Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Wednesday

What are you afraid of? Spiders, clowns, anything atypical?

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: GTKY Wednesday

• Options
    flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited April 2019
    Oh boy! Y'all are gonna think I'm insane. My crazy phobias:

Normalish fears:
    Acrophobia- Fear of heights
    Claustrophobia-Fear of enclosed spaces
    Agorophobia- Fear of crowds and wide open spaces
    ^These three often occur together. I've heard that the inner ear may actually be involved!

Autophobia -Fear of being abandoned.
    Glossophobia-Fear of public speaking and social interaction.
    Necrophobia- Fear of dead bodies.
    Thanatopobia - Fear of death. A pretty normal one I think.
    Vehephobia -
    Fear of driving. Usually if it is a different route or in a more urban setting.
    Spheksophobia - Fear of wasps. This is a recently developed one. I'm only afraid of yellow jackets as I'm allergic to them and I had a scarring experience last fall whilst solo hiking (I was stung over 20 times before I made it back to my husband. He had to smack them off of me as I was screaming and crying). Wasps in general don't bother me. Only the aggressive yellow jackets freak me out.

Some of my weirder ones:
    Casadastraphobia/Anablephobia- Fear of falling into the sky. Wide open spaces, mountain tops, and sky watching always make me feel like I'm going to float away. This can be a major problem when driving. I had to wrap myself around my husband's arms and legs in order to watch the solar eclipse (a couple of years back) because I thought I was going to drift off.
    Sidonglobophobia- Fear of cotton balls. Touching them, hearing them rip, thinking about them. Barf! Makes me panic thinking just about them. *gags*

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't love the idea of being out at sea with open water... to include flying over oceans. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    I don't love water, but I have to be close to it. Especially... murky water? I was fine in the Caribbean! But lakes/creeks/etc. give me the heebie jeebies. I don't even really like pools... but I'm not AFRAID of pools lol.

I used to be afraid to open doors I've never opened before, but mostly I have gotten past this.

When I was in 8th grade, I was convinced a white Mercedes was stalking me... so I had a general fear of all white Mercedes for a while lol.

That's all I got!
  • Options
    Going blind! I want lasik but the idea of losing my sight terrifies me. Dh got it done a couple of years ago and I could barely listen to the dr talk about it.  
  • Options
    I also fear being in open water or over water. Knowing that I don't have an escape. Also birds. So afraid of birds! 
    TW
  • Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited April 2019
    I'm afraid of the day we stop using Schittz Creek gifs 🤣

I'll come up with something more serious once I get to having lunch!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I was near the finish line during the Boston Marathon bombing, and I still have a lingering general anxiety/paranoia in large crowds.  I also don't like unsecured heights.  I have a touch of vertigo, so that doesn't help.  Also.... fisher cats! 

@flowntheloop I didn't know there was a word for the cotton ball thing!  I wouldn't say I'm afraid of them, but just thinking about that feeling/sound is making me shudder right now.

Also not so much a fear as a pet peeve, but I can't stand mouth noises.  People eating/chewing loudly, dogs licking themselves, lip smacking, etc.  Same thing for the sound of people clipping their nails.  *shudder*

*edited for wordage
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @flowntheloop A few years ago I would've thought you were so weird for the cotton ball thing, but I've learned that it's actually pretty common! I don't have that fear, but lots of people do!

@shamrocandroll I had to Google fisher cats and thought they looked like adorable little land otters! But um then I saw some pictures with their teeth bared (one with a bloody snout...) and yeah, terrifying. But I feel that way about raccoons. Oh wow so cute but I don't ever want to see one up close and personal because they're vicious and terrifying.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited April 2019
    Heights and large bodies of water scare me.
    Someone grabbed me and tried to steal my phone one night a few years ago when I was walking alone and now I have no tolerance for anyone walking behind me - no matter what time of day and whether or not I'm alone! I'll stop on the sidewalk and let them go past if I hear anyone behind me.
    Oh also large cats like the Maine Coon freak me out.
    @shamrocandroll - I forgot fisher cats existed but you just reminded me how scary they are. That must have been terrifying to be at the marathon! Thank god you were okay!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @MJDsquared @whitealbum29 It's more the sound they make.  They sound like a person screaming in the woods, and it makes my blood turn to ice every time I hear it.  They're viscous and have been known to attack and even kill house cats.

ETA here's a YouTube video of the sound they make in case you wanted some nightmares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrvdzCGjbzw
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    My fears include:

Our pets dying

DH dying and me having no clue how to navigate the adult things he takes care of

Losing our house

Tornadoes and really severe weather. Also not a fan of when the power goes out (I seem to really care about the food in our fridge lol)

I'm afraid of the dark to some degree. It all started after seeing Signs and watching the aliens walk out from the corn field in the news footage from Brazil (or whatever). Our house at the time had bay windows in the basement that looked out to the woods that were just beyond our backyard and I had this irrational fear that I would watch one of those aliens walk across those windows anytime I was down there when it was dark outside

Being high up on ledges and looking down

Creepy things like the house centipedes that crawl on our walls. Also large spiders and bugs. I can get over this most of the time. I don't freak out but would certainly rather not touch them!

On a lighter note, I have a fear of DH jumping out to scare me as I come around corners or enter/leave rooms. Gets me every time! But we always laugh about it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @b_1029 I won't walk over those grates either!! hahaha I'm afraid I'll fall in!  :D

I'm terrified of clowns!

Also, any type of creepy crawly but especially large spiders, like Wolf Spiders.... these suckers are massive and you can see them move from across the room.... in the dark. Don't google them!!!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    Oooo @inthewoods23 you made me remember several more fears. My pets / mom dying and something happening to our house/ natural disaster...I would just panic and end up in trouble haha. 
  • Options
    Fear of Ant's, Fly's and lady bug's!  hahaha so ridiculous but I have long curly hair and for some reason a fly will be going by and get stuck ahhh freaks me out get away from my hair  :p

@kpearse99 ugh wolf spiders...'tis the season, we live in the country and now they are starting to pop up, you can hear them moving that's how loud they are
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll- that is a horrible sound. It reminds me of the mocking jays from the hunger games. 

I don't mind the ocean if I'm in a boat. However in the water on the surface or slightly below the surface (15' safety stop for scuba diving) freaks me out. I feel so vulnerable. I swim to the boat so fast after a dive and strip my flippers off as quickly as possible so I can get back into the boat. I'm far more comfortable being +40' below the surface hovering above a coral reef.  I also need something beneath me. No contential shelf diving for me (nothing beneath you just blueish-black water). I have no desire to dive the great blue hole in Belize. 

I've also have a horrible fear of heights and going in an elevator in a tall building. I have a reoccurring dream that I am in an elevator that free falls. 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k reminded me....

BEES! I HATE BEES! GET THOSE THINGS AWAY FROM ME!! STOP THINKING MY HAIR IS A FLOWER!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited April 2019
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k omg I almost threw up in my mouth thinking about the sound!!!
    This is me right now....

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @b_1029 maybe don't read this story I am about to tell about city grates? ......... Okay you had your chance! when I lived in Boston, I was walking from campus (which was basically downtown Boston) to this place in Chinatown to get this delicious lunch I always used to get (Trader Joe's has a comparable thing--but no delicious mango juice-- I digress.) I was walking over one of those grates, and I happened to look down--and there was a guy staring back up at me!!! Haven't liked walking over them ever since. 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 OOOhhh that reminds me. I don't mind bees. And I am not AFRAID of ants, I just HATE them. Passionately. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom That is SO creepy!

I also have a fear of driving through tunnels (thanks Pittsburgh for having so many). But when I was commuting to college one of the tunnels had tiles that would randomly fall. Ever since I saw one fall I was petrified of it happening and breaking my windshield. 
    TW
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom uhhh that’s terrifying, I never even thought of that. I’m just scared of falling in, never to be seen again 😂
  • Options
    @brookert615 that reminds me that my greatest driving fear is merging into a center lane on the freeway at the same time as another car on the other side of the lane I'm trying to merge in to.  AHHH

Regarding city grates - DH begged me to stop walking on them for HIS FEAR that I would fall through. Sometimes they do feel a bit loose! I hop over them on the sidewalk now like some kind of small child without a care in the world because DH thinks it's cute.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Cockroaches and most bugs in general for me. I'm also terrified of the day my dog dies, because I know I'll be devastated.
  • Options
    I am afraid of fish, they make my skin crawl. I also find being out in the open ocean very unsettling ( I blame my family connection to the Titanic on that one).  

@shamrocandroll we have fisher cats in the woods behind our house.  The first time we heard them, DH was ready to call 911 because their screams sounded like a person being attacked. 
  • Options
    Stink bugs.  As if regular bugs arent bad enough, ones that spray you with their stink juice are the effing worst. 
  • Options
    @keikilove that's interesting! 
  • Options
    Aside from the obvious of being afraid of my bf dying, I’m horrified of falling. Which is odd since I fall a lot. 
    I’m also really afraid of home intruders. My bf went off to school for a couple months and bought me a baseball bat to keep by the bed and it helped me sleep. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom That man staring through the grate is so damn creepy!

I'm somewhat claustrophobic. The only one not mentioned here is I don't like things that jump. Frogs, crickets, etc. Nope! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    Do any of you remember when there was an issue with sewer covers/grates accidentally becoming live with electricity and shocking dogs that walked over them?  Also, last year and the year before in Boston some manhole covers exploded.  Sooooo yeah... Boston definitely has a bad history with grates/sewer covers.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I did not hear that but that is seriously so frightening!
    TW