July 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly bitchfest - April 15th

cindlercindler member
edited April 2019 in July 2019 Moms
Feeling the bitch already this morning...

Re: Weekly bitchfest - April 15th

• Options
    Sitting here for my 1 hour glucose screening .Been here for 30 minutes and stioo haven't been given my drink... this is after a 30 minute drive to the Dr. Office... I have to go to work after this. Gonna be a LONG day!
  • Options
    @cindler WTF that is not cool!! At my lab, as soon as I checked in the receptionist gave me the drink. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    foodislovefoodislove member
    edited April 2019
    @cindler WTF, I'd have asked for my drink by minute 5. They best get their crap together.

Bitching because I've officially used up all my sick leave on this damn pregnancy. Between being actually sick, bed rest in December, kiddo has been sick, all these damn doctor's appts, I'm out. And I get *30* days of sick leave a year, that's a SHITTON. SO PISSED I'm out. 

Quick edit: I earn per paycheck, so I will earn more to keep going to my preg appts but I'm out of backup.
  • Options
    @cindler That is terrible! My office gives me the drink weeks in advance and it’s my responsibility to drink it before I get there so they take my blood right off the bat... why can’t all offices do that?! Hang in there. 
  • Options
    Pissed off angry crying trying to get on pantyhose this morning so I could wear one of my swing dresses to work. I am tired of wearing them with leggings, but NO ONE local has plus sized pantyhose, the ones I have won't come close to fitting over the belly, and ordering them online is just going to piss me off right now. 

When not preggo I wear my dresses with thigh highs that are super comfy. Unfortunately the shorts I wear to make sure I do not flash my ass at students do not currently fit either. I love love love love love love love this baby, but I am tired of being fat and frumpy and angry and crying. 10 more weeks, 10 more weeks, 10 more weeks (gotta love a scheduled c-section right now). 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy that sucks!! I'm sorry!! I know the feeling of nothing fitting and just wanting to cry. Hang in there!! 

• Options
    my first world bitch.. I bought a new 32" monitor for my home office since I'm giving up my office for the baby and moving into our bedroom. I just plugged this thing in and the fucking font size is so huge and I have it adjusted down to the smallest setting. I'll have to get used to it but I feel like I'm sitting front row at the movies. I have the same size screen at my office, but it was WAY more expensive so I guess I get way I pay for... but still!! 
  • Options
    @jennm0724 Sounds like maybe the screen size setting is off. Did you try and change the dimensions from the settings menu? I know when I go from my work monitor to my home monitor, they do not get along very well, so I have to make adjustments because my PC is dumb. 
    And if I airplay my macbook to my TV, I can't see a dang thing because it makes everything TINY. 
  • Options
    @hakele already tried.. I'm at the smallest setting I can have.. I even pinged our IT department and they tell me its at the correct resolution size.. oh well. Just have to get used to it.. 

• Options
    There are like 10,000 ways to solve for that. 

My bitchfest is that I have to go down to our main office today and clean out my old desk. I just have been putting it off, and they are moving our department as we all work remote anyways to just store the things that we need for classes in a smaller office down the hall. So I gotta go collect all of my things... and there are many people there who do not know that I am pregnant, so that should be really fun. Ugh. 
  • Options
    I am moving on to bitching at myself for being a twatwaffle and not completing SPED paperwork I need to do for my caseload until today. I need to get it filled out, printed, signed, and sent to the DO and I just don't wanna. I will be using nearly all of my prep today and tomorrow and Thursday getting this paperwork done so I can basically close out my year on these kiddos. 
  • Options
    I've been advised by pretty much all of my care providers to eat eggs to help with overall pregnancy protein needs plus the choline for GD. 

I drove out to a farm to get fresh eggs yesterday. Pre-hardboiled 6, had two for breakfast and... I HATE EGGS. Ugh. I hate them so much. The taste and texture just gross me out to no end. I hate them no matter how they are prepared, and omelets, frittatas and quiches are the worst. I like deviled eggs but mayo/mustard are on the no list for GD, and also, I don't want to eat 6 deviled egg halves every single day for the next 3 months. 
  • Options
    I went to a bachelorette party over the weekend. It was fun! But I kept getting asked by the same person countless times if I was ok. I know she was just wanting to make sure everyone had a good time - and I appreciate that. And I did have a good time, unless my resting bitch face was just super strong, and seemed other wise. It's just a sober person can only match so much to those that are PLASTERED. Plus we started the day at 11 and didn't end til 8 - that'd be a long day not pregnant.
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy obviously not the same kind of paperwork, but I'm the same way today. I'm getting these silly requests from people today, and I've been in meh whenever sort of mood. I also found out that there was a "rumor" going around that I was due in October. Which whatever people misunderstand things. But Friday I had two people ask me about baby then ask for due date. When I told them late July they asked if I was sure it wasn't October uhh yeah pretty positive. So I'm just over all of them today.

@mamanbebe I HATE hard boiled eggs, deviled included. If I was told I had to eat more eggs for protein I would have a hard time getting them down too.

@hakele good luck with your clean out today!
  • Options
    quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited April 2019
    There are some budget cuts coming at work and now on top of everything else I'm worrying about potential layoffs. UGH.
  • Options
    @mamanbebe Oh my goodness... Where do I begin? I love eggs. I love eggs so much I am raising my (2nd!) flock of urban chickens so that I can have fresh eggs every day of the year. I'm building a new coop and have spent upwards of $600 on equipment already just to invest in future eggs. I'm feeding and watering and cleaning out the brooder, and I'm doing this all for myself because no one else in my family really cares for eggs. But to hear that you *hate* them... Actually HATE them... I'm not even sure what to say or think at this point. I hope we can stay friends.
  • Options
    @cbeanz hahaha  <3 I have nothing against eggs, I want to love eggs but I developed an aversion to them years ago. I still put them on food in hopes that things will change + them being so good for you, like a sautéed & roasted veggie bowl with an over medium egg on top, but I usually cannot finish the egg part of the meal. 
  • Options
    Small house renovation (fixing a small patch of water damage) has led to a complete rip out and fix of our basement, a new patio and then a since we are at it, a new roof. My house is a disaster and we just lost so much money.... 
  • Options
    @Happyin14 I am so so so sorry. Homeownership is a b*tch, and I feel you.

M woke up at 5:30am. My MIL leaves to go home today at noon and I'm solo parenting til DH gets home from Africa on Saturday. I'm exhausted and short-tempered and my house is a mess. I just want a week off by myself to get my house clean and pretty, damnit.
  • Options
    @Happyin14 ugh isn't that always how it goes with home projects???
  • Options
    msimimsimi member
    edited April 2019
    This morning (at 6:30am) I got the standard group text from DHs family about how we're going to divide up who brings what for Easter. OF COURSE only the women are on the text which means not only was my phone blown up way too early this morning, but I then had to convey the whole conversation to DH since he is out of town for work and the one who handles the cooking in our house. So basically I wasted part of my morning playing telephone between the group chat and DH. This happens literally every holiday/event and it drives me nuts. I know it's pretty small and inconsequential but I have a low tolerance for this kind of annoying sexist bullshit.
  • Options
    @msimi Tell the to take you off and put him on.  If that makes you uncomfortable just tell them it would be simpler for you guys if they put him on.  No sense in things being difficult and annoying for you.  It's an easy add for them.  I'd address it this holiday actually and request that from here on out he be the message receiver for these type of group messages where planning food is being addressed....

Or better yet make him tell them he wants on it. 
  • Options
    @msimi Ew! That's just as bad as when the wives of my husband's friends group-text about getting the boys together over holidays! Like, they can plan their own social lives! 
  • Options
    Ha! @Cbeanz, I would never plan something for DH. But he isn’t capable of organizing something. It’s hilarious. 
  • Options
    @msimi guys are the worst at planning anything! And then bitch that my girls group vacas/gets together too much! 

So my rant.....we bought new flooring, paint and ceiling fans 3 months ago for or our master and room we will be moving our 3yo into. Well....only thing done is the paint in the master! My goal was to have everything cleaned out and done by the end of spring break....well that is tomorrow and I'm freaking out! Need man to get this shit done asap!
  • Options
    @mamanbebe how do you feel about cottage cheese? It’s really high in protein as well. If you do like deviled eggs, you can make it with hummus instead. Bonus to that is chickpeas are also good for you and has protein. I personally love eggs but I understand aversion. I like to make stir-fry cauliflower rice with scrambled eggs so it’s healthier than typical Chinese food. I use minimal olive oil while I pan scramble an egg in the same pan and grill up some chicken. 

My personal bitchfest is just that I can’t freaking sleep and thusly am on here at 2:22am with a fan pointed straight at me in nothing but a fitted sheet as a blanket (it works well when I have to get up every hour to pee and keeps my feet covered. It’s not even the 90s yet and I know it’s gonna be a hot summer.

• Options
    @alyinnc Meh, if the painting doesn’t get done, it’s not the end of the world, right? At least there’s walls up! But definitely paint away! I hope you’re able to achieve all your goals! 

@leylea89 I hear you on the no sleeping part! I hope you were able to sleep in a bit today! 

My birch is DD is teething. Boogery nose/face/hair EVERYTHING when she wakes up in the AM. But last night was particularly bad: she was up 3x (she’s been STTN for about 8 months now) with a snot filled nose and a little cough. So DH and I took turns rocking her back to sleep. Why is teething SO HARD?!?! 

Also: Happy Easter ladies! 

• Options
    msimimsimi member
    Update: DH told his family that next time he should be copied on the food-related group texts. His aunt was SHOCKED that he does the cooking and then asked how we were going to feed the baby 🙄 I told her that the good news is that my husband lives with us so we won’t starve! Lol. I also had to explain to her that I *can* cook, I’m just not great at it and DH likes to cook so he does that. Not to mention we both work full time so it’s not exactly crazy that he handles some of the household duties. 
  • Options
    @msmimi that’s great! Elder people sometimes don’t understand our newfangled ways. Lol. Besides, whether you use boob or bottle, I’m pretty sure you’ll know how to keep your kid from starving in a few easy steps 😂.