Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 4/15

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: If you could only keep up to 5 apps on your phone, which would you keep?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 4/15

• I guess I'll jump in and hopefully I can keep up with the responses!

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, Annovulatory, AMA

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): IVF/FET

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Just had my ER on Friday so next step in FET

How are things going?: We got 9 eggs, all were mature and 7 fertilized!  So now we wait for the next report.  I'm still pretty sore but the bloating in starting to go down so that will help.  My abs feel like I did a super intense ab workout.

Any questions?:  If my ER was on Friday would Tuesday be the day 5 update?  I'm asking because the nurse said something about getting an update on Saturday from the genetic testing and that didn't make sense to me.

GTKY: If you could only keep up to 5 apps on your phone, which would you keep? Sadly I don't use a lot of apps on my phone.  Amazon, my portal for all my doctors (like my chart), Pinterest, Uber eats, Google maps
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Loading the player...
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    Diagnosis (if you've been): Early stage DOR

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Follostim, IUI #2, progesterone. 

How are things going?: Okay. I had my CD7 US yesterday and had one giant follicle, so they're having me trigger tonight. It seems really early, but E2 confirmed it's not a cyst. I only had one good follicle after taking Follistim, so I'm pretty bummed that my body is just not responding the way I'd hoped. Silver lining is i don't have to worry about a canceled cycle, I guess.

Any questions?: No, not today.

1. My bank app
    2. Password keeper
    3. Texting
    4. Google
    5. Fitbit

ETA: changed apps - how did I forget texting??
  • Is it okay if I sit with you guys?
    @kbrown2385 I'm glad the SA result was good for clomid this cycle, but I am sorry that you are WFAF now :( 
    @ruby696 what size was the follie? I'm really glad it isn't a cyst. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): LPD & MF issues

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): monitored letrozole cycle

How are things going?: good so far - going in tomorrow to check on the big follie i have going on and see where we are at. I have a feeling I'll be Oing super early this cycle. 

Any questions?: not today

Mail 
    Texting 
    Instagram
    Pandora
    uhh... I guess my dog walker app for our dogs? lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @kbrown2385 So glad YH's SA was normal. Clomid wasn't that hard on me. Hopefully you'll do fine on it.

@chichiphin It was 20mm yesterday. Part of me still thinks it's a cyst, but logically, I know my RE wouldn't go forward with IUI if it was, so I'm just trying to have faith in the process.
  • @ruby696 I totally get that line of thinking - so they know if it is a cyst or not based on E2? Like if it is too high or low?
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @ruby696 I’m surprised it’s already that big. it’s so early! Fx this works for you!

@chichiphin fx the follicle is nice and juicy (🤢)😆
  • @chichiphin Yes, exactly, although they didn't tell me what the result was, just that it wasn't a cyst. I was so sure it was a cyst when I left, that I didn't even have my head together enough to ask questions when they called later. 

@kbrown2385 I know, it's making me pessimistic already. Why can't any of this be easy??
  • chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited April 2019
    lol @kbrown2385 I'm going to name it lucy lucy apple juicy 

ETA: sorry for the awful RHOBH reference lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @celticknotfire - FX for those seven lucky eggs!

@kbrown2385 - Good news about YH SA. Hopefully Clomid isn't too bad for you and works!

@ruby696 - Wow that is an early trigger! FX this is the one that works for you.

@chichiphin - What size does a follicle have to be to trigger? Just think, a quicker trigger is a quicker cycle!

Diagnosis (if you've been): None yet

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Talking to my OB about ordering a progesterone test this cycle, and a full workup next cycle. DH has a GP appointment this week to discuss an SA.

How are things going?: Pretty good! I'm glad I waited another cycle before testing. I wasn't mentally ready for it last month, plus we had all that cardiology appointments and scares, and I'm glad I didn't have all of this on top of it. Now I'm excited about getting some tests run and hopefully some answers.

Any questions?: Does anyone else have to do everything for IF OOP? What were you able to get covered under general testing and what wasn't?

GTKY: If you could only keep up to 5 apps on your phone, which would you keep? Facebook, Instagram, Chrome, Calendar, Weather? I'll probably change my mind later.
  • @marebear15 If my OB ordered anything, it was all covered under general medical care. I even can see an RE and get it covered as general medical care as long as I don't do an IUI or IVF. I can be monitored for TI with meds and it is all covered. You might want to call insurance and ask about that specifically. AFM - my last monitored cycle I didn't trigger & my follie got to at least 28mm with no issues, so I certainly have runway! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin - My insurance specifically states that no IF related expenses are covered including diagnosis, treatment, and medications. It's that diagnosis part that's worrying me. 
  • @chichiphin I’ll take all the references haha
  • Ok, maybe I should have made the note that you don't need to include messaging and phone apps since those are the basic workings of a phone lol!

@celticknotfire so exciting to have all those eggs! Are you doing the FET right away during your next cycle?

@kbrown2385 glad you have a normal SA!

@chichiphin I would much rather O early than to be waiting forever. Hope everything looks good when you get it checked out next!

@marebear15 I haven't looked too much into the details of what has been covered for us. I think all our USs got covered so I'm guessing that was considered general testing stuff.

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): BCP since the clinic is in a down period, then IVF stuff next month

How are things going?: good. I look forward to a light AF being on BCP this month which is nice since I'm just about out of all my pads and tampons

Any questions?: My ER is scheduled for mid June (estimated date is 6/11). FET the following month in July but we have a vacation 4 weeks after and I'm super worried we're going to have to modify our vacation to accommodate a transfer. Can I take BCP for a few days to push off my cycle by a few days?

GTKY: If you could only keep up to 5 apps on your phone, which would you keep?
    1. TB since this mostly how I bump
    2. Facebook
    3. Reddit
    4. FF or Flo
    5. Wordscapes game (gotta have some entertainment)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @emmasemm I'm sorry your recovery has been harder than you expected. And sending hugs re: your TW.  <3

I'm assuming if I trigger at CD8, a potential egg is probably not mature. So this cycle feels like a waste. Ugh.
  • @ruby696 the maturity is basically governed by the size of the follicle at the time it gets the LH surge (or the fake one from the HCG trigger) - so if your follicle is big enough then it’s absolutely possible.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @emmasemm Thank you for that. It's hard to stay hopefully when your body is so uncooperative.
  • @emmasemm I’m sorry for your TW. That’s wild
    how much you were dilated - hopefully recovery gets easier from here on out. 

@celticknotfire somehow I missed yours - that’s a great number!!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @celticknotfire I missed you too - I'm sorry! But hey, great news on your ER!! When is your FET? Also, I would think Tuesday or Wednesday might be your day 5 update (depending on what they consider day 1). Definitely not Saturday. The nurse must have been confusing that with something else.
  • @kbrown2385 that's so great YH's SA came back normal.  FX Clomid is exactly what you need!

@ruby696 that's crazy you have a follicle all ready to go.  I guess one is better than multiple and a cancelled IUI.  It's my understanding that a high E2 can indicate a cyst so that might be what they are referring to.  I don't have a date for my FET yet just instructions to call on CD1.

@chichiphin FX for your US today! 

@marebear15 Unfortunately I am OOP for all IUI and IVF treatments but my insurance does cover diagnosis and some monitoring.  Could your OB code it as a cycle abnormality?  By definition an RE does more than fertility so as long as they don't use the code of procreation or infertility in theory your insurance would cover it.  However it does get into a gray area for some as far as ethics.  But since you do have an irregular cycle I don't see why your OB can't do some initial testing.

@inthewoods23 That is so frustrating your clinic can't start you sooner but at least you are getting the show on the road.  I tried to schedule everything for this ER and for the FET but honestly I've given up!  Did you ask your RE about traveling after your FET?

@emmasemm Holy dilation!!!  Hopefully you are over the worst part of your recovery and onto some answers and a plan.  Sorry about your sister that's a tough situation. 
    Both of my sisters got pregnant (twice each!) after only trying for 1-2 months so I completely understand how you feel. 

TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @ruby696 so it seems we are CD/Follie twins this cycle. I did ask my RE how he felt about me O'ing before CD10, and he said as long as it is the right size, he isn't worried - so I'm fx everything for yours!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Thank you for that! I triggered last night, so O tomorrow. FX for us and our giant follies! 
  • **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Hi, I hope you guys will have me over here.

Diagnosis (if you've been): none yet; I had my initial re visit a month ago, freaked out a bit, and after seeing that this cycle is a bust, decided to go back for all the recommended testing. We’ve been trying since May 2018 without any success.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): spotting limbo until af officially arrives...I had 5 days of spotting before af last cycle. I’ve got my temp plummet now though, so hopefully today is officially cd1.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): cd3 blood tests, saline tubal perfusion, endometrial biopsy

How are things going?: ugh. Well, not great, feeling a bunch of self-pity and I don’t like the idea of being benched this cycle, but I am constantly worried that I need something to be fixed, so I’m just trying my best, like everyone else. Also, mh is high anxiety about everything right now, so that’s taking its toll. 

Any questions?: does anyone have much info on stp? My internet searches are coming up light. Any advice or tips in general with stp or biopsy tests? I can’t determine if I want dh there or if he should save his pto.

GTKY: If you could only keep up to 5 apps on your phone, which would you keep? Bump, maps, ff, Ibotta (I’m a couponer), camera

@celticknotfire I hope your abs are feeling better by now!
    @kbrown2385 I’m glad you made it out of limbo, though of course I would have hoped for a different end result for you. I’m hoping to follow your lead! 
    @ruby696 sorry the timing wasn’t as expected, but Fx for you and this follicle! 
    @marebear15 you seem like you’re really on top of things. I’m glad you’re feeling good. I keep thinking about you and your family and all the craziness that you had last month. I’m glad to hear that things are settling down. Good luck with setting up those appointments. 
    @inthewoods23 glad to hear things are going well. I hope your vacation timing works out. I’m so tired of postponing vacations because I don’t know what my body will be doing at that point. 
    @emmasemm I hope you’re feeling better and that your follow up goes well today!! And sorry about the rough tw. I’m glad ys’s approach was better than most at least, but I know that doesn’t take away the hurt.
    @chichiphin glad to hear things are moving along well! I hope you get your confirmation on Friday!

I’m pretty anxious about putting my foot in my mouth since a lot of these procedures and meds are new to me, so please do not hesitate to let me know if I misunderstood or overstepped in any way. 
  • @begging4abump welcome! I’m sorry you find yourself having to go through testing, but I hope you find answers. Everyone is super knowledgeable here and I’m sure will be able to help with any questions you have. 

For the endometrial biopsy, I was grossly underprepared for it. The dr related it to a Pap smear, and I felt it was so much more than that. I know everyone is different, but it hurt more than just some cramping. I actually yelled (and swore 😬) at the dr. I was fine afterwards and didn’t have any spotting or bleeding but it’s not something I’d want to repeat. I’m not sure about the stp. 
  • Thanks, @kbrown2385. I also was given the comparison to a Pap smear, so good to know. 
  • @begging4abump we were all new to testing and REs at one point, you're fine! It's a lot to take in! I'm still occasionally freaking out over costs of IVF meds but it will pass. I hope you and YH can calm your anxieties to help you get through this! We're always here if you need us.

How could I forget the camera app? It's the only way I take photos now! Might need to revise my list!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks @inthewoods23. I think with all the Peggies lately, I’m on high alert for pushing buttons. It took an embarrassingly long time to write my post here.
    Sorry for the stress over med costs. For me, I think knowing that stuff is going to be expensive is one thing, and then seeing actual numbers is nerve racking. I hope those sites help you out with finding some deals, and that the stress calms down regardless.
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    Question to the group: TW re tests

Eta: spoiler 

about how long does it take for the hCG from the trigger to get out of your system? I'm trying to figure out if I can test before betas

• @ruby696 in spoiler as talk of tests 
    It depends what dose your trigger was and how fast you personally break down HCG.
    I have done 5000, 7,500 10,000 and 15,000 triggers! 
    With the 5,000 I had the problem that testing the next morning I could hardly see a line and it was totally gone the next day. But this was a sign I needed a stronger or different trigger.
    With 15,000 I could see one clearly first two days and a squinter still five days later.
    But I know other people with 5000 don’t see the line completely fade for 5-8 days!
    So you can only really be sure if you test asap after trigger every day and then watch it get fainter before it gets stronger again.

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Looks like my FET is going to be pushed back to June now.  Yesterday morning started in the emergency room  with severe right, lower abdominal pain.  After some tests my day ended in the OR with a right ovarian torsion.  But I got to be the honor of being my RE's first torsion case related to stimulation.  I wasn't at risk for OHSS and had even lost all the fluid weight I gained so they don't know why I was so special.  At least they were able to keep it laparoscopic and save the ovary. I've learned there is no planning on anything except the unexpected when it comes to IF
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire oh my goodness!!!! I am SO sorry but I am so happy they could save the ovary. Please take care of yourself & rest up friend  <3
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Oh my gosh @celticknotfire! How scary! I'm glad they were able to save yourbovary and I hope you're feeling better.
  • @celticknotfire oh my gosh! Glad things turned out okay! Yikes!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @celticknotfire Holy Cow! That sounds really painful. I am so glad to hear that you are ok and that they were able to save your ovary. Speedy recovery!  <3
  • @celticknotfire wow! Glad you’re ok and they were able to save your ovary! Hope you’re recovering ok today. 
  • @celticknotfire oh no! I hope you’re ok and recovery will be as easy as possible.
    I know it doesn’t really help but I personally know 11 people who’ve had that - and none of them had IF treatment - sometimes it seems to just happen. 3 of them lost the ovary, the others not. Good you could keep yours!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F