Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 4.16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: WTO Tuesday 4.16

• Good morning! 🎉

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Mobile bumping so I’ll probably forget everything. Taking Metformin, Armour, Vitex, Prenatal, FighterDiet Fight or Flight, Vitamins B, C, D, Kelp, Calcium 

R/R: Currently in bed trying to rev myself up to go lift! C’mon Brookert! Hoping the rainy clouds break a bit today because I would like to take walks on my breaks!

CS/Q: The dot is singing “Lonely” by “Akon”. I feel old lol

TW
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 22/21

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BCP, PNV, vitamin D, IVF next cycle

R/R: rain rain rain. I think this is only supposed to last this morning. Man it looks so gloomy.... And we had such a nice sunny day yesterday. Also my cat is very interested in outside right now. Good luck getting down cat. She's jumped onto our headboard before while we're still in bed and then will come crashing down on our faces. Not pleasant, but it's a rare occurrence.

CS/Q: nope
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 LOL at your kitty. Hope she gets down without a problem!
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    @brookert615 Up and at 'em! FX for good weather for both of us today.

@emeraldduchess Sorry about the temp drop. Is it normal for you to O this late in your cycle? Maybe wine + cold room messed up your chart and you've already o'd?

@inthewoods23 Ha! Love the cat photo. She knows your faces are there to break her fall 😂

Month/Cycle: 19/11

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: All the things, plus Follistim, IUI, and progesterone.

R/R: I triggered last night, so I'm done with all my injections! IUI tomorrow. Also, I work a shorter day today, so I'm in a pretty good mood today 

CS/Q: nope

ETA: Google answered my question
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU:
    -Keeping an eye on ovulation window, no contraception, sperm-friendly lubricant (Pre-Seed), staying healthy in general (working out, hiking, eating healthier), pre-natal vitamins, avoiding unnecessary chemicals/nasties in environment/food/pharms.
    -In terms of eating healthier, I've been adding in lots of extra fruits, vegetables (particularly greens and cruciferous ones), hemp hearts, sesame seeds, cacao powder, and olive/avocado oils.
    -I also have a very low caffeine intake (and I already don't drink alcohol or smoke).
    -I started a TTC journal (handwritten), so that has been helping me cope with some of the stress!

R/R: AF is on her way out, so I'm a happy lady! I'm off to do cardio in the next hour.

CS/Q: nupe
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @ruby696 good luck with IUI tomorrow! I will be crossing everything for you!
    To answer your question, since I have been temping, O has been between CD16 and CD20. 
    TW
    I O'ed on CD25 after my loss, so I don't really count that one. The cycle I got my BFP,  O was on CD16,  but I miscarried at 5 weeks. I do wonder if my late O and (usually) 12 day LP is why I'm not getting KU. Even with a later O, we've had great timing, so I don't think it's a matter of missing the window. 
  • @emeraldduchess Enjoy your walk! Oh yum, those bagels sound good! So sorry about the temp drop.

@inthewoods23 So much rain! Too funny about your cat!

@ruby696 Good luck with your IUI tomorrow! 

@flowntheloop Glad AF is going away! 
    TW
  • @brookert615 - Did you get your lifting in?

@emeraldduchess - Yum! Greek yogurt bagels sound amazing! Maybe you'll get another rise tomorrow.

@inthewoods23 - Ugh, go away rain. I just want nice weather for Easter!

@ruby696 - FX for the IUI tomorrow!!

@flowntheloop - Yay no more AF!

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, PNV, baby aspirin, B6, B-complex, no caffeine or alcohol, HIO (hopefully getting tested for progesterone this cycle, and DH's SA) 

R/R: DH has been working late last week and this week, which means the evenings are a little lonely, but I also can watch whatever I want on tv. I just finished Hanna on Amazon Prime, and I'm finishing up Mrs. Maisel, so I need a new show to watch. Suggestions?

CS/Q: not yet
  • Good morning, ladies! 

CS/Q: 😡😡😡 Huge temp drop again. I was so sure O was on Sunday! I had EWCM yesterday morning, but it completely dried up in the afternoon. I was really cold when I woke up this morning, so I don't know if that had any affect. 

So frustrating! I say keep trying to HIO of you and your DH still have the energy. Hopefully, O is just around the corner or maybe today was just a fluke!
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @marebear15 I decided to do cardio and I'll lift when I get home tonight! Sorry the nights are a bit lonely. We just binged on The OA and loved it! 
    TW
  • @ruby696 good luck at tomorrow's IUI! 
    **TW**

• @marebear15 We just finished Season 1 of Killing Eve (on Hulu). And I can't say enough great things about Schitts Creek on Netflix! Season 5 can be found on Amazon Prime or if you're Canadian then Pop TV. It's SO funny! 
    **TW**

• @marebear15 if you like historical/medical dramas you might like "Dr. Quinn". I loved that show growing up and I've just started watching it again. 
    @puppylove8910 thanks!  DH and I are both off work this week, so I know we have the energy. I just worry about sperm count/health/maturity and egg quality. 
    @flowntheloop glad AF is packing up to go. She ruins all the fun. 
  • @brookert615 @marebear15 @emeraldduchess So glad to be almost done with her for this cycle.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @ruby696:  good luck!!  

@all you folks with rain - ugh, sorry.  We had all the nastiness here all weekend, and it's finally sunny now!!

@emeraldduchess :  so, so, so frustrating!!!  hope O shows soon!

Month/Cycle:  11/9

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU:  letrozole, BBT, OPK

R/R:  have been neglecting the boards recently - needed to step away for a few days.  Probably will be a little quieter this cycle as I've been feeling a bit down about everything.  But I still love all my bumpie ladies!!

CS/Q:  nothing to see, haven't restarted temping yet this cycle. (But did buy a new battery for my BBT!)
  • I'm late to the party & it's not even 11 here... 
    @ruby696 yay for IUI tomorrow - GL & FX for you!! 
    @brookert615 hope you make it to the gym after work now - that's my plan 
    @inthewoods23 aw your kitty
    @emeraldduchess not to stoke your anxieties about late O, but I've had an OB & my RE make comments about later O not being ideal for getting KU, but it was mentioned in passing and never really addressed outside of me taking letrozole. They did say though that a CD18 O is TOTALLY normal, which is where I was usually landing. 
    @flowntheloop hope you got cardio in! Glad AF is almost gone
    @marebear15 Schitts Creek? Lol I'm watching it now and I do actually lol at it. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin Yay! Enjoy your time at the gym later! And yay on the follie!  <3
    TW
  • Okay, I'm going to have to start watching Schitt's Creek. 

@emeraldduchess FX your temps are just off or that you O tomorrow. My O date is usually between day 16-19, too. Makes for such a long feeling cycle.

@chichiphin Good luck this week!!

@lcking82 I took the weekend off from bumping for the same reasons. Sometimes we just need a break. We'll be around when you feel like joining in again. <3
  • edited April 2019
    @chichiphin I am not surprised that a late O is not ideal.  The only thing I have been able to find online outside of anecdotal evidence on forums is that a late O makes it harder to get KU because of timing. I think it's more than that, though. Some of the (not scientifically proven) things * read have mentioned poor egg quality or the uterine lining being too old.  But there isn't anything out there that says it's impossible to get KU if you O later than CD18. Most of my past charts show a big dip on o day, so maybe it's today. 🤞 Yay for your big follie! 

@ruby696 I hate this never-ending WTO. Of course the TWW is even harder. :( 

Edit: add to comment

• edited April 2019
    WOO HOO I'm back in the dailies!  

Month/Cycle:  10/1 AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: AF just arrived (finally), so technically nothing yet, but I'll be temping, OPKs, Preseed, softcups, SMEP/EOD, prenatals, and probably being a crazy person along the way.

R/R: So relieved to be off the bench, but also kind of terrified.  
    **TW: PG and loss
    I seem to have a very easy time getting pregnant, but after 2 losses, I am now terrified about my ability to remain pregnant.  It's going to be a journey for sure.

CS/Q: Nothing yet.

ETA more things I'm DTGKU plus miswording
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @flowntheloop I am always recommending people start journaling to cope with stress/sadness/any sort of overwhelming feeling, so I am happy you have started one. I have a little notebook I write down TTC related things in, like notes from websites and science-y books, a brief food diary, etc. It's more like if TTC were a class, it would be my notebook for that class haha. But I have a general journal for feelings/explanations of life stuff. Like, I wrote about Notre Dame and like AF's arrival last night. I don't think I could keep my TTC journaling separate from my general life journal, but if I didn't have the general life journal (I've just ... always had one) I might start one just for TTC!

@emeraldduchess I haven't seen Dr. Quinn since like 1999, blast from the past! I asked once in CS/Q whether the weather had an effect on temps, and I was told yes--if it's super hot or cold in the house, your temps, no matter how you're temping, can be affected. Also, FF has a "tidbit" I read to that affect as well? I think? I guess that's why we HAVE FF though haha. If our temps were "normal," every cycle, we'd always be able to tell when we O'd ourselves... Anyway, sorry for the frustration.

@lcking82 <3 we are happy to have you here when you can be here, but the most important thing is taking care of yrself, and I get that. <3 

@ruby696 I also feel like we need to start watching that show now!

Month/Cycle: 7/3AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: currently: green tea, maca (sometimes), RLT, eating/living clean & healthy, PNV, COQ10, omega3s, VitD, making DH take his vitamins... eventually: ff, bbt, opk, hio, cm, etc.

R/R: Really unproductive day yesterday, as I got sucked into watching Notre Dame burn for a few hours. Today, I am hoping will be more productive. Funny story: we have been leaving the back door open w/ this screen thing to keep bugs out so the dogs can go in & out & the elder doggie brought us a present last night--a dead possum! 

CS/Q: n/a
  • @brookert615 I LOL'd at your Akon/old comment.  Does that qualify us as old now???

@emeraldduchess Tell me more about this Greek yogurt bagel you speak of!

@inthewoods23 A cat to the face sounds like a very rude awakening.

@ruby696 Hooray for being done with injections!  I hope your IUI goes great!!!

@flowntheloop I feel healthier just from reading your post!  That's a lot of hard work!  Great job!

@marebear15 If you're looking for feel good, I have Queer Eye and Grace & Frankie on my list when I'm watching solo.  I also want to watch Working Moms, but haven't yet.  

@lcking82 Sorry you're feeling down, but happy to have you here as much or as little as you feel up to!

@chichiphin Get it, girl!  Good luck at your RE on Fri!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @kagesstarshroom Wooo, we're CD buddies!!!  I hope this is a good sign for both of us!  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Yesss! <3 So psyched for you to be back in the dailies! but also understand the terrifiedness. tw: loss
    My ob said that same thing to me (or what I think you meant to say) that getting pg isn't the issue, but staying so might be. She seemed truly optimistic, though, so I try to remember her optimism when I'm feeling down/scared. I hope this cycle gets us both our take-homes! 🌈
  • @kagesstarshroom Whoops!  Yes, that's what I meant to say.  Fixed now.  Thanks!  I hope so too!!!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll So happy you're off the bench, I'm sorry you're feeling terrified at the same time  <3. Also, I just remembered that song and how naive I was so it made me feel old lol. 

@kagesstarshroom Oh no! Not a dead possum! Pupper probably thought he made you proud lol.
    TW
  • I'll tag more peeps once I get to lunch but @emeraldduchess, I seem to have the lucky gif when it comes to encouraging follicle growth and O'ing. Hope it happens soon for you!

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @brookert615 LOL SOOOO PROUD. When I was alone and he killed a possum once (w/out bringing it in the house) I was so upset I yelled at him, but I know he can't unlearn that sort of behavior, so I just tried to be like "ohhh sweet jasper--NO DON'T LICK ME WITH THAT MURDER MOUTH AHHH!" / AND lol to "What happens on CD1 stays" hahahah--
  • @kagesstarshroom Dying laughing @ "don't lick me with that murder mouth"
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @ruby696 for real!! The needle is like, 22 or 25 gauge, it's so small. Yet I have absolutely no problem when I get the flu shot or when they insert the needle for all these blood draws! Lol

I think part of the nervousness is that it's not in a usual place to get a shot or pricked. And I also seem to have some kind of sensitivity in that area that radiates to neighboring areas which seems to happen most when I get a sense of arousal. It's weird to explain but I was telling myself it would hurt more than it did. I think I'm less nervous about all the stims in the stomach area since I can see it and my stupid fat will protect me... Fat is easier than muscle right?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 The length of the needle and the fact that it was an intramuscular injection gave me so much anxiety. How could that not hurt?? I watched a YouTube video ahead of time and the woman was a GENIUS because she put an ice pack on the injection site for a minute before she did the injection. Best idea ever. I felt absolutely nothing. The stims in the stomach were NBD. I did have bruising after, but I think that was from me pinching my skin. There was no pain at all. You'll do great!
  • @emeraldduchess ***TW*** LO mentioned**

I O'd on CD 18 when I conceived my DS. And my LP was usually 11-13 days max. Average was always 12 days though. I never seem to O before CD 16 and the latest I O is CD 21.  :)
    **TW**

• @inthewoods23 I love the gif! Plus I love dinosaur stuff, so it's perfect!
    @puppylove8910 thank you for the encouragement. :) 
    Got a super-dark OPK today, so we'll see. 🤞🤞🤞
  • @shamrocandroll Aww thanks! I figure if I'm gonna do it, I may as well do it right! <3
    @kagesstarshroom It's been really helpful for me to just write something down every day. Helps me process all of the crazy emotions involved with TTC. Also, [spoiler] I thought it would be an educational and empowering heirloom to hand down to a daughter or daughter-in-law one day (if it ever happens, that is)[/spoiler]
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @lcking82 we're sunny here now thank God! The rain was a bit too gloomy for me

Hope everyone else is done with the rain for today!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 That is good to hear! It is lovely here today. I did get a little overheated doing some yard work around lunch (I should have gotten out earlier!)
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • puppylove8910puppylove8910 member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, CM tracking, HIO 2 days on, one day off, Pre Seed internally.

R/R: I'm 99% sure I'm 1 DPO today, but I won't move over to the TWW until I can confirm my temps with FF. If I am 1 DPO then our timing was -3, -2, O. The plan is to HIO one more time this evening and that'll be it for FW! 

CS/Q:
    **TW**