Baby Names

Middle Name for Baby Girl Ezra

We are considering the name Ezra for a baby girl. We know it’s traditionally a boy’s name, but we are in love with it. Please leave suggestions for a middle name and keep the comments positive. Thank you! 

Re: Middle Name for Baby Girl Ezra

• I’d make sure the middle name is clearly female and doesn’t end in A.

Ezra Claire
    Ezra June
    Ezra Louise
    Ezra Penelope
    Ezra Ruby
    Ezra Catherine
    Ezra Annabelle 
    Ezra Elizabeth 
  • Loading the player...
  • morgannolan93morgannolan93 member
    edited April 2019
  • Ezra Christina
  • When we were considered it for a gender neutral option we really liked Ezra Marin
  • When we were considered it for a gender neutral option we really liked Ezra Marin
    Sorry, but It is not gender neutral.
  • So, quick question can you now slap any boys name on a girl and make that name gender neutral? What. Is. Happening.
  • Esme Claire
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited April 2019
    So, quick question can you now slap any boys name on a girl and make that name gender neutral? What. Is. Happening.
    When talking to someone about putting boy names on girls (she wanted to name her baby girl Zeke Addison), I asked that same question, I got this response:  "there is nothing wrong with masculinizing girls, but to feminize boys degrades them." I rolled my eyes and laughed. 

• So, quick question can you now slap any boys name on a girl and make that name gender neutral? What. Is. Happening.
    When talking to someone about putting boy names on girls (she wanted to name her baby girl Zeke Addison), I asked that same question, I got this response:  "there is nothing wrong with masculinizing girls, but to feminize boys degrades them." I rolled my eyes and laughed. 

That makes me so stabby.
  • How about Ezra Jo or Ezra Jane. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• A friend of mine is called Esra, which is a feminine name in countries like Turkey. I think it's a beautiful name :) 

Esra Louise
    Esra Mae
    Esra Victoria
    Esra Hope
    Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Proud mama of DD (3/2017)
    + one fur baby ♥

• I think Ezra is such a beautiful name that it makes complete sense for it to be used as a girl's name.

Ezra Ariel (Ariel was a messenger sent by Ezra in the Bible)
    Ezra Rachel 
    Ezra Grace

Ezra Abigail

•  :s The "gender neutral" comment is such crap.
    Anytime someone wants justification for slapping a masculine name on a female so that they can be trendy and cool, they use gender neutral...

• k_mama91k_mama91 member
    edited April 2019
    Geez rough crowd ☝️ Pretty much all the comments were hateful. If OP is set on Ezra for DD I would go with Ezra Claire or Ezra Grace to give it a girly flare. 
  • Ashly, Aubrey, Courtney, Leslie, Kelsey, Stacey, Whitney, all used to be boy names.
  • @captainanna So did Meredith, Allison, Beverly, and Carol. That doesn’t mean that I’d want to walk around with a traditionally male name. Would you mind if your name was Ezra, (and since other names are being brought into this) Rufus, Greg, or Simon? I guess you’d eventually learn how to deal with it but geez, why would you give your kid something to have to deal with, being a kid is hard enough.
  • @Wishilivedinflorida well saying “slapping boys names on girls is annoying” is hateful IMO. I do agree that MN isn’t nearly as important unless it is a double name. I have a few “boy names” on my list for DD and it would just be my personal preference to use a more feminine MN. James would be cute for OP’s baby girl Ezra too. 
  • k_mama91 said:
    @Wishilivedinflorida well saying “slapping boys names on girls is annoying” is hateful IMO. I do agree that MN isn’t nearly as important unless it is a double name. I have a few “boy names” on my list for DD and it would just be my personal preference to use a more feminine MN. James would be cute for OP’s baby girl Ezra too. 
    It's not hateful, it's TRUE. - seriouly consider on your boy list put on: Alice, Grace, Evelyn, Jillian, Marie.  That is so cute! 
  • @harpseal135 thanks for the input! I'll also be considering Patricia, Zoe, and Caroline for a boy! I'm sure your kids names are just as cute!
  • k_mama91 said:
    @harpseal135 thanks for the input! I'll also be considering Patricia, Zoe, and Caroline for a boy! I'm sure your kids names are just as cute!
    Yup, I don't name my baby girl a masculine name :) to be kool.