July 2019 Moms

Just curious- what’s everyones coffee beverage of choice?!

Thought this would make a fun GTKY. What’s your caffeine/coffee fix of choice? If I make coffee at home I make hazelnut coffee with French vanilla creamer no sugar. If I get coffee out I usually do a hot or iced vanilla nonfat latte depending on weather. I love local coffee spots, Starbucks and wawa. I cannot stand Dunkin’ Donuts and yes I know that is a pretty unpopular opinion lol.

Re: Just curious- what’s everyones coffee beverage of choice?!

• Just straight up black coffee for me.  Drinking some right now actually 
  • Decaf Almond Milk Latte with 2 pumps of hazelnut syrup is my favorite. 
    I really only do Starbucks. I think the nearest small coffee shop is about 3 miles away. So I can’t really just go there. Starbucks is 2 minutes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • At home we do regular old drip coffee, but we mix flavored coffee in with the regular. 

I love Dunkin and get whatever suits my fancy. My go-to is a chai latte (hot or iced, doesn't matter).
  • At home I like any coffee really (dark roast being my favorite) with a coconut milk creamer and sugar 😋 if I go out I usually always get a sweetened cold brew if it’s warm and a dirty chai latte if it’s cold!

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Strong coffee with stevia + cream at home, out I usually get an iced coffee/latte/americano. With summer coming I want allllllll the iced coffee! 
  • @vanillalatte89 I do like DD, but I absolutely acknowledge it is crappy coffee lol. And the other day I got an iced decaf coffee there, thinking I was cheating the system, and it was UNDRINKABLE. BLECH.
  • Chai latte, usually, but with the amazing mucus increase/rhinitis, I can't bring myself to do it. I've been doing mostly pop and iced tea this pregnancy...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • In the fall I am totally pumpkin spice girl 
  • I don’t really drink coffee. But my recent order at Starbucks has been iced matcha green tea latte with sugar free vanilla. It’s SO good. 
  • My husband tried the matcha green tea lemonade and that surprisingly was really good!
  • A cappuccino is my favorite coffee treat, during the winter I love black hot coffee and during the summer cold brew iced coffee with a splash of cream. 

I quit drinking fully caffeinated coffee over a year ago, and rarely drink decaf now but luckily I live in a coffee town and can find really nice decaf a few blocks from my house when I want to indulge or buy beans to make something at home. 
  • key33key33 member
    I drink the v8 energy drinks in the morning most days, as I don't like coffee. They have caffeine from green tea and a serving of fruits and veggies.

I also make a matcha latte or have a coke later in the afternoon. 
  • +1 to cappuccino (especially with a dusting of coco powder :)). I don’t like regular coffee, need as much milk to espresso ratio as possible to make it an enjoyable treat! But I do love coffee dates with DD (places are usually nice to give you an espresso cup of frothed milk for free to make her play the game)
  • Not a coffee drinker - super taster means that no matter how much flavoring is added, I still can't stand it.

My favorite tea is earl grey with a drop or two of rose water and raw sugar. Mmmm. Heaven.
  • @vanillalatte89 I don’t like Dunkin’ either! 

I like Starbucks Pike Place with hazelnut creamer. ☺️
  • At home we grind Starbucks or Blackbeard beans. I add homemade or store bought sugar free syrups and almond milk or half and half.

At Starbucks I get a peppermint mocha or raspberry latte or breve SF vanilla latte. At one of the MANY local drive through coffee carts I get a SF breve raspberry mocha.
  • edited April 2019
    At home or at diner/breakfast type places I drink regular coffee HEAVILY doctored with cream and sugar. It took me approx. 27 years and the help of a friend to realize the value of cream (aka fat) and its affect on my cup of coffee.  :D 

At a coffee shop, I LOVE a frap. 

Jumping back on on my phone for a second post that might be a good visual...
  • D2 is my jam! 
  • I’m like an F2
  • D2 or C3, every once in a while a C2.

I love this chart!!!! @nerdtoyourmother
  • D2 or D3 for me. At home we have just a regular coffee maker. Prefer a medium or dark roast with a bit of sugar and a splash of sweet cream. 

If im out, I love McDonald’s iced coffees haha. I don’t mind Starbucks, I really like their hot chocolates when it’s cold out. Dunkin’ Donuts inability to make an iced coffee is mind blowing! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • E3 is where it's at if I'm having drip coffee. I'll take any brew style but I prefer Columbian or really any medium roast.
    Starbucks or a local spot is my preference, team chai latte or at sbux the match green tea latte with coconut milk is a dream.
    Mmmmm now I want one! 
  • Iced coffee: Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew or DD iced coffee with cream and 1/2 the sugar (I haven’t had DD at all this pregnancy—a small iced coffee has 217 mg caffeine! 😖)
    Hot coffee: Starbucks hazelnut or vanilla latte with almond milk. Usually what I get at independent coffee shops, too. 
  • THIS POST JUST MADE ME REMEMBER I MADE THE HUSBAND GET COLD BREW LAST NIGHT!!!!!!! 
    Gah. The best. 
    Usually I'm coffee with cream, sometimes and almond milk latte, if it's hot and I'm feeling fancy, a blended but unsweetened. 
  • C4 
    But it still has to be decaf! 
    I quit caffeine at age 18 because of endocrine system issues. Caused me to have ovarian cysts. 

The best coffee I ever had, ever, was at this coffee shop in this artsy neighborhood down by the Budweiser factory in St. Louis. It was a Lavender Mocha and it was HEAVEN in a cup. 
  • @nerdtoyourmother what a great chart! If I add milk or cream, I do a D4 or D3, but I'm also cool with just plain black coffee. I make cold brew pretty frequently at home, and we also have other fancy coffeemaking tools (French press, some other fancy pour-over thing that my husband really nerds out about but I never use). My favorite coffee beverage of choice is a good cappuccino.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    1. Strong black tea

2. Black coffee

While I visually love that coffee matrix @nerdtoyourmother posted, the only unique shades are the ones running down the A1/F6 diagonal. All the opposite diagonals are duplicates. For example F3, E4, D5 and C6 are the same, etc.
  • D3 ish for me... but I still cannot stomach hot coffee this pregnancy. So weird, I never had an aversion last this long! I usually prefer iced anyway. And I typically drink decaf. I like almost anything with flavor (mocha, vanilla, hazelnut, etc). My all time fav hot coffee is Starbucks chestnut praline. 
    @hakele that lavender mocha sounds sooo yummy!
  • I went kinda light this morning 
  • E6, love that chart @nerdtoyourmother ! I enjoy putting some of the holiday creamers in some time, but usually just go black. I haven't been able to drink coffee since the first trimester, it was not agreeing with my stomach. I've been drinking various hot and ice teas since.
  • @greeneyedgirl12 aaaaah, so cute! I love how the cursor turns into a little bear. I'd totally try the bourbon cold brew bears, yum.
  • geoduck21geoduck21 member
    edited May 2019
    At home I have coffee with hazelnut nut pods creamer or cream/milk and a little maple syrup. I also drink tea regularly (chai, green, matcha). If I'm out I usually get regular latte or chai latte. I only recently have been able to stomach coffee again (and it depends on the day with reflux).