Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 4/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Thursday 4/25

• bows22bows22 member
    edited April 2019

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Sex EOD and tracking CM

R/R: I have a networking event that I have to go to tonight and am not really looking forward to it. I like to go home on weeknights. At least there will be booze? 

ETA: sorry I kind of ghosted yesterday, but thank you everyone for the kind words ❤️. I’m in a much better place today

• Month/Cycle: 29/3 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: metformin, clomid w/monitoring, TI, progesterone after o, Tempdrop, opk, pnv, ubiquinol, vit c,d,e, methylfolate, baby aspirin, ww, low carb

R/R: Apparently we lost a library book 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t believe it because I specifically count all the books we return and make sure everything is there. We go weekly and take out at least 7 books at a time and it’s never happened before. After tearing apart the house and cars yesterday I’m certain it’s not here. I’m thinking of going to double check the library shelves today to make sure they didn’t miss it when checking it in. 

CS/Q:

• Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 that would drive me nuts about the library book. I’d totally go check the shelves 
  • mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: BBT, FF, HIO, PNVs

R/R: Rant: TB was down yesterday and I never got back to check in.
    Also, my boss surprised me by "voluntelling" me to speak for 10 minutes at a leadership class of co-workers. So everyone had power point presentations and I was not prepared and felt super uncomfortable.
    Rave: Getting closer to the weekend!

CS/Q: Posting in spoiler 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO

R/R: Yesterday I messaged "I have EWCM" to MH and he wrote back "packing up!" He didn't have to leave early, but it was a sweet gesture.

Now that the weather is nice, I am trying to get back to my daily 2 mile walks. 

I am not looking forward to the TWW, blah.

CS/Q: I know they say that sperm can stay in your body up to 5 days, but does anyone know if this actually happens IRL?

Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @MrsVP614 That suuuuucks... Did she say why she gave you such a short notice?
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @MrsVP614 that’s really annoying about your boss. I would devote extra time to bumping today in retaliation haha
  • @bows22 - Glad you are doing better today.

@kbrown2385 - That happened to our family once. I don't think they charged us too much, maybe $10-15? I accidentally left it on a plane, so at least I know I lost it. 

@MrsVP614 - Ugh, I would have absolutely refused. I don't speak impromptu.

@bobbyflies2020 - The 5 day thing probably does happen, just to those unicorns out there. Average is probably closer to 2 or 3 days.

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, HIO

R/R: When we got home yesterday, our tv and internet were done, so it was a quiet evening. I mostly read, and DH puttered around the house fixing things and doing little projects. Hopefully it will be fixed before we run out of data!

CS/Q: Sad, lonely dot. But at least it's pre-O temp, so I should be able to see a rise.

• @bows22 Hope you can enjoy the event tonight! I get it - doing things on weekdays are so tough! 

@kbrown2385 Hope you can find the book! Hopefully it was them not paying attention! That temp rise is looking so pretty!

@MrsVP614 Oh no! That's so rough about the presentation! I bet you still did great! 

@bobbyflies2020 Too funny about YH! Hope you can enjoy those walks! I think most of the sperm die in 24-48 hours. I think those people had like super sperm or something lol.

@marebear15 Quiet evenings are so nice sometimes! Hopefully they fix it soon, though! Love the dot lol.

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamins B Complex, C, D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping, FighterDiet, FD Fight or Flight, CBD Oil

R/R: I've been running late every day this week. Something so random happens each day lol. I lost another two pounds this week which confuses me since I let loose this weekend! Also - DH was super cute last night and today I'm like a school girl with a crush  :D.

CS/Q: This is the steadiest my temps have been, ever lol. Hoping to get a surge tomorrow! 

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @bows22 I’m super annoyed about the book. I’m glad you’re feeling better today. Good luck with your event tonight!

@MrsVP614 that’s so shitty of your boss. I’m sure you did great though!

@brookert615 great job on the weight loss! 

@marebear15 the book is only like $6 so it’s not a big deal if we have to pay. It’s just annoying. Hope the cable gets fixed soon! 

@bobbyflies2020 hope you’re able to enjoy a walk today! 
  • @bows22 yay for there at least being booze. And glad you are feeling better!

@kbrown2385 oh that’s frustrating!

@MrsVP614  that’s awful. I hate being unprepared so that would be my worst nightmare 

@bobbyflies2020 that’s really sweet of YH!

@marebear15  that’s no fun about your TV and internet! Hoping for a quick fix for you!

@brookert615  I hate those weeks where you just feel off kilter the entire time. Hoping things get less crazy!

Month/Cycle: 9/ 1AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: still waiting for MH to get home...then lots of HIO. Also PNV

R/R: Jumping back in here in the hopes that MH will be home soon. He’s been sitting doing nothing for a couple days now just waiting on a flight. But they are sending single guys home before the one s with families. Oh and instead of a flight he’s probably going to be on a freaking bus for 20+ hours. So that is an epic rant in and of itself. Hoping O holds off until he is home. Rave: the power is back on and the rain finally stopped. So that’s good 

CS/Q:nope...unless someone can give me a way to postpone O 😐
  • Month/Cycle: 1/2 

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: FF/BBT/CM, NP Thyroid, Progesterone Cream, Multi, D, Omega 3, Probiotic, ThyroMax, Methylated B-Complex, Magnesium Bisglycinate. DH is on Multi, D, Omega 3 w/ CoQ10

R/R: I'm ok with CD1, we just started and are taking more of a relaxed approach for now. I also wasn't expecting much with +1 as our timing since I was sick during the FW.

CS/Q: Nothing yet.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @MrsJessS So sorry to see you back here  <3. Sorry YH is stuck away! Hope O can hold off for you guys!

@m6agua Glad to see you have a relaxed approach! 
    TW
  • @bows22 I hope the event isn't so bad. I also like to just stay home on weeknights.
    @kbrown2385 I hope you can solve the mystery of the library book.
    @mrsvp614 That sucks that your boss did that. Hopefully they give you more notice in the future for things like that.
    @bobbyflies2020 I'm sure it does happen, but probably a pretty small % of the time, they are probably just a couple super sperm in the right place at the right time. That is just my thoughts, no scientific evidence backing it.
    @marebear15 I hope they fix your service soon! We switched to unlimited data a while ago and I am glad. I am a Graphic Designer and I work best with noise so I will either have a podcast, show or movie on my phone. Most of the time I try to download them and not use data, but I don't always get the chance.
    @brookert615 I feel like this has just been a weird week all around!
    @mrsJessS Oh the joys of the military and travel. One time DH was supposed to come home on leave and was delayed by hours (sitting on the plane) because his plane was missing a small rug. He always told me stories about how they would sit and do nothing often too.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Month/Cycle: 13/13

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, OPK, Ubiquinol

R/R: We went out for lunch yesterday and same thing for dinner and I am paying for it today. I didn't eat too much but the food is definitely too rich for my digestive system. I have a beach vacation in 2 months so I need to be super strict with my diet now.

CS/Q:
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup Hope you feel better soon!  <3
    TW
  • @MrsVP614 that is like my worst nightmare. I’m so impressed you pushed through! And I agree, extra bumping today for you. 

@MrsJessS why would they send the single guys home first?!? I’m sorry for that sucky frustration. 

@brookert615 that’s so sweet about your DH. That school girl crush feeling is the BEST! Lol

@marebear15 sometimes those quiet evenings are the most restorative! You reading anything good?

Month/Cycle: 6

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OvuSense Temping, Maca (I’ve sucked at remembering to take it though), loosing weight.. kinda lol, OPKs, supplements for DH and sperm friendly food (MFI issues).

R/R: rant: I still can’t decide what I’m going to do about this bridesmaid dress situation. It has an inch and a half or so that it won’t zip and a month until the wedding. Loose weight or have it turned into a corset back..... I feel like a failure if I just go straight to the corset back without even trying to fit in it, but don’t want to wait till the last second. Ugh. 

CS/Q: temps have been really steady! What kind of FW length do you guys have? I feel like with my o dates being such a broad range that FF gives me a really long one... like 11 days. That’s five days of sex in 11 and that sounds EXHAUSTING! Lol

• @kbrown2385 that is exactly what I would do if I were in your situation.

@bows22 I get you. I am the same way. I like to be home on weeknights. I feel like I am missing/forgetting something otherwise. My mind needs time to unload and recollect.

@MrsVP614 wow, bad move from your boss.

@bobbyflies2020 lol at your H.

@marebear15 don't you wish the internet/tv were down more often? :D

@brookert615 this isn't surprising about the weight loss. When I do WW, I break plateau by eating more during the weekend. The idea is that it sends a signal to your body that it can burn the fat since there is plenty of fuel. No need to store it.

@MrsJessS what does your H do that he has to sit and wait for a flight for days?!

@m6agua sorry about CD1.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @madcouplewithabox Ah, what a tough situation about the dress! 

@rikiteacup Yes! I'll take it! lol 
    TW
  • @brookert615 - I love those times when you are just giddy with love towards YH!

@MrsJessS - I know many people have delayed O after a MC. Maybe that will happen for you? Mine ended up being right on time.

@m6agua - Sorry for CD1. We just upped from 4GB to 8GB, so hopefully that will be enough data for us.

@madcouplewithabox - I just posted in Randoms, I'm reading Throne of Glass series. So good!

@rikiteacup - It was kind of nice to do non-screen things last night.
    I get an upset stomach if I eat out too much too.
  • @bobbyflies2020 He's just flighty and forgot/overlooked an email. *eye roll* 
    @MrsJessS Fingers crossed for you!
    @marebear15 I hope they fix your service! We'd be screwed. It's sad how much we now rely on the internet, but that's how we watch TV and everything! 
    @brookert615 Awesome with the weight loss! I've been so bad at WW lately, but unfortunately mine has shown up on the scale! Ha! 
    @madcouplewithabox I would go ahead and change it. You're definitely not a failure, but it's not fair to yourself to be so stressed out, when there's ultimately an easy fix. Then if you lose the weight, it'll still work.

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @marebear15 this seems like exactly my kind of book. Think I’ll try it out when I’m done with my current no-brain fluff I’m reading 🤣

@MrsVP614 you’re probably right. Best to do it just in case:) ugh, I hate fittings lol
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKs, tracking BBT and CM in FF, lots of healthier lifestyle things for me and H.

R/R: H recently joined a gym and has been really enthusiastic about going and getting back in shape. I’m proud of him and also really need to get in that zone myself. We’re in the FW now and I’m a bit nervous since our timing hasn’t been so great in recent months. I want maximize timing without putting too much pressure on H, or getting too disappointed if it doesn't happen the way I want... which feels kind of impossible. 

CS/Q: 

• @bows22 glad to hear you're feeling better today.

@kbrown2385 how irritating! I hope you find the book!

@MrsVP614 ugh! not cool on your boss' part. Good for you for getting through that!

@bobbyflies2020 lol at your text to YH!

@marebear15 hope you get your internet sorted out soon. 

@brookert615 so sweet what you said about YH. I love that feeling. 

@MrsJessS wow, that's a super frustrating situation. FX that the timing of O and his flight/bus home work out perfectly for you!

@m6agua props to you for your laid back approach...trying to channel it.

@rikiteacup sorry you're not feeling well!

@madcouplewithabox you are not a failure! If making the alteration now is going to take pressure off of you and give you one less thing to worry about, I say do it! 

• @madcouplewithabox - Well, I have to admit, it is a YA read, so it's pretty much another no-brain fluff, but it's also so good!

@bluebirdbluebird - It's hard getting into the habit of working out!
  • @bluebirdbluebird That's wonderful YH is excited about getting back to the gym! It is sometimes hard trying to find the balance of taking advantage of the FW. Sometimes it's nice to just try to have fun during it instead of feeling forced. 
    TW
  • edited April 2019
    @marebear15 it’s gotta have more brain power than the romances I’ve been reading 🤣 My current book has lines like “(describing his manhood) “jutting out in front of him despite the cold, carving his way through the water like the prow of a ship” 🙄 I’m mean.. really?! Lol I have to set the book down just to laugh every so often. 

Edit to put in spoiler box.... adult content 🤣
  • @madcouplewithabox - Oh my word, yes it's better than those romance books. Just don't want you to think that it's this amazing classic or anything. It's a fun good read!
  • @kagesstarshroom Hurry up, kages ovaries so we can be TWW friends LOL. It is SO hard waking up when it's crummy outside. That's so cool about the festival! Good luck at your reading :)
    TW
  • @bobbyflies2020 I’ve been trying to get into the habit of daily walks too. I hope I can keep it up even when it gets hot/humid this summer 

@marebear15 no tv or internet sounds so relaxing in theory, but I’m sure it would get old quickly haha so I hope your service is back up and running soon 

@brookert615 good job on the weight loss - you must be doing something right!

@MrsJessS that’s so frustrating about YH. he’s probably so antsy to get home too! hopefully he gets a flight soon and doesn’t have to take the bus 

@m6agua glad you are past the +1 cycle and can start fresh!

@rikiteacup I go out to lunch at work and people make fun of me for ordering plain simple things but I do it for the exact reason you mentioned, too much rich restaurant food makes me feel like crap. Hopefully you feel back to normal soon

@madcouplewithabox I vote corset back. you are NOT a failure but you deserve to be comfortable! A wedding is a long day 

@bluebirdbluebird I have no real advice but good luck this FW and I hope you find a balance that works for you guys 

@kagesstarshroom have fun at the festival! That sounds great! Even without alcohol haha

• @madcouplewithabox laughing at the excerpt of the book your reading 🤣

@kagesstarshroom maybe in 100 years they will find this damn book and I can get my $6 back haha. It wasn’t on the shelf when I looked though so I’ll be tearing my house apart again today. 

@marebear15 I got that book from the library and the librarian also said it was really good. Looking forward to start reading it!
  • Lurking from TWW

@bobbyflies2020 I've always wondered that too re: sperm life. Haha! I feel like 24-48 hrs seems like a more accurate lifespan for sperm, but I have zero facts to back that up.  :D
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @m6agua I can believe that 110% it’s absolutley absurd. 

@madcouplewithabox I have a couple answers to that question but none of them are polite 😂 I have choice words for the Army most days 

@rikiteacup he’s in the Army. So this is par for the course really. If it wasn’t for O coming up I wouldn’t even be worried 

@marebear15 I hope so! Really if it’s on time or late I’m good. As long as I don’t O early we should be ok

@bows22 yeah he’s super frustrated. Things are looking better for getting a flight so here’s hoping it stays that way
  • @bobbyflies2020 If I remember correctly from TCOYF, sperm life is lengthened when you have watery/EWCM--it's less likely to be able to swim/live in other types of CM? If I remember correctly there are like microscopic close up replications like of the sperms surviving because they can swim in the EWCM but not being able to swim in the sticky CM. SO, short story long, if 5 days before O you've got some EWCM, they might make it?

@kbrown2385 I hope you don't have to wait 100 years, but.... lol at the thought.

@brookert615 FW "starts" today so hopefully I'm not too far behind!

apropos of nothing sidenote about my FW: MH is getting his (very long) hair cut (very short) so I'm excited to not be tickled in the face by long hair when we dtd later in celebration of the onset of the FW.
  • @bows22 I hated going somewhere after work. I now understand why my mom would make such a fuss if I asked her to stop anywhere!! I hope you enjoyed yourself. Were the drinks good?

@kbrown did you find the book? I need to make use of our library more! We live around the corner from it.

@rikiteacup I SO feel you on that. I am visiting my parents in Florida & I have deviated from my usual diet. I was in so much pain. I don’t eat gluten or dairy, but I had a huge slice of carrot cake on Monday and why?!?!

Month/Cycle: Cycle #4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Temping via Ava bracelet, checking CM/CP, this is day three of adding a vitamin B complex to my regime in addition to the prenatal.

R/R: Got my CD 3 bloodwork back (checked FSH, prolactin, estradiol, free t3, free t4, & TSH)…… All fine/normal. What the heck, man?! I am salty still about how my appointment went down on Monday. It wasn’t with my usual doctor and I felt like the doctor I saw didn’t get what I was saying. I am ovulating on CD 21 and my cycles are 30-ish days. My luteal phases are too short. She didn’t seem to understand what that even meant. I feel a little looney because I feel like I have identified the problem but 1) I have no solution and 2) my doctor isn't listening. 

CS/Q:

Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• @nolemama24 the wine was actually very good! I stayed longer than I wanted to because there was a specific person I wanted to get in front of and she was very popular...but overall it was fine. I’d be frustrated about your appointment too. Are you able to send a message to your regular doctor or call? 
  • @nolemama24 I here you on the doc not listening to you part. I just wanted to mention, are you sure your thyroid levels are optimal. I know my doc would say mine were "normal" every time but ignore my symptoms. Turns out while they were within the lab range (which is just a bell curve of everyone tested - not necessarily healthy population) they were not optimal for feeling my best. Here is an example chart of optimal levels. As for the short LP, I would think 7dpo blood work would be more helpful. I think low progesterone can factor in a short LP.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua oh crap. Based on the chart you posted above, my levels were not in that range at all. My TSH was ever so slightly over that, my free T3 was WAY lower than that, and my free t4 was lower than that, too. What do I do? I feel like no doctor is going to care since technically they are normal per their scale. I find it interesting that since getting diagnosed nearly two years ago, my medication hasn't changed in dosage. I went from Synthroid (brand) to the generic Levothyroxine because in the UK they don't do "brand" name drugs. Do any of you see a functional medicine doctor?? I am thinking of seeing one since I am here in the US for the next 5 weeks but I am balking at the prices. 

Also, I have scheduled on CD 21 progesterone blood work and then a week later an ultrasound. Should I be swapping those two appointments?
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021