December 2019 Moms
Options

Homebirth

Hi everyone, I'm currently pregnant with baby number 5 and considering home birth for this baby and wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has had experience with a homebirth? Thanks in advance .

Re: Homebirth

• Options
    I have personally not had a home birth, but I am friends with several people who have and a home birth midwife. If your previous 4 were straightforward births, I think you would probably be a good candidate. Talk to some home birth midwives if your area. There are also home birth groups on Facebook that would probably be more helpful than The Bump. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Options
    @brandidarling8 I had all five of my babies at home, and plan to have this one at home too. Feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll answer as best I can. Congratulations!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my 2nd at home. Best experience ever, total freedom to do what I need to do. I chose home birth with my 2nd and will have another home birth this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Hello :smile: I'm 6 weeks, 5 days pregnant with my first and I knew 10 years ago I wanted to experience a home birth. Took some time getting my husband on board but after watching 'The Business of Being Born' he was open to it. Are you going to be hiring a Doula? I just interviewed our Doula 2 days ago and fell in love with her!! Congratulations!!! 
  • Options
    Hi! My second was an unassisted homebirth, completely planned. My first was a vaginal delivery in a hospital which ended in an epidural/pitocin after a super long labor - but, aside from the drugs all went smoothly and I felt safe and comfortable with a homebirth for #2.  Everything went perfectly. I haven’t made any decisions for #3 yet and I’m currently wavering between a midwife assisted birth at a birth center or another homebirth, also midwife assisted. 
  • Options
    Hi! We are pregnant with #4. Our 1st was an emergency cesarean. Our 2nd was a hospital VBAC and our 3rd was the most peaceful homebirth! The recovery at home and having the midwives care for us from 8 weeks pregnant through 6 weeks postpartum was amazing! We are planning another homebirth for this sweet babe. 
  • Options
    Anyone registered with a birth center or a midwife already? I registered already 2 weeks ago because the only local one (a practice of 2 midwives and they always work together) fills up fast. I think for early December she probably is almost full. Crazy.
  • Options
    I think homebirth would be awesome to experience, unfortunately I can not have one due to my history. I do, however, have an amazing midwife who helped me with my son five years ago and will be with me during this pregnancy. I was lucky enough to have a natural birth, although at the hospital.