G4 Check In (August 24-31) - W/O 04/29

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to the most with baby? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: G4 Check In (August 24-31) - W/O 04/29

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 26 / 23 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): ear of corn

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue 

Upcoming Appointments: May 6 

How are you feeling?: Well if you saw my post in the b*fest, he is already trying to stress me out and be all stubborn! Aside from that, I had Physio on Friday and she said my pelvis is misaligned, which explains the SPD and back pain so we are working on fixing that! Whatever she did totally helped and she taught me how to turn over in bed so it doesn’t hurt. 

Rants/Raves: again see Monday b*fest for my rant about my dog. 

Rave - I go to Canada next week! I also added an u/s to our appt next week so I can see him. 

Questions: 

I cannot wait to meet him. I’m so excited for it. I look forward to our first Christmas together even if he will be a blob because I love Christmas and it’s exciting that I won’t be pestering just my H and dog with our traditions. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 23+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Had one this morning, just a quick doppler check, everything looks great. Scheduled my GD screening for 4 weeks from now.

How are you feeling?: Good, had a really nice vacation, and now have to remember how to work... but feeling energized and ready to get back to "normal."

Rants/Raves: I love my doctors office, but I'm starting to get annoyed. They used to be really punctual. Between when DS#2 was born and now one of their doctors left, and they brought on 2 more, and now they always seem behind. I had to wait for my appointment for about 15 minutes, which I realize in the grand scheme of things is not that long, (I've had some offices keep me longer.) but it was longer than the appointment!!

Questions: This isn't a baby related question, and may be more of a rant but... DH and I very rarely eat out, maybe half a dozen times a year. My birthday is next Monday, and I told DH I'm getting bored of the same 2 fancy kosher restaurants that are an option here, he has to be in Baltimore on Sunday anyway, and it's only about 45 minutes from us, so I suggested I join him, and we have an early birthday dinner there. He agreed to the idea, and I said that some friends have recommended a really nice steak house there, but we're trying to cut back on expenses, should we go somewhere cheaper? He reminded me that we're going up to NY the first full week of June for a work trip/baby moon, and planning on eating out every night (Mon.-Thurs.) my work will reimburse all my meals up to $50/day but we will still have to pay for him. We chose another restaurant, that's still nice, but more fast casual. I know he's right it's the responsible decision, but is it petty, that for my birthday I don't want to be responsible, I want to go somewhere really fancy?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to the most with baby? I know we still have a while for this, but I'm looking forward to watching all my boys play together. I have a great relationship with my siblings, and some of my favorite childhood memories are playing games with my brothers on the weekends. I can't wait to see how DS#1&2 will treat the new baby, and then when the LO is a little older how he will react back.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24 23w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): green

Upcoming Appointments:i have a routine appt coming up. 

How are you feeling?: not so great. i got hit with a nasty head cold a week ago that will not go away. I am coughing non-stop, my lungs are raw, head feels full of fluid and body is sore from all the coughing/pregnancy. The coughing and drainage is not helping my morning sickness.  

Rants/Raves: getting sick while pregnant is just unfair. Although DH has been amazing with holding the fort down while I am useless. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to the most with baby? I can not wait to see this one's personality! My other two are polar opposites so curious to see what this one is like. Also, baby snuggles!

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @mrosek91, hope your Passover was lovely and going back to work isn’t too hard! 

• Options
    aecmaecm member

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 23+2

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruits 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue x2

Upcoming Appointments: May 8 (ultrasound and NP check-in) 

How are you feeling?: I’m slowing down A LOT. My “job” (chasing around a 2y/o) is not well-suited to pregnancy, esp. w/ twins.

Rants/Raves: 

Rant - I took DD to her regular swim lesson today - we’re still doing “mommy and me” classes and everything is getting more difficult - changing her, the lesson itself, everything. Today another kid pooped in the pool like, 10 minutes into the lesson. While I appreciate the need to pull everyone out of the pool to clean up poo...now we have to go back later this week for a make-up lesson and do the whole process all over again. Mentally I just don’t have 2-swim-lessons-a-week in me. But the kid will probably be thrilled.

Rave - I splurged and bought DD two new swim suits for summer. I could care less what I’m wearing, but my kid needs to look fantastic 😂. She wore one of them for the first time today and oh-em-geeeeee she is sooo stinking cute in it. 

(It’s this swimsuit here:  https://www.rufflebutts.com/vintage-polka-ruffled-rash-guard-bikini.html)

So much. Seeing what they look like, getting to know their personalities, all the baby snuggles, seeing how they interact with each other (hoping for lots of adorable twin-snuggles).

@mrosek91 - You’re not at all petty, I appreciate responsibility, but it’s your birthday. Splurge a little. I vote for the nice steakhouse. (FWIW, even tho we just had to replace our water heater, and still have to buy everything for the twins, I’m still booking brunch at the fanciest place in town for Mother’s Day. It only comes once a year, I’m going to enjoy it.)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @aecm that swimsuit is adorable!!! DD owns 4 or 5 swimsuits and I have zero that fit. I am staying at a hotel for two nights this week for a funeral and work meeting and desperately want to go chill in the pool for a bit but no suit. Also, swim lessons are a pain. We just got home from Monday night lessons, DH handles DS and I handle DD and it is such a process. I have to walk downstairs, get her ready and pre showered, weave through the maze to the pool, back through the lockerroom, back upstairs to watch, repeat process to get her from pool, fully shower her, get her dressed and packed up, then head back upstairs to our car. I am only carrying one and I am far too pregnant for this. The one thing I love is that we shower them and change into pjs in the locker room and get home about 20 minutes before bed time. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    @Allycat11 - Agreed - huge pain. For the last little while I’ve had DH come meet us there after work. So I handle the pre-lesson changing, the lesson itself and post-lesson rinse-off shower, but he can help get her dressed while I also get dressed. A few more weeks and I’ll probably hand the lesson off to him too. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/27 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday 

How are you feeling?: horrible. Was in urgent care all day. They finally decided it’s HG. 

Rants/Raves: I’ve been telling the doctors since first appt how nauseas and sick I get. They didn’t take me seriously until now.. at 23weeks. 

Questions: anyone else have HG? 

I can’t wait to see him. I’m excited to see how he fits in with my other 2 boys. 💙

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31, 22+3

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink

Upcoming Appointments: 24w appt on 5/9, just a Doppler check

How are you feeling?: Good! Ready for summer to be here.

Rants/Raves: I teach for a public school system, and our maternity leave policy only allows you to use sick leave for the 6 (or 8) week recover period. If you choose to use FMLA beyond that, they force you to take it unpaid. I just found out that the 2 surrounding counties we compete with both let you use your sick/annual leave for the full 12 week FMLA period (if you choose) so that you can take it paid. So now I’m reaching out to HR to see who has the power to make changes to the policy. Even if it can’t be changed by August, it needs to be changed. Obviously a paid leave policy where we don’t need to use any of our own leave for maternity is even better (especially for those that don’t have much leave or were recently hired), especially since we have a benefit for trading in sick days when we retire in exchange for retiree health benefits. Seems pretty sexist for women to have to use all of their leave to have babies but the men can stockpile theirs and get better retirement benefits. *Steps off soapbox*

Questions: Anybody have experience working in HR that can give advice on getting changes made to policies?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to the most with baby? At the moment, I’m looking forward to getting to know her personality and see how she is a little bit of both me and my husband.

• Options
    @dogmomma096 The maternity leave system in the US is definitely broken. I have a friend, who worries every time she has to take sick leave because she is trying to reach the maximum allowed in the "bank" so that she can have enough for maternity leave. And she doesn't even have a partner yet.
    Good luck getting the policy changed. My work just upped their paid leave, but that was because they did an analysis of why we have so much turn-over, and one of the top reasons people gave for leaving was that they firm they were going to had better benefits. I know that I am really lucky, and it's unusual for these things to go up.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): baby girl!

Upcoming Appointments: In two weeks for glucose testing.

How are you feeling?: I am feeling pretty good overall, especially after two really demanding weeks at work involving long hours and lots of travel. I am still dealing with some nausea and having some increasing physical discomfort getting used to doing everything with this growing bump though!

Rants/Raves: Rave: My prenatal yoga class! It is such a great community of women and all the stretching really helps with the discomfort of pregnancy.

Questions: Is anyone considering any childbirth/pain management courses like hypnobirthing?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to the most with baby? I’m with @Allycat11 and @aecm - I am most looking forward to all the newborn cuddles! ...and endlessly adorably baby outfits 💕

@akuzreve - I hadn’t even thought about holidays yet! Baby’s first Christmas will certainly be special!! 

@Allycat11 - Sending you well wishes to feel better soon! 

@mrosek91 - I vote splurge for the fancy dinner!

@mia8263 - Yes, I have struggled with HG. I was lucky enough to avoid hospitalization but I was homebound/nearly bed bound for a period of 6-8 weeks. My symptoms have become more manageable with consistent medication and since reaching 17 weeks gestation. Have your physicians prescribed any medications? I am still taking Zofran everyday. I recently tried to take myself off of it, but was not successful 😞 Im hoping you can find some relief soon!

@dogmomma096 - I am right there with you on the soapbox about parental leave! Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience with advocating for change in HR policies. I know when advocating for salary related issues, it was all about the data though! Maybe there are some great studies out there about employee retention and satisfaction to support your point. I am also a proponent of paid leave for both men and women as a way to promote as much gender equality around caring for a new baby as biology will allow and decreasing the stigma of leave as a ‘woman’s’ issue. 

• Options
    @gcmomtobe19 I was nervous to take it but I have follow up visit Thursday. They wanted to hospitalize me yesterday for a few days but like some others I only have one day of sick days left so I got myself home and went to work today. I’m doing a lot better today I was able to keep everything down so I hope the worst is over. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @mia8263 I do hope you are right that the worst is over for you. For what it is worth, I feel WORLDS better when I take the medication. Coping with the nausea, even though I was mostly able to keep food/fluid down, drained me more than I can explain - physically and mentally. If I could go back in time, I would’ve started the Zofran weeks earlier than I did - it was a game changer for me. My other words of advice for anyone who takes Zofran (which would probably fall under TMI Tues...) is take the stool softeners/fiber supplement consistently as well....