September 2019 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying...

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying...

• After a whole first trimester of "sandpaper" feeling sex..that BOMB 2nd trimester sex had me crying tears of joy after..no joke πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • I sobbed like like a little bitch through the entirety of the new Dumbo movie that my husband started laughing at me because of all the happy, smiling kiddos around us. So then I started alternating betweenΒ  laughing at how ridiculous it was and sobbing. Basically becoming the ultimate trainwreck :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Watching the news about Notre Dame had me bawling my eyes out in the library. πŸ™„
  • @nikkiraqs How is it?!?!Β  The Disney version makes me cry like a baby, even not pregnant.Β  I'm excited for all the live action remakes coming out this spring/summer!
  • @cheshyre319 oh man, I found out from a friend while I was stuck in traffic going home on Monday and was in tears the rest of the afternoon. Those images of people gathered in the street as it burned were heartbreaking.

I've listened to this song hundreds of times, but it had me crying in the shower this morning. "Sparrow" by Simon and Garfunkel: https://youtu.be/FniUPxpYYAU
  • For my husband's wedding present, I commissioned the lead singer from his favorite band to write and record a custom song and surprised him with it as our first dance. I listened to it on my way to lunch today for the first time in a while and sobbed!Β 
  • I have a whole list of songs that just cause insta-tears, we skip them when they come on the radio or up on shuffle.Β 
  • Crying because of @duewithpu2's comment. That is the sweetest gift I've ever heard of!Β 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 β”‚ DH: 35Β 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracleΒ  <3

• @zuuls_mom luckily his favorite band is a washed up pop punk band from 2005, so the going rate wasn't outrageous!Β 
  • @duewithpu2 Oh good, you answered my question.Β  I was like, damn, is she a millionaire?!?!
  • What band was it @duewithpu2?? I need to know now!!
  • OMG I am totally gonna squeal when you say who it is...I just know it. Pop-Punk of 2005 was my bread and butter!Β 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracleΒ  <3

• edited April 2019
    @lillywonderland @zuuls_mom The artist was Shane Henderson from the band Valencia!Β  The website is called www.downwrite.com and has a whole host of artists willing to take commissions.Β 
  • I think they were on one of the ___ goes Punk! records! The name is sooooo familiar!!
  • I saw them open for Blink-182 forever ago! Very cool.Β 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @lillywonderland That is a very strong possibility! I was heavy into pop punk then too, but I wasn't very familiar with them. They do have one song that a lot of people know called "Dancing with a Ghost"
  • Also, I am now freaking out because I can potentially have Derek Grant (Alkaline Trio), JT Woodruff (Hawthorne Heights) or Bob Morris (The Hush Sound) write me a song! #fangirling
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom I can't speak for them, but Shane made it an awesome experience! He said he was so honored that he threw in a bunch of layering, piano, and violin for free as a gift to us. I highly recommend it!!Β 
  • Because I saw a video of a pup at a dog show doing an obstacle course. He didn't understand what he was supposed to do and just zoomed around, took breaks in the tubes and basked in all the attention, and really was just living his best life. I bawled my eyes out because I was so happy for him.
  • @mamaber2204 I'm so sorry! That sounds brutal. He will be ok though and SO excited to see you when you get back! Hugs!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @mamaber2204 awe that is the worst! He will be happy to see you when you get back though it will be all worth it!

I cried stupid happy tears because it is Administrative Professionals day, and even though I’m technically not one, the VP of Sales got all the ladies in the office chocolates and my boss got me the cutest little succulent pot!Β 
  • @mamaber2204 Hugs!!! I’m crying for you guys, too. 😒 You both will survive!! And soon you’ll get to hug your little man again!!
  • @mamaber2204 ohhh :( ; it will be the best when you see him again though!
  • Because I thought about putting my dog down when he gets old. He’s only 3 lol so hopefully it won’t happen for at least a decade, but there I was tearing up on the treadmill all the same. πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
  • @alsa9918 Me too!! I just teared up thinking about that this morning as I left my dog to go to work
  • chimcichimci member
    edited April 2019
    @alsa9918 I have definitely done that! Mine is also 3 but even just thinking about him getting old is enough to start the waterworks!
  • @chimci @cammie0526 Good to know I’m not alone πŸ˜‚
  • @alsa9918 been there!! Mine turns 10 this year and that thought alone breaks my heart!Β 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Currently holding back tears in the Walmart parking lot because the woman beside me had 3 children all under 8 I would say. They were asking to help load the bags in the trunk and she was screaming at them to shut up. Then she lifted them by one arm to put them in the car. None of them had car seats. She was just threatening them the whole time even though they were behaving. I get it we ALL have those days, but I feel for those kids. Ugh hormones!
  • I found our wedding album and was bawling like a baby looking at it. What a good day. 😒

Also cried so hard at the end of Avengers Endgame last night 😭 I can’t believe there won’t be more Avengers movies
  • @duewithpu2 omg that’s so sad! I would have cried too.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @duewithpu2 girl you’re a nicer human than me. We all have β€˜those days’ - but there’s no reason to drag a kid by one arm, and lack of car seats is not a day to day decision!’ And, wtf, if I was having one of those days I’d be thrilled to have my kid offer a hand.Β 
  • I made the mistake of looking at picture books at Target today. I cried in the aisle while reading a couple of them.Β 
  • I keep stressing and therefore sobbing over being a working mom and having another baby... with DS I was able to be home for 1.5 years with him (Army spouse regularly moving at the time), and though I majorly stressed about if I’d ever find a job again (because drama and anxiety...) I really loved being home with him and excelled at it. I’ve been at this new job for 10 months now and I just can’t imagine leaving my little baby at 12 weeks!!!! But I love my job and want to keep it in the future. And I know we could financially make it without me working but then I feel bad leaving a job and team that I love!! Damn U.S.!!! Why can’t you have maternity leave/FMLA that’s longer than 12 weeks?!?! I’d be totally cool with even just being unpaid but having the maternity leave for 6 months to 1 year so I could stay home!Β 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A husband on 600 pound life was a dick, then started to be super nice to his wife. Also, that video where the old guy describes his dead wife to a sketch artist made me completely ugly cry, like I had a sinus headache because I was crying so much.
  • @sunshine2417 Have you had a candid conversation with your boss/HR? It’s not unheard of and it doesn’t hurt to ask! My sister was able to negotiate an extended (unpaid) maternity leave. She was home until my nephew was 6mo.Β 
  • @lillywonderland Really? Hmmmm I haven’t talked to them yet because our HR officer was out on her own short term disability and just returned this week. I’ll try to get a meeting with her soon to see if it’s possible. Even if I just did part time until she was 6 months I’d feel a little better at least!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 Definitely ask your HR about their maternity policy. My work has 6 weeks paid leave but I'm allowed to take up to 6 months, unpaid, no questions asked. They'll even extend that to a year if my supervisor is ok with it. The only thing that's preventing me from staying out longer is health insurance. I carry our insurance, so after the 12 weeks I would have to pay it in full, mine plus employer contributions (~$800 a paycheck). I also have the option to come back part time (I forget at what %). That way I can still have them contribute their part of the insurance. Never hurts to ask. You might be surprised!Β 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022