October 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: Engagement Story

For those of you who are married, tell us how your partner proposed to you (or how you proposed).

Re: GTKY: Engagement Story

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We knew from pretty early on that we would be getting married and he joked about it often, maybe even as a way of feeling out my answer. But we had even gone ahead a bought a house together before getting engaged. My joke was always, "I don't need a ring, I have a 30 year mortgage around my finger." He also often had asked what kind of ring did I want. (He ended up doing an awesome job designing it without my help.)
    We had friends that owned a very nice restaurant which we frequented regularly. This particular night we had gone out and I remember they brought us a couple of the same dishes that we had had on our first date, which also was there. I don't remember why but I had suspected that he might propose that night, but I remember putting my hand on his leg at one point and him brushing me away. He also had seemed a little spacey and distant at a couple other times throughout the dinner so I thought oh well maybe not tonight. We finished up dinner and moved over to their bar for dessert and cocktails as we usually did, and when they brought out my dessert the ring box was on the saucer. I don't even remember what the dessert was!
    He had brushed my hand away from his leg earlier because he had the ring box in his pocket and was afraid I was going to feel it, and then kept his distance most of the night just so there wouldn't be a second accidental brush up, lol. I think what he said when "dessert "came out was "well, what do you think?" To which my response was "of course!"
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe getting married on our anniversary was so important to us too!! We got married at his mom's house on a Wednesday on our 8th anniversary with just immediate family and best friends 💚 we then had a reception on the following Saturday!