Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Pending miscarriage, would like to do it naturally

I had my first dating transvaginal US on Friday. Should be about 8w but only showed a large 6w empty gestational sac 😫😭 I know when I o'd and had blood work confirming low but rising HCGs starting at 4w 4d, so it's not likely that we're just off our dates by 2 weeks. My doc is expecting me to miscarry in the next 2 weeks. I'd like to avoid meds and procedures. Anyone have any tips to naturally speed up a miscarriage? This wait is even worse than the usual 2 week wait...everyday is just like rubbing salt onto an open wound. I'd like to just grieve and get it over with, but I'm sensitive to meds and would rather not take any more. Any advice appreciated. Thank you all
TTC #1 since 10/2012
Diagnosed with PCOS on 4/2013, tried to correct naturally
1/2015: Started Metformin
4/2015: Clomid cycle #1, bfn
6/2015: Natural cycle, BFP! 

Re: Pending miscarriage, would like to do it naturally

• Sorry for your loss and that you are going through this <3 The process will hopefully start on it's own. Not sure if you have tried acupuncture (it may be able to get it going). I also found a massage helped me get through mine.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if there is anything you can really do to naturally speed up the process. Make sure to talk to your doctor about all of your options, I think misoprostol can be an option for some and that would speed things up.

I had a miscarriage similar to what you are describing (blighted ovum). Mine was missed at my 8 week appointment because they did not do an ultrasound or HCG bloodwork. I started spotting a very small amount brown blood at 10w, went in for an ultrasound 2 days later and it showed an empty gestational sac measuring 6 weeks. I was tracking ovulation and knew my dates were exact. They said the sac probably was growing the whole time, just slowly and may or may not continue to grow very slowly. I chose to wait and see what my body would do the next two weeks and then go from there since I was already spotting. I ended up fully miscarrying at 11w, with no medical interventions. Feel free to PM me if you want, I am pretty open about it and willing to share details if you would like.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss and that you are going through this <3 The process will hopefully start on it's own. Not sure if you have tried acupuncture (it may be able to get it going). I also found a massage helped me get through mine.
    Thank you. A massage sounds like an amazing idea. Will look into acupuncture too. I heard it also helps with infertility which we were also struggling with for 3 years prior to this pregnancy
    TTC #1 since 10/2012

• Thank you m6agua for sharing your experience. I read up on others' as well and it sounds like 8-11w is about the normal time frame for miscarriage of these blighted ovums. I noticed my symptoms leveled out as soon as I hit 7 weeks so maybe it's on it's way out soon. 
    TTC #1 since 10/2012