July 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY 4/18

Maybe more of a check-in on everyone since it's kind of hard to see how everyone is doing unless we go through every check in. Guys! We are entering 3rd tri! The final stretch!! Can you even believe it??

-How far along are you?
-Biggest pregnancy complaint?
-Best thing about pregnancy so far?
-How's the nursery and preparing going?
-How's your SO handling your pregnancy?
-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? 
Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: GTKY 4/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sparty18Sparty18 member
    edited April 2019
    -How far along are you? 28w5d

-Biggest pregnancy complaint?  This baby is positioned so differently than my last and I have been so uncomfortable from where he/she keeps pressing on me.  It's like he/she wants to separate my left leg from my hip.  I'll keep it there, thanks.

-Best thing about pregnancy so far?  Not having the horrible swelling (yet) that I got so early last time.

-How's the nursery and preparing going?  Pretty well... over the last couple of weeks we painted and then I stenciled the accent wall last weekend.  The crib was delivered a few weeks ago but is still in the box...  Need to start figuring out the rest of the furniture and I'm going to pick out two different themes to then order once baby is here and we know gender.  

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy?  Same as last time - very nonchalant about everything, which is just his personality.  He's not one for any romantic gestures, lol, so it's not surprising he isn't pampering me or anything.  

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears?  Aside from the normal fears of the unknowns, I'm really hoping to not have an episiotomy again.  Mine was so painful last time and I'd love to not deal with that this time.  Doing what I can, but not much I can really do.
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    -How far along are you? 28w 6d

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? Sleeping, pelvic pressure, contractions whenever I am standing/walking. Oh and the fact I have been sick pretty much every month and have had the flu twice in two months. This child has sucked me dry of an immune system.

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling the little one move. 

-How's the nursery and preparing going? Well we have what we need, but we are not merging our oldest two together until the end of May. So nursery won’t be out together until that happens.

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? It’s our 3rd, so he’s been there done that. He’s been doing more and more for me again as I get bigger. 

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? My water breaking our of nowhere and not making it to the hospital. My first two pregnancies were very quick and my first my water did break out of nowhere. 
  • Options
    gembudgembud member
    edited April 2019
    -How far along are you? 29w3d

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? Weight gain / leg pains / hips at night

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling baby boy move and kick!

-How's the nursery and preparing going? Okkk we are getting there, most of the big stuff is in place, it's just the little details

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? I mean honestly what's there to handle - he's just an observer! But, he's really good, he goes above and beyond to take care of me and make sure I'm comfy and have what I want/need

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? FTM so the unknown, but I wouldn't say I'm afraid. Really my biggest fear is being a FTM I don't really know what I want/don't want so I'm not sure how to go about a birth plan. @hakele had posted a birth plan doc a while back that was a good start, but I still was stumped by some parts, because how do you know until you've really experienced it
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    -How far along are you?  26+4 

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? I have been having so much pain right under my bump and where my legs attach to my body  :D  (is that a ligament?) I don't remember being so uncomfortable so early with my other two, but I'm sure it's all normal pregnancy unpleasantness

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? When strangers see me with my two small children and comment on 'how busy you must be' and I can hit them with the fact that there's another one a'comin! 

-How's the nursery and preparing going? Um... I found a used bassinet from a friend to replace our old one. That's about the extent of my preparations! 

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He talks about it NEVER. Like... never. It took him a LONG time to agree to a 3rd, and I think he may still be in a bit of denial. 

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? I think this has come up in randoms after a bad batch of tv shows... I'll be a repeat C, and there are always fears surrounding going under the knife. I don't want my babies to be without their mama. 
  • Options
    - How far along are you? 25+3

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? Exhaustion and having a job with lots of travel which doesn’t make things better...

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? Definitely DD (3 year old)’s excitement about being a big sister

-How's the nursery and preparing going? I’ve done nothing...

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He definitely knew what to expect more this time around so is less bothered by my mood swings and inability to get off the couch after work

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? I’m terrified of getting pre-eclampsia. I have major white coat hypertension (which I had with DD as well) and I’m so scared of pre-e. Also worried about PPD post delivery as it was a struggle last time.

-Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? Taking my blood pressure every day...multiple times....considering doing 24 hr monitoring just to make 100% sure that it only goes up at the gynecologist visits. The doctors aren’t as worried as I am...just remind me constantly of the signs and recommend more therapy to de stress :)
  • Options
    -How far along are you? 25w 5 d
    -Biggest pregnancy complaint? I just really miss deli sandwiches and crave Jimmy John's all the time  :D 
    -Best thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling him move around and kick down there.
    -How's the nursery and preparing going? Well, haven't started it. We're reno-ing our bathroom so once that is done we'll move on to nursery. Shower is in June, so nothing really bought yet. But we're hoping to move stuff out of guest bedroom and paint Memorial Day weekend.
    -How's your SO handling your pregnancy? So wonderfully! He likes talking to him and is very attentive and has honestly been my personal chef throughout most of it which is great.
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? I think just of something going wrong, I trust my doctors and everything but then think about that friend of a friend of a whatever who had a terrible loss and it messes with my head. Just thinking and staying positive!
  • Options
    -How far along are you? 27 weeks 2 days
    -Biggest pregnancy complaint? Lately, sleeping. I have such a hard time getting comfortable and sometimes my hips hurt so bad I can't sleep. Waking up every couple of hours to pee. It's the worst.
    -Best thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling baby kicks :smile:
    -How's the nursery and preparing going? Almost all the big stuff is in place, just need to stock up on things like diapers, creams, etc.
    -How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He's doing pretty well - I think it's sinking in more that this is real and he needs to learn a few things about childbirth and babies. He's been helpful around the house too, although I feel like I have to nag a lot to get certain things done when I wish he'd just stay on top of it.
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? I really want a natural, drug free birth. I'm afraid of being pressured to do things I don't want and giving in to that. No judgment whatsoever to moms who choose medical interventions, but this is my choice and I hope I'm supported in it once the time comes. I am honestly much more afraid of a long and painful recovery while I'm trying to care for a newborn, maintain my mental health, and manage our house than the experience of labor and birth itself.
    -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? I'm reading a lot and getting DH involved so he knows what I want. Also planning to do at least one natural birth class and discuss my plans with my midwives.

• Options
    -How far along are you? 28+2 

-Biggest pregnancy complaint?  Lightening crotch.... its been awful! 

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling her move more than I thought I would (I have an anterior placenta this time) 

-How's the nursery and preparing going? Good! Easy... she is getting most of big sister's things. 

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? Great. No complaints! 

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? I really want my VBAC

• Options
    cb123391cb123391 member
    edited April 2019
    How far along are you? 28+4 
    -Biggest pregnancy complaint? All of the appointments.. I wish I could get them all done on one day so that I didn't miss so much work. I see MFM, OB, Endocrinologist and then go for extra testing each month too. Also, everyone telling me their opinions on my weight gain. I've only gained 6 lb and I was a normal bmi to begin with. My babies are growing, I eat NONSTOP but I just don't pack on the lbs. Everyone makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. Only gained 8 lb with my first I pregnancy and my son was born 8lb13oz.
    -Best thing about pregnancy so far? Can't wait to meet my little guys. I love feeling their kicks.
    -How's the nursery and preparing going? I feel pretty good about it. We have all of the most important things. Just need to add the final touches. 
    -How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He travelled a lot for work after our first DS so he's in for a rude awakening for those sleepless nights. Especially with two on the way this time. He also hasn't handled my hormones too well this time around.
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? I had my BP drop really low last c section and I'm terrified of that happening again, or just any of the risks associated with a c section in general. Baby A also has a velementous cord so if my water breaks they told me I don't have a lot of time before danger strikes and I live 40+ minutes from the hospital.. -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? Honestly, trying to ignore it at this point so I don't stress myself out too much. 
  • Options
    msimimsimi member
    -How far along are you? 27+2
    -Biggest pregnancy complaint? The constant struggle with clothes, especially when I need to get dressed up. 
    -Best thing about pregnancy so far? I see I’m not alone here but how much she’s moving. I find it so entertaining!
    -How's the nursery and preparing going? Everything has been picked out and I’ve bought/put together about half of the furniture. Now I’m just waiting on my showers before buying anything else. Also, DH and I both work from home and my office is the room turning into the nursery so I want to wait as long as possible before combining our offices. I’m feeling way behind where I thought I’d be on this stuff though.
    -How's your SO handling your pregnancy? Overall, pretty good. He’s excited but kind of freaked out by the medical portion. I think he’ll be more into it once she’s actually here. Otherwise he’s been super supportive. 
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? I’m hoping I don’t have to get a C-section since DH wouldn’t be able to be there for it and the recovery seems brutal. Otherwise I’ve felt oddly positive about delivery. 
    -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? Not really. Honestly my fears about once she gets here are way worse and I’ve been focusing on managing that. I’ve been trying to think, “what would a STM do?” 😂

• Options
    acgxacgx member
    -How far along are you? 28 + 2

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? Early on, the nausea. Now, pubic pain  :s 

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling baby move and seeing how much my husband loves all of it

-How's the nursery and preparing going? We still haven't moved into our new house and it's still being renovated... so zero preparing! Starting to make me a little stressed. 

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He LOVES it. Loves to feel baby move, loves the changes in my body (more than I do ha!), loves to talk about her future. He's medical as well and does a lot of pediatrics, so babies don't freak him out, which is great.

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? Generally only of fairly catastrophic things, but even with that I'm very confident in doctors and nurses and hospital. I guess the most specific concern is that I'm anti-coagulated (I take aspirin and lovenox) and therefore am at higher risk for both blood clots and bleeding in various degrees. And not really doing much about it. Again, confident in my caregivers, in my own knowledge, and my husband's knowledge/ability to advocate for me if I can't for some reason. 
  • Options
    geoduck21geoduck21 member
    edited April 2019
    -How far along are you?  
    27 weeks today
    I've developed an ummbilic hernia and carpal tunnel syndrome.
    Kicks
    0% ready
    Pretty well. He didn't seem especially connected, but gets excited about taking to baby and feeling movement.
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? 
    That something will be wrong with baby, that I'll deliver too early. I've been using Hyonobirthing techniques and will be starting the Blissborn homestudy soon.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26w3d
    Biggest pregnancy complaint? Early BH again, they wind me like none other.
    Best thing about pregnancy so far? Growing our family, excited for baby snuggles.
    How's the nursery and preparing going? Crib still isn't built, and some of our furniture has been delayed. I need to go through M's old clothes and prep the dressers and put up art and curtains too.
    How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He's been a champ. 
    What's your biggest fears about delivery? Just that everyone comes out healthy and if it's another c-sec, that I heal up okay again. My mom had bladder issues after my sister and I really won't want any lingering affects other than maybe some weight and wider hips if I can help it.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27W 6D

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? Sleeping is so hard. I either can’t get comfortable and toss and turn all night, or wake up from a dead sleep and can’t go back to sleep 

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling baby girl move. Seeing how excited my oldest is for his baby sister to be here! 

-How's the nursery and preparing going? We’re still clearing stuff out of the room, but we do have the majority of what will be in the nursery, so it’s just a matter of setting things up. 

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He’s absolutely amazing. He has taken on the bulk of taking care of the boys when he’s home from work, and house stuff, and hasn’t complained once. I’m so thankful for him. 

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears?- My biggest fear is not getting to the hospital in time. Thankfully the hospital is only 25-30 minutes away, so I know the chances of that happening aren’t super high, but my second was born very quickly. Just thinking of going into labor, getting the boys to the in laws house, whether or not my husband will be home or at work, I get a bit antsy. It’ll all work out though! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

-How far along are you? 28 weeks today!!
    -Biggest pregnancy complaint? The insomnia. Other than that, I really can't complain! In some ways this is my easiest pregnancy.
    -Best thing about pregnancy so far? Finding out we are having a boy after our 2 sweet girls. Getting so excited to meet this little dude😊
    -How's the nursery and preparing going? We don't really need to do much besides buy boy clothes, and I have most of that done. We made our nursery gender neutral  because I'm not all into girly stuff lol! Also because I knew we'd have more than one child.
    -How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He was more excited in the beginning than I was, now it's pretty equal. He loves his girls, but he's so excited for a little boy to go hunting and fishing with!
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? That I won't be able to have the naturalbirth I've always wanted. Ever. First baby was a vacuum delivery, so even though it was technically natural, I still needed help. Second was an emergency c-section. I have no idea what to expect! I only hope I can hold my baby immediately after birth. I've never gotten to! I know it may seem trivial, and of course the most important thing is a safe delivery. But for those of us who have never gotten a chance at the birth they always envisioned, it's vital!
    -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? Prayer. Lots of prayer! And reading comforting scripture. My favorite is Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord and he answered me; and delivered me from all my fears." I know that no matter what happens, God's already there and we got this! 

• Options
    -How far along are you? 28w and 2 d
    -Biggest pregnancy complaint? hip and knee pain. it's pretty much non stop when moving around.
    -Best thing about pregnancy so far? feeling little mister move/kick
    -How's the nursery and preparing going? It's going slow. we have a crib, dresser, nightstand, rug. It's time to kick it into gear.
    -How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He loves it mostly besides my lack of a sex drive.
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? Birth complications. Nothing really to ease it. Just have to look forward to my appts to get reassured. 
  • Options
    -How far along are you? 26+3
    -Biggest pregnancy complaint? Just being soo tired. 
    -Best thing about pregnancy so far? I love the kicks so much. Trying to savor them! And watching my belly grow.
    -How's the nursery and preparing going? DS2 is still in the nursery and will be until fall sometime. It's gender neutral so we won't have to change anything when the time comes. Pack and play is already set up in our room, but it's full of toys at the moment. 
    -How's your SO handling your pregnancy? I think he forgets half the time... but when I need extra help or need to rest he's always more than willing to do anything for me! We are both freaking out a little about logistics with 3 under 3!
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? I'm most worried about another NICU stay. Really, really, really hoping we can avoid it this time! And I always let my mind wander about freak delivery accidents so just trying to keep my anxiety at bay by avoiding those thoughts!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27+4

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? Leg cramps, being so winded and tired after menial things, not being "me", no interest in sex.

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? This is something I thought I'd never experience, so I'm trying to appreciate it all! Feeling her move more and more has been magical!

-How's the nursery and preparing going? Got it cleaned out. Waiting for my parents to help paint, then I'll set it up. Most furniture is already purchased, but I need a chair. We are having our shower at our home, so I want it all set up to show off to friends and family! 

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. He is so helpful, encouraging, and supportive. I can't seem to thank him enough for all the things he does for our little girl and me.❤

-What's your biggest fears about delivery? - -Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? I'm really only scared of tearing or an episiotomy. My skin doesn't stretch well, so I'm afraid it will be severe. Other than that, I'm a FTM so clueless as to what to expect. I am very easy going and have faith in the medical professionals who will be taking care of me so I think it'll be as good as it'll be. Whatever happens, happens!
  • Options
    Freaking posted this, had to take a call, and then it wouldn't let me post again until just now. I really hate this app.

-How far along are you? 28wks3d

-Biggest pregnancy complaint? So tired and sore. RLP and sciatica are really kicking my butt. 

-Best thing about pregnancy so far? Besides the baby in the end?! Um... Haha! I do like feeling movement and the anticipation of meeting this little person you've created. 

-How's the nursery and preparing going? Eh. Fifth boy means we don't have a lot to do. We have the basics of our nursery/guestroom combo set up. Just need to do decorate (no rush there) and get the swing and clothes out and sorted. 

-How's your SO handling your pregnancy? He's excited to meet the baby and is amazing at helping when he is home but is super nervous. He keeps asking me when he needs to stay local since he's come home with me having some pretty intense BH. While I'd love him to go ahead and be local we NEED him to continue to be available since I don't want his job to try to send him out when it gets closer because he's been unavailable for so long... Ugh. 

-What's your biggest fears about delivery?Are you doing anything to help ease those fears? Besides the obvious of losing the baby or myself, greatest fears would be not making it to the hospital or having no one to watch our boys when I go into labor. Both are very real possibilities since we don't have family or real close friend nearby, the hospital is 45mins+ away since they moved locations, I have super fast labors, and my OB this time around said they won't induce because of dilation and effacement alone. Understandable but still kind of scary. Maybe I'm crazy but I've actually done some research on what to do if you don't make it to the hospital and I'll for sure be packing an entertainment bag for the boys to keep in the van just in case when it gets a bit closer. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    26 weeks :)
    Puking. Every damn day! It was the same way my last pregnancy. 
    I’ve gotten way more organized. I’ve had to really sort through my ds things and get rid of things we really don’t use or need. 
    We have prepped both the nursery and my son’s room for painting. I’ve ordered all baby’s bedding. All we really have to do is put everything together!
    He’s been a worried mess. He’s always asking me if I’m feeling ok, telling me I shouldn’t push myself too hard when I go running, etc.
    -What's your biggest fears about delivery?
    I’m nervous about having another c section. It’s just a scary thought. Last time I was so freaked out that they literally gave me a tranquilizer 🤣
    Are you doing anything to help ease those fears?
    Ive talked to my husband about it and my dr. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat like you I was just now able to respond but literally everyone has something on theirs that made me smile. Unfortunately also can’t love anything. 

-How far along are you? 
    26w3d

Sleep. I’ve always slept like I was going for an Olympic gold medal in sleeping and now I just can’t. I have to pee, he wants to party, I’m sweating, or I can’t find the right position. 

Bonding with Amadeus. I can feel him stretch out every morning about 5 minutes after I wake up and I tell him good morning. If I’m bored, I’ll let my hand rest on my tummy and he almost always kicks it within seconds. Whenever he flutters or kicks, I just feel so grateful to be reminded he’s real and I’m finally going to get to mommy from the very start.

Awkward. I’ll be sharing a room with him and living at my parents’ house until i can get us into housing after moving there and getting off maternity leave and starting at a new job so there’s gonna be some transition. 

I don’t have an SO- doing the single by choice and fertility treatment method. I do have a supportive family though and staying with my sister to save for baby. I’m an inconvenience to her but she loves him... she also finds pregnancy creepy though so she doesn’t want to hear when I want to talk about it or to feel him moving.

Anything happening to my baby. I honestly can’t fathom living on if something happened to him. He’s already got my full heart. I made a birth plan but everyone’s so intent on telling me what I already know- that babies aren’t born according to a plan. But it helps my anxiety so I wish they’d shut up about it. That’s why a I got doulas too. They’re there to support me and assuage me if the plan has to change. I need that and I don’t believe my family is capable of it.
  • Options
    -How far along are you? 
    27W 4D

The weight gain, pelvic pain.

Baby kicks

Pretty much done. Re-using all my Ds' old baby items so we have all the big things. 

Fine, he's cool as a cucumber and doesn't show a lot of emotion. 

Complications leading to interventions resulting in hard postpartum healing again. It was rough a rough 4th trimester last time. I've taken one class and have talked over my concerns with my OB and will with my Doula this week.