September 2019 Moms

GTKY: Guilty Pleasure Songs!

We’re all (slightly) embarrassed by some of our song choices back in the day - what are your guilty pleasure songs / songs that STILL make you smile and dance??

Re: GTKY: Guilty Pleasure Songs!

• I’ll admit I’m known to bust a dance move or two to Aqua or ABBA (and their little cousin, the A*teens). DH has the same guilty pleasure as me!! So we can be dorks together!!!

Also, we love the musical (and movie) Mamma Mia...mostly because of the music!!
  • RedBreast35RedBreast35 member
    edited April 2019
    Haha @lillywonderland I had a friend who used to LOOOOOVE Aqua and would blast it in her car all the time.

I guess my guilty pleasure songs are a little more angsty.  Old school incubus, Bush, The Fray (lol, thanks Grey's Anatomy), Dashboard Confessional.  And basically everything in this Buzzfeed list  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • @lillywonderland Not even joking - I've had the A*teens CD in my car's CD player for like 10 years and DH and I play it every time we go on a road trip  :#

I still have a soft spot for Simple Plan, and I will never ever stop loving the Backstreet Boys (actually going to see them in concert in July when I'm 1123185 months pregnant!)
  • @cammie0526 I saw florida georgia line, nelly and backstreet boys last summer when I was also 163545 months pregnant and it was LITERALLY THE BEST CONCERT EVER.
  • Old Miley Cyrus songs (Party in the USA, See You Again, etc). 
    Toxic by Britney Spears
    Anything by BSB and N*Sync (that's right, I love them BOTH).

I feel like I could go on for a while. I just love nostalgic music lol. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited April 2019
    I don’t feel guilty about liking most music but the one I’d probably get flamed for is Miley Cyrus. I love her music and her voice! Party in the USA comes on and I will shamelessly sing my heart out to it.

ETA: @zuuls_mom Yes! I'm not alone!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @zuuls_mom, @LJMoon6 So am I cool or not for seeing Miley in concert in 2009?!?!?

bahahahah. I love Miley’s voice. She’s got the best voice out there nowadays IMO. Have you heard her do a cover of Jolene??? It’s on YouTube and IT IS LIKE THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!
  • edited April 2019
    @LJMoon6 Bangerz gave me life when it came out. I will still blast Wrecking Ball any time it comes on.

I have no shame in still loving the emo music of my high school years. A lot of great albums are doing 10 and 15 year reunion tours now. The best was Mae’s The Everglow reunion tour! 

I also love jamming to 90s country!

ETA: spelling 
  • @lillywonderland YES! The one with her, Dolly and Pentatonix singing it is my fave. It's AMAZING.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @RedBreast35 meant to ask - how “old school” Incubus are you going - because science, make yourself and morning view were basically the soundtrack of my (and my bff’s!) HS career. We LOVED Incubus!!!
  • @lillywonderland YUP!!  Those are the ones!  And I've got a couple of years on you, so those were college jams for me!  
  • A little Ace of Bass, anyone? 😂😉
  • The first CD I ever bought by myself was Shania Twain's Come on Over. It came out in '97, but I was only 9 then. I bought it when I was in 7th grade. Everyone at my school listened to boy bands and pop music but I grew up with classic rock and hippie folk music. I remember being made fun of for liking the Beatles. Joke was on you, Jenny!! The Beatles are fucking awesome!!

I went through a death metal phase in 8th grade and a punk phase in high school until I discovered 90s grunge. Nowadays I listen to pretty much everything except top 40 type songs. Post Malone, who?
  • I will never tire of Call Me Maybe
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Guilty pleasure? I don't feel guilty about my love of N'Sync or Katy Perry or Miley or Eminem or Flo Rida. I like to roll my windows down and share the obnoxious, get stuck in your head songs. 😆
  • NSYNC 4 lyyyyyyyfe! I love 90s pop and hip hop, but mostly just listen to country music!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 80s hair bands.  It's my go to when I clean my house and need the motivation to keep moving.