Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY - Friday 4/26

Tell us (or show us) your worst scars and how you got them.

Re: GTKY - Friday 4/26

• The only scars I have are from my surgery to remove a cyst on my ovary and do ovarian drilling. I also have two tiny ones, one on my arm from a baking incident and one on my finger from when I dug out a deep sliver as a kid. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a scar above my right eye from flipping over the handle bars of my bike and landing face first on the gravel driveway. Another scar I have is from opening a can. I was like 4 or 5 and my mom let me open the dog food can. I stuck my finger in to get the lid out and sliced my finger almost down to the bone. I also have a scar on my abdomen from a surgery. 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    I have a pretty nasty l-shaped scar on my finger from using a mandoline while drinking champagne. It needed 8 stitches to put my finger together again. I still only have partial feeling in my fingertip.

Eta: spelling 
  • My worst one is probably the 6 inch scar on the middle of back followed by the 4 inch one on my side.  Both are from surgery to implant my spinal cord stimulator. I also have a 4-5 inch on on my ankle from surgery as well.  My stomach has several smaller scars too from my gallbladder removal and this newest surgery for my ovarian torsion.  I have lots of little scars on my hand, legs and arms but those are all from being clumsy.  
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @ruby696 the bottom of my feet and palms of my hands tingled while reading your story 😬. Note to self: mandolins and champagne don’t work well together. 
  • I have a pretty decent scar on my shin from a hot glue gun. I did it middle school and told my mom it was from shaving so that she would end my crafting!
  • @kbrown2385 It was pretty bad and there was quite a bit of profanity. It was Christmas Eve, so when we got back from the ER, I had more champagne. Because, why not? 🤷‍♀️
  • I have been lucky to avoid injuries that would leave a scar. I just have one small one in my armpit from a lymph node biopsy 8 years ago. 
  • I have a scar at the bottom of my belly button and 3 small 1/4" ones on my stomach/side all from my gallbladder surgery.

Most interesting scar is a triangle on my pinky finger, right at the bend. I actually cannot fully straighten my finger because of it, so it permanently looks like a hunchback finger. :D When I was younger (maybe 8/10?) I was cleaning the fishbowl. I was short so I used the bathroom pedestal sink because I could reach it. Well it didn't fit very well and I sort of dropped it and it shattered. Glass went everywhere, I was standing in place, twisting around looking all over to see if I was ok. I twisted one direction and felt something on my hand. Glass came out of my finger and it was gushing blood. ER visit, the cut was too wide and deep that I basically just had to wear a huge thing of gauze around the entire finger for a couple weeks. Of course it was my dominant hand.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• My worst scar are the six or seven on both knees. I was a stupid 11 year old kid at the YMCA who was dared to run on the treadmill as fast as it could go. I lasted like 10 seconds, wiped out, and off went the skin on my knees. They have really lightened up over the years but you can still see it!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• One day when I was little I was home sick doing homework in my parents' bed. It was super high, so I didn't see when I put my knee up to climb in that my super sharp pencil was sitting right there and it jabbed into my leg right above my knee. So not a scar, but a nice mark of pencil lead or graphite or whatever you call it.

I also have a dent in my shin from tripping on our stairs (spiral staircase with a metal frame).
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I have little scars on my chin and one of my knees from falling off my tricycle when I was maybe 5, when an older girl who was a friend of some family friends knocked into me. My mom told me recently the girl actually seemed to do it on purpose and there was some minor drama over it! I had no idea.

• Oof. I have a bunch, especially from cooking, but I’ll just post the highlights.
    I have scars on my shins from when I decided in 5th grade if I wasn’t allowed to shave my legs yet, I’d just improvise with scissors. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I think at the time I was still happy with my workaround.
    I have a scar on my heel from doing dance aerobics in my bedroom where I did some kind of move backwards into an open closet door...1 year post college.
    In December (just a few month ago), I closed the car trunk without giving myself enough distance, so I hit the bridge on my nose. Both painful and embarrassing that I’m still doing this stuff to myself. I don’t think I’ve ever been called graceful. 😂
  • I’ve got a lot from 4 surgeries, plus a jelly jar incident when I was 2... but I’ll count this one. I was 5 and being chased by a boy with a stick. I ran to our apartment’s back door, which always stuck. My twin was on the other side and both of our wrists went through the glass while we were pulling and trying to get it open. I was bleeding everywhere, but only needed 4 stitches. She needed microsurgery since it hit a tendon. 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility