Infertility

May 2019 FET

Anyone else planning for a May FET? This will be my first. I have 11 month old twins from our first IVF transfer. With March coming to a close it'll be here sooner than I think! 

Re: May 2019 FET

• Hopefully I am!  My egg retrieval will be Tuesday-ish, and God willing we have some healthy, PGS normal embryos I will transfer at the end of May.

I also have twins from IVF (they're 6 now), but we didn't have any frosties so we had to start from scratch.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • I am supposed to at the end of May! We are doing our ER tomorrow morning...hoping for the best. Wondering if either of you ladies did a natural FET before or if you were on estrogen and progesterone?
  • Loading the player...
  • @ktrabing I hope ER went well!  I've never done a FET before, but I know mine will be medicated.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • This will be my first FET and will be medicated 
  • Hi there. I'm back again. If we do make it for the MAY FET, it will be our third transfer. We were on the November and January boards. Our first transfer didn't work with 1 normal 3AA CCS aka PGS tested embryo. 
    Our second transfer did work with a scratch test and antihistamine protocol but we found out we miscarried at 7 weeks. The fetus wasn't developing in the sac.
    This time, the doc is recommend Lovenox even though all my bloodwork indicates I don't have a clotting condition. So this time it's Lovenox every day up to 12 weeks and two embryos instead of 1.
    Ugh! Anyone have experience with Lovenox?

TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• We are planning a May FET with a donor embryo.  I have a polyp removed yesterday in quick day surgery.  We have three embryos through an agency and one we are trying to get from our friends with a left over.  They'll do estrogen, prog. suppositories and shots.

Never had FET before so just a little nervous at the unknowns.  Had the pre-test trial run and other than the Dr. decided to take out polyp all was normal.

Glad to have this group and others in the same boat.
  • aconklin214aconklin214 member
    edited April 2019
    Hi ladies,

I figured I would jump over to the May FET board just in case AF shows up in enough time for me to start all over. 

I'm coming off a canceled FET for April due to my lining not budging past 6.5 and a failed FET in February which was my one and only perfect blast (5AA). I have one left which we will be transferring (6BB). Our ER was in December. Out of 10 eggs we ended up with 2 blasts. 

I am 31, DH 32. All the issues lie with me. **TW** We have had 4 losses, one in 2008, one at 22 weeks due to Trisomy 18 in 2017, twins in 2018 and a blighted ovum in 2018. After the twins, we started seeing a RE.  I have Endo, MTHFR, and an immunological response that causes my body to attack the embryo as well as low progesterone during pregnancy. This is my last attempt with IVF and I am praying for a healthy, sticky blast. None of my blasts were PGS tested due to the high cost. 

I have no idea what my next protocol will look like. I've never had an issue with my lining until this FET and my RE mentioned changing everything. If AF shows up, my transfer will be the week of May 8th. 

• Hey all...will likely be doing a May fresh transfer so I will jump in with you ladies...i know it says FET but a transfer is a transfer i figure. 

To introduce myself...but first warning, child and loss mentioned....i am 36 years old and 8 years ago while 7 weeks pregnant with my now awesome 7 year old son, i was diagnosed with ovarian tumors and had my ovaries removed, leaving me no other choice but to use a donor egg for future children. After my son begging for a sibling for years and my husband and I desperately wanting one or more additional children, we embarked on the donor egg journey last year. We were matched with a donor and ended up with 3 embryos. Our first two transfers resulted in chemical pregnancies and the 3rd did not survive the thaw. Obviously not the outcomes were we’re hoping for. After careful consideration, we decided to put ourselves further in infertility debt and go with another donor. We have been matched with another donor and will likely begin the egg retrieval process in a couple weeks, leaving the transfer for sometime in May if timeline works out right. We are nervous to start this over again especially considering our bad luck last time, but i can honestly say I felt a real connection to this donor whereas last time we weren’t overly ecstatic with the donor profile but eager to get started and we settled. Other than not having my ovaries, i have no other issues and my doctor believes we just were unlucky with bad embryos last time. They were not PGS tested. 

Im so excited to share in this journey with you all. I met some great gals in this forum with my last cycles and still keep in touch with a few through a private Facebook group. Fingers crossed for many successes for us all!!
  • Hello Ladies
    This will be my first FET. I had polyp and a fibroid removed on 4/9 which put in the May FET group. I started 10 units of Lupron yesterday! We have one unaffected frostie. Blessings to everyone. May is our month
    Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)
  • Hi Ladies,
    I am officially scheduled for a May FET.  I went for my baseline this morning and just received my instructions. I start my meds tonight.

This protocol is unlike my other previous FET cycles. It includes the usual Estrace pills, Estradiol patches, Progesterone pills, PIO, Prenatal Vitamin, 81mg Aspirin, Medrol and Doxycycline, plus 15 unit of HCG daily, Neupogen injections, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, L-Arginine, Trental, and MetaNx.  

The Neupogen injections have me a little worried but anything for this to work. I'm scheduled for my transfer on May 8th but it may move up depending on how my lining responds to this new protocol.  This FET is more exciting then usual because a co-worker and I are doing this at the same time. 

Next US and BW is the 19th. Praying my lining is responding appropriately. 
  • Hello everyone!  I was active on these boards a couple of years ago.  I am 33, and my husband and I have a 17 month old son.  Now trying for another.  I had my baseline appointment today.  I am thinking my FET will be beginning of May.  I have 5 frozen blasts.  We transferred two in past cycles, but this time we will transfer one at a time because I delivered early due to pre-eclampsia, so cannot risk twins.  Looking forward to following everyone and connecting this month!
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Hi Ladies.... I'll being doing my FET in May with donor eggs. I started out on the April board, but my FET transfer is now scheduled for May 8th with my beta on May 20th. I'll be doing a medicated cycle. I started Lupron on April 9th and I'll start estradiol on April 16th. I'm so excited I've been waiting to start this process. I wish all you ladies good luck.

• @ Aconklin214 I have transfer scheduled for May 8th as well. 
  • pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    edited April 2019
    Hello All! We are all pretty close together on medication start dates. I started Lupron on April 10th. My baseline is scheduled for 4/19  
    Me and DH 44
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
  • Just had my first monitoring appointment. Lining is a 6. No med changes. Something in this protocol has made me super nauseas, I can barely eat. Usually I want to eat everything in sight haha. Next check is next Friday. Praying my lining continues to thicken.  We will also decide next Friday, based off my lining, if we are sticking to transferring on the 8th or moving the date up. 
  • @aconklin214- what meds are you on that are potentially making you nauseous?  I am currently only on estradiol.  I will take doxycycline close to my transfer, and I do remember from previous cycles that the doxy made me nauseous if I didn't eat with it.

As for me, my estimated transfer date is May 2, which is so early!  I thought about joining the April board, but I was kind of late for that one and it would have taken forever to catch up with everyone!
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

edited April 2019
    @LoveDontCostAThing I'm taking 15 units of HCG a day subcutaneously. It's either that or the half a dozen vitamins I'm on but the PA was leaning more towards the HCG. This is my third transfer attempt (1st one failed, 2nd was canceled) and the HCG and vitamins are the only difference between all 3. I'm also on Estradiol pills and Estrace patches but I never had an issue during the first 2 with the Estrogen. Last attempt we tried adding Dexamethasone which I gained 10 pounds on. I'll take the nausea lol
  • @aconklin214 -sorry to hear about your failed and canceled cycles :(  It's interesting to hear the different protocols.  What is the HCG for during a FET?  I am only on estradiol and will add progesterone closer to transfer, as well as the doxycycline (antibiotic.)  I don't mind FET cycles nearly as much as fresh because the FETs are so much less work and meds.
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @LoveDontCostAThing my last cycle was canceled because my lining wouldn't budge past 6.5. They added HCG this time with the hope of tricking my body into thinking it's already pregnant so my body would naturally secrete hormones.  The added vitamins have shown to help with lining thickening. My next lining check and bloodwork is Friday and I'm nervous. This is where the last cycle was canceled. 
  • @aconklin214 I really hope it does the trick!!!  extra injections are no fun either way :(  My fingers are crossed for you!  I also have a lining and bloodwork check this Friday.  Did you say your transfer is tentatively for May 8th?
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @LoveDontCostAThing yes 😁 I am secretly hoping it gets moved up though.
  • Hi all! We are hopefully starting our next FET cycle in May. This will be our 4th. 

TW Loss Mentioned

We've had several miscarriages and have had a hard time getting normal embryos so our RE wanted to cover all the bases and had us do an ERA test this week. If all goes well with that we should be starting our FET cycle in a couple weeks. 

Good luck to everyone with their retrievals and transfers!
    History in Signature 
    Me & DH: 33
    September 2015: Chemical pregnancy/Miscarriage
    October 2016:  1st IUI - BFN
    November 2016: 2nd IUI - Cancelled due to cyst
    December 2016:  3rd IUI - BFN
    January 2017: 4th IUI - BFN
    April 2017: 1st IVF Retrieval - 3 embryos (1 transferred, 2 frozen) - BFP 
    May 2017: Missed miscarriage @ 7 weeks, D&C
    August 2017: 1st FET - BFP & Miscarriage @ 6 weeks
    November 2017: Hysteroscopy to remove adhesion 
    December 2017: 2nd FET - BPF & Miscarriage @ 6 weeks
    February 2018: 2nd IVF Retrieval - 1 embryo, PGS tested normal 
    August 2018: 3rd FET - BFP & Miscarriage @ 5 weeks
    September 2018: DX with blood clotting disorder
    November 2018: 3rd IVF Retrieval - 2 embryos, both abnormal 
    February 2019: 4th IVF Retrieval w/TESA for DH - 2 Embryos, both PGS tested normal
    April 2019: ERA test
    June 2019: 4th FET - BFP & Miscarriage @ 5 weeks
  • Had my first ultrasound today.  On track for a 5/13 transfer.  The adopted embryos are all AA.  Will transfer one.  Starting estrogen patches and pills.  Surgery to remove polyp and prep lining went well and all looks good.
  • Just left my 2nd appt. Lining is an 8. Had my first Neupogen infusion too, which was a whole new experience. Signed all my consents and we are set to go on the 8th. I have one more appt next week for another Neupogen infusion. I can't wait for the 8th 😁
  • @aconklin214 --wahoo!!  that is great news!!

@orchid0404- hello & welcome :)

Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• Here is my update.  I went for my blood/ ultrasound appointment today.  I am Day 16.  My lining was a 13!  So that is good :)  My concern is my estrogen level, which is only a 172.  Never had this issue before.  The nurse didn't seem too concerned, but upped the estradiol (only by one pill.)  I asked what it should be, and she said in the 700-800s!  So, that does not sound good!  She seems to think the one more vaginal pill will help, but seems like I have a ways to go.  Transfer was tentatively set for May 2.  They will recheck on Monday.  Anyone have this issue?  All of my other levels were good.
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• LoveDon’tcostathing -our clinic is not taking blood work so I don’t know my numbers.  I am on two estrogen pills and a estrogen patch.  More meds are likely to help.  Fingers crossed!
  • @LoveDontCostAThing my last cycle my numbers were in the toilet (low 300s) but my lining also wasn't thickening even with the added estrogen. Your lining is amazing (I never get past 8) so that extra pill should definitely help. My first transfer I went from 2-3 a day and my numbers skyrocketed. Good luck Monday ♡
  • @bluguitarhannah- yes, i've head some clinics don't check estrogen.  I don't get why some do and some don't!    So, does the number matter or not?  Who knows!!  It's just more anxiety.  Also, why doesn't your clinic check any numbers?  Don't they need to know progesterone?  

@aconklin214- thanks, I am happy about my lining!  Never had an issue there, but also never had an issue with the estrogen, so hopefully the extra pill helps.  I just feel like one pill wouldn't make it jump from like 200 to 800.  I am now taking two vaginally and three orally per day.

Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• I had blood and ultrasound today.  My estrogen was over 1,000!  Wow, what one more pill can do! lol
    My lining was a 10 and a triple lining, which is what they want.  My transfer will be on Monday, 5/6--so in one week!  They don't do frozen transfers on the weekends and they do them on day 6 of taking progesterone, so I'll start progesterone on Wednesday. 

Anyone else have updates?  This board needs to get more active!
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• Hey! I’ve been keeping up, but I haven’t had anything to contribute yet. 

We finally got our PGS results back, and we have one perfect embryo baby to transfer. I’ve been on BCPs since 4/16 and started lupron this morning. My transfer will probably be the last week in May, so again, not too much going on over here at this point. 

MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    edited April 2019
    Hello
    I am on day 12 and had blood work and ultrasound this morning. They don't usually tell me the results of the blood work but lining is 9.75! Our transfer (of our one PGS/PGD normal frostie) is scheduled for May 8. 

Many Blessings to ALL!! 
    Me and DH 44
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
  • Hi all, finally have an update. I had been in a bit of a holding pattern waiting to see when my ERA results would come back and when my period would start. Unfortunately my period came early and we won't have the ERA results back in time. So look like we'll have to wait for my next period to do our transfer. I have a clotting disorder so they can't put me on BCPs. It's been 4 years and I still can't get over how much time you spend just waiting.

Good luck to everyone with their upcoming transfers! I've got my fingers crossed for you all :)

History in Signature 
    February 2019: 4th IVF Retrieval w/TESA for DH - 2 Embryos, both PGS tested normal
  • Ladies! So we ended up with 3 PGS normal embryos! We had a 5AA, a 6AA and a 5AB....so we are starting on our FET cycle this week. We will do birth control then start on a series of lupron injections, estradiol pills and projesterone injections. Everything should be a very small dose since my lining was up over a 9 fairly quickly during my IVF cycle. Can anyone help with what the cost of their meds were for the FET cycle? Just trying to plan for it :)
    edited May 2019
    @ktrabing about $100.00 for me. I have really good insurance that pays 80% of fertility treatments and almost all meds minus copays. 

@LoveDontCostAThing that's awesome!!! 2 days before me. I am so happy your numbers went up.

AFM, I go Thursday for one last check. I saw my blood work results yesterday and my Estrogen is almost where it was when we did the transfer in February and way higher then it was when my April transfer was canceled. Fingers cautiously crossed. As long as I am cleared, I'll start PIO, Progesterone suppositories, Medrol, Doxycycline, and Lovenox Friday night. I am dreading Lovenox more than PIO....Lovenox burns and the bruising is unreal. 
  • Happy almost May everyone! I'm on day 5 of Lupron and have my first ultrasound and labs on the 6th. My transfer won't be until the 21st or so. Jealous of all you early May transfers. Best of luck to everyone and keep the updates coming!! 
  • Wahoo!  The board is picking up haha ...hello to everyone new!  I haven't done a FET for awhile.  I did fresh last time, which has to be perfectly timed.  It seems FET can be more controlled?  I was a little confused because my transfer was going to be this Thursday, 5/2.  However, they don't do FETs on the weekend, so they said it had to be on Monday, 5/6 so that I could be on progesterone for 6 days.  Anyway, it just made me nervous that they can just "push it off."  They are a great clinic, so I'm sure they know what they are doing.
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @doubleblessings1124 Same! Mine will probably be around 5/27. 

@ktrabing We are OOP for everything, but insurance covered a couple boxes of estrogen patches, the antibiotic, and the prednisone. It was $662 for lupron, PIO, estrogen tabs and the other estrogen patches. 

Good luck to everyone this month!!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • @ktrabing I would recommend checking around at a few different pharmacies. You'd be surprised how different their prices can be. I haven't had to do the lupron injections, but have done estrace pills and PIO injections. Those have been pretty reasonable in my experience (especially compared to the retrieval meds), $50-$150 range depending on how much you need. Good luck!
    History in Signature 
  • Hello All,
    I am on CD3 and just had bloodwork, waiting for results to make sure thyroid is under control and there are no other issues. I am having an FET ~ May 17 with one day 5 blast. I'm a little concerned as my AF only lasted one day! This has never happened to me hence getting BW done today (1st scheduled was supposed to be May 8 CD10). I'm hoping all it means is I will do a medicated cycle instead of the planned natural cycle. I'm 33 with two frosties. Anyone else scheduled around May 17 or doing a natural cycle?