Baby Names
Options

Help with baby girl name!

Would love some feedback on our top two baby girl names. Thanks!

Brynlee Marie
Kallie Marie

Re: Help with baby girl name!

• Options
    saham07saham07 member
    edited May 2019
    Kallie by default
    Brynlee is aweful
    Marie is lovely and very underused. I would use Marie as the first name.
  • Options
    Ehh.  

Both sound like they were born about three years ago and the parents wanted omg a cute super trendy name. 

They will Be forever dated as names and are already on the late trend side

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    I do not like them. Dated and trendy as PPs have said. I do like Marie.  If I had to pick I’d go with Kallie but I’d strongly suggest using C instead of K.
  • Options
    Bryn is a great name on its own and not used much! 😁
  • Options
    I'd go with Callie or Brynn like PPs suggested. 
  • Options
    I would just use Marie. It’s a lovely name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I agree with pp regarding using Marie as the first name. One of my high school friends was named Kali which could also be a possibility, although I don't know how you'd feel about her being named after a Hindu goddess of "death/time/doomsday." 
  • Options
    Please do NOT use Brynlee it really is obnoxious.

And Callie is a little better with a C

Marie is a beautiful lovely name.

Brynn Marie or Callie Marie if you must.
  • Options
    Brynlee isn’t the worst name I have ever heard, but it’s definitely one those names that you find on bad baby name lists or sounds like, “Yep — That’s Definitely a White Girl in the South Who Auditioned for Dance Moms and Breeds Pomeranians”.

It doesn’t flow with Marie, either, and it sounds like you’re loving it as a MN!

Kallie with a “K”, from experience, is always going to be pronounced as “Kayley”. It’s super cute and was mega-trendy in the mid-nineties; so I grew up with a bunch of Kallies. 

It’s the better of the two for sure, and mispronunciations are always going to happen, even if your name is John — if not by your peers or substitute, definitely a Starbucks barista at some point down the road.

I’d definitely go with Kallie Marie!