Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 4/18

2»

Re: WTO Thursday 4/18

• puppylove8910puppylove8910 member
    edited April 2019
    **Lurking from TWW**

@emeraldduchess I think switching to vaginal BBT will help keep your temps more even. I remember my acupuncturist telling me once that oral BBT isn't that helpful because so many factors out of your control can alter the reading. Something as simple as breathing with your mouth open overnight can affect the reading. Lame, I know! Next cycle, definitely try switching to vaginal if you are comfortable with it. 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • @shamrocandroll funny that you say that because your instructor said the same thing! Except yeah, it's a little more grim than Staying Alive
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess our instructor also showed us that clip during the class it was great!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Ugh, does anyone know the specifics about using Ibuprofen? I have been sick the past 3 months and taking Advil Cold and Sinus. Does it mostly push your ovulation date back or what?

I'm really happy with the universe for not letting me in on this until now!!! :(:( 
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @bobbyflies2020 I switched from ibuprofen to Tylenol, but I forget specifically why!
  • @kagesstarshroom Interesting!! Apparently Tylenol is safe, but any NSAID carries a small chance of suppressing progesterone and should be avoided mid cycle. This is apparently what Boston IVF recommends:

You should avoid taking aspirin and aspirin-like compounds (such as Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Motrin) around mid-cycle, since these medications can interfere with ovulation. Tylenol is a suitable alternative.

<3         <3 
  • Sorry about the crazy font, I am bumping at work.
    <3         <3 
  • Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions on temping! When we were TTC in the past, I never had a problem with waking up before my temping alarm for some reason. I think I'll keep my alarm set at 5:30 for now and just try to temp as soon as I wake up, if I wake up before the alarm.
  •  I just wanted to say thank you all for the warm welcome back to the dailies. Y’all are too cute!
  • I'm sorry if this is a captain obvious question, but I've just started trying to track my ovulation this cycle. My thermometer instructions say that your temp rises AFTER ovulation. But isn't that too late? So, I guess, is temping supposed to give you an idea of when you ovulate each month? (assuming you're regular) I got some wondfo sticks also but it says to not start testing for like 2 weeks after AF leaves, which I'm worried might be too late. What if I ovulate early? So to be on the safe side, I'm just testing every day since AF left, just in case. Um, ok, so, to the point, are we able to pinpoint actual ovulation or are we looking for a general pattern to help us predict for the following cycle? I'm clearly such a newbie. But I'm NOT a peggy! 😝
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited April 2019
    @peppyj9 temping will confirm ovulation. So if you’re using opks and get a positive, the temp spike afterwards will confirm you actually ovulated. The opks just show you’re body is gearing up to it. After a little while you will learn your body and see the other signs such as cramping, ewcm, etc. You could use it to predict future fertile weeks but it’s not always guaranteed. I usually ovulate cd13/14 and the last few months haven’t o’d until cd18. Ovulation can change from cycle to cycle depending on a lot of things (stress, loss, meds etc.) Also, I start using opks around cd10 because my cycle is around 28 days. 

Edit hopefully that answers your question.
  • @kbrown2385 yes, very helpful! Thank you! 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited April 2019
    @peppyj9 I don’t have that much to add to kbrown’s input. I just wanted to encourage you that we all started where you are so keep asking your questions. It’s great that this time you are using OPKs since right after AF. You should be able to see a distinct difference once they start changing color & *hopefully* be able to pinpoint when they are getting stronger & when you peak. You will likely ovulate within 12-48 hours after seeing a peak reading (a line as dark or darker than the control). Then you can confirm ovulation has happened once you see your temp spike. It’s all a waiting game until you’ve had 3 days of consistently high temps to confirm that ovulation really did take place. It may take a month or two to get the hang of it. Good luck! 
  • @keikilove thank you! I really appreciate the encouragement and knowledge that you all are sharing. It's so helpful because otherwise I'd feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Don't you just BD and magically get KU? 😝 I have to admit; after a year of NTNP and now really trying, I'm baffled by what a small window of opportunity there is! I spent so many years trying to prevent that it feels a bit like a slap in the face that it takes this much effort to get KU. But I'm staying hopeful and as so many people keep telling me "trying to relax"...
  • @peppyj9 These ladies know more than I do and gave some great advice, but another great resource is the book Taking Control of Your Fertility.  I learned so much from reading it, and finished it feeling so mad that no one had ever taught me this stuff before, haha!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll thank you! I'll check it out. I'm currently reading "The Woman Code" by Alisa Vitti that my SIL gave me. (highly recommend) I'm only halfway through and I feel the same way! Why is no one teaching this to girls at puberty age? I feel like I'm discovering my body for the first time 🤷‍♀️