1st Trimester

Mild fetal bradycardia? Week 6

Hi all, 

Anyone else have mild fetal bradycardia at week 6? My fetal heart rate was steady but btw 87-91 BPM at 6 weeks 5 days. Pregnancy seems to be progressing appropriately otherwise based on growth between my 4 week ultrasound and now, and HCG doubling early on. Any info would be much appreciated!

Re: Mild fetal bradycardia? Week 6

• edited April 2019
    TW

I did twice and lost both of those pregnancies. But, I’ve heard of others with a similar finding who have gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. 

I would ask for a follow up scan in the coming weeks to check on things. 

Best wishes. I hope it turns out well for you. 
  • In general, the fetal hr at 6 weeks should be over 100. My current radiologist group uses over 85 bpm as normal but that’s not wat I was taught in ultrasound school. 

Good luck, hopefully everything works out. They should bring you back to look at the hr again in a week. If they don’t, I would ask for another ultrasound 
  • Loading the player...
  • My now 13 month old's fetal HR was in the 80s at 6w5d. They rechecked at 9w and it was 170. He's now a completely healthy and adorable little guy! 

Did they schedule another ultrasound to recheck?

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Thanks all! I will recheck this week (wed) fingers crossed for a good outcome. Still feel pregnant and no bleeding/pain so hoping that’s a good sign 
  • Just wanted to follow-up for anyone who us reading this thread in the future. Unfortunately, the outcome was not good for me (much like the dreaded research articles predicted) and the baby stopped growing last week (no heart beat today) 
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    *TW* I'm so sorry @alex_psi. I hope that you have a good support system at home. If you want to talk to anyone about where to go from here, I'm sure that there are a number of us who can talk to you about options and our experiences. For mine, I did the misoprostol and would be glad to share my experience with it. LSS, if I could go back and do it again, I'd make the same choice. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve been there a couple times and am always available by PM if you need any advice or need to chat. 
  • @alex_psi I'm so sorry for your outcome. I've also had experience here (in fact my situation was much the same as yours) and am available by PM if you need someone to chat with.
  • @alex_psi I'm so sorry for your loss <3

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @alex_psi I'm so sorry for your loss.