Infertility

April 19 IVF

Re: April 19 IVF

• Yay @celticknotfire! So happy for you. 9 is a good #. 
    @ellemarie7 take good care of yourself and let your body prepare itself for the huge change. 
    @twin2180 I really wish this works for you. Nothing better than having the swimmers waiting when you ovulate. 

I have my transfer on Sunday morning and the embryology lab said they do not peek at the fertilized embryos to see how many are growing. I really hope we have some for the transfer and then some for the freeze. I will keep you ladies posted with any updates. 
  • @ellemarie7 I'm sorry things have been not very good for you the last few days. Definitely take some time to rest. It's crazy that your transfer will be at the end of April. Right about the same time as me! 

@twin2180 I'm glad things have gotten started for you and that you have everything ready to go for when you ovulate! Good luck!

@celticknotfire 9 is great! That's awesome! 

@sbhawnani good luck for your transfer on Sunday. FX for good embryos and numbers for you! 

Had to do my merapur shot in a moving car today because we were out an about in Mexico City with my in laws. Not very fun... but I survived! Lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ACAC25 you're a trooper :smile:
    I had my transfer yesterday and they were able to transfer 2 embryos. We did have 3 for freeze today which is a great stress reliever knowing that we have some to bank on if we need. I hope everyone is doing great. 
  • I got the report the other day that all 9 of our eggs were mature and 7 fertilized.  We are doing PGT-A so all of our day 5 embryos will be frozen after biopsy.

@sbhawnani congrats on being possibly KU!

@ACAC25 I give you such credit for doing your shot in a moving car!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @sbhawnani congrats on being PUPO! Having 3 to freeze is awesome!
    @celticknotfire having 7 fertilized is awesome! 

I'm starting to feel the merapur symptoms. Really tired, mood  swings and bloating/ belly swelling. 
  • Thank you @celticknotfire & @ACAC25
    7 fertilized is a good #. Good luck to you. 
    I hated the menopur. Well, I hated all the shots and now hate the endometrin. But, we'll get through this and my eyes are on the prize :smile: Good luck @ACAC25
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    edited April 2019
    Just had my day 8 check. Everything is progressing much slower than last time due to the gonal daily. My hormones are increasing at an appropriate rate but are significantly lower than IVF1. I have 2 follicles on the right with 1 lagging behind and 5 on the left with 2 lagging behind. I feel kinda defeated that I only have 7 viable follicles right now. My doctor seems happy though, he expected a lower number and mainly wanted them to be even size which they are. I think I'm just scared because last time i had about 20  follicoes, 13 retrieved we had 7 fertilize and only 2 make it to transfer day 5. DH is telling me not to worry because this was kind of expected and it's a totally different protocol but I cant help but worry. 
  • Hi @ACAC25! Saw your post, wanted to send some hugs and reassurance! The same thing happened to us, we had 23 eggs retrieved our first IVF and only 15 this time so I know exactly how you feel. It was so hard for me not to compare the first IVF to the second go round. But, we actually got more embryos this time around. A lot of RE's believe in quality over quantity, and a less amount of follicles can actually mean better eggs because they aren't over stimulated. It's so hard but if your doctor is pleased try not to worry - I know it's so much easier said than done but I am thinking of you! Slow and steady can win this race! 
  • @ellemarie7 thank you! Your post actually made me feel better, I appreciate it. I'm so glad to hear you had more embryos this time. I hope for the same for me too! 
  • @ACAC25, @ellemarie7 is right. Please do not worry and keep on doing what your doctor asks you to do. I had only 9 follicles, 7 were fertilized, 2 transferred and 3 frozen. A reasonable number is always better than overstimulation. Good luck with the rest of your shots and keep us posted with your retrieval day :smile:
  • @sbhawnani thank you! That does make me feel a lot better! I really appreciate both of you!
    I'm starting to feel a bit sore. Been out and about with my in laws all day. Im.thankful for the next 1hr car ride to rest. 

I hope everyone else is doing well!
  • @ACAC25 I agree with the quality over quantity.  I don't think 7 is really that bad of a number either.  I only had 9 eggs retrieved so that's not a huge difference.

Yesterday was a really bad day for me.  I woke up with horrible pain in my right lower abdomen and I ended up in the emergency room.  After some tests that suspected my right ovary had twisted so I was sent to the OR.  It was twisted but we got to it in time so at least we were able to save the ovary.  My RE told me it's rare for that to happen but because of stimulation the ovaries do get enlarged so the risk is there.  So now I've been instructed rest and be careful moving because there is a chance it can twist again.  My FET is pushed back to June at the earliest to make sure everything is safe before we attempt a transfer. 

On the positive side 6 of our embryos made it to freeze and have been biopsied for PGT-A. They should have the results in a week or two.  So my life is pretty much just resting and waiting. 
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire omg! Are you ok? I'm so sorry that happened but I'm really glad to hear that you are ok and they were able to save the ovary. Sounds really scary. I'm sorry your FET has been pushed out, but it's best to get fully healthy before risking anything again. I hope you have a very restful weekend!
  • @celticknotfire whatttt! That is so scary - but very relieved to hear that it was caught in time and everything will be okay. Can’t imagine that pain 😞 

Unfortunate the transfer is pushed but take this time to rest, relax and get back to 100%! Awesome news about six on ice hoping for lots of good news on your results, you deserve it!!
  • @celticknotfire So sorry for your experience but glad that you were able to get there in time and save your ovary. Resting after all is not a totally bad thing knowing that your embabies are resting on ice, ready to be transferred when you are feeling up to it. 
    I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you are able to take it easy over the next few weeks. 
  • Day 12 scan today. Everything is looking good. I have 14 follicles over 14mm with about 7 between 18-22mm so we are hoping to get between 10-14 viable eggs. 
    Retrieval will be Wednesday.
     I'm kinda frustrated because a bulb went out on the ICSI microscope (which is necessary because of our MFI) so we have to do the retrieval and transfer at a clinic 3 hrs away. I'm not looking forward to a 3hr car ride after the retrieval. 😔 but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do. 
    I'll update at the end of this week when we have numbers from the retrieval. 
  • @celticknotfire - I've been lurking here and there, as I'm still deciding whether to proceed with IVF. So glad everything turned out OK. That must have been beyond scary! (hugs)
  • @ACAC25 those are some great numbers!  GL Wednesday!

@31magnolia thank you!  It was pretty scary and my doctor wants me to rest as much as possible because there is a high risk it can twist again.  Even with everything I am so happy we did IVF
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire that's good to know, because to say I've been going round and round in circles trying to decide what to do is an understatement. I think I finally have gotten over the cost and we actually have a way to pay for it, but now it's just pushing myself to overcome my fears and go through with it. 
    I have decided that I will do the supplements and healthy eating for three months prior to IVF to give myself as much as a chance as possible. I'll start that this week and we can hopefully start the process in August. 

• @ACAC25 take care of yourself and try to sleep through the car ride back home; the anesthesia should help. good luck with your retrieval. 
    I have my first beta test tomorrow but I feel I am out as I started with period like cramps yesterday and have had some spotting since this morning. This is exactly how our first cycle failed. My doctor still wants me to get the blood test done and I will keep you guys posted with the results, even though I know hat they are. 
  • Thanks ladies. I will try to sleep on the drive home. 

@sbhawnani try to stay positive, you arent out yet. Both symptoms you are explaining can also be implantation symptoms. FX for a positive beta for you! 
  • thank you @ACAC25. I can't wait for tomorrow to find out one way or the other.
  • @sbhawnani FX for tomorrow!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Thank you, ladies :smile:
    Unfortunately, this cycle was not for us. I got my blood results back and they are negative. I will be lurking here for a few more days to watch you girls progress but would not have any more updates. 
    Good luck to everyone here :smile:
  • @sbhawnani I'm so sorry to pop on and see this. This journey is so hard. I am thinking of you, be kind to yourself <3

@ACAC25 GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!
  • @sbhawnani I am so sorry!  Take some time to take care of yourself

@ACAC25 Good luck tomorrow!  FX for good results and an easy car ride home!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @sbhawnani I'm so sorry to hear your news. Take some time for yourself and rest. Thinking of you. 

Had my retrieval today. 12 eggs were retrieved which is pretty comparable to my IVF1 in Jan where 13 were retrieved. I'm pretty happy with the number.  My doctor is hoping this one will be better and have more mature eggs. Will find out tomorrow the number that fertilized and Friday I will find out my transfer day. 
    I'm feeling ok, just a bit tired. I think physically I feel better today than last retrieval, I barely feel anything whereas last time I was very sore. But the anesthesia did a number on me for like an hour after the procedure. Just on the car ride home now, so I keep sleeping. Will update in a few days. 
  • @ACAC25 That's a great number! Get some rest!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @ellemarie7 Hello, I'm on the May 2019 IVF board, I read your protocol and was curious what state are you doing IVF? Your supplements are similar to mine.
  • ellemarie7ellemarie7 member
    edited April 2019
    Hi @lemondrop1976 - I’m in NY! So you’re on the full immune protocol also? You can send me a DM too if you want to chat 🤗
  • I got my update today and I'm super upset. 
    12 eggs retrieved on wednesday. Only 8 were mature and only 5 fertilized yesterday. Today my doctor called and said only 2 are still developing. We have a 2 cell and a 5 cell embryo. They have a 5% fragmentation. 
    I'm just really upset. This protocol was harder and supposed to help with quality and get good embryos and that hasn't happened. The doctor keeps saying our situation isnt that bad but then I don't understand why we arent getting better results. 
    My transfer is now tomorrow instead of Monday. But I just feel so bummed. I feel like this cycle is already failed. 
  • @ACAC25 ugh, I'm so sorry. This process is so freaking hard. We're all here for you, and I know you wanted a nice bank of embryos but it really does only take one - and this could be it for you! Hang in there, I have really good vibes that this is going to turn out for the best. Be kind to yourself, you are doing all that you can and it will work out. Thinking of you. Best place for those little embies to keep growing is right with you tomorrow <3 
  • @ACAC25 I am so sorry.  Try and feed off the positivity of your doctor even though I know it's incredibly difficult.  FX for you for tomorrow
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Thank you ladies, I appreciate all of your kind words and support. I knew you guys would understand. I am so grateful to have you here to share the ups and downs and the whole array of emotions that come with IVF. I am feeling better today, just a big shock with the numbers yesterday.

The transfer went well and the embryos looked good. I really hope these are the two. DH and I would love love twins, but of course I'd be more than ecstatic with one. I had a weird feeling during the transfer, like an almost calm maternal feeling as they put the embabies in. Anyone else feel that or am I just crazy? 
     Now the dreaded tww. 
  • @ACAC25 that's good that the embryos looked good today!  I haven't had a transfer yet but I would take your feeling as a good sign.  GL with your TWW!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @ACAC25  lurking from the May IVF board, but just to give you some hope - our first cycle we got 8 eggs, 7 mature, and 6 fertilized. Only two made it to day 3. We transferred both at day 5 and now have the most amazing 17month old son. Our RE said that there’s strong evidence that links how good an embryo looks to good outcomes, so I think the fact that yours looked good should be encouraging too!
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @celticknotfire thank you! How are you feeling? Getting lots of rest? 

@PoeMasque thank you!  That's really encouraging. I appreciate your comment! Just gotta make it through my tww now! Roll on May 8th! 
  • @ACAC25 thanks for asking!  I am feeling better just a little bit of swelling and soreness remains.  Having to rest and not do much sounds great and it is for a few days but then it just gets old.  But I'm willing to do whatever it takes because I do not want to go through that again!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire I'm glad you are starting to feel better and that the swelling and soreness is at least going down. I understand what you mean about resting getting old. But it seems like you have a good mentality about it. The main thing is preventing it from happening again! 
  • Hi, everyone. This is my first post on any infertility board. I guess I'll tell you all a little about myself. I'm 40 and DH is 37. We have been TTC since June 2009 (our wedding). I've had two previous pregnancies that both ended up being ectopic. I lost one tube to one of those. Over the last 10 years, I've had two lap surgeries that resulted in my other tube being removed. Two years after that, I had a giant cyst on my left ovary and had to have the cyst and my ovary removed. So, I have just the one ovary now. We tried IUI before I lost my last tube, but I knew it wasn't going to work, so I asked to go ahead and start IVF. My doc is amazing! We finally started IVF summer of 2018. I had one fresh cycle that resulted in 34 eggs, 27 mature, and 18 fertilized, 2 transferred, and 2 frozen. That resulted in a BFN. In Oct., we tried a FET with our two frosties. That was a BFN too. Now I finished my last fresh cycle. ER was on the 10th. We got 33 eggs, 30 were mature, and 17 fertilized. In the end, we transferred two on the 15th and froze seven.