July 2019 Moms

Group 3 / Group 4 Check-In (July 17-31) w/o 4/15

New and improved weekly checkin with Group 4! Welcome ladies!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? 

Re: Group 3 / Group 4 Check-In (July 17-31) w/o 4/15

• foodislovefoodislove member
    edited April 2019
    Nice on the combo! The more the merrier.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25w6d, c-sec schedule Jul 18
    Baby is the size of a(n): Tarte Tatin
    Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue
    Upcoming Appointments: May 1 for glucose (1hr)
    How are you feeling?: Better this week. Turns out I caught a stomach bug from my munchkin last week so that's why I was miserable for near on a week. I'm still pretty uncomfortable, hip issues since M is being super clingy with daddy gone til Sat. 
    Rants/Raves:
    Filed our taxes at the last minute, and we got a big enough refund from state to cover the federal owed, so I'm pretty happy.
    But honestly we need all the extra cash we can get atm because our stone patio is sliding away from the house and we need a fix before it becomes dangerous. I warned DH about that when we bought the house late 2017 but noooo, it was fiiiiiiine. It's literally creating 3-5in gaps in the wall that's how fast it's pulling away. We're putting in a wood deck instead, still $$$ one way or another.
    Questions: Anyone else feel like if the baby came at 36wks, they'd be okay with it...? I mean... I want the baby to be healthy and developed, and I don't want the baby to need the NICU. But thank God this is my last because I'm so done. Snip snip, DH, snip snip...
    Neither... I'm not nervous, but I'm too tired to be excited. Like, I still have too much to get done before R gets here and such.
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25+6 / planned induction at 37 weeks due to ICP

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball glove

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, regular prenatal appt. 

How are you feeling?: So many braxton hicks lately that are pretty uncomfortable. I am pretty sure I need to drink wayyy more water. What do you all do to make sure you're getting enough?! Especially if you stay home? I found it easier as a working mom with my first because my water was always right there in front of me!

Rants/Raves: DS1 jumped so hard on my belly last night it made me (and then him) cry. I was really freaked out! But I'm feeling baby and nothing hurts anymore. Would you call your doctor or let it be? Rave is we are making improvements in the nap and sleep department with both DS1 and DS2. It was SOOO needed!!!

Questions: None!

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? Oh good one... I think I flip flop daily. Excited because I love the newborn stage so much and can't wait to have another squishy babe and see what this little one is like. Nervous because three kids ages three and under. And recently a little sad actually because this is likely the last time I'll be going through all of this!!

@foodislove I know your comment was meant to be harmless (and I'm not upset at your for it!) but really don't wish for a 36 weeker!! They need those last couple weeks so much! My DS2 was supposed to be a 37 weeker but they got his due date wrong so he was 36 (maybe slightly earlier) and he was in the NICU for two weeks. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to go through! Even DS1 who was a 37 weeker and didn't need NICU time still had challenges due to being early. I know I'm uncomfortable too but those extra couple weeks are worth it and I wish I could have given that to my babies!

• @foodislove I went to 41+5 with DD...I won’t lie, I was really ready for her to show up earlier and jealous of my friends having nice 38/39 weekers. 

But as @ccmama3 said, seeing friends go through the NICU with their 35 weeker really put things in perspective. The last weeks are hard but definitely not as hard as being a NICU parent.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/26W4D (CS will likely be 7/8)

Baby is the size of a(n): ping pong paddle

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: 4/30 checkup

How are you feeling?: pretty good. Sciatica and acid reflux are still lurking a bit, but baby shifted in a way that I can bend over better. Although now when I eat candy, my teeth REALLY hurt. I know dental issues are common in pregnancy, but I'm still going to bring it up to my doctor. 

Rants/Raves:  
    Rant: I was talking to my mom last night about how I'm starting to get stressed out (seeing as I'm technically 11 weeks from baby time now :grimace: ), and I think she was trying to make a joke, but her response was, "Well, stop buying baby clothes and start focusing on more important things." Um, I'm not spending tons of time and money shopping for clothes. I have a decent stash of clearance winter stuff and sizes that I'm probably not going to get at my shower, enough where if baby suddenly hits a growth spurt, I'm not left with absolutely nothing. I think she and my dad must have talked, because when I tried to tell him about all the stuff I grabbed on clearance, he laughed out loud and said I was "spending too much time on baby clothes." Never mind that I have a page full of pediatrician phone numbers and a call with the maternity ward on Wednesday, plus several documents with all the stuff that I need to get organized and planned before baby, plus a running clothing log, and a running baby supply log. And my parents wonder why I feel like I can never do enough.
    Rave: I had my maternity shoot over the weekend and it was great! I got to review the raw files right after but my friend/the photographer is going to send them to me so I can pick which ones she'll edit. I can't wait! :) 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? Nervousness, as I explained above. I'm technically only 11 weeks out and it feels SO CLOSE. I'm weirdly hung up on sewing curtains for the nursery even though that will only take me an afternoon. (I still have to pick the fabric.) On top of that, we still want to get new flooring in the living room (which I've been nagging DH about for MONTHS now), fix the tub plumbing so it's not a trickle for bathtime (which I've been nagging DH about since we moved in four years ago...), DH said he would redo my vegetable garden plot, we need to order blinds for the nursery, rebuild our cat's litter box house, and eventually we will need to set aside a day or two for freezer meal prep. It's a lot to take in :/
  • @frenchbaby18 I totally feel you on the ignorance is bliss thing the first time around! I didn't have any complications with delivery the first time (or the second time) but I was sooo nervous something was going to go wrong the second time around!!
    Also, aren't you in Paris?? Watching the news of Notre Dame and it's just heartbreaking!!! 
  • @ccmama3 yes I’m in Paris!  So crazy....
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7.25.19 & 25w5d 
    This app keeps reminding me every day how many weeks/days left and I can't help but at one time think, go faster! Slow down! Lol

Baby is the size of a(n): rutabaga ... 🍠

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK!!!! Couldn't be more happy since we already have a beautiful one year old boy. 

Upcoming Appointments: may 9th I believe. Get to do the stupid GD test 🙃

How are you feeling?: Fine for the most part. Had a problem the other day where I was a little hot and had drank caffeine for the first time probably that whole week and I was holding the baby and I suddenly felt faint. I drank some water and sat down and was better but for us southern girls probably best to watch as it starts to get even hotter (how is it even possible 😭) and dehydration will be easier to have happen.

Rants/Raves: Hating the acid reflux, the constantly getting every cold my son gets, and my husband saying he wants even more kids. Cool--you carry them! 

Questions: N/A 

I'd say I'm excited. We JUST signed a lease that is a rent to own and I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly for my nesting lol
    The house needs work and my husband also works remodeling so it's like he would be doing his job overtime 😬 
    But he better get on it 😂
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• @foodislove yikes! I hope you get the new deck installed soon! I hate how expensive it is owning a house lol! I feel like we've shelled out so much money getting the house ready for the baby. 

@ccmama3 its so hard to drink all the water, I find it easier when I work from home, since the bathroom isn't as far of a trip and I dont have a 1.5hr commute! I just switched my cup to a 32oz Yeti and am trying to drink 3 a day. It's hard, but I can for sure tell when I haven't had enough water in the day. 

@samanthak46 That sucks with the baby shower drama!! But yay for DH doing the cooking!! 

@frenchbaby18 I want to cry reading about your parents dog! So sad! I would have totally left work too! 

@hestia14 ugh I'm sorry your parents don't get it! Not sure why they are so focused on the clothes, I wish I had a stock pile of clothes but I haven't bought anything yet since I have no where to put it.. but yay for your photoshoot! Glad you enjoyed it! 

@jasonsgirl92 congrats! I hope the rent to own goes smooth! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26+4

Baby is the size of a(n): kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):
    Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 
    GD test On the 23rd

How are you feeling?: 
    Anxious to be done

Rants/Raves:  
    We fly to North Carolina Thursday with our big girls for our tribes pow wow. I’m so excited to see my family and eat good food!

Questions: 

Excitement. I’m so ready to be a complete family and have our baby boy here. I can’t wait to start the next phase of our lives and be done with pregnancy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th 

Baby is the size of a(n): slow loris

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: next week for 28 week check up

How are you feeling?: good

Rants/Raves: still waiting on a closing date for our new house. "Secret" baby show is not that secret... my mom, mil and bestfriend are all very bad at secrets. Im appreciate them trying to make it a surprise, but at this point i wish they would let me help plan.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? Nervous and excited...hard to not feel mixed. So excited for little one, but nervous about where i will live if he comes before we move into our new house...currently still living in my moms basement without my fiancee 
  • Hooray! Welcome Group 4! I'm so glad you are here and noticed that you all had been lost out there. I couldn't have that, you ladies are just fabulous! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17 (26+5) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut (how appropriate!)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: April 27th for my 28-week appointment. Sometime before that, I have to get my next 3-hour glucose testing done. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty darn good. Still struggling with heartburn but thank goodness Mylanta does the trick. Only use it when I am having an issue and my nurse said that was fine because the Zantac was causing other problems with my IBS-C. It was making me super miserable and honestly, worse. 
    Also, I feel HUGE this week. I gained 4 lbs on vacation, so I've got to really watch the sugar and water intake this week. Limit the former and increase the latter. 
    Baby Girl has settled into my pelvis a bit this week and is repeatedly punching me in the bladder nerve, so that has been fun. 

Rants/Raves:  
    Rave: Hawaii was INCREDIBLE. We had so much fun! It was amazing quality time and my hubby and I had so many great conversations about what we want and hope for our family's future. We stayed at the same resort that we stayed in for our honeymoon, the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Kona side of the Big Island. We swam with sea turtles in the lagoon at the hotel. Went on an awesome snorkel to Kaleakekua Bay. Tried malasadas. Ate all the amazing things! I think I consumed about 10 whole pineapples if you added it all up. Swimming felt amazing on my belly and I can't wait until our pool opens up here so I can go and relax in it. Takes all the pressure off the belly which felt so good. Now, sprint to the finish here. 

Rants: United needs to get there ish together. The plane we were on for our trip was just falling apart inside. The seat pockets were all busted. It was so bad in my seat on the way home, I couldn't put my knees together. I'm just always disappointed whenever I fly anyone other than Southwest. Hopefully, someday WN will offer direct flights from Denver because that part of the trip was awesome! I loved not having to change planes in CA like I've had to do in the past. 

Sadness: I'm so devastated about Notre Dame. Crying all afternoon. I pray that they will be able to restore it completely. 

Questions: 
    @ccmama3 I have a big Tervis with a straw that I drink from and try to fill up 3-4 times a day. I'm weird and without the straw, I wouldn't drink as much. I have to have the straw. LOL. 

This week is nervousness. I was super excited all last week. Now that I am home, I'm nervous. There is SO MUCH that we need to do. Y'all, we've done NOTHING. We are currently working on our hall bathroom to get that done before the baby gets here. It will be her bathroom, so I'm trying to finish re-tiling the tub. We have been working on it for a year, and are finally getting this done. We have maybe 3-4 days before it is completely done. I also need to paint all of the our doors. We had those replaced almost 2 years ago and they are still just the white that they came from the factory and they need to have the white gloss paint put on so that they won't get dirty. Need to design/paint the nursery. Still need to figure out WTF is going on with a baby shower. Just loads to still accomplish. 
  • @jennm0724 I think I need a yeti! I love ice cold water and think that would help! @hakele I like having a straw too! But drinks in straw cups don't survive in my house with a 2 and 1 year old :lol: straws are young child bait haha!!! 
  • Welcome group 4 mamas, happy to have you gals join us!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 // 26w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue <3

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow, regular midwife appt

How are you feeling?: pretty good for the most part. starting to get heartburn more often. i told hubby the baby's little fro must be growing, which i think is so cute! i can't wait to see him (but really i can wait lol he still needs some baking)!  :D starting to get that nesting feeling more and more. like @hestia14 mentioned, i too just recently thought wow, i'm 11 weeks out from being "safe"to go. 11 weeks sounds SO close!!! definitely need to get a move on painting the room, and getting those big ticket items (crib/stroller/car seat). i too have started to buy things for baby's wardrobe, and i don't see anything wrong with that. mostly because i'm picky about my taste in clothing. i've got about 5-7 outfits in the smaller sizes so we have options. 

Rants/Raves:  the weather is finally (mostly) spring like, which makes going out much more enjoyable. it also makes me want to work from home more :P 

Questions: none.

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? excitement for me. we just prayed for this little guy for so long, and his timing was just so perfect. so we are excited to meet him and love on him. his arrival also means i'm off work for a long time, and that is exciting lol. he is surely to make our summer that much more enjoyable, and we can't wait for that. 

@ccmama3 i feel like i drink a decent amt of water, but i still dont think i am drinking nearly enough. i find it harder to drink more water when i'm in the office vs when i'm at home. 

• @ccmama3 It was meant to be harmless, yes. I don't want a NICU baby, and I know full term isn't til 39 weeks. I'm just wishing for a miracle to end the pain and sickness, I've never been this non-functioning in my whole life. Also, I can't drink that much water without making myself water sick. At most 3 or 4 glasses a day. I just make sure I'm sipping lightly throughout the day, adding nuun tablets or mio drops to make it more palatable. 

@frenchbaby18 I am so sorry about the cathedral. It was so beautiful, I loved the stained glass especially. I've been looking for my photos from my visit in 2006.

@jennm0724 Yeah... in addition to the patio, turns out our outdoor A/C unit is broken, non-fixable, full replacement needed. 2019 is a money hole.

@hestia14 Yay on the maternity shoot! Ours is in June, hoping I'm not too miserable and large by then. Are you gonna share any pics here?

@blackrosevamp Would they be hurt if you told them you know and want to help? I understand wanting to have more control over parties that you are the center of. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18

Baby is the size of a(n): Turnip/Cauliflower?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green!

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test 4/26

How are you feeling?: Can't sleep.  Feeling large. I have gained ~20lb, which is the amount I gained for all 3 of my other pregnancies!  And I still have 13 weeks to go. Look out, world! 

Rants/Raves:  Here I go ranting about TB again. Just read the "What Are Your Pregnancy Cravings" article and I disagree with everything they had to say. Suggesting pregnant women substitute "low fat" dairy or Splenda instead of actual sugar.  "Turkey burgers" instead of beef. Are you kidding me?! I thought we agreed that real, whole foods are good and nutritious. I understand suggesting portion control, or eating fruit instead of candy.  But this ground turkey/lowfat cheesefood/margarine craze is so 1990.  I am over it.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? Excitement.  With this being #4 we are pretty confident about parenting.  We adore our kids and are really excited to meet this last one. This pregnancy has been my most difficult in terms of feeling sick, so I know Hubs is ready for me to be more involved/helping around the house.

• @cbeanz that article sounds like something that would seriously piss me off. That is just wrong. To recommend Splenda? That's just gross. Artificial sweeteners are not good for you. 
  • @cbeanz I do love me some homemade turkey chili, but artificial sweeteners...really? Never mind that some of us are violently allergic...
    I read a TB article called something like "Mom confesses: I hated being pregnant." I hoped the article would talk about soreness, acid reflux, limited mobility, relying on your SO for menial tasks, all the things I'm experiencing now that get me down on my bad days. Nope, it was all about body image. I totally get that body image a major issue for some women and pregnancy can make it way worse (and that probably all of us have experienced a body image crisis during our pregnancies), but it was the only thing this woman talked about. It made it seem like body image was the *only* thing that can make women dislike being pregnant.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17 / 26W 6D

Baby is the size of a(n): Slow Loris

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: Second U/S on the 24th and my GT I can take at the lab any time next week.

How are you feeling?: Mostly good but very sore and achy by end of the day. Heavy in my pelvis. A tiny bit of heart burn sneaking up.

Rants/Raves:  Yesterday we had all four seasons, snow in morning, sun by noon, rain and thunderstorm with wind and hail in the evening.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? I think a little bit of both. I am excited to meet baby but nervous about the transition (1 to 2) and being prepared etc.
  • @foodislove that sucks! Do you have a home warranty? We got one when we bought our house, and just have paid to keep it up each year. It pretty much overs our entire HVAC system. Pretty much the only reason we have it, since our summers get up to over 110F! 

@ccmama3 I cant recommend the Yeti enough LOL! We have two sizes, the 20oz and the 32oz. We have the lids with the magnetic slide so if it falls over it stops the water from leaking everywhere, although sometime it still gets out a little. 

@Cbeanz I dont even read those articles anymore, not sure who writes them! I would think portion control over going with a sugar replacement! 

@hestia14 Yes if that article mentioned all the uncomfortable things that come with it, not just to the body issues. Yes I've had breakdowns over my body changing, but its my first baby and I've never experienced it, I'm sure with #2 it wouldn't be like that. But damn if I'm not so sick of being unable to sleep on my stomach, the constant heartburn, sore hips, being out of breath. 

@canuckmomma Hopefully mother nature figures out what season you should be in! How do you even prepare for a day with all the seasons LOL! I'd never leave me house because I'd have no idea what the hell to wear.. 

• @jennm0724 that's life in Canada lol. you pretty much have to wear layers and hope for the best :P 

• @mixitupmel LOL I'm so thankful for my California weather :) 

• and i'm so jealous lol @jennm0724

• I am also jealous of California weather!!! @mixitupmel @jennm0724 ... this week were getting into the +15 C's ... so I am hopeful that winter is DONE!!
  • @canuckmomma hopefully winter is done!! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20 / 26W 4D

Baby is the size of a(n): Slow Loris 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): baby girl!

Upcoming Appointments: not until May 6. My OB only sees patients on Mondays and doesn’t book them when he’s on call at the hospital, so my last monthly checkup got pushed for a while. I’ll start every other week after this one.

How are you feeling?: good. Have had the occasional bit of heartburn which is an entirely new experience for me

Rants/Raves:  finally got around to telling our landlord about the leak in the roof that’s over the nursery. It’s now getting fixed so we can finally start thinking about prepping that room soon (I’ve been avoiding)

GTKY: What is more prominent for you right now, nervousness or excitement? Why? I’m a bit blasé about it all right now to be honest. I’m looking forward to getting into the third trimester soon and think the excitement will start building more then. I need DH to stop being so distracted with work and get more excited with me as well I think