1st Trimester

Positive clear blue weeks indicator followed by red blood

Hi mummys, I am pretty confused here. I took a clearblue weeks indicator pregnancy test & to my surprise it was positive 1-2 weeks far along. The next day when I went to the bathroom I peed out a bit of red blood. I’ve had a pad on since then and was able to determine I’m spotting on my pad but not enough to soak it like my usual period. No cramping. But when I pee, a little to medium amount of red blood comes out along with my pee. I tested again as I was bleeding, on a clearblue weeks indicator which came out negative and I tested with a first response early detection which came a very faint line. Could it be that the pregnancy tests im taking are not accurate (being that they’re being dipped in pee and blood) im hoping all is ok. I was so happy to see I was pregnant 1-2 weeks. My nipples were very sensitive and now they are less sensitive but could it be implantation bleeding and I felt more symptoms before than now ??! What can this be? I did beta hcg blood test and waiting for results which should be in by tomorrow. Any advice or experiences would help. Thank you 

Re: Positive clear blue weeks indicator followed by red blood

• You keep saying you are peeing out blood. If this is the case you need to call your doctor as you could have a UTI or other infection. 
  • Thank you for your reply! I don’t feel in anyway way that I can have a UTI ? Is UTI silent ? I did blood tests yesterday and should get results by today or tomorrow but I can’t help but keep wondering. In the blood tests they can detect if any infection I am guessing ... does this seem like a miscarriage because now that I am testing it’s negative but could it be because my urine is not solely urine ? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @miap11 The weeks indicator tests cannot accurately determine a pregnancy's date (they aren't sold in the US anymore for this reason), but they should be able to tell if pregnant. I'm sorry you're going through this, but bloodwork will be able to tell for sure if pregnant.

TW

My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, and the same thing happened to me. I got the positive tests and then a week or so later the test was negative and I started bleeding the next day. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Thank you for your reply! So then the weeks indicator wouldn’t be accurate in stating I was pregnant or not or just for the weeks? I should have tested with another stick on the day that I got the positive from clear blue just to confirm it. I didn’t think to do so. Would you think this would be a case of Subchorionic hemorrhage? But then again I’m thinking why did I get a negative test after the bleeding. I’m anxiously waiting for my hcg blood test results. If it’s a chemical pregnancy or an early miscarriage would I consider this bleeding as my period or I would have to wait for my period to come ??
  • Can you clarify? Is the blood coming out of your urethra or vagina? It’s a pretty critical distinction here.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Definitely vagina. What’s the difference? 
  • @miap11 it is totally different as the above poster said which is why I asked. A UTI isn’t “silent” if you are peeing blood. That’s a very glaring symptom something is wrong. You said the blood is coming out of your vagina not your urethra which would mean you aren’t peeing blood. Either way I would call your doctor. A miscarriage would not cause you to pee blood as you asked, since you don’t pee out of your vagina.
  • Just here to add that painless (vaginal) bleeding is not always nothing to worry about. It turned out not to be ok in 2/4 of my pregnancies. Otherwise, solid info in PP^. 

Regardless, OP, go see a doctor. Also, to answer your question, yes, you can have bacteria in your urine that is otherwise “silent,” which should always be treated in pregnant women. That’s why they make you pee in a cup all the time (in addition to other reasons). 
  • I meant what’s the difference in blood coming out from vagina and blood coming out from urethra. Only a dummy would think I would be asking what’s the difference between a vagina or urethra🤔
  • miap11 said:
    Definitely vagina. What’s the difference? 

I meant what’s the difference between blood coming out of vagina and blood coming out of urethra ... like what are the possible things that can cause that ... Only a dummy would think I would be asking what’s the difference between a vagina and urethra....🤔🤔🤔 
  • Just here to add that painless (vaginal) bleeding is not always nothing to worry about. It turned out not to be ok in 2/4 of my pregnancies. Otherwise, solid info in PP^. 

Regardless, OP, go see a doctor. Also, to answer your question, yes, you can have bacteria in your urine that is otherwise “silent,” which should always be treated in pregnant women. That’s why they make you pee in a cup all the time (in addition to other reasons). 
    Thank you!
  • miap11 said:
    miap11 said:

I meant what’s the difference between blood coming out of vagina and blood coming out of urethra ... like what are the possible things that can cause that ... Only a dummy would think I would be asking what’s the difference between a vagina and urethra....🤔🤔🤔 
     Then next time you need to be more clear with the questions you're asking. The way you asked it made you sound like you slept through your anatomy and physiology class, or just skipped that class all together. 
    How much more clear would have you liked me to be ? I wrote “definitely vagina” meaning I KNEW I was bleeding from my vagina MEANING I KNOW the difference between vagina and urethra... hope you understand this... and that it makes you think before you talk. Clearly you didn’t come here to try to help. You came to stir trouble. You must be bored. Don’t mean to tell you what to do but you should go get a hobby 
  • holly321 said:
    miap11 said:
    I meant what’s the difference in blood coming out from vagina and blood coming out from urethra. Only a dummy would think I would be asking what’s the difference between a vagina or urethra🤔
    This doesn’t really help your arguement, since there is a huge difference.
    And how does this not help my argument? When I’m not trying to argue.  I’m stating I know the difference and was asking IF it’s bleeding from the vagina or urethra then what can it be causing it? I feel quite annoyed to keep repeating myself. I came here to get insight and help. And not to be attacked and put down. Don’t know if you’re a mother or soon to be mother but I ah
  • miap11 said:
    holly321 said:
    miap11 said:
    I meant what’s the difference in blood coming out from vagina and blood coming out from urethra. Only a dummy would think I would be asking what’s the difference between a vagina or urethra🤔
    And how does this not help my argument? When I’m not trying to argue.  I’m stating I know the difference and was asking IF it’s bleeding from the vagina or urethra then what can it be causing it? I feel quite annoyed to keep repeating myself. I came here to get insight and help. And not to be attacked and put down. Don’t know if you’re a mother or soon to be mother but I ah
    But I sure hope you wouldn’t answer to your kids the way you did to me when they come to you for help 
  • kiki75 said:
    holly321 said:
    miap11 said:
    Exactly. Blood from vagina might be coming from your uterus. Or just cervical/vaginal irritation. Either way, although of course you’d be concerned about your pregnancy, your health is not at risk and there’s really little to do in that situation. Sure, pelvic rest in case it’s an SCH and that might help but *TW* if it is a loss, there’s nothing that can stop it and the only action item there is to maintain your health.

If you are literally pissing blood—which is what you said and then contradicted yourself by saying the blood is coming from your vagina—that’s a completely different system which is never supposed to bleed and you’d need to go to the doctor immediately because it would be an indication that something is endangering your health and therefore your pregnancy. 

Idk if you don’t understand or you’re incredibly careless in your writing but it’s pretty poor form to call someone a dummy when you seem like you don’t understand basics about bodies, English, or both.

It would behoove you to take even just a short, light anatomy/physiology course. It’s helpful to have at least a cursory understanding of how each major system works and how they work together. It will help you to figure out when to worry and when not to, and the best ways to properly communicate symptoms so your medical providers can understand what’s actually going on. All of which is extra important when you have a child to care for.
    I understand and don’t need a class to teach me things. I’m Italian and that’s the way that I write. I should be more specific and careful when i write next time. I didn’t think I was writing on a forum where I’ll be penalized for my spelling, punctuations and expressions 🤷🏻‍♀️ So sorry that my poor writing was a problem for you and thank you very much for your schooling 
  • miap11 said:
    Good lord, our public education system has failed us horribly worldwide apparently.
    We urinate from our urethrae. They are connected to our bladder. Sometimes the bladder gets infected when bacteria invades resulting in abdominal cramping, blood in the urine, and cloudy urine. Your urethra is a hole right below your clitoris.
    We have sex and give birth through our vaginas. They are connected to our cervices, uteri, and then Fallopian tubes and ovaries. The vagina is a larger opening located between the urethra and anus. You menstruate through your vagina, and will notice your cervical mucous also comes from this opening.
    Commenters are wanting to know: is the blood from your urethra or vagina? If it's from your urethra, it's a urinary tract infection (or something else wrong with your plumbing) that requires antibiotics. If it's from your vagina it could be a number of things: implantation bleeding, subchorionic hematoma, first trimester spotting, or irritation of the cervix. If it is a loss, it will most likely be accompanied by painful cramping and eventually, heavy bleeding. My doctor always told me you don't need to worry about blood unless it's accompanied by pain. Painless bleeding happens for a variety of reasons in pregnancy. You should still get evaluated by a doctor, though.
    Anyway, hopefully that explains the difference. Take a mirror and look at your anatomy and get to know yourself better. It'll help you in the long run when explaining what's going on to your doctor. 
    I feel bad for your kids. If you have any. If they were to ask their mother a question she would be ruthless and very much with no emotions. I came on this forum to write about what I was going through. Where is your compassion? I guess some people are just crazy. While I thank you for trying to “school” me, you on the other hand should take a class on manners
  • @miap11

This is what you wrote....

The next day when I went to the bathroom I peed out a bit of red blood. I’ve had a pad on since then and was able to determine I’m spotting on my pad but not enough to soak it like my usual period. No cramping. But when I pee, a little to medium amount of red blood comes out along with my pee. I tested again as I was bleeding, on a clearblue weeks indicator which came out negative and I tested with a first response early detection which came a very faint line. Could it be that the pregnancy tests im taking are not accurate (being that they’re being dipped in pee and blood) im hoping all is ok. 

I have great reading comprehension and what I am comprehending is that you think that your urethra and vagina are the same thing. That basically you pee your period blood. You clearly do not have a good understanding of female anatomy.  Like PP said, get a mirror and get down there and look at your parts. Next your going to come on here saying you birthed your baby through your urethra. 🤣  

Yes indeed, i 
    wrote “But when I pee, a little to medium amount of red blood comes out along with my pee. ” key word is COMES OUT ALONG.. meaning when I force to pee, blood comes out as well. I should have written “FORCE”.  I couldn’t tell from where the blood was coming at that moment because I was full of emotions. I state my case. And I have nothing to explain to you. You’re just one of those heartless people who doesn’t help in devastating situations. But yet likes to cause problem. That’s what we were able to determine here 
  • miap11 said:
    miap11 said:
    Good lord, our public education system has failed us horribly worldwide apparently.
    We urinate from our urethrae. They are connected to our bladder. Sometimes the bladder gets infected when bacteria invades resulting in abdominal cramping, blood in the urine, and cloudy urine. Your urethra is a hole right below your clitoris.
    We have sex and give birth through our vaginas. They are connected to our cervices, uteri, and then Fallopian tubes and ovaries. The vagina is a larger opening located between the urethra and anus. You menstruate through your vagina, and will notice your cervical mucous also comes from this opening.
    Commenters are wanting to know: is the blood from your urethra or vagina? If it's from your urethra, it's a urinary tract infection (or something else wrong with your plumbing) that requires antibiotics. If it's from your vagina it could be a number of things: implantation bleeding, subchorionic hematoma, first trimester spotting, or irritation of the cervix. If it is a loss, it will most likely be accompanied by painful cramping and eventually, heavy bleeding. My doctor always told me you don't need to worry about blood unless it's accompanied by pain. Painless bleeding happens for a variety of reasons in pregnancy. You should still get evaluated by a doctor, though.
    Anyway, hopefully that explains the difference. Take a mirror and look at your anatomy and get to know yourself better. It'll help you in the long run when explaining what's going on to your doctor. 
    I feel bad for your kids. If you have any. If they were to ask their mother a question she would be ruthless and very much with no emotions. I came on this forum to write about what I was going through. Where is your compassion? I guess some people are just crazy. While I thank you for trying to “school” me, you on the other hand should take a class on manners
     You feel bad for her children?!  

At least her children won't make a fool of themselves because they think their urethra and vagina are the same thing. Please don't teach your kids this. It is important to know your body. I'm sorry that you were taught wrong. Don't get mad at us and take out your embarrassment for being ignorant about your own body. 

I should know what I know. And I know my body. (Which I don’t have to explain myself to you) The way I phrased it was totally wrong because I was writing out of emotions. Next time I’ll re read before I write. That’s what I learned from all of this. Now, hopefully you learned to be mor enicer to people who are coming on forums to get insight and advice from others who already experienced similar situations. Take note for next time, if you didn’t go through it, just don’t comment 
  • @miap11 All the ladies who have responded have tried to help you. They gave you advice about peeing blood and about possible causes/action to take if you're bleeding from your vagina. Unfortunately, it was important to determine if you knew the difference. It is VERY important to know the difference. Your explanation you just responded with above doesn't clarify if you knew that before being "schooled" by these wonderful ladies. 
  • @miap11 All the ladies who have responded have tried to help you. They gave you advice about peeing blood and about possible causes/action to take if you're bleeding from your vagina. Unfortunately, it was important to determine if you knew the difference. It is VERY important to know the difference. Your explanation you just responded with above doesn't clarify if you knew that before being "schooled" by these wonderful ladies. 
    I know for myself that I knew and that’s all that matters like I said previously. And yes the ladies were wonderful. You on the other hand aren’t 😂have a good day 
  • emeraldcity1214 I'm torn here between both being a hater and not really wanting to go to the left... :: contemplates cloning self :: cause THAT's what the world needs... bwahaha :wink:
    kpop k-pop k pop iu left GIF
  • miap11 said:
    @miap11 All the ladies who have responded have tried to help you. They gave you advice about peeing blood and about possible causes/action to take if you're bleeding from your vagina. Unfortunately, it was important to determine if you knew the difference. It is VERY important to know the difference. Your explanation you just responded with above doesn't clarify if you knew that before being "schooled" by these wonderful ladies. 
    I know for myself that I knew and that’s all that matters like I said previously. And yes the ladies were wonderful. You on the other hand aren’t 😂have a good day 
     My responses to the bolded text above....

Sorry I don’t know how to include a GIF to answer you back. I guess I don’t spend as much time on chats as you do ? Lol so I’ll just end it here with you 
  • This thread has been closed to new posts as a result of the shift in topic. To find threads regarding (this topic), we encourage you to use the search function to post to an active thread or start a new discussion.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"