How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: what is your favorite book?

Re: Check In Group 3 Dd 12/17-12/24 w/o 4/29

• Options
    12/22- 6w1d

TTM

Still on the fence about finding out. Was team green for last 2 now with 2 DS. 

1st appt 5/10- I feel like time is going by sooo slow

Feeling really good which of course makes me think the worst. Sore tata's

Rants- When we will get a consistent nice weather pattern without rain. 

Still unsure when to tell my 4 and 6 y/o and how?

I'm not a big reader but recently read Crazy Rich Asians trilogy and loved it. 
  • Options
    @ajdietz tw my kids were your kids age when I first got pregnant, we told them right away.  I did lose the pregnancy, at first I felt guilty telling them, but honestly I am glad I did, because I wouldn’t want to have to feel like I was hiding my emotions.   Plus dh has a big mouth and I feel like Iike they would over gear anyways.  Good luck on your decision.

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/23 6w

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd time dd is 8 and ds is 6

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  finding out.  I have little desire to be surprised.

Upcoming Appointments:   Ultrasound on 5/7

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): cravings change by the hour.  In general most foods sound gross.  I have some nausea.  I haven’t gotten sick yet, but I am getting more and more nauseous, so I think it is coming.

Rants/Raves: rave is I convinced myself to get on the treadmill.  Rant is I got another migraine today.  I think from my coffee aversion. 

Questions:none 

GTKY: what is your favorite book? The lord of the rings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: LMP 12/17, O date 12/14 - curious what dr will say/ how baby measures

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: GREEN!

Upcoming Appointments: 5/1. LESS THAN 48 HOURS TO GO!!!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): well I’ve finally experienced the nausea that lasts all day for multiple days and feels like a hangover. Bleh. Also, major heartburn. Never had that in my life. 

Rants/Raves: Raves: I can’t believe our first appt is in less than 48hrs. It also means less than two weeks to keep it a secret from our families. Rants: can’t focus at work which is no good. 

Questions: I haven’t actually thrown up from all of the nausea, but I’ve started to wonder if it would make me feel better if I did?!

GTKY: what is your favorite book? Harry Potter series. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 in my experience, it is better to throw up.  I haven’t been that nauseous yet this time.  When I was pregnant with my daughter, I constantly fought throwing up, and would be miserable.  With my son, I would just go throw up once I was nauseous enough and it was so much better.
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: Due 12/24, 5w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Still undecided, but likely TFO

Upcoming Appointments: First apt 5/25...HOW CAN I WAIT THAT LONG?!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Still minimal symptoms, though my nipples finally feel sore  :D  Totally fatigued, and usually dying of thirst.

Rants/Raves: Why can't my middle school students turn in their homework?!! (Oh, is this supposed to be pregnancy-related?  :# )

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: what is your favorite book? Oh man, so many....I'll go with "Cosmicomics" by Italo Calvino.
  • Options
    nerdmom0013nerdmom0013 member
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/18 6 weeks 5 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team unsure still

Upcoming Appointments: 5/1, can't come soon enough! @anniemarie887

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): so. tired. and nauseous. and no food sounds good, body aches, sore boobs, bloated. I've felt pretty good with symptoms coming and going but today I feel like I've been hit by a ton of bricks.  

Rants/Raves: I'm too tired to think of any. 

Questions: are any STM+ thinking about taking a birthing class again? Or did you take one twice and was it beneficial? I know we have lots of time to go but I'm already thinking about this... Bonus points if you've taken the Mama Natural Birth Course and have insight. 

GTKY: what is your favorite book? Harry Potter is always a classic, recent read is Where the Crawdads Sing
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/21 per transfer date, 6+2

FTM/STM/TTM+: No children

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Likely finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound 5/1 - @anniemarie887 @ashorkey I agree it can't come soon enough, I've definitely been nervous about it this week.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Exhausted all the time and I can't stop wanting to eat Doritos

Rants/Raves: Rant - It's a really busy time at work and I'm trying to be good about trusting the staff to do their work and not get stressed. However, I'm sitting here reviewing files and see they missed really obvious errors and it's really frustrating!!  Not to mention my brain/body is so tired that it's hard to concentrate

Questions: Nope

GTKY: what is your favorite book? I've liked many over the years...Devil in the White City is one of my favorites.  Liane Moriarty's books are entertaining chic-lit . @ajdietz I bought the Crazy Rich Asian trilogy a month or so ago but haven't started yet, glad to hear you liked them
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6 + 1

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: team find out literally as soon as possible. Our first is a girl so we either have everything or nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upcoming Appointments: 5/14 - forever away 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): So much sicker this time than last. My DD is 3 and I was sick the whole time, but not this early or severe. Anyone notice it gets worse when you have your second? 

Rants/Raves: going on a trip with my whole family on Saturday - going to visit Oregon. First big travel for my little one, should be tons of fun. This pretty much forced our hand at telling our families early, no way could I hide not drinking at a vineyard!

Questions: anyone suffer from seasonal allergies? I quit taking my meds because I am always so nervous to take anything in the first trimester but not sure I can avoid it anymore. Don’t see doc for two weeks!

GTKY: what is your favorite book? Harry Potter series 4ever. I should read more though lol
  • Options
    @mhamik I take zyrtec every day.  I am absolutely miserable if I miss a pill or two.  I tried not to take it with my first pregnancy, but I can’t do it.  Plus, my asthma is worse now, so I need to take it for that too.

@ashorkey I have never taken a birthing class.  I was signed up for one when I was pregnant the first time, but got sick and missed the first few classes, so I never went.  I have considered taking something this time. It has been a while since I had a baby.  
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days:  December 23/ 6w1d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Finding Out 

Upcoming Appointments: May 6th is out first ultrasound!!!! 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Feeling like I have a low grade hangover all the time. Nauseated all day but still haven’t thrown up. Lots of lower back pain but my doctor put me on light duty since I have a very active job. And the sore bbs and exhaustion is real.

Rants/Raves: My sister is also pregnant and trying to tell me how to go through my pregnancy. And it is driving me crazy! When I have any doubts she calls me crazy and tells me to stop worrying. She tells me how to eat and what to do but then tells me how unhealthy she is eating and stuff. Like why can’t I have my pregnancy and she has her’s? Also, tells me that I’m so lucky I get so many ultrasounds in my first trimester. I’m high risk and she isn’t and she is acting like me being high risk is a blessing because I get to have ultrasounds. What?! 

Questions: Does anyone else have someone close to them that is pregnant and how do you deal with it?

GTKY: what is your favorite book? Forever the Harry Potter series. Our baby shower is going to be Harry Potter themed.
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6+1

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: first ultrasound less than a week away on the 6th!!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Same as last week, but with increasing thirst. Can't do coffee in the morning anymore because I just want all the water. The restless leg issue isn't as awful as before.

Rants/Raves: DH has been so kind and understanding during this pregnancy so far. I'm feeling very lucky. ❤ 

Questions: none right now!

GTKY: what is your favorite book?  That's tough. Probably... The Art of Racing in the Rain. 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+:  FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: GREEN! (Though I am already asking my husband if he is sure about this decision bc I am curious now) 

Upcoming Appointments: this Thursday! They better give me an US....

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): symptoms come and go, the main one being how exhausted I am. No food rly ever sounds good, except last night when i has a Wendy’s frosty with fries dipped in it...omg.

Rants/Raves: My Rave is that my Mom n Gma visit me this weekend so I get to tell them the news! I think I’m going to record their reactions as it is first grandbaby (this is all if appt goes ok on Thurs) Rant: I just hate Trump so much lol. That is all. 

Questions: how does everyone calm down and relax about baby esp if you haven’t had your first appt yet? It’s such a rollercoaster, my first time I’m just so dang worried all the time! 

GTKY: what is your favorite book? I recently read Feast by Hannah Howard and it has been one of my fav books ever. It touches on eating disorders, body dismorphia, all within a world of a girl who works downtown NYC at fancy restaurants. So good, I highly recommend! 
  • Options
    @holly321 I took one with my first but I feel like it's been so long I could use a refresher, but don't know if it will actually be worth it. Like, I just want the techniques for the laboring part, I can do without the rest. 

• Options
    @ktmaesim thanks for the book suggestion.  I'm going to look for it in the library. As for the not knowing about the progressing pregnancy, you just hope and pray for the best. Cautiously optimistic. It's my third and the worrying is no different.
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/18 7w 0d FTM/STM/TTM+: 5th time mom Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team
    finding out
    Upcoming Appointments: 5/8  first on appt. 5/4 first U/S. 
    How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Okay aside from constant thirst. No cravings yet, at least none that I have noticed. I have been into more acidic foods lately though. 
     Rants/Raves: I am doing okay, at least today, just not to happy with my constant need to use the restroom.. probably because of my constant thirst. 
     Questions: Does anyone else feel like they got bigger overnight? I mentioned this previously, but again today I promise there is a very noticeable bump emerging. This may be because of the amount of times I have been pregnant, but I just feel it is too soon. ( I have had early bumps previously, but not at 7 weeks)
     GTKY: what is your favorite book? My favorite book is cereal murders by Dianne Mott Davidson. I also love the entire Goldy Bear/Shultz series. I also love anything written by Charlaine Harris ( I hope I didn't butcher her name.) or Dean Koontz ( Odd Thomas is another favorite).
  • Options
    @j3nn1b33 I have a noticeable bloat bump.  This is my 7th pregnancy, so I assume that is why.  I have always showed early though.  
  • Options
    @holly321 that is reassuring that it isn't just me. It has been five years since my son was born, so I have a vague memory of how much of an early bump I had.
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited May 2019
    @ashorkey @mackorori how’d it go today? Mine was super anticlimactic. They put my appt in a satellite office that doesn’t do ultrasounds. Soooooo I am going by myself tomorrow morning to get an ultrasound bc my husband heads out of town at 6am. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 mine was just an ultrasound today. Measuring perfectly at 7weeks heartbeat 138bpm ❤️ She also told me to start taking B6 which should help with my nausea. 

I did did get a message from my midwife today via their system saying she got the results, congrats, and she’ll see me in a few weeks. 
  • Options
    Can someone tell me the benefit, difference of a midwife from regular doctor? Why do people want/have both? I know nothing... so I appreciate any info or advice on this :-) 
  • Options
    @ktmaesim I can’t provide a lot, but the hospital I’ll use has both Drs, nurses and midwives. From what I understand I midwife is a nurse with a masters degree specialized in OBGYN. I’ll let the STM+ provide more info. 
  • Options
    @ktmaesim I had a midwife with my first and plan to again this time. A midwife is a nurse with additional training in childbirth. She is the one who actually delivers the baby. Midwives also tend to take more natural approaches with childbirth with minimal interventions. With my first, my midwife was by my side from the time my contractions got intense all the way through birth where a Dr / OBGYN comes in to "catch the baby". An OBGYN is always on site (for Hospital deliveries) even if you have a midwife in the event one is needed. For me, one was needed because my placenta would not deliver and so she came in to help with the removal. 

I would encourage you to do research and consult with both if you can't decide. There are some good books and documentaries out there about midwives too. 
  • Options
    mrszoobearmrszoobear member
    edited May 2019
    I had my first appointment with the OBGYN practice I think I'm going to go with yesterday. The office staff was very nice, professional and thorough. However, the other patients who were there were not people I want to be in the same office with. I try not to be a judgmental person but it is hard not to be put off. They have a sign on the door before you enter the office saying if you smell like smoke of any kind to please wait outside. And yet the office reaked of pot. Not something I want to smell when I have morning sickness! So I'm contemplating going to the midwife office closer to my hometown until I get further along in the pregnancy. 

I did have high blood pressure. I think it's from all the stress but they are going to watch it and put me on medication if it doesn't get better soon.

I have mild morning sickness now but lots of food aversions. Made the hubby chicken fajitas last night and couldn't stand the smell or even eat the homemade guacamole I made. All I seem to want to eat is breakfast foods. Bagels, toast, eggs, potatoes, waffles. All breakfast, all day 😂
  • Options
    @mrszoobear girl I have been eating everything bagels 24:7!!!! Too funny

@ashorkey thank you so much, I will def contact the med group I’m with about it. Had my first appt yday and it couldn’t have gone better, really feeling positive vibes now that I really liked my doctor and all the staff.