Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester check in for week of April 15th

bkatpbkatp member
edited April 2019 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                   

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: who in your family is most excited about baby’s arrival excluding yourself 

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list below.

bpietronicco congratulations on delivering healthy boy. 

madasm0530 you are 5 days away, not sure if you have already delivered. Let us know how did it go 

❤ Mama's to be ❤ 

madasm0530  4/20 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

northbeach3  6/5 GIRL!

@momifbysea 6/9 BOY!

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

Re: 3rd Trimester check in for week of April 15th

• How far along / EDD? 30 w+3 (c-section scheduled for 6/17)
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I have felt better this last week in terms of energy than I have the entire pregnancy. Of course that being said, I had 3 nights where I was throwing up and that's with nausea meds. 
    • Upcoming appointments? Glucose and ob today. 
    • Questions? c-section is 9 weeks from today. I'm starting to freak out a little about how close that seems. anyone else having any anxiety as we get closer? 
    • GTKY: who in your family is most excited about baby’s arrival excluding yourself- I think hubby is getting really excited (and terrified). 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bkatpbkatp member
    • How far along / EDD? 33+3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Good no complains, due to the position of the baby I still have pinching pain which I am trying to get used to
    • Upcoming appointments? This wed NST, AfI and ob 
    • Questions? Anyone narrowed down on the name? We are yet to start
    • GTKY: who in your family is most excited about baby’s arrival excluding yourself . My mom is most excited, she is counting days 
  • Loading the player...
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited April 2019
    @Griffin5413 sorry you are still struggling with Nausea. Sometimes I do freak out given my date can move to May 10th and I have so much more to do 
  • @bkatp - so cute that your mom has a countdown! We started out with so many names and kept thinking we would like one but then we'd change our mind. We are down to 2 right now: Emily Anne & Allyson Taylor. I'm leaning towards Emily but that could change any day. With our son we were so sure right away but this time it's been so much harder!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited April 2019
    @Griffin5413. I am just starting to make a list. Next week my husband said he will join in picking a name from the list I made. 

Both the names sounds wonderful . I am always biased to Allyson for some reason that I do not know. 
  • Best of luck with glucose test today. Sorry to hear your still dealing with nausea @Griffin5413.

@bkatp hope your LO starts cooperating and moving into place!

i have a list with a top name that I think my DH is okay with but he hasn’t contributed any yet and we’re still without a middle name. I need to pin him down on one but I’ve somehow managed to evade inquiring friends who ask bc we legit haven’t decided. I imagine it’ll be harder to lie when we have settled on a name. :)

• How far along / EDD?  32+6
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Doing okay, mild foot swelling, starting to feel big and bulbous, lol. Anxiety ramping up
    • Upcoming appointments? Ob next week, group b strep soon
    • Questions? None at the moment
    • GTKY: who in your family is most excited about baby’s arrival excluding yourself — definitely my MIL! :)
    I’m traveling for work now, but did some nesting on Saturday. Took all day to build two IKEA pieces but managed to put all baby shower gifts into some sort of place. Took stock of what we have and we surprisingly got few clothes so I’ll have to investigate. Don’t want to overbuy newborn sizes since it seems like we’re on track for a big baby. Thinking that I’m seven weeks or less away is CRAZY. I definitely don’t feel ready and it’s hard to plan given the unknowns. (Shrug)
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Hey Ladies - It looks like I'm next up. I've been MIA for the past few weeks - work's been crazy, but I have handed off some tasks and am so ready to start maternity leave!
    • How far along / EDD? 39+3, due date is this Saturday (4/20)
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I feel great which is making me anxious. Why do I feel so good? When the heck is this baby going to come out? He has definitely dropped but other than that nothing is happening.
    • Upcoming appointments? OB tmrw.
    • Questions? See above - when is this baby going to come?
    • GTKY: who in your family is most excited about baby’s arrival excluding yourself? DH, for sure. My doggo, parents, brothers. Everyone!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• bkatpbkatp member
    @northbeach3 I guess 33rd week is the last week to travel. I was told that by my Ob Gyn, so I wrapped up all my travel by 32nd week. We are looking for a 5 drawer dresser to keep baby’s stuff. We haven’t got much yet. I am just finishing up my registry and my baby shower is scheduled for May 5th. So I have time to get the dresser. 

@madasm0530 it is crazy that you have only 4 days left. Let us know what you ob gyn says at your appointment tomorrow. It is anytime for you now. 
  • @madasm0530 you are so close! I remember with my son feeling great the week or so before I went into labor. Like I felt really great. Maybe it's part of the process that allows you to really get ready. Will be thinking about you this week as you are getting ready!

@northbeach3 - yay for nesting! It's so hard to plan b/c you can never tell how big they are going to actually be. We aren't having a shower since this is our 2nd so I feel like I should be doing more than I am right now but I'm not entirely sure what else I need to do. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
    • How far along / EDD? 33w 6d
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Good, but I think I caught a slight cold. It was cold and raining yesterday and today is slightly warmer then we hit the 80s. Dramatic weather change so I don’t think it’s my allergies since I’m way more congested than usual. 
    • Upcoming appointments? Ob visit today. Went well, putting on some wt.. ob briefly checked position of baby with his hands and seems like baby is head down and butt straight up! Next will be in 2wks with growth US and tdapp shot! 
    • Questions? Nope. 
    • GTKY: who in your family is most excited about baby’s arrival excluding yourself. I think everyone... they’ve been waiting. 
  •                                                                                 

• How far along / EDD? 32w3d
    • How is everyone feeling this week? This is really really rough. Found out yesterday that he's breech now which is putting more pressure on my stomach and the heartburn is making me vomit once/twice a day the past few days. I am ready for that c section soon, feels like eternity when you're praying to the porcelain god all the time.
    • Upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday, weekly sono at the MFM.
    • Questions? Not right now.
    • GTKY: who in your family is most excited about baby’s arrival excluding yourself - probably my 5yo daughter, waited so long for a sibling!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @mrsyng hope you will recover soon from cold. Great that he dropped down already. 

@Momifbysea my LO is also in breach position and I am struggling with increased gastritis because of that. I also have constant pinching pain  as his head is pressing against my stomach. 

@Griffin5413 congratulations on passing glucose test, 20 lbs is nothing for getting into third trimester. I have gained about 25 lbs as of last week. 

• @bkatp I'm sorry about the gastritis and I totally understand the pinching pain! I go to lean or crouch forward in bed to try and relieve heartburn but then his head is like all up in my ribs - things and symptoms I never would have expected after not having it like this the last time around!

@griffin5413 that's odd your OB is giving you grief about weight gain - I have gained 20 but with DD I gained 40 as of her delivery date (8 days overdue). So this time around I feel like I'm doing a lot better in the weight gain department! Probably from all this nausea and heartburn! As soon as he's out there are SO many things I want to go and eat!!! Ha ha.

@mrsyng I hope you feel better soon! I guess if you're going to get a spring cold, better to get it now and have time to recover before you're in labor, right?
    I'm wondering, if a baby is breech position, do they still drop down, only feet first? I'm wishful thinking, as sonogram tech yesterday said that if he would drop then maybe my heartburn would ease up a bit with him more out of the way? Who knows...

• @Momifbysea - She was worse my last pregnancy. I'm sure she is required to say something b/c of my starting weight. I started this pregnancy 10 pounds heavier than with my son b/c my thyroid went way out of wack after he was born. Yes I know I am overweight to begin with but there's only so much I can do to not gain weight, I'm pregnant for goodness sake. It's not realistic to not gain any weight in the last 8 weeks. She's not mean about it but it's not like I'm not already aware of the facts. lol. Added on to everything we go through to get pregnant in the first place. 
    madasm0530  - oh yay!! so close!!!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madasm0530 Yay!!! Excited for you!!

@bkatp That's great your OB is being proactive and planning ahead! It always made me feel better having a plan, even knowing they can always be changed. 

@Griffin5413 Sorry you OB is being a pain about weight gain. That's so annoying, as everyone is so different. Some times, no matter what precautions you take, your body will decide what it wants to do! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• bkatpbkatp member
    Yes @kristimh80 I am already getting anxious knowing that it could be May 10th. I am kind of anxious on how it feels like going home with someone whom I am responsible for. 

How are you and the baby doing? 
  • @bkatp It really is surreal! The day we went home we were like "they are letting us / trusting us taking this baby?" lol Doing good...finally got use to knowing what baby needs more times than not, so been helpful. If you get a chance, look up on youtube and Oprah show that talks about the different baby cries. It's helped me so much figuring out what was needed. Sounds crazy, but life has been so much easier knowing the different cries :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• I'll second what @kristimh80 said about knowing the cries helps. There's a book called Calm the Crying that breaks it all down, including the age range when you might hear them.
  • Hey Everyone, Happy Easter! Just a quick update, I had another bleed Saturday morning so have been in hospital again til Monday or Tuesday. I did get a third steroid shot for his lungs and I think maybe a fourth and last for pregnancy today? He is doing well in there and bleeding resolved like it did at week 27 so no scary hemorrhage and no c section yet. I’ve been scheduled for c section at 36+1, Monday May 13. Trying to wrap my head around that. Thankful for his being healthy and still growing in there!
  • @Momifbysea I’m sorry about the bleed again. Hopefully baby continues to hang in there long enough for c-section. 

@babydust2507 welcome to the 3rd and last trimester!!

@bkatp good to know baby was able to turn head down. I think I read somewhere that sometimes they can still turn head down at about 36 weeks... so fingers crossed he doesn’t turn again. Again, why will you be induced so early? Not sure if I missed it somewhere; other than for planning purposes. 

Oh and my spring cold is almost gone. :) 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited April 2019
    @babydust2507 welcome to third trimester. I’ll add you to the list.

@Momifbysea sorry you had to go through the scare again and glad baby is doing well. Are you put on bed rest for next couple of weeks ? Hoping for no more bleeds until 36 weeks. 

@mrsyng in my 32 weeks growth scan baby’s abdomen was measuring 2 weeks behind so they are doing sonogram, NST every week and in 36 week growth scan if his abdomen lags behind more than 2 weeks I’ll be induced else I’ll hang in as long as I can without his abdomen measuring behind more than 2 weeks. 

Glad your cold is gone. 
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited April 2019
    @mrsyng I’m so glad you’re over your cold so you can focus on other more important things like labor, right? That is great news and you’ll have your energy back this way!

@bkatp I think I will pretty much be in bed rest from here on out. I’ve arranged for preschool dropoffs and pickups for our daughter now and a ride to my high risk dr 40 minutes away if I’m out by Tuesday morning for my next sono appt. I work from home so can just sit at my computer and limit movement like I was doing before and hope for the best! I saw you might be delivered early as well although 37 sounds good as it’s considered full term at least! How is the pinching now?
  • @babydust2507 - welcome to the 3rd trimester! I remember how nervous you were to even post in the 1st tri :smile: Now you're in the final stretch. 
    @Momifbysea - I'm so sorry you had another bleed. It's great that you were prepared for it. Hoping little one stays cooking for a few more weeks! I'm sure it's a relief to have help with drop offs for your daughter & rides to appointments!
    @bkatp - with them monitoring his abdomen growth, what are some of the concerns they look for in that instance? Hoping everything works out and the scans are just a little off b/c baby isn't cooperating!

tagging onto @kristimh80 & @persnickity said about the cries. With my son, I had the book the Wonder Weeks but I also downloaded the mobile app which was amazing. It goes through week by week development and helps understand what types of things baby is learning. It also helped explain why they might be extra fussy because of it. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • welcome @babydust2507!! what a journey it has been and you're almost there!  welcome to 3rd tri! :)

@Momifbysea man, you really can't catch a break this time around between the nausea and now the bleeding.  did they explain what it is? is it like an SCH or something more advanced?  glad they're monitoring you and baby and that there's a plan in place.  36 weeks is considered full-term by my delivering hospital... if i were to go in any day after 36 weeks for a check, they'd be okay to deliver... so 36+1 is as good a day as any! crazy to think that's just 4 weeks away!

glad to hear you're finally getting over that cold @mrsyng.  i've been dealing with allergies, which is no fun, but probably not as bad as your cold since I can take some allergy meds to help with the symptoms.

@bkatp yay, so glad to hear baby's head down now.  i really am fascinated by how they can move around so much at this size. is there a chance the baby could move again, or is it in place?  
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• bkatpbkatp member
    @Griffin5413 they are suspecting it to be placenta's fault. So they monitoring to see if there is further degradation.
    @northbeach3 yes there is still a chance he moves again until delivery but less chances.
    @Momifbysea good to know you have everything arranged. hoping for another 3 weeks to pass by without complications

@kristimh80 , @persnickity@Griffin5413 thanks for the tips ill definitely look into them

• @northbeach3 these bleeds are from the complete centralized placenta previa and that is why the risk for hemorrhage and the necessity for c section versus me going into labor. The hope is that the placenta can stay stable and not give out until May 13. The dr yesterday said previas make him really nervous and they've seen some really bad stuff. Yeah, I was like, GREAT! But I got released back home today, on modified bed rest and will take it really easy and pray to get to that c section scheduled date. I am glad to hear your hospital considers 36 weeks full term, that puts me much at ease! So thank you!
  • @Momifbysea oh that’s right!! I forgot about the previa! Well it sounds like you’re in capable hands and that even if you went into labor before 36 weeks, you’ve been getting steroid shots and little one would still be okay to function outside the womb. I forget, have you had your growth scan yet? What was the weight estimate? I tell myself that little one has put on decent weight that she could survive if she decided to come early. Obviously, we’ll hope not!! 

• @northbeach3 yes I’ve been getting weekly growth scans/biophysical profiles for about a month now and the most recent one he was 4lb7oz so that seems pretty good I think. Taking it easy and glad I work from my desk at home!

@bkatp thinking of you and hoping that both our placentas hold out! We are so close!