Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 4/15

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.:

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert?

**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: TTCAL w/o 4/15

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.:  MMC in Nov, early loss in Feb.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  I had an awesome weekend, but it was also sprinkled full of reminders I'm not PG.  **TW: mention of PG
    First, the breeder who we picked out our puppy from is apparently 6 months pregnant, which I didn't know until we arrived.  She's due about a month after I would have been, and talked about timing the litter of puppies accordingly, so that was hard.

Then, we were at a local produce stand, and the freaking lady at the register implied that I was pregnant.  I just looked at her and said "Um, no" and left.  I was wearing a big, flowy sweater that kind of falls in layers, and I was holding it closed in front of me, so it was kind of all bunched up, and MH confirmed when I hold it like that, it does kind of look like I might have a bump.  But STILL.  Ugh.  So irritated.  And lastly, the effing TB app keeps sending my phone notifications that literally say "Empty" the past few days.  I've checked a million times, and I have notifications turned off, but they keep showing up anyway.  Empty notification for my empty womb.  I'm considering sending them hate mail for it today, and I'm debating completely deleting the app, but then that will hinder my ability to post pictures, etc.  But, all of that aside, we picked out our pup, and we pick her up on the 26th, and I cannot wait!  I'll post pics over in randoms.  :)

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  No

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert?  If I'm getting ice cream at a stand, I always go for black raspberry with chocolate sprinkles on a sugar cone.  If I'm buying ice cream, I will go for either Ben & Jerry's Tonight Dough or Talenti caramel pretzel gelato, although I haven't been able to find that flavor in that for a while. :'( 

**TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Loading the player...
  • @shamrocandroll I am so sorry you are getting so many reminders right now. It's such a punch in the gut and sometimes it feels like the universe is mocking us. Hugs to you.  Can't wait to see pics of your new pup! 
    @kbrown2385 glad your DH's test results came back normal. Good luck with the clomid, I am crossing everything that you get your rainbow soon! 
  • @kbrown2385 Great news that YH's SA came back normal!  I hope Clomid is the answer and you guys get your rainbow really soon!!!  <3 

@emeraldduchess I'm so glad you ended up having a really nice time.  And that's really sweet of her cousin.  Also, whereabouts in New England are you?  I'm in NH right by the VT border.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• edited April 2019
    @shamrocandroll I am in MA, about an hour south of Boston. I pronounce all my "r"s though. ;) I went to college in NH in the Manchester area. 

• @emeraldduchess Hey cool!  I grew up about 45ish minutes (with no traffic, which is basically never, hah) south of Boston.  Fairly close to the RI border.  I went to college in Boston.  Moved here 5.5 years ago.  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.:  MMC 9/18 @ 9 weeks with D & C; MMC 2/19 @ 8 weeks with Cytotec

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

~ Struggling with all this weight gain from last several months. It is really upsetting as the seasons are changing & nothing fits. I need to stay focused on getting some exercise & eating lots of veggies.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  

~Started my first dose of progesterone this morning. I have to take it for two weeks, twice a day (vaginally); then take pregnancy test. I am very anxious & nervous.

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert?

~If I am going all out-- I like all things peanut butter & chocolate! Also, coffee flavored froyo is great with chocolate & toffee/heath on top.

@shamrocandroll I have been getting those same annoying, EMPTY notifications. And I get them at like 5 AM so they wake me up! Really annoying. 

• @shamrocandroll @omg1108 Turn off notifications for TB in your phone, and DEFINITELY contact their tech support? I would explain how this is not only annoying, but also triggering in an email, and maybe they'll send you a free sticker or something. (I have most notifications turned off for most things, and I swear by it.)

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: cp Oct. 2018; mmc w/ d&c Jan./Feb. 2019

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I *did* mean the above "yay" as sarcasm, but at the same time, I'm excited bc we have a fighting chance this cycle. Last cycle I was traveling during FW, this one-- I am not. 

TW: I'm vague in my references coming up, but also talking *about* trigger warnings & things that might necessitate them, so I'm gonna TW it just in case:

My (gay, cis-male) BFF texted me about something that he had said to one of his other BFFs who is going thru a (tedious, difficult, long, esp. bc they're a lesbian couple) adoption process w/ her partner that offended them because they can't get pg like normal str8 couples & while I think she could have handled/explained the situation to him more fairly, I did explain how she wasn't being outrageous & he should ask her if she wants a TW for anything mentioning babies or ppl being pg. I also explained how something he'd said to me like a ~month ago was triggering & I didn't tell him bc I knew he didn't mean to hurt me & that he'd be upset to know he did--but my counselor said to just tell ppl from now on bc I shouldn't have to suffer any more than I already have when it's possible for me to control it... he wasn't resistant, but was definitely having trouble understanding at first. I explained how, like, I know pg ppl & babies exist in the world, but hearing about SPECIFIC ones, esp. ppl I know, can be triggering sometimes but not always. So he's agreed to TW certain things for me via text so I have the choice whether I want to hear it of not--really, it's just the warning I need, and then I'd likely want to hear the story? I'd just be more prepared? And I said he should ask the other friend the same thing, but I'm not sure what she'll say; she's a bit of a firecracker.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? n/a 

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert? I'm a PB & chocolate girl like @omg1108! It's my Nana's fave ice cream, too. Chocolate ice cream w/ rivers of PB. Hard to find where I live now, which is.... the saddest bc the brand that does it (Turkey Hill I think?) doesn't distribute down here. Blue Bell has a comparable flavor, but we can't always find it. 

• @kagesstarshroom I do have notifications turned off, so I don't get why they're still coming through!  I emailed their app tech support and had to restrain myself to not write them a novel of all the things wrong with their app/site.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: MC Sep18 and MC Mar19

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I'm happy that I actually O'd it seems at a good time, last couple of cycles I O'd very late. I'm happy thing's are getting on track so quickly, but also annoyed at our not so ideal timing. I think I'm putting so much pressure on this cycle since with my first loss my EDD would have been for early May and was hoping I could be pregnant by then. Also I've always wanted a Dec due date and this would/could be that cycle so I'm trying not to think about this all and get too disappointed. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I missed a call from my dr on Friday so I will reach out and make sure all is ok

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert? I always mix ice cream when I get it, half pistachio and half mixed berry yogurt. 

• @kagesstarshroom I'm glad you spoke up to your friend!  It's hard to understand when it hasn't happened to you, but I am glad he was receptive to the feedback.  Also, I loooooove chocolate PB ice cream, but agree it's hard to find a really good one!  I also like the vanilla ice cream with little mini PB cups.  I forget who makes it.  Maybe also Turkey Hill?  So good!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll sorry you are getting all these reminders.
    @emeraldduchess really good that you got through it and had some peace
    @kagesstarshroom yay to a new cycle and a new opportunity! Also that's a great way to let friends know about TW and what could be triggering for some may not be for others. I'll try and apply that as well

• @kbrown2385 I'm excited for you and I hope you have great results with the Clomid!

@shamrocandroll and @omg1108 I'm getting the notifications too. I thought they were annoying but now that you point out that is says empty (how fitting, thanks TB, I'm aware of my status), I'm even more annoyed. 

@emeraldduchess I'm so glad you were okay at the shower. And your MIL sounds lovely.

@kagesstarshroom Sorry about CD1, but I'm glad you'll have a better shot with your FW this cycle. 

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k May and June are due dates for me too, and I really can't believe I'm still here. Sorry you're feeling the pressure. <3

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 5 losses. 3 MMC's and 2 CP's.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I just have no hope for this cycle, which is so depressing because now that I'm seeing an RE, I feel like I'm paying money for nothing. And even if I were to get pregnant, I feel like it means nothing because I'll probably have another loss. I'm just so frustrated because I feel like my body isnt responding to fertility treatments the way it should be. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? US yesterday shows one follicle ready to go. 

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert? Strawberry ice cream (I'm a purist) or apple pie gelato, because OMG yum.

• @kbrown2385 good luck with the clomid. I hope you get your take home baby soon.

@shamrocandroll I'm so sorry about the notifications. Hope tech ppl can fix it for you.

@emeraldduchess hope you have a fun and relaxing spring break.

@omg1108 good luck with progesterone. Let me know how it feels. I've been thinking of going on progesterone.

@kagestarsshroom glad you were able to talk to your friend and let him know about TWs. You're helping him be a better friend to everyone.

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k I know it's hard not to have all this due date wishes because it does feel like pressure and then disappointment. I do it too. I keep trying to work some imaginary due dtae into my work and school schedule. But I also know it will result in disappointment if I don't get pregnant. Trying my best to not do that but it's hard. Good luck.

AFM:

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: 2 losses, 1 MMC @ 8wks 8/18, 1 MMC + D&C @ 9wks. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Had my aunt's memorial this weekend it was bittersweet but got a lot of questions about when I was going to have a baby. Its was the first time and didn't just shrug it off and I told everyone we were trying but had 2 miscarriages. It was healing to be able to tell my family and I think they are less liekly to keep asking me about kids in the future. It was hard but I'm glad I did it. I want to normalize so we talk about it more.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? N/A

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert?  I love moose tracks. The combo of vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups and fudge. Too bad I can't have it anymore since I became super lactose intolerant :(

• edited April 2019
    @ruby696 Aww, I'm sorry my bitter observation pointed that out for you.  I sent them a nasty-gram about it, so we'll see if that does anything.

ETA I'm really sorry you're not feeling hopeful about this cycle.  I hope your instincts are off.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll No worries, I'm kind of surprised I didn't think of it myself. It would be great if they stopped. I'm kind of OCD about notifications and messages. I'd love to stop getting these!
  • @maserrano714 I'm sorry people were asking, but so glad you felt better after speaking up.  I hope they think twice before they ask those kinds of questions again.  Also, sorry about becoming lactose intolerant!  But there are sooooo many good dairy free options out there now!  In fact, one of my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor is dairy free, made with almond milk!  It's coffee ice cream with chocolate chips and caramel swirls.  I haven't seen it recently, though.  I really hope they didn't retire it!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Hi all, I have taken a couple weeks to process everything, but ready to engage more.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: Had a blighted ovum finally diagnosed at 8 weeks. D&C a day later. It's been 4 weeks tomorrow.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Physically, feeling much better. I didn't realize how much pregnancy was making me an emotional wreck. It's hard knowing that today would have been the day to tell people (would have been 12 weeks!), but I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Had my follow-up for the D&C last Friday. Opted for a blood test as opposed to doing nothing or a u/s. Nurse just called to tell me that my HCG is 14.8, so have to retest in a couple weeks. My HCG was 58k 4 days before my D&C and I've read it takes 4-6 weeks to get back to normal and I tested at 3.5 weeks, so I hope that's the case and I don't have to take further measures. Anyone have experience with this? Anything to be concerned about? 

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert? Cone heads from Friendly's. Usually like some sort of chocolate chip or chocolate ice cream as the base, but I just love Cone heads. 

• @sorarose sorry for your loss. With my first loss around the same time (week 9) my levels took around 3 weeks to go down. It should go fairly quickly especially since you are at 14.8 now. Best way to tell is if you go in a week or so to see how its changing. 
  • @maserrano714 good for you and letting your family know and that you found it helpful. I don't get asked often but with Easter coming up, this might be my approach

@ruby696 sorry you are in a funk with the start of this cycle <3 
  • @emeraldduchess so glad you were able to enjoy yourself and sweet of your mil and her cousin. 

@sorarose I’ve had it take 7-8 weeks for the hcg to leave my system. I am glad you’re joining us here again.

@maserrano714 I’m glad you were able to respond honestly with them and I’m glad it was helpful for you. 

@ruby696 I’m so sorry you are feeling so down about this cycle. 

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k June and July will be like that for me, so I completely get feeling that way. Hugs
    to you. Glad you o’d a better time this cycle.

@kagesstarshroom sorry about cd1. I have a friend that I’ve had to teach about things like that as well. I’m glad he was receptive. Also that turkey hill chocolate pb swirl ice cream is amazing. 
  • @kbrown2385 I'm super glad that friend reached out at me-- he was like "i know nothing about any of this" and I am glad he felt comfortable enough, knowing my history, to ask me about this other friend. I might have to buy some choc. ice cream and swirl the PB in myself lol since I miss that kind so much.

@sorarose Glad to see you are feeling good enough to rejoin us. Sorry for the milestone day today-- I am glad you are able to talk about it and cope with your grief one day at a time.

@maserrano714 I am so proud of you for telling your fam--what a great step for you, and also, honestly, for general awareness. I agree that normalization of this topic would be something that makes it easier for us.

@ruby696 I am sorry to hear that you're feeling so down about everything, but I hope you find some solace in being able to talk about your heartbreak and frustrations--these are real, valid emotions, and they are important. I hope you aren't weighed down too much by them moving forward.

@c1kc1kpol1cn1kIt has taken me so long to realize that I can't "plan" this thing--like, I feel finally comfortable with the not-knowing when I will get pg, when I will stay pg, and all the if's attached. It's... really liberating to finally be like "i guess we'll see." Anyway, I hope you don't have to get to that point, though, and get your take-home baby when you want! GL this cycle.

@shamrocandroll I'm glad you emailed them! And lol at having to restrain yourself to bitch about other things. I hope it gets fixed asap.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: hi. Early MC this month

Status: waiting for MH to get home from a month long training

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? This sucks. I am still so incredibly bloated and if things had gone well it would be exciting but instead it’s just a reminder every freaking minute. Also dreading telling MH about everything because I know it will break his heart. He doesn’t have his phone so I haven’t been able to contact him. He doesn’t even know I was PG. So that’s going to be a sucky conversation. Advice welcome. Rave: my mom is here visiting and motivating me to function so that helps

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Blood work again Friday, just tracking hcg to below 5.

GTKY: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream/froyo/sorbet/other similar frozen dessert? All the ice cream. Blue Bell raspberry fudge brownie is my current jam 

• @MrsJessS I am so sorry for your loss. 💔 
  • @MrsJessS I’m so sorry you’ve ended up here 😔
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    @MrsJessS I'm so sorry to see you here. And I'm sorry you've had to deal with your loss without YH.  <3

Eta: poor reading comprehension 
  • @MrsJessS I'm so sorry for your loss - I'm sending you strength for that hard conversation with YH. I'm glad your mom is there. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• edited April 2019
    @MrsJessS So sorry to see you here. I enjoy giving advice, but this is a tough one because all men seem to take/understand mc differently. I think, though, at the very least they are ALL typically receptive to the people they love feelings, so I would suggest making this about you & yr emotions during this difficult time--it is, anyway, but there might be an inclination to make it about "the pregnancy"--which is obviously part of you, and I'm so sorry you are still going thru those symptoms. I went through that in Feb., so I get it. But in better news, for me at least, it was like one of those things that is just gone and you don't even notice it's gone until you're like "hey, I have no symptoms anymore" and then you're sad all over again.  Anyway, 1) Everything you are feeling and going through is totally normal and we are here for you in all your best and worst and craziest moments. 2) You are likely in any one of the early stages of grief, which rears its head for each of us differently, and getting YH to understand that--that this is about grief, a specific grief, more than anything else at this point--I am advising would be the most helpful. How exactly to tell him--don't put it off, but not right away, right? Is that what you're thinking? Like, it's been awhile and you're going to be happy to see him, but he will likely read that something is up sooner rather than later, and you don't want him guessing for your own sake. Hugs!

ETA to add: p.s. I TOTALLY almost bought that Blue Bell flavor yesterday when I was shopping! I can't do chocolate during AF though bc it gives me awful cramps, so I got a chocolate-less one instead. But now, next time, I'm all over that one. I will report back.
  • @MrsJessS I'm so sorry for your loss, and that you went through it by yourself.  I got my last BFB on a business trip by myself and it felt so lonely.  I had my early MC a day after getting home after telling MH in a really cute way, and it sucked so much to go from such a high to such a low so quickly... but at least I wasn't alone.  Big big hugs.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @kagesstarshroom I don’t worry at all about him not being empathetic...I know he’s going to be absolutely heartbroken. By the time I’m able to talk to him I will have had the opportunity to work through a lot of my emotions and all that. Then it’ll be opening it all up again and making it fresh. And that part sucks. The biggest debate I’m having is between telling him on the phone and waiting to tell him in person when he gets home. Those times are about 2 ish weeks apart. I don’t want to put him through the heartbreak while he’s already in a stressful work environment with no privacy but I also don’t want him to feel like a kept it a “secret” from him for too long.
  • @MrsJessS - I would play it by ear. If you can tell him in person, try to wait until then, but if he guesses that something has happened by your voice, than maybe tell him. DH had a rough rough time with our loss, sometimes I feel like it was harder on him than me. He took a lot of time to come to terms with it, and now, 4 months later, he's still dealing with debilitating depression at times.
  • @MrsJessS I'd play it by ear as well, but I know MH is a VERY private person, and also grieved more than I expected for our loss - so if I was in the situation, I'd wait. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @marebear15 and @chichiphin thanks. That’s what I was leaning towards as well I’m just overthinking everything. We won’t get a lot of time on the phone so I doubt he’ll notice anything is off until he gets home 
  • @MrsJessS I'm glad to hear YH will be someone who can commiserate/FEEL this with you. I agree with the ladies above. I am so sorry that you even have to make decisions like this, and I hope you are taking care of yourself and have a good group of friends to support you (even if you haven't told them what you're going through?)
  • @MrsJessS really sorry you are going through this <3
  • Doctor's call update:

So this threw me off a bit. My Dr reached me on Monday to tell me by beta's are at 4 (which she counts as fine, but last time I went down all the way to negative). Then she proceeds to tell me that from the ultrasound the week prior  **TW( incomplete MC mention) they saw that I still had some small retained tissue on the wall and not to worry all should pass at my next AF and to monitor if I have any infection symptoms ***End TW.  Seriously...Now i'm stressing out thinking what now, is this cycle a waste? DH and I were active around O so now could that be an issue...

Has anyone gone through something similar? I know it's a lot of "what if's"  
  • MrsJessS  I agree about playing it by ear. If it seems like the right time to say something over the phone, then do it. If not, wait til he gets home.  

c1kc1kpol1cn1k That's definitely odd.... I know some doctor's DO want to track down to 0 even though below 5 can be considered 'not PG.'  Are you already past O definitively for this current cycle?  Because if not I would definitely sit this cycle out if there's retained tissue.  That's not something you want to worry about...  I wouldn't consider this cycle as a waste, as much as be concerned about other problems.  (Don't wanna freak you out here or anything) But as long as you're watching you should be able to spot anything abnormal...
  • @dpchickens Agreed, very odd. If I had known this earlier I definitely would have sat this cycle out. I am definitely past O since I've had my temp spike and it has remained above the cover line now 6DPO. Now I am being super vigilant about any other symptoms and she wants me coming in after AF to see if that helped anything..
  • jandawgjandawg member
    edited April 2019

Hi I'm also a Jess. Living on the west coast of Canada. 1 MMC last December 

In my second cycle after AF came back in Feb (details below). I'm very grateful to have my body and cycle back to normal but trying not to drive myself crazy during TWW.

TW**** I don't know if this is helpful but I went through something slightly similar to c1kc1 I had a MMC at 8wks discovered at 12wk ultrasound on Dec 12. Had a d&c on Dec 20. Dr called early Jan about not finding products of conception in the tissue post procedure so I went back for an ultrasound on Jan 10 and they found the d&c had failed. Had a repeat procedure on Jan 12 with a follow up ultrasound to ensure it was successful (which it was thank goodness). It was really hard having to go through healing all over again when I thought I was well on my way to healing the first time. That said, I'm grateful that I never got an infection despite the length of time that passed. I think it's a good sign your dr thinks it will pass naturally. After the second procedure I got AF back 5 weeks later and have had 2 cycles since then. End TW*****

Pistachio all the way!!