July 2019 Moms
Options

Groups 3 and 4 Check-In: July 17-31 (Week of 4/29)

edited May 2019 in July 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? 

Re: Groups 3 and 4 Check-In: July 17-31 (Week of 4/29)

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/28W4D

Baby is the size of a(n): Pringles can

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: monthly checkup tomorrow

How are you feeling?: nauseous for some reason. It started today for the first time since first trimester, so I'm eating cafeteria soup for lunch instead of what I packed :/ 

Rants/Raves: 

Rant: I'm pretty sure my thighs outgrew my maternity jeans, so I was excited to wear my black dress pants to work today. I put them on this morning and they had shrunk in the wash! I'd told DH that the dryer was fine but I forgot that the tag said hang dry only. I'm so sick of nothing fitting me right :(

Rave: this is the best broccoli cheddar soup I've had in a long time. Good job, work cafeteria!

Questions: Has anyone else gotten third-tri nausea?

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? I'd expected swollen gums, but not searing pain when I eat sweets! At least it's keeping me somewhat healthier... 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28W 5D / July 17

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: OB on Wednesday. Had my second U/S to check on Placenta placement last week and waiting to hear results.

How are you feeling?: Good, pelvis and lower body still sore by end of day.

Rants/Raves:  I have to second @Hestia14 with clothes not fitting well anymore. I have one pair of maternity jeans that are too tight around the thighs and the belly band now. I remember this happening with these particular ones last pregnancy too but after week 30. UGH! It's still not warm enough for sundresses here. I'll be living in those by the end.

Questions: @hestia14 with my last baby I had some nausea around week 35-40 here and there.

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? The pelvis pain so early. I am going to see a pelvic floor physio soon and hopefully continue to see her postpartum. My pelvis really took a hit with my first and it's effecting me now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 27, 27w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): camping lantern

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: 1 hour test for GD next week

How are you feeling?: Alright, sleepy today and some annoying middle/upper back pain.

Rants/Raves:  Random rant, everything smells like beef jerky today. No idea why as I couldn't tell you the last time I had it, or even DH had it in the house. But I can smell it everywhere  :s Rave, DH made pasta pomodoro last night and it was delicious, and then I found out how much salt and butter it called for, a shit ton.

Questions: Does anyone know the max amount of TUMS you can take in a day? I'm not taking a lot, but when I look online I can't really find an answer and the med guide my doctor gave isn't helpful either.

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? I was expecting swelling, but wasn't thinking of it affecting my wrists. I feel like I have to adjust my FitBit three times a day.

@hestia14 @canuckmomma I cannot wait for it to get warmer for maxi dresses, it's still hit or miss with warmth here. I did buy a pair of dress pants from Kohl's that look like a nicer material but they're really just stretch yoga material with stitching that looks fancy, if anyone is interested

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27+6 / July 23, but planned induction for 37 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): camping lantern

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: I had my 28 week appt a week early last week but have to go get all my blood work plus glucola test done one day this week. 

How are you feeling?: I enjoy pregnancy during the day, but sleeping has gotten to be so uncomfortable! I do feel good otherwise though!

Rants/Raves: DS1 finally got to feel baby!! With an anterior placenta it's such a bummer that he can't feel/see the baby much at all. He keeps asking now if the baby is up and he can feel him/her. 

Questions: @hestia14 not me, but one of my best friends had worse nausea in third tri than first. Hope you feel better!

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? I haven't had any unexpected symptoms this time around that I can think of!

Also, PSA to those talking about clothing... I found a non-maternity cotton sundress at Walmart for $10 that is going to be perfect for the hot days coming. I don't usually buy clothing at Walmart but for $10 I couldn't pass it up. It also has pockets.

• Options
    @samanthak46 I wouldn't have more than 10 in a 24 hour period as suggested on the label. There are some health complications if you take too many. If you are finding you need more than that, you may need to add in other heartburn medications to work on making you comfortable. 
    My ER doc told me that taking Tums when pregnant was like putting a bandaid on an arterial bleed. It wasn't going to really be that effective. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 No nausea here, I'm sorry about your pants though :( It's hard enough not to fit into your regular clothes but having to deal with shrunken maternity clothes is cry inducing. 
    @samanthak46 I think maybe 4-6 was the max? I remember something about how you can take too much calcium, and tums are calcium carbonate, but I don't know the ins and outs. Once tums stops being so effective that you need to take it throughout the day, you may want to add in Zantac 75. 
    @ccmama3 That is so cute about your DS1, has he tried to interject on naming the baby? 
    @canuckmomma FX on your US results being favorable! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/19 - 28w+3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: 1st appt with new midwives on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Feeling ok, between acupuncture, chiro and pilates I've been lessening my hip pain. 

Rants/Raves:  A schoolmate of DS' is having a birthday park play and I kind of want to ditch it if he doesn't ask to go because there will be cupcakes and I cannot have any :( 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? The exhaustion. I don't remember being this run-down when I was pregnant with DS. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 29th/27 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: none until mid-May!

How are you feeling?: feeling the exhaustion coming but convincing me I can’t let myself be tired during my last week of the 2nd tri or I’ll never make it :)

Rants/Raves:  leaving for our babymoon Wednesday!! DD is coming too so a full family trip. Just want to go between the pool and the sea and soak up the sun and eat amazing Italian food (going to Capri)

Questions: anyone want to come to Capri to babysit DD for me? Haha just kidding but wishing I had unlimited budget and could travel with a nanny ;) maybe in another life!

Agree with others in growing out of maternity clothes!! I didn’t have this problem last time...I think I bought a size smaller of jeans this time around which was a mistake! I’ve more or less transitioned to dresses and leggings though which are more forgiving ;)

• Options
    @samanthak46 my bottle says 6 but they are extra strength. They actually specifically specify on Tums the limit per 24 hours for pregnant people, it’s just just different if it’s regular vs extra strength vs chewable which is what makes it hard to find online most likely and why we are all giving different answers :)

@hakele for now Tums still do it for me, even if it is likely just a placebo effect/very short term....I know that in the next few weeks that will change though...ugh not looking forward to it! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27 weeks 4 days, July 25th

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of bananas

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday My 28 week appointment, GD test, TDaP shot, breast pump prescription.

How are you feeling?:  pretty good. I do feel more tired whn i stand too long And can lose my breath at times lol. 

Rants/Raves:  Rave- I am feeling more pregnant every day and I love it.

Questions: nope.

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? I don’t know. I guess I didn’t expect the heavy feeling on my pelvis. Sometimes when he’s keeping, he feels like he’s so much heavier.

@hestia technically I’m not third tri for 3 more days but I feel nausea once in a while. It’s more of a wave though and settles quickly. 

• Options
    I'll have to come back later for the questions/comments.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18 for scheduled c-sec
    Baby is the size of a(n): ??? Dunno at this point, my kid's baby doll I think.
    Upcoming Appointments: Glucose on Wed.

How are you feeling?: Tired. Just... tired.

Rants/Raves: Rave is getting to see Endgame tomorrow - rant is probably having to pee at least twice during the movie.

Questions: n/a

Having to pee this much! I never had an issue with M, even up at the end, I never had to get up MOTN to go to the bathroom at all. This is just constant and has been. It's aggravating.

• Options
    @frenchbaby18 I wanna come to Capri! Did I mention I have a degree in Italian? So, you kind of need me I think... 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28+5 (I think, I'm starting to lose track.) 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: We have Labor Lab class on Thursday. No appointments for the next three weeks. 

How are you feeling?:  Ouchie. My body is so achy. I'm so tired of the hip pain. I just want to sleep without pain. This is the absolute worst. 

Rants/Raves:  Kind of an uneventful week. I posted over in the randoms about the continuing work on our bathroom. Not sure if it is a rave or a rant. I want it to be done because I feel like it is holding me back from making decisions and planning for the baby room. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting?  The hip pain. I just don't know what to do. I'm gonna be so happy when it doesn't hurt to sleep on my hip anymore.

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20 / 28+2

Baby is the size of a(n): echidna (side note - those are adorable!)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): baby girl

Upcoming Appointments: ob on Monday bday. Suppose I’ll find out about having to do the glucose testing then

How are you feeling?: pregnancy wise fine. Super grumpy these last few days though as everything seems to be going wrong with work/life plus im sick again with a gross cough and sore throat and am bitter I can’t take anything for them

Rants/Raves:  rant - see above. Rave - our shower invite went out and one of H’s friends went way over the top and immediately bought 8 (!!) things off our registry including our baby Bjorn bouncer. I’m actually surprised about how excited I am for it

Questions: when does the cold/sickness end...

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? Congestion! It’s basically the only pregnancy symptom I’ve had. I’ve had it throughout and had no idea that was a thing.

• Options
    @hakele definitely happy to have you - especially to exploit your language skills ;)

Do you still get to use your degree? Wasn’t it a double major? (Just curiosity as a fellow foreign language major :))
  • Options
    @finnflan I hope you like the bouncer! I would definitely put mine on the list of things I used the most - so easy to transport around to all rooms of the house and DD was always calm in it (ok “always” is a lie but usually :))
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Growth US on friday

How are you feeling?: Tired...havent been sleeping well for over a week now

Rants/Raves: Went to a friends baby shower over the weekend. It was a ton on fun and got me a bit more excited for mine.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? The extreame boob changes, i really didnt expect to be leaking during my second trimester. I feel like boobs should be talked about more, i feel totally uneducated about the changes they are going thru. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24th 27wk6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 28wk OB appointment today

How are you feeling?: Hip pain when I sleep is really getting the best of me. I get cramps or muscle strains it feels like when I try to roll over to my other side, so I have to use my feet to push up and then flip. Also heartburn is back this week along with its best bud reflux. Woke up choking 2 nights in a row on bile again. Not cool.

Rants/Raves:  Rant: Not a big rant, went on our babymoon trip this weekend to the beach, the weather wasn't great, was pretty cold so we didn't do a lot outside. The last night dinner didn't agree with me and I spent most of the middle of the night sitting in the bathroom wishing I was at home.

Rave: We are going to go see Endgame today after the doctors appointment! And we got someone to come and lay pavers in the backyard before the babyshower on the 18th!!

Questions: None really, I'm just trying to think of questions to ask my doctor this afternoon LOL. Make my appointment somewhat useful.

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? I have to echo the congestion, I had no idea I'd be stuffed up for 9 months. Or the amount of hip pain I feel at night.

• Options
    @hestia14 No nausea here, but the heartburn is definitely worsened almost overnight. Tums won't cut it. I'm on around 75mg of zantac a day and sometimes I take another dose midday. Smaller meals doesn't really seem to help sadly. :(

@finnflan Being sick while preggers is the worst, I am so so so sorry. Drown yourself in yummy warm soups and try some eucalyptus oil in your shower to help open up your sinus passages. Or put it in a hot bowl and put a towel over your head to breathe it in. 

@jennm0724 How big is your patio area? We're having to redo ours, and I'd love ideas.
  • Options
    @foodislove we are putting pavers next to my garden area, its about 200sqft. We have a poured concrete patio that we are going to put the pavers up next too. Once it's all done I'll post a picture :) 
  • Options
    @frenchbaby18 I use it at church to talk with my priest and the nuns. Haha. And I'm still friends with many Italians from when I lived there. And we chat online in Italian. I also use it when I travel! I can really go off the beaten path in Italy. Like when I went to Bormio a few years back. Our hoteliers barely spoke English. It helps me with my French and Spanish to get by in those countries as well. 

I have a double BA because it was a way to legitimize getting a degree in Italian to my dad, but my school is one of a handful in the US where you can just major in Italian. (CU-Boulder, Brown, Berkeley, Notre Dame, Indiana University - Bloomington, there are a few more, but not many) 
    I have a double in International Affairs. 

I use my Italian degree more than my IA degree! Haha.
  • Options
    @mamanbebe his suggestions so far are "boy" and "bax" lol!!! (we don't even know if the baby is a boy or girl)
  • Options
    @ccmama3 hahaha I love it! Why don't these boys want cute little baby sisters? My son has offered up "suitcases in the sky", his own name, and the names of his own friends' baby brothers, since he has also decided it is going to be a boy with nothing to back that up. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe that is too funny!!! I asked him about some actual real name suggestions and he laughed at me and said no! Hahaha! If either of us have girls I guess our boys will be disappointed :lol:
  • Options
    july 18th/ 28+5

Eggplant

Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    End of May 

How are you feeling?: 

Tired 

Rants/Raves:  

I sprained my ankle and have a hairline fracture. I’m in a walking boot right now and it’s miserable. Both my girls got pink eye this week so I’m wishing for a class of wine and a break. 

Questions: 

I wasn’t expecting my heartburn to be this bad because it wasn’t this constant with my first two 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @hakele my university also had French and Italian majors (combined department, separate degrees) and I give a guest lecture once a year to the undergrads about ways to use foreign language degrees professionally without becoming a professor so I’m always looking for examples :) thanks! 

Full disclosure, I also double majored in a “practical” field (genetics) but my masters is also in French!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 / 28w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Upcoming Appointments: May 21 - midwife

How are you feeling?: overall pretty good, just tired and physically exhausted by the end of the day. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I went out for lunch with a friend a few days ago and we were sitting at a table where the wall is to my right. there's a table with chairs behind me, and after i sat down a girl came to sit at the table behind me, no problems. she left after a while and a man came to sit there with a woman. he actually came up to ask me if i could move my chair closer to the table (keep in mind i'm not sitting farther than any normal person would), im giving my bump a little gap. but at this point he wants my bump to touch the table. i had to stop and really think are you serious? in any case i moved my chair a bit and said nothing. when i get up to leave, i realize he wanted me to move MY chair, so he could turn HIS chair with the back against the wall, and he could sit with his legs crossed in the open, bc he wouldn't be able to cross them under the table. i held my tongue that day, but it really boiled my blood for the rest of the day. and there was ample tables to choose from, the place wasn't packed.

Rave: i can't see myself working right up until my due date anymore (lol) wishful thinking when i said that months ago. so i've requested to use up my vacation for the year. it was approved, and so now my last day of work is june 28.  :p i'll have plenty of time to be home, nest and relax before it's go time (hopefully!)

Questions: 

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? i haven't really experienced anything out of the norm or unexpected. being a STM i had an idea of what to expect, and things haven't been that different between my first and this pregnancy. 

• Options
    I'm so late in the game this week--i'll catch up on tags next week!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th // 28+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Macbook Air Keyboard?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):Green (I think girl)

Upcoming Appointments: Next week

How are you feeling?: Fine--wore tennis-shoes to work today, I'm not sure i will be able to tie my shoes much longer.  It was almost painful today but MH had already left and i really wanted to be in comfy, supportive, warm shoes.  

Rants/Raves:  I took a bath last night--it was amazing.  I try not to take baths often because it's so much water.  I usually rinse off first and then start the bath water because i don't like laying in my own dirty water.  But the jets felt so good. I then proceeded to go to bed and got a nice hour nap before MH got home at 9.  

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is one pregnancy symptom you have that you weren't expecting? I think it's the lack of kicks movement for me.  With my AP and maybe because of my extra weight--I don't feel that much and definitely can't tell where this kid is.  Every appointment shows LO is doing great and there are zero concerns so i'm going with that.  I try to make sure I feel LO at least once a day but I definitely don't get full kick counts in.  Also burping--apparently that's my pregnancy tell. I burp so much when i wake up and start moving--it's a lot.  

• Options
    7/19 29w

Apparently a spaghetti noodle. Feels a lot bigger than that, lol.

Green

Upcoming Appointments:
    Just routine

How are you feeling?: 
    I woke up at 230 and couldn't get back to sleep, so feeling tired. Reflux is often an issue, general discomfort is ok, no swelling! Low energy/getting winded from anemia, but I think that may be improving (finally).

Rants/Raves:
    Feeling better than a few weeks ago, passed GD test (failed screen), 
    Do NOT feel prepared, and feeling short on time

Questions: 

I didn't expect morning sickness to last into 3rd tri (way better, though), and I didn't expect the spotting I had throughout first and into second tri.