October 2019 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 4/15

Last time I tried this it flopped but now that some of us are feeling better I thought this might be helpful! 

What are are you cooking this week?

Re: Meal Plan Monday 4/15

• I plan to make a roast and potatoes/carrots this week sometime and tuna noodle casserole. I'd like to do tater tots casserole. Just easy stuff so I can have lunch for work lol

• Loading the player...
  • This week’s plan with links for 2 of our favorite meals:

Monday - grilled chicken salads 

Tuesday - sheetpan shrimp and chicken fajitas (https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/sheet-pan-chicken-and-shrimp-fajitas/d12b77aa-f64d-469d-ad1c-f94e8b78d4e1) 

Wednesday - dinner at my parents

Thursday - taco cornbread casserole (https://pin.it/jt6qnb7ol4v535)

Friday - burgers on the grill and pasta salad 

Saturday - dinner at IL’s

Sunday - Easter dinner 
  • Our dinners this week are courtesy of Costco’s pre-made meals - because I have the energy and stomach strength to turn on the oven and put something in it, but that’s about it. 

In no particular order (and with lots of leftovers, because Costco):
    - meatloaf and mashed potatoes 
    - Mac and cheese
    - pork bao buns

I’m still not really eating veggies, but DH has enough salad, broccoli, random other veggies to fend for himself (and maybe even get DD to eat something green). 

Good reminder to think of something fun to eat for Easter. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @greenbean-2 veggies have been hard for me too but salads have tasted really good
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @galentine have you successfully made the cauliflower crust before? Is it pretty decent? I know it won't taste like "bread" but I'm curious if it's delicious in its own unique way like many paleo dishes are.
  • Here's our week:

Mon - Nothing planned as I will be out of town this evening/tomorrow daytime for work
    Tues - Blue Apron meal #1: Seared chicken with spicy kale and mushroom farro
    Weds - Blue Apron meal #2: Texas style chicken fried steaks and gravy with potatoes and green beans
    Thurs - Blue Apron meal #3: Curry chicken pitas with cucumber yogurt and sweet chili slaw
    Fri - Grilled turkey burgers with sweet potato fries and salad
    Sat - Date night somewhere out and about
    Sun - Easter dinner with some of DH's players coming to the house (he's a college soccer coach): I'm making ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls, salad, deviled eggs, and sugar cookies
  • @galentine have you successfully made the cauliflower crust before? Is it pretty decent? I know it won't taste like "bread" but I'm curious if it's delicious in its own unique way like many paleo dishes are.
    I've never made it before, and I'm cheating this week. It's a frozen pizza with cauliflower crust 😂🙈
  • We have been planning on doing a kitchen remodel and with this little boy finally on the way we pulled the trigger and got it started!  We are about half way done but my kitchen is still in pieces so “cooking” is not really something I can do right now.  

Our grocery store has ready made meals that you just pop in the over. We plan on eating lots of those this week.

On Sunday, for Easter, I’m going to my sisters house.  We are making a ham, scallop potatoes, glazed carrots, roasted asparagus, kale salad and deviled eggs.  Easter is one of my favorite holidays.   
  • @cdnrunning @galentine I made it once. I went into it with low expectations and didn’t think it was bad! The recipe I used had sooo much cheese and between my dairy sensitivity (when not pregnant) and my son’s pickiness I haven’t made it again
  • @emily1052 LOL! Thank God for prenatal vitamins. How much nutrition does one get from bread sticks and Alfredo sauce? Probably a lot.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• junebabyhjunebabyh member
    edited April 2019
    elle-0409 said:
    Anybody else vegetarian?
    First of all, your menu is hilarious. Save it b/c it might be a kid favorite in a few years. :)  I was a vegetarian for 6 years. Not anymore, but we still cook a lot of vegetarian meals--stuffed pepper with quinoa instead of meat inside is a favorite and very easy. 
    I haven't participated in Meal Plan Monday because my DH does the planning, shopping and preparing since he does pickup and is the first home. I never know what we're having until I walk in the door.
    (edited for typo)
  • @junebabyh I’m jealous that your husband does the cooking! I don’t mind it most of the time really but it gets old. I’d have to find out ahead of time what I’d be eating though to mentally prepare myself. Especially when pregnant 
  • @junebabyh Yes, that sounds amazing! I'll put it on the list for this week. Thanks! :) I am also jealous that your husband does all of that work. It sounds like heaven!
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @cdnrunning we really enjoyed cauliflower crust pizza!! I did it deep dish / casserole style the second time and thought the meat +sauce to crust ratio was perfect that way! 
  • @elle-0409 I’m not a veggie but used to do meatless meals regularly. A few of my favorites are corn and bean quesadillas (https://pin.it/47mlsa3ezky4zq) and cheese and veggie stuffed shells (pretty sure this is the recipe https://pin.it/jama3fo3ihiome). Another favorite, but more of a side, is zucchini and peppers roasted in the oven with Parmesan breadcrumbs 
  • @melanier26 @elle-0409 The grass is always greener, right? I used to loathe that the pressure of cooking always fell on me, especially after a long day at work. Then we switched our drop-off and pick-up schedule--I do mornings and he does evenings--and so now I kind of miss cooking for my family. The other big factor is: DH does the grocery shopping to begin with b/c he is a nerdy coupon cutter. He claims I spend too much money at the grocery store, which I supposed is true. I shop by wants and needs and packaging (sorry, not sorry. I do not have a brain for coupons). He shops and therefore meal plans by what's on sale.
  • I make a meal plan on Sunday for 3 days in a row. 
    Breakfast- ground turkey and roasted sweet potatoes 
    Lunch- meatloaf and mashed potatoes with green beans 
    Dinner- Salmon, sweet potato, carrots, asparagus 
    Then on Wednesday, I’ll cook again :)
  • @elle-0409 We used to be mostly vegetarian and would eat a lot of stir frys, curries, and bean or lentil stews/chilis.  But DD is picky about vegetables and I apparently become a heavy red meat eater during pregnancy (not to mention my veggie aversion) so things are just weird lately. I think my toddler would love your meal plan :smile:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @elle-0409 one of my favorite meatless meals is polenta lasagna. Polenta layered with pesto, red sauce and cheese 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Cooking? What is that?

In all seriousness though I rarely cook, its my hubby's area. I only cook when he's busy at work. We failed at putting our menu together but odds are the week will go like this:

Wed: Brinner
    Thurs: Spaghetti & Meatballs
    Fri: Pizza
    Weekend: Who knows!!
  • @melanier26 @greenbean-2 @kindbytealikat Oh my gosh, THANK YOU!!! Sometimes I feel like I get in such a rut and these ideas are perfect! Yum!!
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• elle-0409 said:
    Wednesday: A loaf of bread and a block of cheese.
    OMG that was the best haha
  • Cass005 said:
    elle-0409 said:
    Wednesday: A loaf of bread and a block of cheese.
    OMG that was the best haha
    Also, @elle-0409, this fits well with what I know of you, because a loaf of bread and a block of cheese from the market was what my H and I had for dinner almost every night when we visited Paris ❤
  • Finally getting a bit of energy back, and tho I'm still not in the kitchen regularly, this is just the inspiration I'm needing to get back on the horse. Great ideas guys and thank you for starting the thread up again @melanier26!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • I am seriously considering stopping at the Japanese restaurant on my way home for some dumplings/gyoza.....mhmm definitely feeling that. OR splurging on the lunch special at work today. It's 2 texas tommy's :D I need to stop I'm making myself hungry hahaha

• Cass005 said:
    I am seriously considering stopping at the Japanese restaurant on my way home for some dumplings/gyoza.....mhmm definitely feeling that. OR splurging on the lunch special at work today. It's 2 texas tommy's :D I need to stop I'm making myself hungry hahaha

What’s a “Texas tommy”?
  • emily1052 said:
    What’s a “Texas tommy”?
    Well in our area its a hot dog with chilli. I think some people put onions. I didn't get one though =/
  • @Cass005 that sounds delicious!!! 
  • @emily1052 right?! I had to leave work early, it's cool though I ended up getting hot wings for dinner and they were glorious. I typically don't like them, except when I'm pregnant apparently.