Infertility
Options

Keep trying FET or Fresh Cycle? **child and loss mentioned**

OkcaramarieOkcaramarie member
edited April 2019 in Infertility
Hi, I guess I'm not new here, but it's been a long time. I did IVF in 2012 and was fortunate enough to get six blastocysts. We transferred two fresh blasts with the cycle and were so lucky to have on healthy son who is now 6. 

We froze our four remaining (untested) blasts in pairs, and in 2015, we thawed one pair, transferred a blast and refroze the remaining blast. It was not successful, and we spent so much time talking ourselves out of being disappointed that it took us 3 years to decide to try again. We unthawed the remaining pair becasue the quality of those blasts was better than the remaining refrozen one, and tried again. We were able to re-freeze the other blast, but our transfer resulted in a chemical. 

So now we have two C blasts who have been thawed and refrozen, and have had 1/4 transferred blasts be successful. I was recently able to get insurance that will cover IVF but will only have access to it for a year. With this last transfer, I met my deductible. I'll be 40 in November. I'm debating whether or not we should just see if I have any eggs left and could get any better quality blasts that could be tested for chromosomal abnormalities that could be causing these other blasts to not implant or to end in chemicals. Initially my RE said, "let's just see what we get" but the blast we refroze was downgraded because it expanded before it could be refrozen, so now I can't decide if we would be better off trying again while we have insurance. 

What would you do? 

***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 39, DH: 41~ TTC since 2012
IVF (March 2012) = 6 blasts, 2 transferred, DS born December 2012
FET #1 (October 2015) = BFN
FET #2 (Apr 2019) = Beta only 8, waiting for confirming of loss
2 C quality untested blasts both thawed and refrozen left
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Keep trying FET or Fresh Cycle? **child and loss mentioned**

• Options
    Hi,
    If I were you I would quickly do another FET and transfer both embryos at the same time.  If it doesn't work, then I would immediately do another IVF both considering your age and the fact that insurance only covers for a year (that is weird by the way!)  Then, PGS, and maybe even do another round to bank embryos before you lose the coverage.  Good luck!
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Options
    Thank you! I wish I could do both, but in the event they both implant, I'm not able to carry twins due to some other complications. I just got confirmation that my HCG is a 1 today, so I'm stopping meds and then have an appointment May 9 to discuss next steps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml