December 2019 Moms
Options

Baby Deals and Steals

We can use this thread to post great deals on baby stuff!

Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: Baby Deals and Steals

• Options
    I know it’s still crazy early, but Target is having their car seat trade in event now:

https://www.target.com/c/baby-sale/-/N-558or?lnk=Saleoncarseatss&Nao=0
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    I wanna also have a thread maybe separate from this??? For all really cute maternity clothes and gear for us moms. Should I post here or can someone make a new one? I have already been stocking up and would love to share my good deals I've gotten!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ktmaesim we could start a separate thread for maternity wear? Like more specific to expectant moms vs new moms? If you don’t know how to start the thread let me know and I can!
  • Options
    feel free and please do, I seriously barely know how to comment on this site! haha!!!
  • Options
    So.. For anyone looking to register. Walmart, target,amazon, and buy buy baby all give goodie bags when you make a baby registry. With amazon you get yours after the first 10$ purchase made from your registry. The website pennyhoarder has some great links for breast feeding (covers, pillows, wraps, etc) items for free, just pay shipping. I also use freecycle because depending on where your from they have some very nice baby stuff. Although it isn't brand new.
  • Options
    Is anyone else stressing about big purchases such as swings, bouncers, exersaucers etc? DS had a very pricey swing that he refused to use so I’m nervous to buy big ticket items that won’t be used. On the other hand with twins I feel like we need these things to contain them so I can get things done around the house. What are your thoughts on buying second hand swings and bouncers? Is it ok if it hasn’t been recalled and isn’t old? I would obviously bleach everything. 
  • Options
    @k_mama91 I bought a lot of things second hand for DS (mamaroo, bouncer, exercauser, stroller) and I think it was great.  I had good luck with Facebook marketplace.  There’s such a huge market for second hand baby stuff that it was easy to find exactly what I wanted.  Go for it!
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @k_mama91 with my first we bought almost everything second hand from church sales since we were in a one-bedroom condo and really didn't have any space, and I didn't want to feel guilty getting rid of it afterwards. We did end up keeping most of the stuff and then using it for our second. And in fact I've somehow accumulated more garage sale stuff along the way.
  • Options
    @k_mama91 I think second hand is great. Like the others said you can find some amazing things at great prices on Facebook market place, but I also had a lot of luck with freecycle and offerup. 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!! I’ve been looking around and think I’ll go that route, you never know what won’t be used or what you’ll use once and toss in the garage.