that I sound crazy.  

And my face at this bodily fluid conversation. My FFFC is that I clearly have no idea what to expect postpartum. FTM probs. Maybe we need to start a postpartum care/expectations/advice thread or something. 

• @kgg2241 that’s probably a good idea! I’ve even thought about a “what they don’t tell you” thread. Like pregnancy nose, and that your newborn will have farts that sound like a grown man. 
  • @cammie0526 I'm a nude sleeper, too, and it really bummed me out to have to wear a sleeping bra for so long.  I wore one until DS was about 15 mos because I stopped fearing night time leaks (I nursed him until a couple of weeks ago).  Of course, now I'm having to wear it again because boob sweat causes an itchy rash without it (and the sock I stuff between the gals).  And did I mention the men's boxers I wear to avoid a heat rash between my thighs?  So sexy.  I'm also sad that by the time I can stop wearing a nursing bra after this babe, DS1 will be old enough to wander into our room unannounced, so I'll probably need to keep wearing some sort of clothing at night.  
  • I’m cracking up at you guys getting aroused at the night king. The night after the episode aired there was a guy in the office who had icy blue eyes and I literally though “ugh he’s probably going to be the night king in his next life I better get out of here”
  • Speaking of celebrity hotness, I'm watching Black Panther (in 30 minute segments because that's my life) and Michael B. Jordan.  Goodness gracious.  
  • This thread has me cracking up. You guys are the best! 

@duewithpu2 omg the farts like a grown man..I was out shopping with my DS when he was a few weeks old and his farts were so loud in the store. I was horrified that people thought it was me 😂
  • This thread is making my bad mood go away!

I pretty much want anyone but my husband these days! Oops, but I wouldn’t act on it! 

I just looked up the night king and I may have nightmares about him now😂

Oh nude sleeping.... until children are old enough to discover naked parents! I can’t sleep naked because then I have naked dreams of myself being in public that way! 

All of this talk is making me think of postpartum. Oh the bleeding and leaking 😭 We will all have to find the most comfortable pjs and pads and tell each other about them 

My weirdness is that I hate reading. I mean, I like reading some articles on my phone and learning new things all of the time, but I don’t know the last book I held in my hands. I have a lazy eye, and have always struggled to read smoothly for long periods of time. I found this out later in my 20’s and my eye doctor asked me how I got through my masters degree program. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just did! Now I read small increments of stuff at a time. Luckily children’s books are easy on my eyes (as I try to instill better reading habits for the next generation)! 

Oh and I get really stressed out when people ask me “favorite” questions. It makes me realize I’m very indecisive and have few favorite things in life.

• Will someone remind me what FFFC stands for? My brain is uncooperative. 

@mamaber2204 I swear Black Panther is cast entirely of ridiculously hot people. 

@duewithpu2 Ugh, birth plans. I get having preferences, I really really do. Not being medicated, delayed cord clamping, skin to skin right away, but there comes a point where you have to let professionals do their job. I freaking LOVE my OB. When I first brought up birth, she said, "Don't get your heart set on a specific plan. Our number 1 goal is a healthy baby and a living mama. Everything after that is icing." It really put the whole thing in perspective. 
  • My birth plan was simple and will remain the same:

1. I’d like to go vaginally and exhaust all routes for that as much as possible, but I’m fine with a c-section if that becomes necessary. 

2. I want to go as long as possible without an epidural and exhaust all other pain management first (because I like to be moving), but I want to be informed before the time comes that I would no longer be able to get one anymore. 

FFFC: I’m going to be seeing an ex at my brother’s wedding soon, and despite knowing I would neeeeever even think twice about being with him over my husband, I also really hope I look good or he sees my family and how happy I am, instead of just how huge I am while pregnant... soooo I should really go for a walk/jog today and do a little arm workout haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cheshyre319 FFFC: flame free Friday confession

Re: Birth plans. Not a good idea. They will set you up for disappointment if things don’t go perfectly. Healthy baby, healthy Mom is the #1 thing to remember.

My birth plan is basically the same as @sunshine2417!! 😎

@blitzybee Missed you!! 
  • @sunshine2417 that is also my birth plan! I also want to go as long as possible without being induced since I was induced at 40+2 last time. 

@blitzybee I don’t love reading either. I love reading articles, but to sit down with a book I just don’t have the attention span anymore. I used to read Harry Potter books in 1 sitting as a kid, but ain’t nobody got time for that now!

• @blitzybee I feel the same way about favorites and I feel lame when people talk about their passion in life (work or hobby). I'm like, well, I love what I do, but I don't have some thing that I'm obsessively into, so...?