Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Monday 4/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Monday 4/22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chichiphin ugh, sorry your body is messing with you. That makes the TWW even worse. :( You can sit with me on the rollercoaster.
    I definitely get the to drink or not to drink debate. Maybe take a sip or two then dump it and then replace it with something not obviously non-alcoholic? 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I think sip & dump is my game plan at this point. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin yesterday I went with "my meds and tequila don't mix" when they questioned why I wasn't having the "fun punch". 
  • Options
    @ruby696 I need to check out this show now. Maybe something new to watch on the treadmill at the gym. I've watched every episode of "Friends" at least twice!  
  • Options
    @ruby696 I love the show too! I'm sad it took me so long to jump on the bandwagon. - and my friends would be totally cool with me taking it easy with drinking. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 24/8

Timing: EODish

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Trying to hold out until Thursday with @puppylove8910

R/R: had a busy weekend so it was nice to take my mind off of TTC. But here we are at 8 DPO where I usually start negotiating with myself about testing. Also I left my Easter candy at home and I’m devastated hahaha

• Options
    @emeraldduchess glad you had a nice Easter, enjoy your day off!

@chichiphin the UTI idea sounds great!

@ruby696 DH and I need something new to watch, maybe we should check that out. I know it’s been coming up a lot in the randoms thread too
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 25/10

Timing: +1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Nope, just waiting for AF in a few days

R/R: I had a really nice weekend with family and the weather was so nice. I was also glad to come home and catch up on a few things around the house last night.

CS/Q: My chart isn't very interesting. I basically only tracked CM this cycle.

@emeraldduchess I'm glad FF gave you a clearer picture by changing your O date. As for drinking, I rarely drink anymore so that helps, but sometimes I will mix Kombucha with Pom juice or a carbonated water in a fancy glass to look like a mixer.

@chichiphin Sounds like maybe it would be better to skip the girls night. But I like to just stay at home and do nothing with nobody so I may not give the best advice.  :smile:

@ruby696 I think I need to get on this Schitt's Creek train.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua I'm so glad you had a nice weekend! ha I wish, but I'm actually flying home and meeting up, so it would be a big waste of money to cancel ;) 
    @bows22 wishing you strength to hold out! 8DPO is usually the hardest point for me too haha
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @emeraldduchess - enjoy your last day off. Any fun plans?

@chichiphin - I'm sorry your body is messing with you. I like your antibiotics excuse. 

@m6agua - glad you had a great weekend! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4
     CD/DPO: 25/10
     Timing: meh
     Typical LP length: 12-14 days
     Testing: Wednesday. I'm SS like crazy this cycle!
     R/R: this weekend was fun but exhausting. I made 4 batches of cookies on Friday for Easter and for family coming into town for the wedding this week. I still have 2 more batches to make. It's going to be a busy week.
    We had a wonderful sunny day on Friday and I got my first sunburn of the summer (I don't burn easily). :neutral:  Then it was cool and rainy all weekend. We're supposed to get the sunshine back and I'm excited about that.
     CS/Q: my chart looks so much better this month than last month. I think I will still be  switching how I temp next cycle.

• Options
    @spacemountaineer oooh what kind of cookies?? that's a lot of baking haha
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @spacemountaineer no definite plans, just reading, a workout, and maybe hitting up Target to get some chocolate on sale.  It sounds like cookiepalooza at your house! What are you baking?
    @m6agua glad you had a nice weekend! I mix seltzer with Pom juice a lot too and drink it out of a martini or wine glass on weeknights when I want to feel like I have a fancy drink. 
    @bows22 noooooooo on leaving the candy at home! That's how I feel when I don't replenish my chocolate stash at work. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1 

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -3, -2, 0, +1 

Typical LP length: 12-14 

Testing: Thursday at 10 DPO with @bows22 (I'll most likely test in the late afternoon though because I have a really busy morning!)

R/R: The weekend was so lovely! We had great weather on Friday and Sunday so it made it even more enjoyable. 

CS/Q: ***TW*** Prior Pregnancy, LO mentioned**

So my temperature from this morning was just as high as it was the day I found out I was pregnant with my DS. I'm definitely NOT reading into this because it's my first month temping in 3+ years and my body could be "wired differently" since having him. But I am slightly intrigued :D
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    @chichiphin- I made M&M & sugar cookies (2 batches of each). I still need to make snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, and possibly pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. 

@emeraldduchess - a target run and clearance Easter candy sounds wonderful!

@Puppylove8910 - I think the worst part of the SS is that we really didn't have good timing this cycle. I'm glad you had such a great weekend!

• Options
    @spacemountaineer If it makes you feel better we did NTNP last cycle and barely hit my FW and I SS so hard throughout the TWW. It was embarrassing and I definitely should have known better! But it happens to best of us :)
    **TW**

• Options
    @emeraldduchess - I'm glad Easter wasn't too overwhelming and that the pie came out well! It sounded yummy. Good that FF is making sense now. It's nice when you're right about what your body was doing!

@chichiphin - Ugh sorry your body is being confusing! I like the antibiotics idea, nobody's going to argue with a woman who they think is dealing with a UTI!

@spacemountaineer - wow lots of baking! I hope it was fun even though it was a lot of work. I love m&m cookies and actually also just had to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies the other day.

@puppylove8910 - fingers crossed re: your spoiler!

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 31/12

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: nope...wfaf

R/R: It's my day off after working all weekend so that's nice...I also think my body's messing with me, I was getting weird unusual symptoms that made me hopeful over the weekend but now I basically just feel like AF is coming.

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess we have a vending machine in our building’s lobby so I’m heading down there now because I can’t last the rest of the day haha

@puppylove8910 Oh I’m glad you mentioned you won’t test until afternoon, I will be anxiously awaiting your result!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 11/1al

CD/DPO: 29/11 

Timing: -2 / +1

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: Wednesday or wfaf, we will see

R/R: great long weekend, I'm so tired from all the baking and activities, it was fun even though it rained all day friday and saturday.

CS/Q: nope

@spacemountaineer just realized  we’ll be testing mostly likely the same day! Those cookie flavours sound yummy. I feel like I had way too much sugar though this weekend

@whitealbum29 enjoy our day off! I hope that af stay's away :) 

• Options
    Hi ladies. Sorry I’ve been MIA. I will be back later for tags.

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 18/4

Timing: Great

Typical LP length: 12-14 days

Testing: Maybe May 2 or just WFAF

R/R: I haven’t been around because between working my crazy hours I got diagnosed with celiac disease. So I’m trying to come to terms with that and navigate a new gluten-free way of living. The good thing is there are a lot of options these days. I’m feeling really down about the implications this may have on my fertility. But I’m also glad that I was able to get this diagnosis so I can start improving my health. It would have been awful if this had remain undiagnosed. 

CS/Q: no
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    *Lurking from WTO

@misshelen86 I'm so sorry about your diagnosis, but I hope it helps give you some answers!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @misshelen86 I'm so sorry about your diagnosis, I can only imagine the huge lifestyle changes you are going to need to make. Hugs to you. 💚 
  • Options
    @misshelen86 Sorry about your diagnosis, but food options for celiac's have come so far. I'm not sure where you're located, but we have lots of GF options in the bay area. If you ever need delicious baked goods, a lot of places ship.  <3
  • Options
    Lurking**** 
       @misshelen86 I'm sorry about the celiacs diagnosis, it is a huge adjustment at first but once you do that first massive clean out of the house and get comfortable reading labels its not so bad. I will also add that my understanding is that fertility usually goes back to normal once you have things under control and that IF is usually only experienced by un-diagnosed/ not controlled celiacs. Also as a side note I would check things like your tooth paste and make sure you tell your dentist because the polish they use has gluten in it, but most dentists have a GF option. Feel free to PM me if you want some other GF resources or thoughts of things to avoid (such as stamps you have to lick). 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @misshelen86 I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. :( I've heard acupuncture does wonders for flare ups so maybe research that a bit once you have some time to digest everything. I know some insurance plans will cover acupuncture as well.
    **TW**

• Options
    misshelen86misshelen86 member
    edited April 2019
    @emeraldduchess Thank you so much  <3 Glad you made it through Easter okay, I can imagine it wouldn’t have been easy. Hope you are enjoying your last day off!

@chichiphin Sip & dump sounds like a good plan! It’s always so hard to decide about whether to drink or not at that point in your cycle. You’re not alone in planning things like this ahead of time- anytime I have a function where there will be alcohol I look at where I will most likely be in my cycle!

@ruby696 Thank you! There are definitely a lot more options than there used to be, the only problem is they are more expensive. Maybe I need to check out Shitt’s creek. 

@shamrocandroll Thanks so much. This does explain a few things and I’m relieved that I have some answers! 

@bows22 Glad you were able to distract yourself this weekend.

@m6agua Glad you had such a nice weekend!

@spacemountaineer Yay for cookies and sunshine!

@puppylove8910 FX for you!

@whitealbum29 Hope AF stays far away!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k Glad you had a nice weekend despite the rain!

@wabash15 Thanks so much for the advice! I’m starting to get the hang of label-reading after a co-worker of mine who has Celiac gave me a lesson. My struggle is when other people prepare food and trying to figure out if it’s okay. I felt so awkward at dinner this weekend having to ask how things were prepared and what ingredients were used. That’s helpful to know about the Dentist, not something I would have thought of! That’s my understanding as well that my fertility should improve once this is under control. 

@puppylove8910 Funny you should mention this, because I just started acupuncture this month. My acupuncturist is also a medical doctor and when he took my history he right away suspected Celiac (based on very vague symptoms) and worked me up for it. He said he gets at least 1 case a year that he diagnoses. I’m so glad I made the decision to start acupuncture. 

TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k not sure if you want to hold off on testing just one more day, but @bows22 & I are testing on Thursday! 
    **TW**

• Options
    @misshelen86 - so sorry about your diagnosis! That's great that you have a good acupuncturist who was able to diagnose you and that you have people around like your coworker who are able to help you with the adjustment! I'm sure it will be a big shift for you, but there really are so many options these days...hope you start to see good results soon!
  • Options
    @misshelen86 I’m so sorry about this diagnosis - but glad to hear you’re starting to get used to label reading - and you got some good advice here too! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @misshelen86 I'm sorry about the diagnosis, but you are right, there are so many GF options now a days. I would eat GF intermittently about 5 years ago and there really wasn't a whole lot of products. Now I've been 100% GF for a little less than a year and there are so many options out there. I just made some brownies and sugar cookies from a regular recipe but substituted 1 for 1 with a GF flour mixture and I just bought a GF pizza crust and made homemade pizza's. I'm still trying out different brands to see what is even good and trying to make things from scratch. Primal Palate has some great homemade GF/Paleo recipes https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipes/#us

@wabash15 That is really interesting about the toothpaste, I switched to a more natural toothpaste at home, but I never thought about the dentist. I noticed that the shampoo my husband uses contains wheat, it is a tea tree oil shampoo. I avoid for my thyroid issues and not for celiac. This reminded me of my brother though. He is severely allergic to wheat, so much so that he basically can only have a whole foods diet and can only try one packaged item at a time in case of contamination. He learned that he cannot do any McCormick spices because he gets a reaction (most likely contamination at the packaging plant level). Now he grows his own or he has found one brand that works.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    wabash15wabash15 member
    edited April 2019
    @m6agua wheat/gluten is is SO MANY things... things that you might never think about.  I used to laugh when I saw that shampoos were labeled Gluten Free but now I get why. 

ETA
    @misshelen86 soon you get over that awkward feeling. your health is the most important... We bring food/snacks with us EVERYWHERE. People who are not familiar with celiacs and how little contamination it can take to make someone sick can mean well but when they are not in the trenches mistakes are often made. Do watch out, some things may be labeled GF on the front but when you read the small details are processed in a facility with wheat and that will be enough to make you sick. (we just had an incident with a very tasty coconut based whipped topping that was labled as GF but actually processed in a facility with gluten). Also almost all nuts and oats are contaminated so be really careful with any kind of nuts or oats. and as your TTC many lubes have gluten in them... (WTF people) so you may need to be careful what lube you use).  These first few months after diagnosis and getting used to the new normal are hard but it does get so much easier. Also if you haven't you should get all new cutting boards (wood is impossible to get gluten off of once its touched it), new toaster...  oh and they have come out with test strips that you can sample food with and check to see if it contains gluten (that way if your eating out you can ensure its safe...) they are a little pricey but depending on how bad you get when you've been glutened it can be worth it. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @m6agua Thanks for the website recommendation! I’ll check it out. There are a ton of recipes on Pinterest too. I did make GF cupcakes for Easter and they turned out ok, but I think like you said it will take some trial and error to see what’s good. @wabash15 So much great info! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. <3 That’s interesting about the labelling, that they can say GF but still be potentially contaminated. I did get a new toaster but didn’t realize my cutting board would be a problem. The test strips sound awesome and might be something I consider in the future.
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!